Thread: Two close calls in the last month

Two close calls in the last month

One of my daughters has started not keeping her schedule! A few weeks ago she was working and my wife was at work so I had a couple hours. I did my toenails, put on some hose and a long shirt, and sat down in the dining room. I live in a condo so people are coming and going all the time and I don't pay all that much mind to footfalls on the stairs. Well, on this day all of a sudden, she's opening the front door! I picked up and ran so fast to the bedroom! Thankfully I got in there before she was inside.
    That was an easy one though.

Tonight, the wife is out with a friend until late and my daughter was going to her boyfriends' place. He lives about an hour away and she said she was spending the night, so it seemed like an ideal time to practice my makeup and forms and try to put myself together a little bit. I was full tilt in wig, makeup, corset, bra, hip pads, my pink and black yoga pants (that I absolutely love!), and a tight T-shirt. Thankfully I was up in the loft when she and her BF walked in the front door!! I immediately put on my DAD-voice and announced, "DO NOT COME UP HERE!"

They said OK and went into her room. I took off the wig, corset, bra, and forms. Then I listened for quiet and made a break for my bedroom, where Alison stuff was all over the bed! Thankfully I had closed the door before going upstairs!

I took off my makeup and everything else. When I came out DD and BF were gone again.
    Whew! I wonder if she'll ask why the secrecy?

maybe you should set your daughter down and have the TALK

The avvy pic isn't me
    Quote Originally Posted by chelyann View Post
    maybe you should set your daughter down and have the TALK
    If not the capital letters TALK, then perhaps the talk that hints at getting out in the world and experiencing adulthood?

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I suffered thru a year of incredible stress after my adult daughter moved in with me full time. After nearly being caught a number of times, I found dressing was no longer fun for me! Plus, I knew sooner or later I would be caught. Which I believe would have been equally traumatic for both of us!

So, I told her. Now, I tell her when I'm going to dress and she either avoids me or leaves. At my insistence she has not told her boyfriends about my dressing either!

U mite consider this, Alison.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    It saddens me when adults can't do as they please in the privacy of their own homes. I very much doubt if she will ask why the secrecy because she will probably assume the answer (whatever it is) could be either embarrassing for both her and you or, at the very least, non of her business. Afterall, why all the secrecy if you want to share the answer!

Daisy x

I may be out to lunch here, but if your daughter is old enough to spend the night with her boyfriend, maybe it is time for her to get her own place

Wouldn't it be great if you could just walk out completely dressed and say hi?
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Alison,

I am betting that most of the forum members here have experienced similar "close call adventures". I have had many stomach wrenching close calls, some real and some were only thought to be real but turned out not to be. I for one believed that I was an expert at cleaning up any traces of my dressing only to find there wer often little details I would miss.

Thanks for sharing your story. Best wishes.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

I came out to my two adult daughters before my wife. They were totally accepting and even helped me find the courage to tell their Mother. The "younger generation " seems to be alot more accepting of us than we are.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    All I can say is 'been there done that', both my sons have an annoying habit of turning up when you least expect them to!
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Thanks for all the feedback!

Quote Originally Posted by andreanna View Post
    I may be out to lunch here, but if your daughter is old enough to spend the night with her boyfriend, maybe it is time for her to get her own place
    She's staying with us while she's in school.

Quote Originally Posted by DaisyLawrence View Post
    It saddens me when adults can't do as they please in the privacy of their own homes. I very much doubt if she will ask why the secrecy because she will probably assume the answer (whatever it is) could be either embarrassing for both her and you or, at the very least, non of her business. Afterall, why all the secrecy if you want to share the answer!

Daisy x
    I'm respecting my wife's feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by Yendis View Post
    I came out to my two adult daughters before my wife. They were totally accepting and even helped me find the courage to tell their Mother. The "younger generation " seems to be alot more accepting of us than we are.
    I'm sure at least one of my other kids would be accepting. But two them are gossips, so they can't know until I want everybody to know. Everyone within 6 degrees would know within 2 hours if I told either of them!!

Platinum Member
    I went through the possibilities of interruptions. Even with our kids out of the house and my wife working there is still the occasional drop ins from my son. Heck one time he even stopped in front of the house in a big dump truck. That time I was not en femme, but, could have been. My kids do have keys to the house. I've asked them to call ahead to make sure somebody is home.

The only suggestions I have for those who are grabbing at the "crumbs of time" is to minimize the mess of being en femme. Once I am dressed I put away all the other clothing. So, all that is out of my wardrobe is what I am wearing. Ever since being interrupted by telephone with a call from my daughter-in-law needing me to come over to unlock the door to her house because she locked her keys inside, I do not bother with nail polish. Heck, I thought I was good to go for a full makeup session because my wife was visiting our daughter in the mid west.

The other recommendation I have is to install a screen entry door that has a lock. A secure lock, not a cheap catch anyone can yank open. They are good for the times you want to let fresh air inside without an intruder breaking in. Those doors will keep your daughter out until you come to unlock it. If it take a little time to get to the door just say you were in the bathroom or taking a shower.

And, if someone is using nail polish and your wife is not home how do you explain the odor of nail polish remover? Or perfume?

Addicted To Lipstick donnatracey's Avatar
    Close calls? Haven't we all?.... Living alone now has eased some of the potential stress...

Hope it all works out for you, Alison!

I've had a few close calls with our grown kids but I'm lucky I live out of town and on a road that you can hear anyone approaching the house before they are standing at the door. I usually look and see if it family or someone trying to sell me something I don't want. If it's a neighbor or a salesman I just simply stay quiet till they leave, if it's family I usually act like I'm busy in the back of ot the house or not at home. I have hidden fully dressed out in my wood shop once from my son who is always borrowing tools but I was very lucky that day as i waited till he left and he never walked back to the shop area. He was in a hurry I guess and it must not have been important as he never mentioned me not being home. He didn't check the steel building to see if the boat was gone so he might have thought I was on the lake also. It helps living out in the country sometimes also and off of a main road a good distance.