Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Did something happen to make you cross dress or was it natural

O-Natural!

It just came natural for me. At a very early age, I took some of my mother's lingerie and wore them when I was alone in the house.

It was simply a natural thing to do.
    One day I tried on my mom's panties and that was that. I knew then that this was something deep inside me that needed expression.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Another natural girl here. But I do enjoy the stories where aliens made us crossdress.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

Aspiring Member
    Natural and curiousity.

When I was around 5, I would go home after school (latch key kid, don't see those anymore ! ). I would watch tv until my parents came home from work, usually 30-40 min. My mom would hang her panties in the bathroom, and out of curiousity I would feel them and noticed that they were much softer and smoother than my underwear. Eventually I tried them on, and the rest was history.

For me, well I'm a DES kid and as long as I can remember I switched from male to female. As a kid growing up there was no way to explain it to parents or anybody else. Cause your a boy period and THEN A MAN PERIOD. Well it took me time to find out what I was. In the mean time when I was female I would crossdress. That came about naturally. My high male female switches caused me to go through a lot of women. I'm pretty amazed that I have one now that tries to let me be me.
    Part Time Girl

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar
    My cross dressing was a conscious decision I made somewhere around 20 years old. Before then I had never dressed in women's clothes (well there was the one jean jacket I took from my sister when I was in middle school.) My gender variances were behavior and choices related and have been present as long back as I can track. There was never anything that caused any of them, they were just things I liked.

Natural I would guess. Around the age of five I found a bag of girls clothing in an unused closet. I'll never know why but for whatever reason I was drawn to a little blue cotton dress. After trying it on I was hooked. Have been wearing dresses ever since. They just feel right.

Albuquerque, NM (SE of there in mountain foothills)
    Came to me naturally. Never was a macho boy or man and have explored my feminine side since a teen. While not full-time, I now dress very often. My favorite time.

Totally natural. As a child I always wanted to have pretty dresses like all the other girls.

I never dressed fully until my mid 20s. Up til then all I ever was interested in was wearing pantyhose, which I had snuck and worn since as far back as I can remember. One day I thought I'd try going all the way with pantyhose and one of my girlfriends dresses and the rest was history. The feeling of nylons on lace and nylons in strappy stilettos was/is the most wonderful feeling ever.

If it was just natural, why did we first do it behind a closed and locked door?

Some of us didn't do it first behind a closed and locked door. I for one first dressed at Halloween, and thought of it as nothing more than a costume. A year later, I did it again, but this time, I discovered something was "different." It wasn't until my mom suggested nicely that it would be best that I didn't do it again, that I started dressing behind closed doors.

Karen

must be natural for me too. my problems stem from dressing as a guy!
    paula

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleScott View Post
    I'm going to say yes and no to it being natural. Yes, because there are sexual energies involved for some and no because if it was natural, we'd be wearing women's clothing from the get go.

I think what happens is the sexual energy eventually becomes an attachment. Even when the sex drive starts to die off from CDing, it's almost like you're married to it. There was great sex in the beginning, but after the sexual aspect of the relationship dies off, there's still love there.

Fetishes, no matter what they seem to be, can take on a life of their own. It seems to be a common theme among the ABDL/CDing/Sissy communities. I've also read about CDing being a behavioral addiction when there are sexual components involved and like any addiction, it can be broken, but it'll be extremely hard and you'll always want to come back. Well, it won't kill you, and you eventually learn to live without it. The question is, why quit? I guess if something takes up a huge chunk of your time and energy it's time to drop it, but otherwise?
    Last edited by mikeyp; 10-16-2015 at 04:08 PM.

I'd say it was natural for me. Can't remember the exact moment, but I think it was when I saw my grandmother watching Gone With The Wind and the dresses in that movie caught my eye. Then I started looking at the southern belle style dresses online when I got the internet. Eventually, I was able to get myself a dress ordered one halloween while I was still in HS. When I got it and tried it all on for the first time, I knew it was just right.

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleScott View Post
    Yeah, nope. Not me. I really don't fit many of your theories. Interesting how you like to group all of us together. We aren't all like you.

Natural pretty much. While I now look back at my early childhood I see there were things about me that was evident of what was to come, I did not consciously recognize it. My 1st real moment came in a bar- I was 17 at the time, in between my junior and senior year in HS. I had had a few beers, but wasn't wasted. I saw this college girl, and at 1st it was sort of an attraction kinda thing, like any other girl I had ever been attracted to up to that time. Well, slightly drunk me decided to get closer to her. But as I did, suddenly a weird sensation of wanting to be her instead of wanting to be with her took over me. Scared me to no end. I blamed it on the alcohol, and went home.

