Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crisscrossing and railfanning

Crisscrossing and railfanning

I may be totally off base with this but I have had a fascination with trains and crossdressing all my life. I was wondering if anyone of you may have noticed a correlation between crossdressing and railfanning.

Karen Sue

I personally don?t but could it be like a fantasy maybe such as with Tom Cruise in Risky Business? May be off topic a bit just what popped into my head on the subject put forth.

Not myself but I know we have some members who love both as you do.
    Crissy

That's me crossdressing railfan. Watch Hobo Shoestring on YouTube and Distant Signal. Have taken my grandson to several railroad museums.

Quote Originally Posted by KarenSusan View Post
    I may be totally off base with this but I have had a fascination with trains and crossdressing all my life. I was wondering if anyone of you may have noticed a correlation between crossdressing and railfanning.
    Many boys on the autism spectrum like trains. Many boys on the autism spectrum seek out a feminine side sometimes around age 4 or 5. Im on the spectrum, like trains and crossdress.

No Heel is Too High.... When it's Pointed at the Ceiling

I like steam engines because they clank and chuff and hark back to another era, beyond that I do not know too much. My cousin who transitioned was an absolute train nut and could talk about them all day.

I suppose I can break this into two. Yes I do love seeing an engine in steam and two, any modern train as a way to get Helen to the shops!

If this means anything when I was younger and early in my marriage I had build a train set with a mountain and bridges and it had two tracks and I was starting to make small towns. When I moved out I never had the room or with the kids I never really had time for it anymore. Now that you reminded me next time I go to my parents I have to ask if it's packed up somewhere. Well then again I still don't have the room for it.

Yep! Love both! We have financially supported getting the new old steam engine rebuilt on the Western MD Scenic RR. Plan to take a ride on her soon. And we always are our watching local trains through Pittsburgh. Do not really crossdress and tail fan at the same time.

Hi to my fellow rail-fans!

I'm a former railwayman (I was a guard on freight trains) who's been mad about trains since I was a toddler, but I'd never really associated the two, or mixed them together until quite recently. Since my first foray out into the world while dressed, which was only 4-5 months ago, I've been out several times filming and photographing trains while dressed and presenting as Wendy. I find I get quite a kick out of it, tbh. Standing track-side with the breeze blowing up my skirt and around my legs is a good feeling.

I do have to be careful though - a couple of times I've gone to places which were frankly unsafe for a woman to be while alone. Whether it was the pink fog or whether I was simply so focused on what I was doing that it didn't 'click' that I was dressed, I don't know. Or perhaps I just felt 'normal' dressed and didn't think about it. But both times I quickly left those locations, at which I feel perfectly safe when in drab, and moved to more woman-friendly locations closer to town.

For many years I'd wondered what it would be like to go out presenting as a woman, but never did, although I always had this nebulous idea of one day getting onto a long-distance train and changing into Wendy once I'd boarded, then doing the trip en-femme. It never happened, but now that I'm more confident about going out while dressed, who knows? It might happen yet.

Sorry for the novelette - fingers got away on me.
    Last edited by Wendy-Lyn; 04-04-2022 at 05:08 AM.

You may have hit on an idea- a multi-day train trip with crossdressing events.

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Who doesn't love a steam train. Nothing at all to do with crossdressing for me though.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    No, Karen. Whoops! Well, maybe?

P1560306 (640x614).jpg
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brianne_bc View Post
    Many boys on the autism spectrum like trains. Many boys on the autism spectrum seek out a feminine side sometimes around age 4 or 5. Im on the spectrum, like trains and crossdress.
    Asperger's syndrome is a part of the spectrum, and I'm into both. First it was trains, then it was lingerie and dressing. It is possible to have both at the same time!
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

Kind of an odd correlation, but it definitely fits me! Had electric trains as a kid and still have a little set that I set up around the Christmas tree every year. Have taken several Amtrak trips but disappointed at their inconsistent levels of service and speed compared to European trains. Anyway, I've also never mixed trains with crossdressing, though Wendy-Lyn's idea of taking a long train trip en femme is appealing.....

Another railfan here... My wife and I have been to many popular railfanning locations although I never leave the house dressed. I have a model railroad layout that keeps growing and is taking over my basement. I've enjoyed countless hours of working on it while dressed, my two favorite hobbies!

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    I have had some fun mixing crossdressing and trains. Not only have I crossdressed on the several Prairie Dog Central steam train trips, but as well as visiting train museums and stations. Oh not to mention staying an evening at the Train Station Inn in Tatamagouche, Nova Scotia where we enjoyed eating supper in the dining car and then sleeping over night in a caboose! One picture is from one of my PDC trips, another is by the Countess of Dufferin in the local museum and the other picture is from the caboose that we stayed in.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I like trains and crossdressing, but have never mixed the two. There was a time when I was starting to build a model train layout, but quit for various reasons. In any case, I can't afford to collect model trains and cross dress. But enjoying train museums and such is still in the picture.

This video I found combines the two:

(and Chantal, I always admire how much fun you have!)

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    Love the video Angela

I fall into this category as well but must admit that I'm more of a railfan than I am a crossdresser.

Lacy PJs

It is so pleasant to know that there are so many other Tgirls who also have an interest in railroads. I know that trains came first as a youth as I lived fairly close to main line in the communities where I grew up in New Hampshire. I still maintain the interest in trains to this day. I have yet to really railfan and/or ride on them yet; but the urge is strong. My best 2 Tgirl friend is an avid train buffs and we dream about going enfemme. Lots of ideas but no actually plans as of yet. I am also very involved in a HO layout at home that is in the stage of expanding. Thankfully, being retired there is time for this.
    Sarah Adams, mature girl from NH. My photos are on Flickr under vintage4sarah !

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    Interesting, I am working on a train set myself. I enjoy building the landscapes, etc. Like creating another (although small scaled) world. It has been noticed that many people involved in traditional "manly" pursuits ---and especially those who wear uniforms or clothing related to the job are often also CDers. The "pressures" of "manhood" make us want to "ESCAPE" it every now and then.-------Come to think of it, does ANYBODY know or have ever heard of aby GG model railroaders? Seens ALSO to be a "Man thing" for some reason.

There used to be a girl here that was big into model trains and had quite the track set up.
    Don't recall her name.

@docrobbiesherry, Thats such a big improvement on Casey Jones.