Thread: A day of firsts, seconds and thirds..

A day of firsts, seconds and thirds..

On a recent trip to a different city, I packed a little extra stuff in my luggage hoping to get an opportunity to dress. I had also been reading on the experiences of others here on shopping in the stores. So I also had that on my mind but I wasn't sure. I had planned to check in my baggage but realized that it would fit in the carry on at the airport. Now I had a few items of clothing and basic makeup which would typically not be there in a man's luggage but I decided to own up to it and not spend additional money to check in the baggage. As luck would have it, my baggage was selected for hands on screening because of a large tub of moisturizer which could hold more than 3 ounces. To find it in the luggage, the elderly lady saw the bras, inserts and a couple of items of makeup. She was so professional about it as it was usual for men to carry these items in their luggage. Anyways, once she found the moisturizer, she opened it to see that the container was almost empty and put everything back in the baggage and wished a happy journey.

Well, after checking in to the hotel, my first trip was to the nearby mall to buy stockings and boots. The boots I found were low ankle boots which could pass on as men's boot if I wore it with my jeans after the trip. I bought a wig which was easy to find as halloween is around the corner. The SA at the checkout probably put two and two together, stared at me momentarily but didn't say anything. She didn't look very friendly anyways.

I waited until evening to step out to the nearby Dress Barn. I wore women's boot cut jeans over the stockings with the new boots, women's turtleneck over bra and short sleeve t-shirt and wore a women's trench coat without buttoning it and the belt hanging on its sides. I was presenting rather as androgynous without makeup or a wig but with a cute women's hat and gloves (it was near freezing outside). It was also obvious that a woman would notice me wearing women's clothes but guys wouldn't care if I passed them by.

I parked in front of the store. It was a weekday so the store seemed pretty empty. I waited for a few minutes to calm my nerves and walked in. The door chime made me nervous but then again I reminded myself to calm myself down. The SA greeted me and asked if she could help. I said I was looking for a particular dress I saw online. She said that they probably didn't have any matching the description I gave. I asked if I could just look around at the dresses. She asked me to find her if I needed help and I said sure. I found two sweater dresses that I liked and when the SA came around, she asked me if I had found anything. I said I like these two holding them up. She asked if I would like to try them on and I responded, "Can I?", with a subtle surprise. She said, "Absolutely!", and walked me to the dressing room at the back of the store. The two other women in the store were browsing earlier but had left by then. The SA assured me that I was the only customer in the store and I could even come out to look at myself in the larger mirror if I wanted to. While I was trying on the dresses, the SA asked me if everything was alright and if I would like a different size or something different.

After trying on the two dresses, I made my pick and walked out with her to the checkout counter. In the meantime, another customer came in to pick up the dress she had asked the store to hold for her, the SA politely asked her to wait until she checked me out. The SA quickly changed her tone and said while I signed the receipt, "Sir, I hope your wife would love this dress for a birthday gift. She can always exchange it for a different size if the fit is an issue." I thanked her and left.

It was my first experience trying on something at a store before buying it and I loved every minute of it. I have bought several women's clothes both for my SO and myself but this was an entirely new and a pleasant experience for me.

(...to be continued)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Well done! I find your bravery astounding. I'm sitting here in awe. Kudos to the SA for the class shown...Plus, I like what you tried on, particularly the dress on the right. It flatters.you.

It's always great to read of experiences that go as well as this.
    Like a lady

It is always a boost when you are asked if you want to try it on.

I spent a lot of money once as I walked in as a man and out as a woman.

The wig alone cost $150, the makeup was free.

I had originally gone in to get a long line bra for an evening dress.

Yes... You do have to get a bra fitting in this case.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

DressBarn is great about this stuff! I had my first experience there too. Well, my only experience to date.
    I called ahead and I said I was a crossdresser and they told me they were empty and that they would let me try on clothes.
    I showed in male clothes but she called me Leah. She would come in with more clothes and at some point when checking the fit of some pants, saw my thong hanging out and said those were cute panties. I loved it!
    xoxo,

Leah

"Man, I feel like a Woman!"

You need to send that Lady's boss a thank you note.

Very nice story and you had a lot of fun doing that. It is good getting out.
    Part Time Girl

Two things to keep in mind about TSA: they have a mission to protect passengers from dangerous substances, weapons and things that go boom in the flight. They don't care about your wardrobe. But even if they did, they have no way to know the women's clothes in your bag are yours and not those of a traveling companion. Nothing to worry about.

Glad you had a good time. I hope there are many more to come.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

I completely agree, I would contact there headquarters, praise the SA, recommend a promotion for the SA. Those are the types of people that are awesome at their jobs, and it would be a positive influence in the world to have that person in a career. So anything I could do to make the situation better I would. Especially in a situation where people like to complain and be offended by everything.

Quote Originally Posted by CallieBelle View Post
    Well done! I find your bravery astounding. I'm sitting here in awe. Kudos to the SA for the class shown...Plus, I like what you tried on, particularly the dress on the right. It flatters.you.
    Thank you! I liked the dress on the right too but it hugged a little too tight around the waist and the belt could not be loosened. So I bought the one on the left.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Thank you everyone for your replies and suggestions. I had planned on writing another post as a follow up but I have come down with flu like symptoms so it would at least be a couple of days for me to get to that. I definitely intend to at least send a thank you card to the SA showing her my truest appreciation as soon as I am better.

Platinum Member
    Hi Sun Hun , It sounds like a wonderful experience.>Orchid......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Nice to hear about your experience, thank you for sharing. I Just have to know which dress did you get? I like the one on the right. Thanks again, Brenda

Thanks for sharing your story of your trip out. Its is always special when the SA's are so helpful. Love both dresses, the right one slightly better.
    Hope you are feeling better soon!
    -Samantha

Thanks for sharing. I'd love to find the confidence to do that.

It was nice that the SA felt she had to say that to help cover you for buying a dress but i am wondering if it was needed or not and how I would have felt about it especially in a city where no one knows you. don't get me wrong, it was nice of her to take the incentive and she was awesome your whole time in the store but was it needed?
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

It sounds like a perfect day out shopping, I love the outfits too.