Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got my picture taken today

Got my picture taken today

I dont usually care if people take my picture because public photography is legal and if I go out then I know people may snap a photo. BUT, I was walking into the store today and had walked about 50 feet down the parking lot so this guy in a car had plenty of time to get his phone out and take a picture. He stopped driving and hung his phone out the window to do it and it was OBVIOUS what he was doing. As luck would have it, I just happened to have my phone in my hand and at the same time i seen him taking pictures, i noticed i had hit my camera icon and turned it on, so instead of going right and into the store, I made a sharp left and stepped right up to his window and snapped a few photos of him! He did NOT like this and quickly rolled up his window and sped off nearly running over other pedestrians. I laughed and laughed at how he was obviously embarrassed by his behavior and knowing he'd been caught. I believe that this is going to be my new response when people photograph me without my permission. Ill just get a few snapshots of them too.

And before anyone starts saying that its a good way to start a fight, I say so what. Why should I let people be rude to me because of the clothes I am wearing. Besides fighting a crossdresser is a lose lose situation for most men. If they win the fight, so what, people will say you beat up a "sissy" but if they lose the fight then they are the guy that got their arse kicked by a man in high heels. LOL

Nice work sweetie. Bet you gave his fantasy a little unexpected extra spice!

Turning something back on someone is a great response in my book.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I think what you did was a good response to this jerk but any of us should do so with a certain amount of caution. Just be aware of the situation you are in/facing.
    Crissy

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    You did fine in that situation now he is worried you might post his pic all over social media.
    I had a guy grab my shoulder as I walked out of a store as he was calling me names and I socked him hard grabbed his wrist and took him to the ground.
    I told this story here a while back.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 07-08-2019 at 11:31 AM.

hosekid: I think you did well in confronting this a&88^. A thought crossed my mind and wondered if this guy had an interest in you or thought you were a guy in a dress. Either way... good on you girl. That is the way I approach things when I'm out and about.

TraciiG. You get a ...you go girl for decking the guy. Words are one thing in my book, but putting hands on me is a no, no.

I’ll warn you that this won’t work with everybody.

Platinum Member
    It may not work with everyone.....nothing ever does. However, I think your approach was appropriate. You could always upload his picture to a local site alerting people to John's who pickup hookers. Just kidding??? Anyway I would also recommend if this occurs to anyone try to take a picture of his license plate. At least in my state a person can go down to Department of Motor Vehicles and get the registered owner's name and address.

Important point Micki, but hk's instincts were spot on. This guy now has himself to confront. Doubt there'll be much soul searching, but there's now a worm in his head!

Banned Read only
    I have been thinking the same thing. With Android phones you can even set them up so you can just shake your phone to launch the camera app.

That way you can grab it quickly out of your purse and shake it and it is ready.

I have had the picture taken a few times that I know of.

At the local dirt track, I'm there with friends supporting my friends husband. The two of us are walking back form the pits, this guy asks to take my picture. I said yes , My friend didn't like it.

This was at the bar, a guy asks to take my picture. I'm not feeling it, bad hair day. I say no and he takes it anyway. I start crying. My friends want to know what happened. I told them, well they lit into the guy. The bouncer asked me if he should throw the guy out. I said no, he came over and apologised.

Someone took pictures of me and sent them to the owner of the company I work for trying to get fired. It didn't work. I'm out, besides I grew up with these people.
    Last edited by Jean 103; 07-08-2019 at 10:14 AM.

It's great that he got a taste of his own medicine.

Stephanie's recommendation that you also photograph his license plate makes sense. It might help him to think about the can of worms he opened.

Banned Spammer
    Yeah Amy I draw the line at strangers putting their hands on me.
    The policeman that hauled him off said he was pretty embarrassed a "homo" laid him out with one punch and broke/sprained his wrist.
    I just reacted is what I told the policeman and said I totally understand.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 07-08-2019 at 11:32 AM.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I'm not a TS. So, when I go out dressed it's with the intention of BEING photographed!
    Usually, just by me. But, occasionally Muggles will want a photo of or with me. I'm flattered!

