Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Female style leggings are finally being made for men! - and I love them!

Female style leggings are finally being made for men! - and I love them!

Been lurking here for years. Firmly in the closet - but thank fully the closet is getting a lot bigger. Thought I would share something that others would enjoy - especially for those who can't go out in fem clothes....

I always hoped in my life - that I would see the clothing options between genders break down. In the Uk we are starting to see this happen to an extent. It finally happened - and we are seeing companies make female style - leggings but for guys.

Men’s leggings have always been really tough and course and not soft at all. One of the guys in our local running club has started wearing running tights by a company called sundried.com.

I bought a pair for myself and my cousin who runs with me and they are incredible and so soft to wear. I compared them to one of the girls running leggings and they were the same - in fact mine were softer and she wanted a pair too ! I wore them for a run outside and they were so comfortable that I pretty much forgot they were there ( unless I looked down at my legs)
    . We all even went out for coffee afterwards - and it was so nice being with a group of people - and me wearing the same leggings at the girls - it made me feel so feminine - and it is a really special memory that I plan to repeat. I spent the rest of the day in them. I can totally see why women wear them everywhere!

Here is a link to these incredible leggings - which I hope you will all support - and make popular so that they continue to make them. ( they have just been removed from their website for some reason!) https://www.amazon.co.uk/Performance.../dp/B06XVSL1LF

So for all of you out there - take up running, cycling or yoga and pick yourself up a pair of these! It feels great to be at a forefront of a revolution on what people can wear what they want and I hope you all support those by tweeting and sharing these sorts of products and saying how good Mens leggings / running tights are.

I plan on writing a review at some stage in next month once I have worn them a month

I run in men’s compression tights everyday, and I love them too. Just bought some men’s yoga pants (skin tight) for yoga as well. Its one of my daily things I do to make myself feel more feminine.

You may find that high rise leggings are most comfortable...with the high waist,they stay up...

Katrina,
    Where did you get your yoga pants?
    Riley

For me, it's gott'a be made for women for me to wear it.

Just a fetish I have. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Funny thing is if we were talking about panties made for men I would be totally agreeing with Beverley but these leggings look pretty good.
    Crissy

Quote Originally Posted by KatrinaK View Post
    I run in men’s compression tights everyday, and I love them too. Just bought some men’s yoga pants (skin tight) for yoga as well. Its one of my daily things I do to make myself feel more feminine.
    "Zactly!" I love my compression tights--under armour is my fave brand, but I also have some made by reebok and nike
    WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies, projects, or any other purpose - YOU DO NOT HAVE MY PERMISSION To Use Any Of My Profile Or Pictures In Any Form Or Forum Both Current And Future.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaytojillian/

Sorry, if they ain't pretty, the men can keep them.
    Besides, apart from a pouch, they look the same as the boring black females.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

I've been doing yoga for over 10 years now, and I still try to go 3 times a week. About 2 years ago, I got my first pair of women's yoga leggings, and started wearing them at yoga classes. I got such a positive response from the other GG students and the GG instructors that I kept buying more leggings and wearing them to class. I must have about 2 dozen by now, and I usually pair my leggings with tank tops or racerback tops. I don't go for the black ones. All of mine are floral, tribal, color blocked or otherwise in multiple colors. Many times, I an the most feminine student in class.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Aspiring Member
    I buy women's leggings from Primark. They're not "compression" - just regular leggings, but I don't really know the benefits of compression ones.
    Anyway, they fit really well and even come in extra long for taller people.
    They are really soft, but hard wearing too.
    The best bit for me is that they are only £2.50 a pair.

Banned Read only
    I don't get the point at all. Just buy women's leggings. If you're worried that people will recognize them as women's leggings why would you buy "female style" leggings made for men? People would think those are women's leggings anyway so you should have just bought...women's leggings!

The market is already flooded with too many companies making leggings so you should just buy from a company that has specialized in making them for a while. In fact a company called Werkshop who makes high quality leggings consider all of their full length ones to be unisex:
    https://www.werkshop.com/pages/size_guide

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahlove View Post
    ...It finally happened - and we are seeing companies make female style - leggings but for guys...
    Which may or may not be a good thing generally, but with this kind of thing and each to their own, if I want female style leggings, then I want female leggings. I have no great interest in wearing a kilt for the same reason.

I have been wearing running tights for years. Because of my smallish frame I wear women, mostly lullemon. I have a few other brands also. They are soft, comfortable, and provide great support. The women at my gym always compliment me on my choice. I really don't think there is much difference between mens and womens.

Lightinthebox.com Flare leg Yoga pants!

