Thread: Self identity

Self identity

You know, I really try to be patient. I really try to be accepting and understanding.

Some of us are in DADT situations. I really, truly get that. It makes me sad, but I get it.

But that doesn't fix YOU, does it honey?

I have a really hard time NOT accepting my swishy ways. My penchant for pink and purple... my love of sparklies. I am 6'2", 250# built like a semi, All fur and bulk and male signals (So my man-toy tells me)

Yet I feel most at home in 'girl' things. Pretty skirts, tasteful shoes, FRILLIES.

Who are you?

Who are YOU?

*WHO* **ARE** YOU?

I don't care what you look like or who you worship or who you are hiding from. **WHO** **ARE** **YOU**??.... ??? ... ???

Please come out here and join me. It isn't as scary as you fear.

- Kitty / Moose
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

I am a Artistic guy who got a little too creative with dressing in "forbidden" clothing and is now obsessed with it to the point that it hinders me from doing art.

Kitty you are the only one that can decide who and what you are. The road you get to where we are now is what defines our needs or desires, but you/me/we made the decisions to wear the clothes and portray as you do. And that's alright I for one never suffered from image dysfunction. I dress for me and I fit into the same boat you describe now. But it don't matter I look n the mirror and see exactly what I am. Not what I would like to but then again it's alright! I enjoy wearing my clothes, dresses, jeans. leggin's, skirts, shorts, skorts, with blouses and all the other accessories because I want to and I feel comfortable even in heels. So I am the man I always was with a extra bit of imagination and sexual motivation. And it sure has been a relief over the years, I can even admire the few positive things I see in these clothes but better yet I can find humor and even laugh at myself in these clothes. Something I can't do in my drab attire. The fact that I am myself and that includes to others a CD well that all good, I'm me. You are not alone and I'm not either!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

Who is I? As you know a gender fluid person and I also am male and like the frilly things. I hear you Kitty. Good to hear from you again and good to see you. I am not built like a line backer but I stay in shape and work hard at it. Especially for my girly side. I am what I am.
    Part Time Girl

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I'm still trying to figure me out, Moose. As soon as I think I figure I am one thing, things get weirder!

It's getting so I just don't care anymore. I'm having fun and am what I am.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by franlee View Post
    I'm me. You are not alone and I'm not either!
    Sweet thing... I'm not trying to fix ME. Nothing to fix. I'm trying to 'fix' others.

I'm perfectly happy. My poor Prius-suburbivan (with a trailer hitch) has to deal with an LGBT 'bear' sticker, along side a 'bisexual' sticker, tucked next to a 'crossdresser' sticker.

"'Gay' bear bisexual crossdresser". Yup.. that is about right.

*I'm* not confused... are you? }:>

I'm me, and I'm *fabulous*.

- K/M
    Last edited by mechamoose; 09-20-2016 at 12:16 AM.
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

So I'm trying to reply, but I keep getting an error stating " the file(s) you are trying to upload is too large".
    but its not a file. Just the text of my response.

Be the best you, you can be

You are you.
    I am me.
    We are each who we choose to be.

We should not place a label on something strictly for classification.
    For labels have all sorts of differing meanings attached to them. By place a label on someone you are limiting them to only those meanings contained in that label.

I freely accept that others label me. They want to place me in a neat little box so they understand me. But then they have to change that label when I do something that doesn't fit within their definition.

You be you
    and I will be me
    and oh how happy we might be.

Part 1

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Part Deux

Upon this planet, and in your terms I would be:
    - Human
    - Physically Male
    - Mentally fluctuating somewhere between the polar opposites.
    - Tall, under 2 meters, but over 6 foot
    - Slender, between 175-200 lbs.
    - Above average intelligence, according to the IQ tests.
    - a cad, a scoundrel, an artist, a dreamer, philosopher or poet (though you wouldn't always know it.)

All these things and more.
    For truer things are strange in this society of ours.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Part Tres

Define yourself in your terms, add words to the dictionary if necessary.

You be you,
    and not what "they" want or think you to be.
    Last edited by Darling Micki; 09-20-2016 at 12:35 AM.

Banned Read only
    MM,
    I have to agree that you must find who you are and not let DADT get in the way. My wife didn't want to know about my counselling but in the end I wrote it all down so she partly knows as she only chose to read some of it. The best thing I did was getting out the door and meeting other members of the TG community. It does bring a balance to CDing , thoughts about passing fade away and pink fog is mostly a distant mist far enough away it doesn't bother me. It is very comforting to know who you are and where you want to be with your dressing.

Redtea,
    I love painting and CDing combining the two makes me more creative, I asked if I could attend my painting group dressed and I was told it wouldn't be a problem. I guess if I was TS I would have done it anyway.

I don't give a rat's asparagus what others think of me.

No, that is not true. I care very much, but for different reasons.

A certain part of me REVELS in the confusion I cause in a mundane's mind. I view my existence as a challenge to small thinking. My upstairs neighbor hates me... landscape guy, a typical jock. A 'guy' in a skirt short circuits his brain.

