Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Forgot I shaved my legs. Embarrassing

Forgot I shaved my legs. Embarrassing

This morning I get a call from my doctors office telling me that the test I did on Saturday at the hospital are not satisfactory and if I'm able to go in the afternoon to re'do it. What is a person going to say no, I left work early and rushed there.
    When I arrived there the receptionist apologized for the inconvenience and to go in and change into the dreaded hospital gown. I came out and she lead me into a room with about ten people, I didn't even sit down for one minute and they called me in. I sat in the examining room and the nurse came in, she was very bubbly and also apologized and told me they took me priority.
    The nurse was asking me questions and was turned away from me, I couldn't help and notice those not so attractive nurse shoes, and I started working my way up to notice her white pantyhosed legs and worked my way up to her rear.
    Half way up I notice something and started to focus on that spot, I noticed something lacy through the uniform and thought maybe she was wearing a slip, but after closer observation I noticed she was wearing stay-ups. Which makes cents because as a crossdresser I know stay-ups are more comfortable then pantyhose. She came up beside me to reach for the blood pressure strap and her leg rubbed against my leg and OMG her leg was smooth as silk, I looked down at my privates and said to myself please not now, I was nervous but sometimes it has a brain of its own. As I was looking down and OMG,OMG, since I was done with my test on Saturday and summer was over and I'm not planning any holidays, I forgot that I shaved my legs yesterday.OMG I didn't notice all this time, and now here iam with these shining smooth legs and now feeling uncomfortable. She leads me into the testing room and tells me to lay down, as she was walking towards me she made a "wow look at these beautiful shiny smooth legs" and then she gave them a feel and said " wow smoother then mine ". I told her luckily she's doing this test to me or I would charge her for sexual harassment. She laughted and said I could do whatever I want but they are smooth. After the test she made a comment about take good care of those gems. I was getting dressed and couldn't help but rethinking of me walking in the waiting room with all those people there and how I forgot that I shaved them. Wow! I wonder how my blood pressure was when she measured it, or how this test worked out. What an embarrassing day, wouldn't you say?

I came out and she lead me into a room with about ten people,
    Wearing the hospital gown? What kind of hospital do you go to?

The one with the your rear showing.

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maria 60 View Post
    What an embarrassing day, wouldn't you say?
    Heck, no!

And the reason I say that, is because of this...

Quote Originally Posted by Maria 60 View Post
    She leads me into the testing room and tells me to lay down, as she was walking towards me she made a "wow look at these beautiful shiny smooth legs" and then she gave them a feel and said " wow smoother then mine ". I told her luckily she's doing this test to me or I would charge her for sexual harassment. She laughted and said I could do whatever I want but they are smooth. After the test she made a comment about take good care of those gems.

(And yes, I've found that some women like to take a quick feel of a non-GG's shaved legs. Don't ask me how I know. )

Ok I won't ask

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    Does sound embarrassing, yet rather positive.
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

Hmmm. Lots of guys shave their legs these days. I have seen quite a few whilst out on my roadbike, so it is quite normal.
    I have read elsewhere that even those guys discuss how to best get rid of hair and what lotions to use after. And they admit that such discussions between guys do sound odd as well.

Where's the embaressment Nurses have seen it all before.

Its nice when you get a compliment.
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Hi Maria, My legs have been shaved smooth for the last 5 years and no one has said a word. People get used to seeing all sorts of things. BTW, I have 2 teenage granddaughters who notice EVERYTHING and never has said a word to me or looked at me funny. I'm willing to bet that the nurse made your day.

Mollyanne
    "To thine own self be true"

Hi Maria,

Nothing like making an already stressful situation worse! But overall it sounds like it turned out OK. I hope the second test went well for you.

Beth

Banned Read only
    Maria,
    I know I'm going to be caught out because I shave my legs and chest everyday. Recently I had a knee problem , something clicked inside then it began to swell with fluid , it was painful to kneel so I had it checked at a minor injury unit. Like you the nurse kept stroking my knee even after she'd checked it. Then I was sent for an X-ray and heard a low OH ! from the radiographer when he saw my shaved legs , neither of us us said anything.

I wonder if I was in their situation if I would prefer to deal with a very hairy man or a clean shaven one, I must admit when I've been for medical checks before it has raised a few smiles.

Mollyanna,
    All my family have seen my shaved legs including my three grandchildren, surprisingly my wife hasn't made an issue of it. I've mentioned this before but all the male members of my wife's side of the family had very little body hair and no one thinks it's weird .
    Last edited by Teresa; 09-27-2016 at 06:11 AM.

Platinum Member
    Hi Maria, That line, ( Said to myself not now ) I laughed so hard tears were running down my leg.

