Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Halloween a time and excuse to crossdress in public

Halloween Costumes

My first time out crossdressing on Halloween as an adult I dressed as a french maid. Went to a LGBT friendly bar and had so much fun! Been a few years. Maybe again this year something New, Moulin Rouge? I do not limit my costume wear to just Halloween though, some of my favorite afternoons have been dressing up trying different looks including costumes, but I have only left the house wearing a costume on Halloween, ( I do not consider my regular crossdressing as a costume!) Maybe Comicon or some other event might be fun too!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Brenda Freeman; 09-18-2016 at 06:50 AM.

I say dress up if you want to and go have so fun! In doing so, just realize Halloween doesn't get you a pass from suspicion if you're closeted and go out dressed like a female -- unless it's a genuine costume character. Halloween does, however, provide a little more acceptance for dressing. Again, though, if you're "too good" people will remember and many will go "Hmmm?"

I have always used Halloween as an excuse to go out dressed. I've had serious years where I dressed to pass, over-the-top years, (How much green eye shadow can I get on my eyelids?) and frivolous fun years where I've been obviously "A man in a dress".

This year those things won't work for me. You see I started my transition this year so dressing in women's clothes is something I do every day. I'm going to actually get a costume. So far it's a toss up between Dorothy from The Wizard of Oz, and Morticia Addams.
    [SIZE=3]Stacye Rose[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Cleverly disguised as a normal contributing member of society[/SIZE]

To the people asking why not any other day? It's because Halloween creates social context as to why you are dressing up.

If you were to go out right now 9/18/16 fully dressed, the context people will think when they see you is "CDer, Tranny', Bigot's "what a faggot", some cis girls "gross", other cis girls "aw they look so cute and brave, I want their shoes", some cis guys "that's a dude right? RIGHT? idk, no it has to be"

Halloween is like "hey people are gonna be wearing weird things today, it's not some CDer, they are totally just doing this to show off their bravery to the ladies"
    At least that is the context of it. To me it would feel about the same as any other day. I did however wear pink bunny ears on Easter at my job, Using the Context of the Holiday as my unspoken excuse.

If I ever get the guts and sink into the deepest pink someday, I want to try and buy Alcohol while passing as a young girl (like 18-21) It would be so funny to pass so hard that the cashier and manager can't accept your ID because the picture doesn't match. I think anyone who is trans should try this at least once in their life, Imagine how much pride you would feel knowing that you passed so well that it's not just a politically correct tolerance act...That people are completely certain that you are a girl, so certain they would rather deny alcohol than risk it on what they believe to be a girl using her BF's ID.

I'm sure I revealed to most, if not all at the pray I was at last year, that I cross dress when I was dressed up as a southern belle and looked the part pretty well. Then again, I had a lot of friends there that knew I do have an interest in it. I'm sure I'll make it more obvious this year as I plan on being Belle from Beauty and the Beast. No worries by me, just gonna go out and have fun!

Banned Read only
    This theme comes up every year and it is a complete fallacy that Halloween provides an "excuse" to cross dress.

Here the why: guys don't dress up like women. So, when that happens, EVERYONE wonders if this guy is a cross dresser. Everyone. No one gets a free pass. If you don't care, great. If you think this is a free pass day, you are in denial.

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    So, by that logic, any guy who dresses up for Halloween as, say, a super-hero, "everyone" is going to wonder if this guy actually thinks he's some sort of super-hero in everyday life?

Quote Originally Posted by redtea View Post
    If you were to go out right now 9/18/16 fully dressed, the context people will think when they see you is "CDer, Tranny', Bigot's "what a faggot", some cis girls "gross", other cis girls "aw they look so cute and brave, I want their shoes", some cis guys "that's a dude right? RIGHT? idk, no it has to be"
    You do understand that you're advancing this theory in a forum that is frequented by people who are out every single day of the year, right?
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by laurababe View Post
    So, by that logic, ...
    No, your assertion is fatally flawed. Guys DO dress a superheroes. In fact, superheroes ARE guys dressed as superheroes. No, there is a clear and obvious difference in a guy dressing as a woman. It is a unique situation and alone in it's example.

"Guys DO dress a superheroes."

And can you imagine all the gossip at the water-cooler the next day...?

