Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask-a-gg

I am new here I don't understand the nomenclature what is a GG and so on . . . ?

Artsitdreamer, have a look at this post:

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post2636748
    Reine

Banned Read only
    Hello Ladies I have a few fashion type questions for you all. When is a skirt/dress too short for you and when did become that?

First, to level set, as we are all different heights and widths, let's go with fingertip length as our baseline.

1) Is fingertip length too short for you?
    2) Was it always that way?
    3) If not always that way, what age did it become to short for you?
    4) Whether you wear this length or not, where is this length appropriate to wear? Casual dining? Formal dining? Movies? Theatre? etc.
    5) Where do you find your comfortable length today? (x cm/inches above kneecap or y cm/inches below fingertip)

Thanks,

I don't know what fingertip length is. Is it 1/2", or 1"?

A hemline became too short for me only after I observed signs of aging. Although I wear a size medium (at 5'9), over time my knees developed fat deposits (my SO thinks I am crazy), and I can see that my upper legs jiggle a bit when I walk. My muscles used to be toned. So because I don't like how my knees look and I don't like the jiggle, I feel more comfortable wearing skirts that hit at the knee. But, if I'm wearing opaque tights that hide everything, then I can go shorter by a few inches.

In the summer when it is too hot to worry about anything, instead of wearing shorts that are considerably above the knee I don't worry too much if the skirt hits 2 inches above. But, this is for casual day wear and I wear the shorter skirts (cotton casual) with flats. The shorter the hemline, the flatter the shoes for me. I will wear high heels with knee length hemlines or longer (or with pants) if I am dressing up to go somewhere.

As I approach my 60s, I feel increasingly uncomfortable dressing like a young woman. A lot of styles that are shorter are in my eyes more suitable for women in their 20s and 30s than women my age. It doesn't mean I cannot be stylish, I certainly don't dress like a grandma, but in my opinion there is a time and place for everything. I had my days of walking around showing off my legs. lol. I'm just not there any more. I'll leave the wolf whistles to the younger crowd.

Last, I'm tall for a woman and have a long torso, which makes a lot of sized 'regular' hemlines shorter on me than they are intended, which I notice is often the case with CDers. I shop for women's tall clothing when I can.
    Reine

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    I don't know what fingertip length is.
    sorry, I thought this was a standard term:-). if you were holding your arms straight down and fingers straight the bottom of your skirt would meet there

Oh, OK. lol. I'm from a different country, maybe that's why I'm not familiar with the term.

Anyway, I just stood up to check it out. Fingertip length is way too short for me. But then I guess it depends on how long a person's arms are in relation to their torso. On me, fingertip length is about 6-8 inches above my knee, which makes the hemline more than halfway up the upper part of my leg!
    Reine

GG/SO of a CD
    Well my answer to this isn't fair. I wear whatever length I want because I am only 5 feet tall. Things are rarely ever too short. But I would say i need to be able to bend over modestly when picking something up. I am age privileged for this, no one blinks an eye at what I wear.
    ~Greenie

Supportive wife to a wonderful man who just so happens to like to be fabulous some times.

Fingertip length is too short for me, because I have a substantial booty and with that length of skirt if I bend over even the tiniest amount it shows my underwear and I don't like that. It's always been too short, although I did try to wear a skirt that length once. My mom was super shocked when she saw that.

If you can bend over flat without showing off your underwear, it's good to be worn in non-work situations. Just keep in mind that when your skirt is really short it rides up the backs of your legs when you sit down, which means you are basically putting naked legs and such where other people have had their naked legs.

I would say wear what makes you feel happy, comfortable and doesn't make it look like you forgot to put on pants.

So happy for this thread!

Hey all! Wow...I cannot believe I've never seen this thread! Lol! I'm so happy and thankful that there are some understanding GG's to help girls like me! So my one question is what are 3 things that every crossdresser should never overlook when dresssing to pass?
    <3<3 AlExA <3<3

<3 Boys will be girls <3

Don't overdress or attempt to dress too sexy for your age and venue, not too much makeup (do put on makeup to mask male features but try to make it look as if you are not wearing any), and either wear a decent wig or grow your own hair. Also, take care to not have too large breast forms or hip pads ... try to maintain an average GG's bust:waist:hip ratio rather than the ideal or the imagined.

Good luck!
    Reine

Makeup, Good Foundation and concealer, so that it does look natural, lipstick.
    Outfits that make you feel good, fit properly , and your comfortable in...whether its leggins and nikes, or a dress & heels
    Hair, growing yr own We found w/ Kimmi has made a huge difference , no more wigs. If a wig, a very natural real looking one, or try Extensions for an even more natural look!
    Stacie

The ladies gave great answers on looking natural not extreme except at a club .
    So I will talk about Not over looking looking confident..... The worst thing you can do is act all nervous and look around to see if someone is looking. Dead give away for people to take a second look ( which will make you even more nervous )
    So the ones first going out/ hold your head high and own it.
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

Girl underconstruction Paulette's Avatar
    When shopping for the perfect length dress or skirt, once you are in a dressing room and need to leave to get another size what do you do with your purse?
    Just and older girl trying to experience all that life can bring.
    "Life is not a dress rehearsal"

I bring it with me.

Same thing for gym locker rooms. If I'm not renting a locker with a lock, I bring my purse with me. Would you leave your wallet in an unlocked locker in the locker room?
    Reine

Banned Read only
    For all GG, well I have a rare feeling, maybe is normal in hetero crossdressers, I get excited when I feel more feminine that a GG, I love change rolls, you know like the fact that I like to think that a GG is more masculine that I.
    its not she needs to be very masculine, I mean she can be a normal femenine GG but I get excited that even then Im more femenine, more delicade.
    Once In a fight with mi ex girldfried she tell me: you're like the girl in the relacionship! Obviosly she want to ofend, but I get so excited!! What do you think GG????

