Thread: Catch 22, and romanticide...

sunny with a high of 75!

Catch 22, and romanticide...

Hi all! Just wondering if others are experiencing a similar conundrum...

The less physical affection I get from my SO the more I want to dress up. The more I dress up the less physical affection she's interested in giving.

Anyone else have this problem? That's the catch 22.

Her affection doesn't make me want to dress more or less.... and she doesn't want me to dress... period.... but is very happy to not want to know.....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Yep, I have to agree....

with Karren on this one, however I may have gone thru that situation twenty years ago, but I'm getting so old I can't remember that far back!

Suzanne
    Transtronaut

You must first find yourself before you can discover your future-

you need to talk to your SO and find out what is going on in her head, you have not given us enough information for us to even begin to have a clue what is going on in your relationship, but something surely is
    I allow myself to set healthy boundaries ..... to say no to what does not align with my values, to say yes to what does.
    Boundaries assist me to remain healthy, honest and living a life that is true to me

Quote Originally Posted by txrobinm View Post
    The less physical affection I get from my SO the more I want to dress up. The more I dress up the less physical affection she's interested in giving..
    The firsrt, ... less physical = more dressing, I get it... a need to have some feeling of closeness, even if it's only dressing, ... problem is, this leads to the second half, more dressing = less physical

Looks like a bad downward spiral happening, time to figure a way off the merry-go-round.
    Best way..... talk, then talk some more, ... when you get done with that, talk some more again.
    Lead me NOT into temptation
    (I can find my own way)
    I HAVE WALKED THAT MILE IN HER HEELS
    CURTSY to all BOW to [SIZE="3"]NONE[/SIZE]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...6284/event.png

Banned Read only
    I've somewhat experienced that with my wife. I've realized recently that I enjoy very much dressing up and pleasuring myself, or looking at pics of myself dressed up and pleasuring myself. My sex life with my wife definitely suffered as a result, so I'm trying to scale back on it a little bit. It's worked so far, too, I'm happy to report.

Aspiring Member

Huh?

I'm not sure I even understand the question.

But, maybe I understand that my attractiveness to her as a sexual partner rests more on my presence in her life as a supportive, caring, helpful, loving partner regardless of what I'm wearing.

She loves me and desires me if I've spent the day in Tuxedo making James Bond look like an "also-ran," or, if I've spent the day mucking about in the basement killing spiders while wearing tattered jeans and a stained t-shirt.

I have my diversions and she notices them, but she never doubts - or, has reason to doubt - that my primary focus and priority in our life together is her safety and happiness.

Wink Read the comments on this thread

The less physical affection I get from my SO the more I want to dress up. The more I dress up the less physical affection she's interested in giving.

Anyone else have this problem? That's the catch 22.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danielle76 View Post
    I've somewhat experienced that with my wife. I've realized recently that I enjoy very much dressing up and pleasuring myself, or looking at pics of myself dressed up and pleasuring myself. My sex life with my wife definitely suffered as a result, so I'm trying to scale back on it a little bit. It's worked so far, too, I'm happy to report.
    This is exactly why I began this thread a few weeks ago: http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=123531

It's so easy to become self absorbed when you're all dressed up and looking sexy. Luckily for me, my SO doesn't get turned off by me when I'm dressed up because that's most of the time now.
    Lucky to be a girl 95.33% of the time

That's the catch 22. Anyone else have this problem?
    Yes, dressing is very much this Catch-22 for me. I started wearing women’s clothes frequently because 1) they were more functional than those in the men’s department, and 2) my sex life was nill, and my wife doesn’t want to dress like I think a girl should. (E.g. she has a unisex hairdo, takes off her bra when she gets home, doesn’t wear makeup, and has no skirts or sexy lingerie.) I would day her wardrobe is masculine, but she said HELL NO when I suggested wearing her pull-on pants and panties. I persisted though, and she now tolerates my wearing uncovered pantyhose and a slip at home in the evening and my underdressing at other times. I fact, she has bought many of my femme clothes and, of course, they are not hidden. She doesn’t want me to impersonate a female now so no bra, makeup, earrings. I want to enlarge my breasts to a B, so I will need to wear a bra full-time and I want to go all-the-way on a trip and appear in public en femme, adopt feminine mannerisms, and use a ladies restroom with her.
    Last edited by sfwarbonnet; 03-26-2010 at 02:21 PM.