Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Told my family about my crossdressing today!

Told my family about my crossdressing today!

Well, I went for a makeover in London this week, and I didn't tell my family where I was really going.

But I just didn't like lying to them.

So first of all I told my dad...
    And he said fine, whatever, that's okay with me, I'm too old to worry about things like that, but didn't want to know anything else, he's one cool dad!

And then I told my brother and his family... And they were all cool with it as well... I showed them a picture of myself, and their comment was wow, it doesn't look like you! So... I'm a little bit shell shocked, both that I was brave enough to say something, and then that they're really not bothered what I do!

Just needed to share!
    Reconnecting with my feminine side - and just enjoying each day!

Great news, Gilly! Thanks for sharing! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Awsome. Sometimes the fears in our heads is worse than reality. Keep a doin watch ya doing.

It is so wonderful for you that your Dad and brother and family are so accepting. I have only told my wife of my crossdressing and she is okay as long as I keep it to myself. In my generation, (I am in my seventies) I experienced great shame when I would do any crossdressing even though it was always in private. Finally, I found a wonderful therapist who helped me understand my need to crossdress and to reach the belief that I was doing absolutely nothing to be ashamed of.

Thanks so much ladies!

Sidney, It's absolutely true what you've said, that the fear is worse than the reality!

This week really has been a bit of a rollercoaster! A makeover on Wednesday, and coming out today!

I'm a bit stunned to be honest, but in a amazingly nice way.

I can really relate to you Allie, even though I'm a bit younger than you are. When I was growing up and trying on mum's clothes, back in the 80's, crossdressing was something to be ashamed of, and to be kept hidden, and that's just stuck with me all these years. But the truth is, most of our loved ones just want us to be happy, and don't really mind what we do! I'm glad you reached a good place in your life!

Just being true to myself Jolene Robertson's Avatar
    That's great Gilly. The only ones in my family that know is my wife and youngest daughter who I just told this week. Enjoy your new found freedom.

Thanks Jolene,

Really pleased for you as well!

I'm not entirely sure what to do now, but at least I don't have to always be worrying about saying something that'll give me away anymore!

That?s great, Gilly. Kudos to you for taking the chance on your family and kudos to them for being so accepting.

Hi Gilly,

Great to hear you have such an accepting family!

Marion

Gilley,

Good for you!! What a relief, off your mind..it will get easier every day.

Love the shoes you have on in your profile, I got the same ones last month, Have worn them out two or three times, perfect size heels.....

Davina

Platinum Member
    Happy to read that it worked out well for you. Sometimes I wonder why a reveal wipes out decades of a relationship. Did the person change from before the words were spoke to afterwards? If you showed them a picture from your makeover, of course they'd say "Wow!"

I NEVER go bare-legged! Kimberly A.'s Avatar
    Congrats, Gilly! I'm happy that your family was supportive of your dressing. I wish my family would be supportive of it, but I can't tell them because they're way too judgmental and bigoted..... I have to go through links to hide my CD'ing from them. Well, except for the absence of hair on my arms but thankfully, my dad has yet to say anything to me about it.

Dang I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make this about me..... I'm glad some of y'all here have supportive and understanding families that you can go to about your CD'ing.
    My YouTube channel: Kimberly A.

Gilly, congrats for having the strength to open up to your family!
    However, about the picture of you, may I ask if you offered to show it to them, or did they ask?

Hiya Gilly,

Love your story and I am so happy for you. Its is always great to hear about strong loving familys who hang together. Best wishes for continued happiness.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

Platinum Member
    Hi Gilly , You are out there now and there's no turning back now, >Orchid**OO**
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Quote Originally Posted by Frannie7 View Post
    That?s great, Gilly. Kudos to you for taking the chance on your family and kudos to them for being so accepting.

Thanks Frannie, I was pretty sure they would be okay with it, but there's that lingering fear isn't there that they might really not be able to handle it.

Quote Originally Posted by Maid_Marion View Post
    Hi Gilly,

Great to hear you have such an accepting family!

Marion

Thanks Marion, this week really has been a crazy one for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Davina2833 View Post
    Gilley,

Good for you!! What a relief, off your mind..it will get easier every day.

Love the shoes you have on in your profile, I got the same ones last month, Have worn them out two or three times, perfect size heels.....