Quote Originally Posted by Ninna View Post
    I get excited when I feel more feminine that a GG, I love change rolls, you know like the fact that I like to think that a GG is more masculine that I.
    You're not the only one. I can't tell you how many times I've read this same sentiment expressed in the forum. I suppose everyone's tastes are different though. We are all attracted to particular characteristics in people (for example some people like blondes while others prefer brunettes, some people like skinny women while others prefer a woman with curves). But, it makes sense that some CDers would have a preference for partners and friends who make them feel more feminine.

I personally prefer men with long hair. This dates back to my teenage years in the 1970s, where guys with long hair were considered radical or rebels because they bucked the system. But a good female friend prefers men with short hair. She might prefer people who are less dissenting.
    Reine

This may have already been answered upthread and if it has, I apologize. Is there a good resource for what style tops go with what style bottoms. My fav color is blue but should I expand by wardrobe selection choices to pink, etc.? Right now, I have to be very discreet due to my living situation before Danielle is allowed to come out full time.
    I'm a nice Jewish girl.

I'm not a girl, Not yet a woman.

There are no hard and fast rules. It all depends on your body type and the style or "look" you want to achieve (dressy, casual, dressy-casual, sporty, classic, punk or any number of styles there are out there). It's important to make sure that the tops and pants fit you properly and hit your body in their intended spots (for example don't buy a top that is supposed to hit at the hip but only goes down to your waist). Color and fabric coordination are also important but the rules for this are too varied and subjective for me to try to explain what clashes and what doesn't.

As to color preference, wear any color you like and that suits your skin tone: pink, blue, orange, olive, yellow, black, green, purple, and any of the hundreds of shades within each color, it doesn't really matter. None of us can advise you on color because we cannot see how the specific color looks on your skin tone.
    Reine

Living the Dream Nikki Elle Wife's Avatar
    My favorite resources are tried and true fashion magazines. I also try to look at what the window dressers put together in the stores. Finally, after lots of years of trial and error, I just know what looks good on me. Accentuate your best features and you will feel good in what you are wearing. Mine are thighs and breasts, so a lot of v-neck shirts and mid-thigh skirts/dresses are in my closet. Of course a combo of both is an instant favorite. Color/pattern wise, unfortunately plaid is all the rage at the moment.....

Hi everyone.I am so glad this is here
    I have a question that ive been wondering but didnt have anyone to ask until now.
    I got out of a serious relationship a little over a year ago and havent dated or been with anyone since then but I am starting to want to again. I didnt start to CD until after me and the last girl broke up so it is completely new territory to me. My problem doesnt lie in how to tell a girl when I start dating her because once I start dating I will not be doing this but with 2 exceptions... Over the past months I started to really really love thigh high/over the knee socks(i only own black or gray but many variations of each lol) and boyshorts of all kinds(the seamless/supersoft cotton ones being my favorite followed by the practical non revealing ones) and I wear both of these things under my normal clothes more days than i dont, and Usually wear them at the same time(matching of course though lol). I only wear pants since I am tall and skinny so its not noticeable unless im pantless. So my question is basically what if you just started dating a guy and he was wearing OTN/thigh-high socks and boyshorts, and would it be better if I didnt do it at all or just not the first time, etc?? Would it be a minor or major thing for you?
    ty for your time if you read this.
    lol
    Beauty is a curse.

Given what I know now, it would be a minor thing although I'd expect the CDing to expand eventually.

If I had never been exposed to this community and started dating a guy who wore what you describe, I'd think it was odd and I'd be anxious to hear his explanation, although I'd suspect it was some sort of fetish. My reaction would depend on how well I tolerate fetish.
    Reine

I like to be as feminine as I can in everything. Except sex. I'm straight. I like needlearts, girlie movies, even stereotypical stuff like housework. I'd like to have some online gg friends who I could correspond with regularly. So basically my question is would any of you like to write, and also, does anybody know where I could put an ad to find woman who like that I crossdress? I'm even thinking about normal dating sites, but nearly everything seems to be location specific, and I only want to do online for now. I've also thought about penpal sites but haven't found any decent ones. I can't crossdress as often as I'd like as my wife is not keen on the idea. Please let me know, it gets kinda lonely always hiding it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="3"]Trying to hide my girliness a little less everyday, all suggestions appreciated. Check out my cardigans, and my wishlist ones, here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/8842813@N06/[/SIZE]

I'm responding because I hate for your query to go unanswered, but frankly I've no idea where you could meet GGs for strictly online interaction. There aren't many GG members in this forum and even then, the GGs here tend to join not because they want to befriend and help other CDers out, but because they are in relationships, have recently found out about their SOs, and need support. You could try dating sites or Craig's List, but as you say, the GGs there are likely wanting to meet men they can date or be friends with in person.

I don't know of any discussion forums strictly for GGs who want to interract with CDers for the sheer pleasure of it. Sorry.
    Reine

Most if not. All Ggs are here to support/ love their loved ones. So highly doubt anyone will know. where you can talk to Ggs.
    Also if. Your wife is not so keen ( your words) she sure would not be keen you talking to other women.
    I hope maybe you can talk to your wife... That is my hope for you. Best wishes.
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

Wearing a bra

Hello ladies-

My question is one of the overall experience of being female day-to-day. I hear a lot of women say they can't stand wearing bras, and you'll see in the forums here that most of us love them because of the connection to femininity. One of my friends believes that a bra is one of the least feminine parts of her wardrobe because they are not comfortable to her.

What are the like to wear when you have your own breasts supported? Is it more comfortable with or without? How much thought goes into selecting a bra each morning?