Thread: 600k

That figure is the roughly the number of seconds before I'm off on a weeks fully enfemme holiday, not that I'm counting you understand.

I always plan ahead and one of my usual trips out is to the cinema. So I looked up the local venue to see what's on and this coming week, being a multiscreen cinema there's a couple of films I wouldn't mind seeing. Go forward to my week away and, just one film on offer! What?? Just this one?? Can't be! Not one I'm particularly drawn to either. And it wasn't just this cinema. Another one not that far away but a different chain was just the same.

I guess the cinema is a victim of covid, streaming and rising inflation hitting people's pockets. Can't hide I'm a little disappointed as I quite like settling down in the dark while dressed to enjoy a good film. This is the first time it's been like this in many years of me holidaying.

So I guess I'll just have to find something else to fill one of my nights. A nice little bistro could be the answer, if they're not all closed as well!
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

here's hoping that whatever you decide to do with your time during this week out will be an enjoyable time for you.

Senior Member Emily in the south's Avatar
    Not to worry Helen, you're a resourceful lady and I'm sure your planning will all work wonderfully in the end. I believe you are right, the hollywood movie business is in decline, for a number of reasons. I love the bistro idea..

So jealous, a week of feminine holidaying.. I am still coming down from my recent 4 days away.
    Have a beautiful time Helen, we all wish you a most wonderful week away.

Emily

I've pretty much got my days planned if the weather is kinder to me than the cinema. It's the evenings that can pose difficulties.

I know of places I can go to eat that are unlikely to be frequented by knuckle draggers. I don't know the pubs well enough to know which one's are safe for us. The Internet hasn't been a great deal of help there.

I will be going to hopefully meet up with a few familiar faces at a support group meeting on the Thursday evening and chat to a few from our wider community. Always a chance for me to gain further insight into the lives others lead.

I will of course be in Manchester on the Wednesday. Anther opportunity to met a familiar face and hopefully some new ones. And of course time to visit a few retail outlets and hopefully pick up something nice.

On a general note, anyone thinking of imitating my holiday and going full time for a week then two points I'd make. If as I do you go in the Autumn accommodation is cheaper, half the price or more of summer. However, as it seems in the case of the cinema, reduced visitor numbers can cause venues to close once the main season ends so things to do/see even in the day can be reduced. Thankfully the shops tend to stay open!
    Last edited by Helen_Highwater; 11-07-2022 at 06:43 AM.

Helen have a wonderful time.

Helen, as Emily said, you are resourceful and I am sure you will find what pleases you. My wife and I haven't been to a movie (cinema in your world) in years. Nothing interests us. So many are trash anymore. But I hope you find one you enjoy. I agree with you on Autumn being the time to do these kinds of trips. Please be careful though - the germs are lurking again with some unusual patterns showing up.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    What a shame u don't have weekend and week long trans events ike we do over here, Helen.

When you're out with 10 or more dressed friends, u don't have to worry about where to go. Because u can go anywhere, any time!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Hope you enjoy every one of those seconds!
    Jenn A --- nothing fancy, just me.

I'm lead to believe that there are several CD friendly bars in Manchester Village in the UK. But not helpful if you are based somewhere else.

Hi Helen, instead of the cinema are there any local.theatres with productions on?

Aspiring Member
    Hi Helen
    Whatever you do, have a good week.
    Vikky
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adventure before dementia

Quote Originally Posted by StephanieCD View Post
    I'm lead to believe that there are several CD friendly bars in Manchester Village in the UK. But not helpful if you are based somewhere else.
    Deb and I will be frequenting at least one of the pubs on Canal St for a bite to eat and the odd tipple. All are free to join us!

Quote Originally Posted by Helena View Post
    Hi Helen, instead of the cinema are there any local.theatres with productions on?
    I did look at going to the local theatre, Australian Pink Floyd are on but sold out a while ago.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

That is a shame Helen, I saw them in Sheffield a few years ago and they are very good.

No plays, even am dram? Community cinema? How far is your cottage from Llandudno, there is an event venue there?

Helena,

Yep, I've looked at that venue and nothing takes my fancy. One night I'll nip over to Betws and eat in the Royal Oak. Alway decent food in there. If the Pizzeria is still open by the station then that could be another night out as well.

I'm sure I'll find things to amuse myself.

On the Monday I plan to catch the train to Chester, bus to Chesire Oaks outlet park, large M&S there as well as their clearance store, check out all the other shops then back to Chester, and after a walk around looking at a few clothes shops there's a old pub in the town centre my spider senses says should be OK for our community so I might grab a bite in there before catching a later train home.

I'm hoping for a at least dry if not sunny day to go visit Portmeirion. Not been there for a good few years.

And I suspect at some point a quiet night in with a takeaway will seem an attractive idea!

Helen,

It still sounds a busy week and great fun and it is a shame I am not over in North Wales walking so we could meet like last time, though it would have been me and not the bloke side.

As an aside I did manage a long walking weekend entirely en femme with the same friend last autumn up in Dumfries & Galloway.

Have fun. Helena

Have a wonderful week Helen, enjoy every minute
    Your never wrong if you do the right thing

Have a wonderful time Helen. Chester is a lovely place to visit.Cheshire Oaks is great for fem shopping too.Manchester for the LGBT scene and shopping. Nothing much been on at the cinemas since the pandemic.Hence Cineworld on the brink. Our local independent cinema is closed until 2023. Maybe then things will get better.

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    That's a whole week to wait. Lots of great fun to be had before then surely?

Chester is a wonderful city. I was brought up in Merseyside. Well Lancashire and Cheshire, as it was then. There is always Blackpool just a train ride away. A truly wonderful place to visit.

Have a great time. But don't waste the next week waiting either.
    Last edited by Jane G; 11-09-2022 at 08:22 PM.

Well not one for letting the grass grow I did a little more digging and found a local theatre showing a film I like the look of.

I could stop off at the way home from Chester, break my train journey, but with it being a 19:00 start I'd be pushing it to squeeze in something to eat beforehand. So instead it's looking like the Tuesday, finding somewhere to eat first and then should be back to base by 21:30 'ish. Either that or a stroll along the sea front first and take in the sea air.

On a broader note, for anyone considering doing something similar, having an extended femme break, my advice is plan ahead. In my early trips away I winged it, played it by ear and you soon learn that it's easy to find yourself at a bit of a loss as to what to do. Having at least the bones of a plan, know the things you'd like to do, places you'd like to visit helps enormously.

I check out train and bus times. I don't want to waste time sat on a cold station or drafty bus stop. And if it's your first time, knowing these things helps with the confidence. You're more in control.

And thanks for all the good wishes. It's greatly appreciated.

Helen, Enjoy your holiday.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Sounds like it will be a good time. Of course I don?t know about you, but I find a full day of shopping en fem to be quite exhausting yet rewarding. I hope it goes well for you. Those little friendly interactions during a good day are so heart warming. It makes it worth the effort.

Sandi