Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Purging

Purging girl stuff? Too many times to count, over the years. This time, I'm working on the boy stuff.
    Calling bigotry an "opinion" is like calling arsenic a "flavor".

Silver Member
    I guess I'm different. I did throw away one outfit which I had purchased as a onetime event. My wife did purge some of my stuff when she cleaned out her closets. She said they were too old for me and some were just plain ugly. She and my daughters purge often. I'm amazed at how many clothes they go through. My wife is not as bad. Then again they make good money and are expected to have great wardrobes.

p.s. My mother grew up poor in the depression era and resisted throwing anything away. On one visit home she asked me to take all my girl clothes and my sister's clothes back with me. My sisters didn't want any of them. So I ended up with a bunch of 50s/60s clothes. I ended up donating them to the high school.
    Last edited by lingerieLiz; 12-01-2019 at 09:44 PM.

There is a big difference between purging and leaning out you closet.

I purged three times that I can remember...along with illogical thoughts that I wasn't going to dress anymore or that I was "over" or had "outgrown" that "phase". When I actually decided to accept that part of me and embrace it a little bit occasionally so that Cheryllynn could come out, I vowed to not purge again. I really wish I had some of those clothes back, especially the early stuff I had in the mid-late 1980's.
    -Cheryllynn

I NEVER go bare-legged! Kimberly A.'s Avatar
    I did purge once before, the better part of a year or so ago..... I had TONS of feminine stuff, makeup, clothes, shoes, etc. and due to religious reasons, I threw EVERY bit of it away, all except for my hosiery. But now, since getting back into CD'ing, I do feel like perhaps it's who I'm supposed to be and I'm a lot happier when I'm dressed as Kimberly.
    Last edited by char GG; 12-02-2019 at 07:15 AM. Reason: Sorry, per rules, no discussion of: Religion of any sort, no exceptions
    My YouTube channel: Kimberly A.

I agree that purging is not cleaning out your closet, I think with myself it was as a result of being disgusted and thinking if I dumped my girl stuff that part of me would go away. Thanks to sites like this we know that is not the case and the desire comes back eventually, stronger then ever.
    Last edited by Crissy 107; 12-02-2019 at 04:33 AM.
    Crissy

no need to perge daughter number 3 has a look every year when I buy new things

The biggest regret was that I threw out a teddy bear I had had since I was a child. I’m still upset about that after writing it just now.

I came across him under the bed during my worst ever purge and he fell victim to the same “you’re a grown man” crap. I can replace the shoes and stuff but not him.
    Last edited by Eemz; 12-02-2019 at 03:36 PM.

I've purged several times over the years but once I worked on myself with a very qualified therapist I accepted me feminine side, my dressing desires and most importantly myself, it was life changing for the better in many ways and I vowed to myself to never purge again, to always be honest and open with anyone I was going to be in a relationship with and to live my life the way I wanted to live it and I've never been happier in my life, I have a very accepting and encouraging girlfriend to share my life with and I couldn't be happier.

Aspiring Member
    The last purge I had was just before I left home for college, that was more out of necessity than anything and that was more than a few years ago. I remember when I was a kid I would purge my collection a couple of times a year!

I have stopped dressing from time to time in recent years but I have not purged like I did when I was 15. I have come to accept that this is just part of who I am.

Last time I felt like purging I stuffed everything in a big box, taped it shut and put it in the attic of the garage. A couple weeks later I was out there getting the stuff back!

Think twice before purging, could what one considers needs throwing out come back into fashion again? if so keep it store it in a vacuum pack bag it will stay fresh. if something does not fit any more or its shrunk then sure get rid of, I have had one clearing out session getting rid of stuff i considered was not my style at all.
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

No just disposed of worn out or grown out of stuff. And a few things that I just never liked on me anyway but NO PURGE.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

Quote Originally Posted by Pumped View Post
    Last time I felt like purging I stuffed everything in a big box, taped it shut and put it in the attic of the garage. A couple weeks later I was out there getting the stuff back!
    If you absolutely feel the need to purge then do it this way.
    Crissy

Aspiring Member
    Hi Crissy,
    The urge to purge has not struck in a long long time. I have too much money in my wardrobe. Dressing makes me happy. Why would I give up something I love. Since I am in a DADT relationship, I keep it to myself. I'm not a smoker or a drinker or a drug abuser so I see it as harmless fun

California Dreamin Michaelasfun's Avatar
    Fortunately not, having read the regrets of everyone on here who has
    Michaela

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice. - Rush

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    Purging? Too many times to count.

