Thread: Is there any solution?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Micki_Finn View Post
    This is just ridiculous logic. If someone is there at a lgbt support group, they’re there to 1) support you or 2) be supported. No one is there to spy and out the trans girls to their families.
    I disagree. Maybe that person has come out to others I know as well, and maybe they’ll just tell them they saw me there, maybe I don’t even know they saw me so perhaps they don’t even think they’re doing anything wrong telling others. So totally not ridiculous to me, however it may seem to you.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Okay I think I see where this is going. I don’t think you guys can help me, even if your intentions are good, because my mindset isn’t ready for what you are suggesting. It’s probably a good idea to leave things here so no one wastes their own time any longer, only I can find a way out of this, no one can take the step for me. Thank you all, truly.

Tolerant, that's the rub. Ask 10 CDers, get twelve to fifteen different answers! Okay, so you feel stuck in a situation. That can be hard to surmount as you'll need to open up a bit to a lot of possibilities. Not just about CDing, but about a number of things, I think, and that can be hard just to sort through. In the mean time, I think Sometimes Miss's suggestion is best. Get ye a largish locking case that can fit under the bed. Put in it one outfit, some foundation garments, a small make kit, and possibly a wig. Shoes if they can fit.

Let that be your stash for when you have some alone time and need to de-stress. If nothing else, it will help you unwind when pressure (from whatever source) gets to be too much.

There's no need to rush into anything. You never know what tomorrow will bring. Lay the foundations now and enjoy the success later. Play the "long game" and work out where you are at and what you want and then work out how to achieve it. Good luck

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TolerantCD View Post
    I disagree. Maybe that person has come out to others I know as well, and maybe they’ll just tell them they saw me there, maybe I don’t even know they saw me so perhaps they don’t even think they’re doing anything wrong telling others. So totally not ridiculous to me, however it may seem to you.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Okay I think I see where this is going. I don’t think you guys can help me, even if your intentions are good, because my mindset isn’t ready for what you are suggesting. It’s probably a good idea to leave things here so no one wastes their own time any longer, only I can find a way out of this, no one can take the step for me. Thank you all, truly.
    Dear,
    You are not a waste of time, and are clearly struggling. And yes, ultimately you are the only one who can solve your problems. But others can help. The suggestion of a support group is really a great one, and less likely to leave a trail than anything else. A counselor would be even better, but there are payments and insurance to consider.

Your fear of being outed by the support group indicates some paranoia. Technically, it could happen, but technically you could get run over crossing the street or die a thousand other ways if you get out of bed in the morning.

Anything you do in life will have a risk. In this case, I would suggest the risk is very low, and the reward may be great.

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    People just are not aware that support/social groups put lots of importance on discretion.