I'm a YUUGE beast with 10 years of martial arts training. I have swoopy hair 1/3 down my back and a manicured beard. I wear painted nails and skirts in public. My wife loves/is jealous of my 'floufy' hair. My 15 year old son doesn't even blink when I'm in a skirt.

"I 'yam what I 'yam"

I fight every day to make the world safer for those of us who can't walk where I walk.

If you can show yourself, just a little, it makes it better for someone who is hiding.

THAT is what I'm about.

I *feel* like a girl. I just don't have anything like the frame to pull that off. Kudos to all of you who do.

}:>

- Kitty / Moose
    Last edited by mechamoose; 09-20-2016 at 01:18 AM. Reason: Details, deatils

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by redtea View Post
    I am a Artistic guy who got a little too creative with dressing in "forbidden" clothing and is now obsessed with it to the point that it hinders me from doing art.
    Nope, you're not being hindered.

You're just doing a different kind of art now.

I am a father, a husband. I am a comic book, board game, dungeons and dragons, sci-fi geek. I am a man who also enjoys, for whatever silly reason, enjoys wearing a different cloth than my counterparts. Perhaps a neuron that was supposed to go to hunting boots and camo read the map wrong and went to dresses and panties, who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Atredis View Post
    I am a father, a husband. I am a comic book, board game, dungeons and dragons, sci-fi geek. I am a man who also enjoys, for whatever silly reason, enjoys wearing a different cloth than my counterparts. Perhaps a neuron that was supposed to go to hunting boots and camo read the map wrong and went to dresses and panties, who knows.
    You sound like my kind of girl!

(We are playing Fast Food Magnate on Friday!)

<3

- K/M

I have heard good things about that, but Twilight Imperium 3rd Edition, that's where it's at. Did I mention I'm a geek/nerd (I wear a fracking pocket protector to work for goodness sakes)

Hi, Kitty! You are on a journey and only you can determine the way forward!! I am a father, grandfather, widower, fantasy story lover, Skyrim playing human being who happens to also be a crossdresser!! I crossdress to my own set of rules just as you do!! Real men hug, not sure what real women do!! But here is a hug for you!! Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

I am just a guy not big- not small Who likes to enjoy his fem side at times. I enjoy doing what i do on either side. Feminine. Or masc. Admittedly, i enjoy my fem side bit more though.

Reality Check
    I am an otherwise normal male who likes to play the part of a female from time to time. The wig, boobs, butt, the clothes and shoes, etc. I am a crossdresser but that's just a part of who and what I am. I am also a husband, father, grandfather and brother. I am also a woodworker, fisherman and golfer.

Aspiring Member
    Mechamoose to your OP, this is exactly why I'm starting counseling soon. I am in a pretty much DADT situation. We can talk about it, but she really doesn't want to see it. I do get an occasional reprieve on Halloween and an odd adventure here or there but I'm still feeling very repressed and it cannot be good for us in the long run. Now that I've started to come to terms with my gender identity and finally have a better explanation for what, who and why I am (other than considering it a fetish), I plan to work with my psychologist to fully explore and identify just who I am and find ways to present that to my wife in a productive way. Thank you for the encouragement, I certainly hope it turns out not to not be as scary as I fear.

Non-binary/Questioning
    Quote Originally Posted by Atredis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mechamoose View Post
    You sound like my kind of girl!

(We are playing Fast Food Magnate on Friday!)
    I want to play too! I'll bring my 6'0" 280 lb bearded self, a bunch of games, and a skirt.

Now I am curious about these stickers you mentioned... Never seen such a thing.

A table full of girls playing games, that would be fun.

Kitty I never said or thought you needed fixing. Just sharing a concept of who I am related to your question. Who are you? I answered and I will go so far as to say I have in years gone by made it safer for my community to walk safer no matter what or who they are. About 36 years as a matter of fact. I appreciate the "Sweet thing" name but I must be honest, it don't fit, even my wife would argue that one. LOL! My point in the reply was we are not alone but as much as we have in common we are individuals. So what's in a name? Just who ever it is identifying or describing. Call me what you will but it don't make me or break me as long as it's not to late for dinner.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

Banned Read only
    Hmm, I'm DADT and integrating with the world I...integrate in (just wait 'till I retire mate!)

Hanging in there MM, in the mean time just remember 'we (and you) are wonderful people' and what comes around goes around!

Aspiring Member
    I'm still searching for the definitive 'who' answer as of date. That's something only you can answer for yourself.

'What' is much easier on my part: a student, a learner, an urban dweller, a car enthusiast, a piano buff, 168cm (making quite a tall girl), US women's size 4, neither Aphrodite nor Adonis. Very likely more than a mere crossdresser who tries not to think of it too much off this site. Trying to keep my head - if not my eyes - above the waves. Basically, lost in a milieu, trying to find my way around.

While I'm concerned about labels as a convenient signpost of identity, I'm not worried about them - labellers gonna label, and it's their perception which is beyond my immediate control.