Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Class and Status

Wink Class and Status

My Class and social status allows me to wander through life as a crossdresser,
    which I'm quite happy to be in 50/50 mode daily.
    So, I can be waxed polished and all frocked up in my high class community, I'm extravagant / Flambouyant .

So, when I travel to and shop in a low class area my experience is not so pleasant, I'm viewed differently!

So, does my class and status make a difference?

I'm glad to be home,

Stacy
    Last edited by Stacy Darling; 07-14-2017 at 09:19 AM.
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

Aspiring Member
    My thought is that more intelligent people are (usually but not always and this is in general) more accepting of differences such as CDing, bdsm, etc.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Lets just say in my home city of Manchester there are areas I most definitely would avoid. Been in the city center several times, never a problem.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    Stacey, it's hard to tell from what you wrote how you were dressed for your trip to the "low class" part of town. Were you dressed to the max or just being one of the girls? That can make a significant difference in how you are seen and eventually treated. My experience has been it's best to dress for my age, size and occasion. If I went to the farmer's market, rather than the opera, in pearls, heels and a fancy gown I'd be begging to be treated differently from the women there in pants or simple cotton skirts and tops. I've shopped in high end stores and corner quick stops, but I try to present in ways that fit the tone of the venue.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Hard to describe how I dress Sarah!
    I probably dress over the top for breakfast!
    Be nice if that didn't matter though!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    You are one of those that has said you like to be seen so you got your wish.
    A lot has to do with how you treat others. Going in with a huge ego and think you are better than they are yeah I can see them not liking you.
    No matter how classy you think you are there are always a class above you that think you are no more that a bottom feeder

Nice, Trac,
    Tea and Scones next week?
    Subtle Stacy!
    Last edited by Lorileah; 07-15-2017 at 12:04 AM. Reason: no need to quote post above yours

Reality Check
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    ................. No matter how classy you think you are there are always a class above you that think you are no more that a bottom feeder
    Well, that's the truth.

Stacy, are you dressing for the occasion, the time of day and the place you are going? Heels and pearls might be fine in Macy's but not in Wal-Mart. Look around you and see if you fit in. If not, that's something for you to work on.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Stacy I was speaking in general how people are I wasn't saying "you "personally were a bottom feeder.
    Maybe I should have worded it a little different.
    You dress flashy and I have no problem with that at all. Dress however you wish.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 07-14-2017 at 01:59 PM.

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    I think your perception of what constitutes class and social status may be a little skewed Stacy.

The truth is that prejudice and bigotry exists in all social classes. You're just more likely to hear it loudly expressed in 'low class areas'.
    I used to have a short attention spa

Platinum Member
    The term class is a bit subjective. I would probably differentiate between safe and unsafe (as in prone to gangs, drug use, solicitation and homelessness). I've been out in pretty up-scale shopping areas and what might realistically be seen as grungy neighborhood bars....but if the people are friendly, I've felt equally at home. In both settings I've encountered the usual array of reactions, but never any overt hostility.

Banned Read only
    Stacy,
    I've never considered my class or status, as a self employed photographer I had to fit in with a wide range of people , I'm just me and accepted for it and that's the way it is when dressed.

Yes I have been in some tricky situations, especially when photographing a wedding in iffy surroundings but it's often the case that we should never read a book by it's cover. Maybe we're not a safe as we think we should be in surroundings we feel we fit best in.

Well if you keep calling them "low class" areas no wonder they give you looks! Do you suppose those people get the same looks in your spoiled-and-entitled-rich-kid neighborhood?

Wow. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black!!???!! Some people just think their's doesn't stink.
    Jon

Well La-De-Frigging-Da!

As a simple middle class, tax paying peasant, I may be speaking above my station, but perhaps "Milady" should stick to her 'high class' neighbourhood where she can look down her nose at the rest of the world. I have two words for you.... they sound like "truck Blue". Have a nice life
    Last edited by Lorileah; 07-15-2017 at 12:06 AM. Reason: no need to quote OP
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

Stacy, sincerely, your attitude is what makes a difference! If you treat the CEO and the janitor the same then you have a good attitude! If not, well... Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

I've got friends in high places, I've got friends in low places and I kinda sorta fit in at both. I'm not out though and both high n low would be very schocked if I came out especially here in West Texas. My profession allowed me to make friends from the top of the chain to the bottom.
    Lana is so right a persons attitude is the secret to getting along in life. Dressed or undressed attitude plays an important part of acceptance.

So, does my class and status make a difference?

Probably not nearly as much as your attitude...
    The most common form of despair is not being who you are. - Soren Kierkegaard

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Yeah. What Erin said!

"BOOM!"
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Pirate Queen wannabe Maria Blackwood's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Micki_Finn View Post
    Well if you keep calling them "low class" areas no wonder they give you looks! Do you suppose those people get the same looks in your spoiled-and-entitled-rich-kid neighborhood?
    ... how would they kniw she called them that?

Hmmm...seems to me that not too long ago, a certain U.S. Presidential candidate referred to a large number of the then-uncommitted electorate (particularly in more rural, "blue collar", and less urbane/"sophisticated" parts of the country) as a "basket of deplorables".

Look how well that worked out for her, Princess Stacy...

Oh, and then there's Marie Antoinette of "Let them eat cake!" fame. Hard to keep one's head screwed on straight after making ignorant and insensitive comments like that.

OK kids, lets keep this as civil as possible. Something about glass and rocks and throwing.

In other words, quit insulting each other
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

So after thinking that it takes all of us to make the world go around, then thinking that sharing the honest opinion of what does occur in my life!

Now what was it that I was thinking?

I'm an honest person and shall continue to share my thoughts, hopefully we can all learn from each other!

Not so popular Stacy!

Well I certainly learned something from this thread.......
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Don't worry, Stacy honey. We love you.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!