Overall, I don't really care about that anymore. What's done is done. Just part of the journey of discovering & self-acceptance, I suppose.

And as weird as it may sound, there can be some positive benefits to that, such as freeing you to shift your course, as needed... You know, when you inevitably start back up again.

The only material one that really hurt was the really HUGE one, maybe in 2011/2012? Leading up to that, I had been going at it hard for a long time. It was my life. *Lots* of money & cool stuff, down the drain... Along with many of the memories specifically associated with each piece.

But the worst one, by far, IMO? All the digital pics (the long-term "keepers," if you will) from over the decades -- gone forever.

Anyway, I know better with all this to never say never...

But purging? No more. Done with that, thanks!

Yes - several times in the past but never again.
    Lots of Love Lilly xx

Not me in the avatar but the lovely Jenny Powell who I loved so much

Aspiring Member
    I've done it a few times in the past; once, it lasted for nearly 20 years. But the urge to purge is always overcome by being keen to preen. Now, if I have a bout of angst about being TG and want to purge, I hide instead, in a safe place in the attic. But I usually keep an "in case of emergency break glass" outfit readily accessible, LOL! But now I don't bother hiding stuff other than putting away the summer stuff when it's winter and vice-versa. I just dress when I feel like it and don't when I don't. I do cull though, when I have too much and realize this or that dress doesn't really suit me or is not really to my tastes, and to free up room. Even culling though, I've ended up regretting the odd outfit I tossed in the community charity bin.

I can count seven times when I hav purged mostly around moves and no interim place to hide the stash. Sadly, I have lost a lot of nice things that are now considered vintage and cannot be easily replaced - some things, not at all. I won't say I will never do it again but I will certainly be more judicious about what will go and what will stay.

I only purge things that do not fit the way I want them to or maybe there is a rip in them. Or I just do not like it anymore. I have outfits that are 30 years old that I still have. The other thing as I got older found it hard to walk in some of the shoes I have. They do not fit right or too tight.
    Just a girl fronm Long Island, NY .... always looking to meet others from my area.

Over the years, my purges have been more about thinning the heard, but, I recently found myself in a very dark place. Lots of downers in many aspects of my life. My selectively accepting wife made a comment, which combined to lead me to fear losing my only friend (her). I resigned myself to purge and never dress again (I know). Luckily I had a shadow of sanity left, and opted to bury everything deep in the attic instead of the dumpster. Things were further complicated when my wife took the disappearance of my things as a passive aggressive retaliation for her comments, that admittedly I had overreacted to. Time and communication have begun to heal this situation, but, even as much as I’d like to dress again, I’ve been unable to bring myself to do it. I am, however, glad I did not purge, and my things have returned to their rightful place, though I am having a tough time even looking at them at this point.

Hugs
    MeeShell
    I'm not a woman trapped in a man's body.
    "not that there's anything wrong with that"-George Costanza
    I just feel pretty in pink

I've done it more times than I'm going to bother to count. I always regret it, even if it takes a few years. The last time I was "done for good," I at least knew better than to purge again. So, rather, I boxed my things and left them with a friend who lives across the state, and was kind enough to keep them in her basement. I realize that not everyone has this option, but it turned out to be a good strategy for me.
    "She ain't waiting 'til she gets older, her feet are makin' tracks in the winter snow.
    She got a rainbow that touches her shoulder, she be headed where the thunder rolls."

-Van Halen, "Secrets"

Aspiring Member
    I?m feeling not so much of a purge, but a thinning of the heard. Some items are several years much less out of style, out of season. I guess it?s gonna be a trade off, lose some to get some, clothes that is.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Meeshell View Post
    I am, however, glad I did not purge, and my things have returned to their rightful place, though I am having a tough time even looking at them at this point.
    I've known that feeling. Rational thinking knows that it's the perception that's the problem, not the actual activity. Compartmentalize. Never purge. Just allow the CD thing to take a back seat for a while.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!