When school started again in the fall, the feelings began happening again. I tried and tried to shake them off. I remember one time at a pep rally, and suddenly wishing I was a cheerleader. All the other guys wanted to be with one, I wanted to be one!. I never acted on any of it though, until just after I got out of the air force. My 1st time wearing a girls clothes I was seeing and living with her at the time. Scared, excited, repulsed, confused. All felt simultaneously. Over the years, on a few occasions, I found a way to wear women's clothes, but mostly just went to war against my feminine side, repressing it as much as I could.

Then, in late 2012, had recently remarried, I gave up the fight. I found myself dressing in my wife's clothes more and more. I knew eventually I would get caught one way or another. I was feeling horribly guilty for living a lie and sneeking behind her back wearing her clothes. By then, I had discovered I was not the only male who liked to wear women's clothes yet still attracted to women. I had become convinced.... ok, more convinced that I was not some freak, and I was not a sick psycho. I wasn't hurting anyone. I tried easing into it with my wife, sort of droping hints, but she really wasn't picking up on it all that much. Well, one comment too far and the convo started.

It is natural- I have always had feminine tendencies now that I look back at my early childhood. Because I had no sisters and not the best relationship with my mother, never bonded well with her, I believe I did not experience what many do earlier. Had I had sisters or a better relationship with my mother I believe it would have happened sooner.
    Last edited by Tina_gm; 10-16-2015 at 05:18 PM.
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

Yes, something happened, I was raised as a girl until my 10th birthday.

Quote Originally Posted by Dana44 View Post
    For me, well I'm a DES kid and as long as I can remember I switched from male to female. As a kid growing up there was no way to explain it to parents or anybody else. Cause you are a boy, period and THEN A MAN, PERIOD. Well it took me time to find out what I was. In the mean time when I was female I would crossdress. That came about naturally. My high male female switches caused me to go through a lot of women. I'm pretty amazed that I have one now that tries to let me be me.
    Thank you for your honesty and openness, Dana. Because for some of us, including you and I, there "could" be a medical quotient that is not often realized or acknowledged.

Add to it that my mother dressed and raised me as a girl until I started school (which I have discussed in a previous post, check my activity if you want to read it). All the family photos of me in my first five or so years are as a girl, though I did not realize that until much later. As far back as I remember I always wanted to be a girl, and wear girl clothes. I was not allowed to do so (openly) after I "became a boy".

And like Stephanie, my mother washed and hung her slips and panties on a rack in the bathroom, and I remember seeing, and touching, them, and wondering why boys could not wear such nice things. All we got was ugly, uncomfortable, heavy, scratchy cotton underwear. Drab jeans and dark flannel shirts instead of pretty dresses, skirts and tops.

After I "became a boy" I was taught that boys wear and do "these" things, and girls wear and do "those" things, and you don't mix them. I did, but it was always a struggle. It would have been nice if my folks had "come clean" ("come out"?) and told me the whole story earlier, so I would not have had the struggle I have had to "fill in the story". In recent years I learned that it was causing me great stress to continue to fight against wearing what I like, what I am drawn to, what is comfortable for me, and allowing myself to be who I feel I am. Doctors say stress is one of the main causes of many health risks (among them obesity, high blood pressure and heart issues), and I am definitely less stressed now than I was five or more years ago.

But back to the question - yes, there were "events" in my life that started this, but also it "came naturally". But either way, that does not mean it has not been a struggle at times.

Nancy

ladies thank you for all the replies having read all the replies it seems the consensis is we are all natural. So if questioned about your dressing when dressed just tell them its natural.

Thank You

Julie

Banned Read only
    Julie,
    Every time a thread like this appears, I always feel the odd one out ! I posed the question in a thread a while ago asking if others had the inner feelings I described and from an early age.
    Perhaps Mikeyp goes some way to answering the question !
    To help with my counselling I made a gender chart to try and place myself on the gender line, I realised when I completed it that to make sense of the various stages I needed to write down how it started for me. I also described the long term dreams I was having at the time , I never fully understood them so I asked my counsellor her thoughts on them. She said it was an inner conflict between my male side and female sides, my male side just predominates buy it's a lose run thing.

I think the best thing I can do is start a new thread containing how it all started and describe the associated dreams.

It came quite natural for me. I always knew I was not one of the boys, hated sports and all that stuff I was supposed to like. When into my teens, all came together, though quite frightfully. Reaching privately for all my mother's and sister's things took me to another place, a place where I finally felt at peace with who I was. Maddening that such contentment also found me in a world of fear that I'd be caught, ridiculed...
    When lost, alone, or blue I know I can always get through the day, for I've always another shade of lipstick to make things right!

It was natural to me too, I liked to play sports a lot and boys things but there as always been the girl side there too. I first tried my Mothers clothes at the age of 8 and never looked back.

Since day 1 always loved girls clothes , be with me till i check out as well