Not so durable, yet like a glove with a flared lower calf, very revealing though!!!
    Stacy!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

Hi Kayla . I wasn’t expecting my post to be controversial but I guess that some people are saying why not just wear women’s leggings which is a point but won’t help to further our cause. Having a source like this on amazon means that those of us with partners can also purchase without letting it slip as the advert says they are designed for men ( and are engineered for men too )

If we just wear women’s leggings then we will just be rolled into an already massive market and things won’t change.

On the other hand if we support, buy and give good reviews to those products and stores that are making these things - then the benefit would be that we we see them promote these products and more importantly invest in making quality versions. There are a lot of us lurking out there in the world and very few opportunities to actually let our voice be heard.

Thanks for commenting on this !

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Your "cause", sara, not mine! Leggings aren't my fetish. So, I could care less who does or doesn't wear them!

Let me know when they start offering therm in pink, yellow, red, and Easter green! Otherwise, what's the point?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by HollyGreene View Post
    I buy women's leggings from Primark. They're not "compression" - just regular leggings, but I don't really know the benefits of compression ones.
    Anyway, they fit really well and even come in extra long for taller people.
    They are really soft, but hard wearing too.
    The best bit for me is that they are only £2.50 a pair.
    Holly I am with you on that sister. I buy all my leggings from the same place and wear them around the house. The extra long are great as I am 6' 2"

Quote Originally Posted by Rileyaz View Post
    Katrina,
    Where did you get your yoga pants?
    Riley
    aloyoga.com and onzie.com

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

If you're actually doing yoga in them or running or working out in them, the mens ones accommodate a slightly more discreet groin area with an extra lining. Otherwise you can see everything. I don't think tucking and doing yoga go well together (unless you really want to hurt yourself)

Yoga pants actually serve a purpose beyond a fashion statement.

Quote Originally Posted by kayla_bayarea View Post
    I don't get the point at all. Just buy women's leggings. If you're worried that people will recognize them as women's leggings why would you buy "female style" leggings made for men? People would think those are women's leggings anyway so you should have just bought...women's leggings!

The market is already flooded with too many companies making leggings so you should just buy from a company that has specialized in making them for a while. In fact a company called Werkshop who makes high quality leggings consider all of their full length ones to be unisex:
    https://www.werkshop.com/pages/size_guide

Quote Originally Posted by KatrinaK View Post
    aloyoga.com and onzie.com

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

If you're actually doing yoga in them or running or working out in them, the mens ones accommodate a slightly more discreet groin area with an extra lining. Otherwise you can see everything. I don't think tucking and doing yoga go well together (unless you really want to hurt yourself)

Yoga pants actually serve a purpose beyond a fashion statement.
    I completely agree - I think it makes a big difference, it was quite strange to wear them for the first time out - but after I was used to them more - I really noticed a great improvement in my ability to run. Can't wait to try them out for yoga.

I buy most of my yoga pants locally: Kohl's, Macy's, Marshall's, Target, Sports Authority (before they went out of business), Sears, and, ebay, of course.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Amen. Finally I am able to do that as well.

Banned Read only
    The look like spandex cycling leggings that have been around for decades, what's the big deal?

No.

I liked to wear leggings because they were so feminine.

I may have to stop wearing them now. It’s not fun if everybody can wear them.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahlove View Post
    Hi Kayla . I wasn’t expecting my post to be controversial but I guess that some people are saying why not just wear women’s leggings which is a point but won’t help to further our cause. Having a source like this on amazon means that those of us with partners can also purchase without letting it slip as the advert says they are designed for men ( and are engineered for men too )

If we just wear women’s leggings then we will just be rolled into an already massive market and things won’t change.

On the other hand if we support, buy and give good reviews to those products and stores that are making these things - then the benefit would be that we we see them promote these products and more importantly invest in making quality versions. There are a lot of us lurking out there in the world and very few opportunities to actually let our voice be heard.

Thanks for commenting on this !
    Sarah, I'm just confused why you feel those leggings are at all significant? If they are designed with male anatomy in mind then how are "female style"? Maybe if you explained what you mean by female style?? Those just look like generic tights that men have been wearing for many years. Like I mentioned earlier, companies have already been making leggings that they market as unisex.

Like Katrina mentioned, I buy my leggings for actual fit and function. I don't buy the crappy versions made by fashion brands but instead by ones that are designed with female athletes in mind. These brands include Alala, Michi, Koral, Lucas Hugh, Beyond Yoga, and some other ones I have. I don't buy Lululemon anymore because they just manufacture in whatever factory is the absolute cheapest (they actually used to be made in Vancouver).

Again, I am really perplexed by the cause you are taking up. The leggings you linked to do not have mesh cutouts, feminine prints, or otherwise anything feminine to them. I just do not follow your logic at all about being lumped into the mass market. Oh well, just enjoy them.

Reality Check
    Why not just women's leggings? What's the difference?
    Krisi