Davina

they are nice shoes aren't they! And nice and easy to walk in, especially compared to the crazy high heels I wore during my makeover.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    Happy to read that it worked out well for you. Sometimes I wonder why a reveal wipes out decades of a relationship. Did the person change from before the words were spoke to afterwards? If you showed them a picture from your makeover, of course they'd say "Wow!"

Thanks Stephanie, I guess a small minority of people just can't cope with anything that's not in their normal world-view, and so react in a scared, unpleasant way. Luckily I think that small majority is getting smaller ever day. I think the vast majority of folks are like my family, as long as it makes me happy, they're fine with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimberly A. View Post
    Congrats, Gilly! I'm happy that your family was supportive of your dressing. I wish my family would be supportive of it, but I can't tell them because they're way too judgmental and bigoted..... I have to go through links to hide my CD'ing from them. Well, except for the absence of hair on my arms but thankfully, my dad has yet to say anything to me about it.

Dang I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make this about me..... I'm glad some of y'all here have supportive and understanding families that you can go to about your CD'ing.

Kimberly - Don't you worry at all about talking about your own family - I realise how lucky I am to have such an easy going family - sorry yours aren't very open minded and accepting. I hope your secret dressing at least provides some fun and comfort.

Quote Originally Posted by DianeT View Post
    Gilly, congrats for having the strength to open up to your family!
    However, about the picture of you, may I ask if you offered to show it to them, or did they ask?

Diane - I told them first, I think they were a bit surprised (obviously!) then I asked my niece if she wanted to see a picture, which she did, and then my brother and his wife wanted to see as well. That's when they all said wow, she's doesn't look like you!

Quote Originally Posted by Teri Ray View Post
    Hiya Gilly,

Love your story and I am so happy for you. Its is always great to hear about strong loving familys who hang together. Best wishes for continued happiness.

Thank you for the sweet words Teri, it is such a weight off my mind!

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE ORCHID View Post
    Hi Gilly , You are out there now and there's no turning back now, >Orchid**OO**

Thank you! I know it's out there now... And I'm still trying to process everything I've done this week! I've been keeping it secret for so long, I don't really know what happens now, which is a good problem to have!

Platinum Member
    Where do you go from here?
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Some impressive courage right there, way to go Gilly!
    Be the best you, be the true you.
    That said, I love faceapp so much I change my avatar daily

https://giphy.com/gifs/l0MYEWpv7Ue0RFVaE/html5

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    Where do you go from here?
    You know what, I've no idea! I'm still a bit shocked I was even able to do it yesterday. I'm not going to visit any of them in a dress and heels, they're cool about it, but I think that would be very uncomfortable for everyone!

So I'm not entirely sure what happens next. I guess maybe not worrying about letting something slip accidentally, or leaving a pair of shoes or bra out when they visit!

Quote Originally Posted by cindylouho View Post
    Some impressive courage right there, way to go Gilly!
    Thanks Cindy, I did feel so sick when I was about to do it... And I couldn't get my words out initially, and I thought I was going to cry! But I guess it worked out in the end!

Gilly, You are in a great place right now. Just take slowly whatever further steps you wish to take.

That's good advice, thank you. I might have told my family, but no-one else knows and that's how it's going to stay.

I'm really not sure what I want to do next! So I'll just carry on doing what I've been doing, probably, but with a little bit less worry about being discovered!

Gilly, I envy you by having family and others around you to tell. This can be looked at as good or bad, but I have lived so long I have nobody to tell. At least that would even care.

As to what is next for you. If it were me I would seek out that special gg you could confide in. Friends to share with are wonderful. Just a thought.

Thank you Amy Lynn, it is a relief to not have to hide. My family are cool and aren't bothered, I kind of wish they were more curious so I could talk to them about it, but I'm just happy they're okay with it.

I wish I had been able to tell my mum before she passed, but we all have regrets don't we?

I would love to find a nice girl (or even boy) to share this new part of my life with, but I'm so shy and introverted, I don't know if that will ever happen. Still, who knows what the future will hold.

Gilly it takes guts and determinatioin to come out to ones family, but don't you feel so much better for having done so?. I did and never looked back. I live on my own and lost a few friends along the way but gained others in so doing not least finding a GF! life is now good for me and so it will be for you. And now you don't have anything to fear or hide from your family,
    Good luck
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Thanks so much Bobbi,

I do feel much better, that's true! I'm just in a bit of a daze at the moment, I don't know really know what comes next.

I'm so happy your life is going well!

Hopefully after everything I've done this week, mine will head in a new and positive direction as well!