"Yeah, he definitely looked a little *too* convincing as Superman last night."

"Ha! I noticed that, too. And those blue tights? Really? Looked like he was enjoying them a bit too much, eh?"

"Hey, do you think he dresses up as Superman at home?"

"I dunno. You have to wonder about that guy sometimes."

"Do you think he wears Superman Underoos under his regular clothes? LOL!"

"OMG! Do you think he's wearing them right now??"

Etc., etc.

Come on. Stop letting one's "guilty" conscience get in the way of everything.

*That* is a fatal flaw, IMO.

I am heavily closeted. If I dress as a normal woman where is a good place to out myself on Halloween?

Karen Sue

Ok , so we are going to an event on Halloween night in a field with a scare maze and rides ect. Everyone around here makes a great effort in dressing up in all sorts. After my last reply to this post I asked my partner what she was wearing and what she would be happy in me wearing. She is the bride of chucky for the night and I am going to be Daphne from Scooby-Do! I realised this May out me as does my partner and we have decided that our enjoyment comes first and that people thinking is different to knowing. Let em gossip if they want, I'm gonna be a sexy mystery solver!

Halloween offered me a step toward being to be able to go out in public as Lori. For several years, my only outings were on Halloween. I felt safe, because I fully expected people to read me as male, and so I didn't worry about the little details that are important when one tries to blend in. I know I must have looked like some wild and crazy drag queen--the makeup was too heavy, and my breasts were unrealistically massive, but it was a thrill just the same. The intensity of the thrill was similar to how I felt later on when I would tone down the look and try to blend in (while still looking sexually desirable, of course). Going out in public, even with that extreme, crazy look, helped encourage me to try going out in the guise of a real woman.

Reality Check
    Quote Originally Posted by KarenSusan View Post
    I am heavily closeted. If I dress as a normal woman where is a good place to out myself on Halloween?
    A city a hundred miles or more from your hometown. Actually, you can do this any day of the year. Just go where people don't know you. Even if they recognize that you are a crossdresser, they don't know you and you don't know them.

For the few who were confused by my example of the expensive breast forms, wig, butt, etc. My point is, if you do a good job of presenting as a woman, as most of us would want to do, people will know that you don't just dress for Halloween. They will know that you have done this many times before.

If you don't care, that's fine. If you are out to the public already or live full time as a woman, that's fine also. I am just trying to make a point for those who wish to keep their little "hobby" a secret from friends, family and co workers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    This theme comes up every year and it is a complete fallacy that Halloween provides an "excuse" to cross dress.

Here the why: guys don't dress up like women. So, when that happens, EVERYONE wonders if this guy is a cross dresser. Everyone. No one gets a free pass. If you don't care, great. If you think this is a free pass day, you are in denial.
    Again... Jennifer hits the nail square on the head. I've seen this topic come up at least half a dozen times and I've only been a member of the forum for one year! It seems ridiculous to me that anyone would dress as a woman for Halloween. Now wearing a costume that a female would wear — different story, but to dress simply as a woman... makeup perfectly placed, clothes that a woman would wear to the office or a nightclub, you are in serious denial if you think you're getting some sort of pass just because it's Halloween.

I can almost buy Lucy's idea of dressing as Daphne but really, only if her SO were dressing as Shaggy or Velma. Still though... why wouldn't a guy dress as Fred or Shaggy if his SO is wearing a Velma costume?

There are simply few, if any, valid (or let's say, witty) reasons that a GUY would wear a FEMALE costume... let alone dress simply as a woman, other than he likes to wear women's clothes. If you don't care what others think, then why dress only at Halloween? Context or not, if you don't care what others think then the logic would be you you would dress any other day of the year as well.
    I am not a woman nor am I a man... I am an enby. Hi, I am Wren.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    Halloween is like a crossdressers christmas...sure its A good excuse to dress...but do you really need an excuse ? I think it is a great time for anyone first getting out to give it a try though and help build your confidence . Anytime is a good time to dress, but halloween is a great first step.

Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    My point is, if you do a good job of presenting as a woman, as most of us would want to do, people will know that you don't just dress for Halloween. They will know that you have done this many times before.
    Or maybe they will simply automatically assume that you spent a lot of time & effort specifically for it, like one would for *any* kind of good costume -- and probably even had a lot of help from a GG or two? (And even if you actually didn't, they still don't have to know the truth. )

Again, just because one might get all dolled-up for Halloween, doesn't mean everybody now knows your entire CD'ing history, here. *You* know... but don't let that be officially known by everyone else -- unless, of course, you're ready & willing to do so orally, at that point?

I understand some of us have our differing opinions on this, but really, all I'm saying is try not to let your mind-set get in the way of your own self when it comes to you doing this.

Remember, it's just Halloween. People get dressed up in all kinds of crazy & fun stuff!

I agree with you Laura. Yes, some may question, but not EVERYONE. Back in 1982 I went to a costume party on a camp job in Venezuela where the management populace was from South America, Europe and the USA. I went totally dressed as a female with all the wives, mine included, of my company coworkers pitching in to help out, not just my costume but other husbands' and wives' too. They did a great job on me, making me look like an average woman. One of my co-workers dressed up as a trashy woman and his wife as a man in a suit. I used the women's restroom all night, never bought a drink and danced with everyone, including some of the Italian men. I even had a couple of the Italian wives come up and squeeze my boob to see if they were real. One of my best costume dress-ups ever. At the end of that fantastic evening, I said I have to do that again, which I never did until over 25 years later. You see, I had not ever thought about this until 2006. Did they think I was a crossdresser? No, not at all, including me!
    Last edited by AllieSF; 09-19-2016 at 05:08 PM.

Queen of Chinatown jennifer0918's Avatar
    You have a point

I think ppl should lighten up on the getting caught paranoia. It's Halloween and of course people get passes for their alteregos. My GF spends an inordinate amount of time getting every detail of her trampy and super sexy look perfect. She would never dress like that in any other context. The trick is to have fun with it.

If you go out worrying about being seen you'll more than likely have a deer in headlights look which would certainly attract attention. If you're out having fun you'll just be one of the crazy crowd. I say GO FOR IT!

I agree with AllieSF in that even if you make a decent attempt at passing, people aren't going to point fingers and assume you're a CDer.

I can't believe I'd forgotten this until just now. I know this isn't about Halloween but I think the circumstances are similar enough.

A good friend of my SO and I invited us to her Fancy Dress Eurovision Song Contest Party. We were informed that each person was to come up with a costume to suit the countries she would assign to everyone at random. My SO got Italy and I got Israel. Long story shorter after much banter and cajoling it was decided that I would attend as the winner of the contest from a year or two previously (Dana International).

Now to say my SO wasn't happy would be an understatement and in mild protest she went to the party with the Italian flag draped over her shoulders while I arrived in my normal civies with my costume in a plastic bag.

The other party goers were disappointed and I was hustled into a bedroom to change followed by two young men. These two turned out to be our hostesses nephew and his partner. She had assumed something like me backing out might happen so she had them there to help fix my make-up if needed. The guys were very quick but I was slightly disappointed that they only knew how to apply make-up 'Drag style' as they put it. Once alone I put on my cheap costume shop wig, fishnet bodystocking, sparkly top, matching skirt and peep toe heels (all borrowed from my SO) and went to join the party.

There has never been a suggestion either at the party or since about the possibilty of my being a CD.

Reality Check
    The subject of "pink fog" is often discussed on this forum. It's clear to me that many of the posters on this thread are suffering from it at the moment.

"long story shorter after much banter and cajoling it was decided that I would attend as the winner of the contest from a year or two previously (Dana International)." Do you all realize that Dana International is a MTF transsexual?

...many of the posters on this thread are suffering from it [the pink fog] at the moment.
    "Suffering" from the pink fog? I think most are rather enjoying it.

The subject of "pink fog" is often discussed on this forum. It's clear to me that many of the posters on this thread are suffering from it at the moment.

I've thought about this for a while before replying, and I beg to differ.

There have been times in my life where I wouldn't wear *anything* at least bit feminine in any way, for 6 months, a year, 2 years -- even 3.5 years.

No need, no wish, no desire. Yet plenty of opportunity.

And you know what? During those times, my views & response on something like this regarding Halloween would be exactly the same.

Has nothing to do with pink fog.

Of course, you're free to think & feel however you like. But I know in my case that I'm looking at this pretty darn objectively & honestly.