Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Are you pretty?

Formerly Deborah Whitney
    Big people can be beautiful, too. Just sayin'.

As for me .. I have long ago accepted that I am not "pretty", that who I see in the mirror isn't the same person that others see. I've learned, though, to work with what I've got (not saying I do a great job of it). I see a lot of gals on here that say they're not pretty, and of course their profile pics tell an entirely different story .. now I know pictures can lie, but still, not one of you is unattractive.

When I look in the mirror I see Marilyn Monroe looking back at me. And, I couldn't care in the slightest when others look at me they see Alice Cooper :-) Hugs, Michelle

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    Nice people will look at me and tell me I'm pretty when I get all made up and properly decorated with shapers, clothing and accessories. They may go as far as telling me that I 'sort of' pass. I look at the photos and mirrors and understand it's an Einsteinien relativity kind of pretty. Compared to my guy mode, yep I'm pretty. Compared to most women, I'm not so much and with any attention don't fool anybody into believing I'm female. I can pick out a half dozen photos where I look feminine and maybe even pretty, but that's out of a thousand others.

Given that, I go for the best I can do and try to feel the best I can.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

No I don't think I am pretty in the true sense of a woman. But hey, I' am a man genetically, so I'm not what you would call pretty. When I do photoshoots, I pick and chose for the right picture. I try to find the prettiest one. But out and about I'm sure I don't fill the bill as pretty. I really don't care. I think I can be pretty on the inside, and that has to count for something. Daviolin
    [SIZE="6"]
    [/SIZE]
    A CD AND HIS WARDROBE, ITS A BEAUTIFUL THING.

Board-Certified Shaman LaSirenaBella's Avatar
    Is it important to me? I'd be lying if I said it wasn't. Being pretty helps me navigate in the world.

For what and who I am, I think I am. But also, beauty also comes from within: the confidence, a sense of dignity and elegance, even if I'm presenting casual. I guess it also helps that my maternal genes age on the slower side.
    Sirena Rivera
    "Because when you stop and look around, this life is pretty amazing." - Theodor S. Geisel

I am pretty. Not because anyone said so, not because I'm fooling anyone, not because of how I look.

I am pretty because I am me when dressed, some one who likes presenting myself in this fashion and makes an effort to do so with some class and dignity and am open and honest with those I come in contact with. No way I could smile as much as I do if I weren't. There are many definitions of pretty, am I a pretty woman? Heck no. Am I a pretty man? Certainly not. Am I a pretty CD? I'd like to think so.

We all just have to love ourselves and we all deserve to be happy, pretty.
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

I am like Krisi, on this one, not so much pretty, as dressing classy, and a bit attractive, at best.

Well, I do try to be pretty! But these days it takes so much more time than when I was younger, back when I had long hair, youthful skin, when just a filled bra, a little mascara and a few strokes of lipstick did the trick. Now it takes hours!!! Of course, I do love working towards my best and thinking I can still look pretty good if I put in the time. Regardless, I'm still a far more attractive as a woman than I am as a man.

Always loved and can so relate to what Michelle Pfeiffer once said when asked for her best beauty tip: "Good lighting."
    When lost, alone, or blue I know I can always get through the day, for I've always another shade of lipstick to make things right!

Aspiring Member
    Nope. Homely as a mud fence, as my Dad used to say. Both modes--homme and femme. But the clothes look and feel awesome!

I am beautiful. I might not be perfect inside and out but I do say I am beautiful.

"Pretty" was never what I was going for. "Sexy" was my goal. After years of practice, I achieved it--not just for my own eyes at home, but also for some limited exposure outdoors. And it was thrilling. Those days are gone now, but I still have my memories and my fantasies. And those are good.

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    I like to think I am.

Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

Aspiring Member Dana does shopping's Avatar
    An opinion for another to formulate ...Dana Sixties.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    not every woman is pretty, petite or young.
    Well, being pretty is something that lots of us may aspire to. There are a lot of teenage girls who worry about whether they're attractive or not. And yet, looking back, I don't remember more than a very few in my high school that were not. Sure, there are always a couple that have something about them that is a turn off to some guys, but on the whole, as the saying goes, we wouldn't kick them out of bed. A little 'make over' and virtually any young woman can be attractive. However. That doesn't seem to apply to us. We're men, and once we're adults, that manliness shows through even through our best efforts to stop it in it's tracks. A few of us can beat it; in fact, as we look through our avatar pics, when carefully picking the right one out of hundreds, even more than a few can rightly claim that we're pretty (though I'm not one of them). The conventional belief is that 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder'. And in my mind's eye, I will behold that I am someone else entirely; someone female, someone pretty, someone wearing beautiful clothes, someone with long, shiny, silky hair combed just right, someone with perfectly applied, just the right amount of make up. And with all that in mind, I will believe that I just might be, had it been possible for all that to be true, in another life, I might have been pretty. That's the best that I can ask for.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Pretty? Well, uh, no. At least not at the moment.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

I'm pretty certain I'm not in the least bit attractive.

Damn few women out there are " pretty " the rest of womankind is average, I fit in with the majority of women just average. Good makeup and clothes hide a lot of sins, besides passing is not just about looks it's confidence and how you carry yourself too.

I always strive to be pretty when I cd. If I can get myself to look like someone I would hit on I'm happy idk of its just seeing myself all dressed but I think I'm pretty damn sexy when I go all out and it makes me feel better then anything!

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    A little 'make over' and virtually any young woman can be attractive... The conventional belief is that 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder'...
    The makeover works pretty good for quite a few of the older ones as well. Being older myself helps a lot, too.

The Girl in a blue dress. Jennifer B's Avatar
    It depends on how much I've had to drink. The more I drink the prettier I look in the mirror.

As a g.g. i just had to chime in. As many of you pointed out we go our whole lives trying to be "pretty" and not all of us are. We go through those awkward stages, pimples, waiting to grow breasts,etc. All to live up to a standard that Hollywood sets. There are days i feel pretty and days i do not. But that doesn't change who i am. And that goes the same for each of you.

What i do see is a group of beautiful people supporting and encourageing each other and thats definitely more important than anything society deems "pretty".

i would say I'm fairly passable except for my height... The fact that I also refuse to wear flats and most of my footwear are platforms doesn't help.

But I do FEEL pretty! and that counts for something!

Pretty, Far from it, as far as you can get.

Do I think I look better then my man side, I sure do prefer to see the look in the mirror when I am dressed,
    rather then the guy side.

It is all really about what I see when I look in the mirror. And the woman side of me is what I would rather be looking at.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

I think the desire to be pretty as a CDer is simply indicative of what one values in a woman. Most cultural notions about what constitutes "pretty" are really just extensions of the biological drive to evaluate potential mates for qualities that will ensure healthy, successful offspring. Thus the desire for clear skin (free of diseases), wide hips (less chance of complications during childbirth), even jewelry (indicative of wealth which correlates to access to food and medicine to stay healthy).

To address the OP, I was fortunate to start dressing in my mid-twenties, had a very thin frame and, with practice, learned to be deft with the make-up brushes. I was told many times by others I was pretty. At that age such reinforcement fed my self esteem as a CDer. Now that I'm older and more confident in myself in all circumstances, if I were to dress and not bee seen as pretty it would not affect my self concept. It is more important that I feel feminine on the inside.

Bridget
    Your friendly, neighborhood cyber CD.

Highly unlikely. I look in a mirror and appear passable, but I may be deceiving myself. I am much too old to be pretty. I would settle for acceptable.