Thread: Forced myself to dress and ...

Forced myself to dress and ...

I had nothing special to do today, so I planned to go all the way today with full makeup and a nice dress and spend the whole day en femme. But when I woke up I felt really down for some reason. I got all showered and shaved, but I just couldn't go any farther.

So I sat down and played a few computer games, all the while getting more depressed. Then I said to myself, "get in that bathroom, girl, and get your makeup on." So I forced myself to go through the ritual, but it didn't make me any happier. I just felt like I was making myself look weird. I got everything done, grabbed my favorite blue dress from the closet, put on my wig and jewelry, looked at myself in the mirror and thought "you know, I really don't look all that bad."

I was still bummed out though, so I said to myself "get out of this house and get yourself some lunch!" So I grabbed my purse and went out to my favorite restaurant.

Well, that sure brought me around. It felt so great to be out and about, showing off my femme self to the world!

So I'm back home now, sitting in my favorite place (the back porch), with my favorite beverage (iced tea), wearing my favorite blue dress, and my favorite open-toed shoes with their little bows, and feeling happy as a clam. Boy am I glad I forced myself to dress!

So I invite all you ladies to join me. Put on your favorite dress, grab your favorite beverage, and join me in your happy place! And if you really can't dress right now, join me in spirit!

Ah Cynthia, yes it is hard to do that sometimes but as ladies we need to do it and enjoy ourselves. Here is a cheer for you and I'm joining this sit down and kicking back.
    Part Time Girl

Awww... good for you. I'm like that. When I have the blues I have no desire to dress. When I have dressed anyway, I did feel better.
    Every human being is the natural guardian of her own importance.
    The art of progress is to preserve order amid change, and to preserve change amid order.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I know exactly how that feels Cynthia but I'm glad you were able to get out and enjoy yourself.
    About a month ago some friends called and said we should all get together and hang out and I said no I really didn't want to.
    They called back after a while and said go get dolled up we are coming to pick you up at 5:00pm.
    I thought oh great now I have to shave,do my make up and find something to wear. LOL
    We had a great time and I was glad they made me get out.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 06-14-2016 at 04:13 PM.

Platinum Member
    Cynthia, that routine sounds like any other. We get into a period of doldrums. Being forced or forcing oneself to get off his or her ass and do something is the best medicine fo shed the doldrums.

Aspiring Member
    Cynthia,
    I have been feeling the same way. Tomorrow I will have to do the same. I am glad it helped you.
    Sara

Banned Read only
    Cynthia,
    I feel sometimes like that about shopping, but as soon as I walk down the walk way from the car park and into my favourite shopping centre that feeling has gone, I can't wait to see something nice and get a good deal and have some fun with the SAs. I know it's in drab but I'm usually underdressed so I can slip a pair of shoes on or like last time a leather mini skirt in a retro charity shop , sadly it didn't fit but it was fun trying !

My top tip for me and any other gals out there is as follows : DO NOT dress or shop when you are feeling down or depressed. Just don't. You're not going to have good time, and afterwards you will just feel ashamed.
    I have passed many opportunities to dress because I was feeling down. I know I'm not going to enjoy it. So when the time comes and I'm excited to dress and I'm happy then I know that dressing experience will be a good one.
    "And tell me, why you're staring. Come on, Come on, it must be, what I'm wearing! - Smash Mouth"

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Glad u had fun, Cynthia. To each their own!

Nothing stresses me out more than having to go in public as myself dressed!

At home, I can be Sherry and dress exactly as I like and not worry about seeing even one fish eye or hear any,"OMG! That was a man!", comments
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I really cannot identify about having to force myself to dress. This is never a problem. I do find, however, that when I am stressed out and go out en femme, the stress just melts away.
    This comment by AprilMayy is interesting:

"DO NOT dress or shop when you are feeling down or depressed."

If I go out when I did not get enough sleep the night before or am very tense, this can show up on my face and until the effects of being en femme kick in, I can get strange looks from the people around me. Even in this situation, going out en femme, with rare exception, does have a good effect.
    If going out dressed does not usually change your mood, this warning should be kept in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by CynthiaD View Post
    ...So I'm back home now, sitting in my favorite place (the back porch), with my favorite beverage (iced tea), wearing my favorite blue dress, and my favorite open-toed shoes with their little bows, and feeling happy as a clam. Boy am I glad I forced myself to dress!...
    No doubt also silently singing to yourself the words from Shania Twain's hit song "Man! I Feel Like a Woman!" as you sat there awash in all that femininity...

Isn't interesting when we have to talk into something we love?
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Cynthia, Good for you! I can't join you dressed how I would like just now, but in my mind I am already there. A white summer skirt, lite blouse, pink nail polish (press on), and this time I have stiletto sandals on. I am a beer girl, so a nice tall light beer.

Silver Member
    I have had those moments and often times when you work through them the effort is worth the reward. Glad to hear you got to enjoy your day and beat those doldrums. I did notice a somewhat interesting quote in your post " Boy am I glad I forced myself to dress!" LOL

That's a strange new twist on forced feminization.