I an sure that yo wee not the first nan with smooth legs and you will not be the last......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I've kept my legs shaved for 2 years or so now. About a year ago, I was assigned a new doctor as the previous one retired. That doctor is female, and I'm comfortable with that. About 3 months ago, an old knee injury flared up more than it should. Couldn't help but think "damn knee is going to give me trouble again, better have it checked out." Wore shorts to the appointment as I normally would that time of year, doctor gave my knee a thorough examination as they normally do. No comments from her about my shaved legs, no strange looks, and she only offered medical facts about my knee.

Sorry to hear you experienced "an embarrassing day" Maria. Knowing that medical personnel have "seen it all" I would have viewed that nurse's comments as playful and played along with her. Especially if I had your legs.

Karen

Platinum Member
    Maria, I would love to be embarrassed all day like that. Maybe I'm just a dirty old man at heart, but, a woman wearing white lacy thigh high stockings, and, a nursing dress type uniform when mostly these days it's pants. A gentle touch to check out the smooth legs. A compliment. Wow!

Me? I've never been hairy. Pure genetics. However, as I have aged and acquired a diabetes what little leg hair I had disappeared. I've never had hair follicles on the back of my legs? Once my daughter asked if I shaved my legs. Nope. My legs are totally smooth. But, alas, along with age comes spider veins, so it is hosiery.

I would be more embarrassed if I had stubble. But no you shouldn't be embarrassed, as others said. It is a common thing for men to shave their legs. I know what you mean though, because our intent is not like other guys.
    .in the words of the most interesting man in the world would say...
    .stay smooth my friends.

I think that most males who were in that situation would be more embarrassed about getting an erection than they would about their legs being shaved!
    People try to put us down
    Just because we get around

A recent medical problem had me in the ER twice, and then one day at the hospital for a same day surgery. I have kept my legs and pubic hair shaved for several years.

I was in a great deal of pain and each visit to the ER was a rush to get there. I arrived in my Ladies jeans and pantys each time, also a womens scoop or V-neck t shirt.

Several examinations and 2 CT scans left much of me exposed. The nurses and doctors that treated me were nothing but professional No comments, funny looks or any thing else that made me uncomfortable.

Like was said before the hospital staff has seen it all.

PS Kidney stones suck
    Joan58

Maria,
    We often seem to forget something like that but it really doesn't matter. Your nurse was so busy that by evening she had probably forgotten about you or at least you were just a hazy memory. Early this year I was at the dermatologist's office for a skin cancer check. Usually it is just my upper body but this time he requested to look at my legs and as my shirt was already off I had to let down my pants. There I was standing in front of the doc and his nurse in my best silky panties. I decided that I would act normally and not be embarrassed and in a few minutes it was over with. Another time I went to breakfast in sandals with my painted toenails showing. As I sat in the group of people waiting to be seated I looked down and realized that they were in full view. Nobody even seemed to notice them and I just acted normally.

So don't feel embarrassed about your day as you have nothing to feel embarrassed about.

A few years ago, my doctor, a female noticed my smooth legs. She didn't say anything but raised her eyebrows. I was going to lie and say something about swimming but I just told her that I couldn't stand body hair.

Banned Read only
    A great many racing cyclists like to shave their legs. Seriously, I can hardly believe removing leg hair makes more than a microscopic difference to aerodynamics. But when the Tour de France takes so many hours to ride, I guess every second counts! At any rate one winner was quoted as saying "I know that if I ever looked down while I was on the bike and saw hairy legs I immediately felt slower!"

So if you feel embarrassed to be seen in public with shaved legs, just make sure you're wearing a bicycle helmet along with it. Then gawkers will think they understand!

It saves up to 15 watts in power according to wind tunnel testing, which is a lot. Cyclists and triathletes shell out thousands of dollars for wheels that may save 10, and I had to spend an inordinate amount of hours to bring my power up by that much last offseason. So a serious cyclist or triathlete with hairy legs is very odd and will get many comments/odd looks at races. They are thought to either not be serious, or if they are good and have hairy legs they are thought a show off, as in, I can beat you even without the aero advantage of shaving.

That being said, if someone asks me why I shave my legs, I just say, "because I want to." It's not their business. Plus, the aerodynamic advantage is only half of the reason I do it, the other half is for hosiery.

All legs look better shaved. Be proud and show off dem gams

As I am a nurse, I can verify that we have seen it all!! She was playing with you and was teasing, it generally helps the patient relax! Mine are not right now but Shaved legs rule!! IMHO Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Just can't help myself! Brenda456's Avatar
    To me, it sounds like fun.

The last six months I had heart surgery and once a week for 3 months, my doctor/nurse run an EKG test. My chest is always cleaned shaved and so it my legs. I ddn't feel embarrassed or ashamed. And neither the doctor nor nurse paid much attention. Not even an raised eyebrow.