Would I want someone taking pics of me at Walmart? No! But, that's only one reason I rarely go to vanilla venues dressed. I don't enjoy stress. And, no one wants pics of a homely old man!

I think hose kid handled it quite well!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    Hosekid ,
    First of all taking pictures of strangers in public isn't legal without their permission , that's infringing their human rights .

Did you do the right thing ? Well maybe but he still had the pictures to do as he wished with , which is the basic issue for any TG person out in public . Getting into a physical confrontation isn't a good idea the outcome may be more serious than you suggest , sadly some people don't always live to tell the tale !

OK some suggest you can also do what you wish with his pictures but outing him won't have the same impact as him outing you if you're still not totally out to everyone .
    Last edited by Teresa; 07-08-2019 at 11:53 AM.

Hosekid,
    As far as I know, and without a law or signage to the contrary, taking a picture in public is legal. If a stranger ends up on that image, oh well.

Correct me if I am wrong but someone can be standing on a public street and take a picture of a stranger through an open window in the living room of their private resistance without consequences.

Just don't publish the pictures.

Banned Spammer
    There is no way they can "police" someone taking pictures in public Teresa.
    Its totally legal to take pics of anyone or anything except maybe a military installation.
    I wouldn't worry about that guy because if he posts pics you can out him just as a CD admirer.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 07-08-2019 at 12:11 PM.

Albuquerque, NM (SE of there in mountain foothills)
    A Model / Media Release form should (must?) be signed if your photograph is intended to be published by the photographer. Applies for someone that is easily recognized in the photo; folks in the back-ground or just passing by not so.

Such a legal gray area now with the ease of posting photos on the Internet.

At some point a person taking your picture without permission is harassing you and that person could be charged for that.
    Crissy

As Tracii said above Teresa, here in the USA if you are out in the public other people can take your picture. As a courtesy, many news programs ask your permission before taking your pictures up close. However, when doing street interviews they never stop filming when people walk behind the person being interviewed unless they stop there and start interfering with the interview. As far as I know, people cannot take your picture and use it for commercial reason without your permission.

Platinum Member
    In Washington State there is no expectation of privacy in public. You can take all the pictures you want. It is illegal to record someone's voice...two party consent state...unless the circumstances suggest the person has waived privacy. If you get on a soap box and preach there is no privacy. There are some narrow exceptions. Also, you cannot use someone's image for personal gain without permission.

Banned Read only
    Steph is right, in Washington state up to only like 5 years ago it was perfectly legal to take "up skirt" photos of GG's in public as there is no expectation of privacy in a public place.

They actually had to make a special law just to outlaw "up skirt" photos.

Every year they have an contest/exhibition of Gingerbread houses around Christmas here. A few years ago a registered sex offender was seen taking pictures of children during this exhibition, and that caused a big ruckus. Even though he was a registered pedophile there was nothing anyone could do to legally stop him from taking pictures of children in a public place at a public event.
    Last edited by Robertacd; 07-08-2019 at 02:00 PM.

I was once being approached by a film crew as I went to lay flowers at the site of a murder.

I just shook my head to indicate I did not want to be interview and they stop filming immediately.

Which I took to mean they would not be using the footage especially under the circumstances.

I don't believe the taking pictures is illegal. What you do with them after that might be.
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Platinum Member
    To add to Roberta at #22 there was another instance of a different creep/offender taking pictures of young kids playing organized baseball. Sickening.

Teresa, I'm a little surprised at your claim, you being a photographer and all.
    Taking pics without permission is NOT illegal on either side of the Atlantic.
    Even photographs for publication are largely untouched. Photos on private property are, naturally, another thing but hosekid was well within her rights as was the creep.

Personally I say good for you, OP. Even if you do nothing with the pictures you took it's a hood way to cause a pause in the creep's thinking. He might, possibly, reflect on him not liking the worries he's going to have about what you may do with your snaps. Maybe. We can hope.
    Well played, in any case.