Thread: Gone through a few changes

Gone through a few changes

I've gone through a few changes over the last month. Change is good right?
    274803211_543325767004419_3603456352173121475_n.jpg
    Bought a new dress to celebrate.
    I don't wear dresses that often. Mostly wear my scrubs for work.
    I facetimed with my daughter to get her opinion. She loved it!
    She hooked me up with a friend of hers to chat with. Someone that is close to my age. We share similar characteristics.
    She's a very lovely African American Woman that is helping with make-up tips for darker skin tones.
    No. I'm not changing race. Haven't I got enough problems without adding racial dysphoria to the mix.
    I just got a really deep brown tan. And I'm embracing it. The change in skin tone is amazing. I never realize how pale skinned I was.
    Hopefully you approve of the new look.
    CANCER IS A BITCH SO YOU HAVE TO BE MORE OF A BITCH TO BEAT IT.

I've no idea your old look as I'm too new here. That said, your new look is great. If I ever come out to my daughter, it would be wonderful if she were as supportive as your daughter must be. Good for her and good for you.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

My daughter is something else. She'd make a great therapist. I confide everything to her.
    I must admit I've been mistaken for a black woman on several occasions.
    Recently while trying to purchase cigarettes at a convivence store. The cashier asked for my ID and without thinking I handed it to her.
    She looked at the picture and it didn't match the person standing in front of her.
    She called the manager over. She refused the sale and accused me of stealing the ID and credit card. She was going to call the police but didn't.
    She confiscated my ID and credit card. She called a racial slur and told me to leave the store and not come back. That hurt. It made me feel less than human.
    I couldn't report her.
    I went home and used makeup to lighten my skin tone to look Caucasian and put on a blond wig. I went back and retrieved my ID and credit card.
    I need to get my ID updated so that doesn't happen again.
    I told a friend of mine from work about what happened. She was pissed! She said " They're lucky I wasn't there. I would have told her off." I'm glad she wasn't.
    That for sure would have involved the police. And I couldn't handle that.
    Last edited by dawnmarrie1961; 03-14-2022 at 07:41 PM.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Do u mean you've changed races, DM?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I think your look is nice and appropriate, but mainly if it is what you like, that is what matters. Fitting the social standards is not all that wise, especially if you don't care for the "normal." It can really increase dysphoria in some people.

docrobbysherry and GretchenM, I believe that I already stated that "No. I'm not changing race."
    I use the same philosophy that has served me so well over the years. "You are not something simply because you say you are. " To believe otherwise is delusional.
    A person suffering from delusions needs to seek help from a mental health professional.
    Attachment 327386
    I'M NOT DELUSIONAL. Fer reals.
    Last edited by char GG; 03-17-2022 at 05:44 AM. Reason: Two pictures in three days

Banned Read only
    There was once a shark in the ocean, a man on skis, and a powerboat.

Quote Originally Posted by MonicaPVD View Post
    There was once a shark in the ocean, a man on skis, and a powerboat.

What's this? A parable? Some secret meaning to it? Like don't go water skiing in the ocean with sharks. Stay safe in the powerboat.
    Life can get kind of boring that way.
    Last edited by DAVIDA; 03-19-2022 at 03:18 AM. Reason: Therer is no need to quote the post right before yours.

Banned Read only
    Am I seeing things or are you wearing wigs that are clearly reflective of Black hair texture and styling? If so, then you have officially jumped the shark.

Think for a moment about where you are speaking from. Sharks are being jumped here in a regular basis. Mine is a Mako shark named "Bruce".
    The previous picture was one of me at the health care facility where I work. My coworkers, whom are mostly from South Africa, complimented me on my attire.
    Last edited by DAVIDA; 03-18-2022 at 03:32 AM. Reason: There is no need to quote the post right before yours.

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    Do u mean you've changed races, DM?
    She looks human to me.

Yes I am
    Last edited by DAVIDA; 03-18-2022 at 03:34 AM. Reason: There is no need to quote the post right before yours. Please stop doing this.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbiKay View Post
    She looks human to me.
    Thanks for correcting me, BobbiKay.
    I meant ethnicities!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Answer: No. I'm not changing ethnicities. Just the color of my skin. I'd do purple but I'd get mistaken for "Barney", the dinosaur. So I'm going for deep brown to black.
    brown.jpg
    Last edited by dawnmarrie1961; 03-18-2022 at 04:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dawnmarrie1961 View Post
    Yes I am

Dawn - From the second picture you posted, I would guess your ethnicity is Central or South American. Either way, you don't have to defend your ethnicity here. I agree with your daughter that the dress you first posted is fantastic. You may have realized "how pale skinned" you are but like my wife, who is from Spain, get some sun and get that wonderful, natural tan back!!! Lovely!!!!

Any way, Dawn, you are very pretty! You do you! You are the one you must satisfy in the end! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

You look great Dawn. Its all about how you feel. The smile on your photos says it all.