Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What inspires you, what drives you forward.?

What inspires you, what drives you forward.?

I have thought long and hard and pondered often about this subject.
    First of all what drives me forward? my life that I now have, the friends I have here but also the obligation to support as others have supported me. But not forgetting why I am here. I am here because I have found a reason to live, to live in a feminine world in which I am happy and comfortable with. knowing that deep down there is no reason for self criticism as to the why and the what for. No one should criticise themselves because what drives one is the need for (at least for me) fulfilment in being totally en femme and feeling god at the same time as being content with oneself.
    What inspires me? reading about all the sisters here who have reached a plateau way beyond me with poise and elegance. Displaying all that we/I look towards to try and achieve that level of femininity that some, me included dream of. Seeing photos of all the sisters here inspires me to move forward. It would be impolite to single out any one in particular but the levels of femininity reached.
    Can I reach that high level of femininity? only time can tell.
    But I will say this much, just being here is inspiration in itself! Where would I be without the feelings I have here? I care not to put those into words suffice to say that just the inspiration of being here is enough to drive me on wrapped up in a safe community that knows me and I know them. I love you all.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Well said Bobbi I feel the same way.
    This site helped me to understand who I am and for that I m grateful.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    While I understand what you mean Bobbie for me I can't say this part of me that I've accepted because of this place drives
    me, mostly because I have other things in my life that drive me further such as my faith. I can say I've learned a lot here
    I've learned to accept others as they are and not to be critical of those who are different.
    I've always hopped that if I can be positive to those here who have suffered and dealt with the many issues we as CD or Trans folks do then I can be happy that I've somehow made a contribution here and maybe that's my drive for being
    here at least
    Rachael Leigh

Platinum Member
    Perhaps its my upbringing, my own demon, or some other character disorder, but I really don't think self criticism is a bad thing. Self awareness begins with perceiving oneself as perhaps others might see us, and seeing/acknowledging shortcomings...whatever these might be. I think that the downside is setting oneself up for failure by aspiring to the unatttainable. I know I cannot fly, at least without an aircraft, (or a lot of thrust from some external source). Similarly, I KNOW i can't attain a "high level of femininity). I can only do so much and if I impose a higher standard on myself or others, I'm doing that same damned destructive thing that society does to women who seemingly fall short of "ideal"

that being said, I need to add in fairness, that this site doesn't compel me to be what I am, but it certainly has helped me see that, regardless of outward appearances, this "thing" is a part of many of us, and many of us are seeking to cope with it...at varying degrees of success. Any mistakes, any misjudgment, any excesses are strictly my own responsibility.
    Last edited by kimdl93; 06-23-2017 at 05:31 PM.

This is a most wonderful place! Full of support for all! I do not believe that I want a "high" level of femininity! I am a plus size old woman! I do not want the beauty queen look! I want the small daily things! Like I just PMed some one here, to look down at my fingernail polish against my female jeans! There is just a certain feeling that occurs! Small things! This place and the members here inspire me and I will move on on my journey and grow into ...the real me...whoever that is! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

The main thing that drives me is as I said the life I have now ( not just connected with dressing) post divorce and other things outside of this forum. But within this community of ours is where for me a new level of lifestyle has been found.
    And support of others is as important as having support for oneself. Each element of where I am and where everybody else is also close to my heart. The world I find myself in now is one to be cherished and cared for whether for myself or for others.
    inspiration comes in many forms, from friends either here or in my case down the road for example, but in connection with dressing as is obvious my inspiration comes from within our community.
    Inspiration and drive also combine to make lifestyle a much better thing.

Bobbi, I have often wondered which of the two in your avatar represents you. Your thoughts are interesting. The old Chinese saying, "woman who walk down middle of road get hit by truck going both ways," sort of sums up where I have landed. Like you, this place affords a bit of sanctuary to survive the trucks. If 1941 was not my birth year, it is hard to say how things would have turned out. But as I learned from an early age, things got suppressed early, so now living "between" is the best place one get can get for me. You, on the other hand, can move further ahead. It really is enjoyable to see where many of you are going. I wish you all happiness and successes.

Existential Dread, General Anxiety, Faith, My wife, the never ending quest for personal growth, therapy for grief, anxiety, depression. Overall just trying to find the whole me hidden in all the dark corners throughout the years. All of course with 1 parts hope 1 part love 1 part faith 1 part Murphy kicking down every door when least expected.

For me after a couple of close brushes with death due to health issues I've started to focus more on the journey and not the destination. So far it has been working for me. This forum gives me a safe space to interact with people that share a common bond. And that too adds to the drive I would have to say.

Not sure if this really makes sense because well I don't really understand it myself, but I feel that what drives me to move forward is learning and experiencing new things. There are just way too many things i've yet to experience, so many questions I still have that hasn't been answered. I thinks its the wonder of seeing what I encounter next in my life is whats driving me to keep moving on.

Laura, to answer your question about my avatar think the part of me is the puppy asking for love and comfort.
    How much further i can move forward remains to be seen. I think in a way we are all in between something or another (the drab and the en femme) my hope is to be totally out one day, when that day will come I cannot say. My journey is slowly progressing that is partly what drives me on. The inspiration comes from those that have moved much further on than where I am at right now. Appreciation of what one has also helps with getting to where one wants to go.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Yoshisaur
    Some of the answers you seek will be found with us all here, you say you don't really understand it yourself but if you rethink it all you will understand where you are coming from and where you are going to. The going to is the drive we all we need the inspiration comes from those that have shown us the way and helps to point one in the right direction.
    Being here helped me ti find my right direction.
    Eveva,
    Yes its also the common bond that we all have here. A safe and secure place to be and not to be judged.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    To me joining this forum was a real eye opener, after spending so long in isolation I suddenly found there were people out there just like me, lots of them. I have been inspired by some of the great looking members we have, and as a result I have tried to attain a better level of femininity for myself. We don't always agree with each other, but we share that common bond which for many can't be shared anywhere else. I love reading peoples stories and seeing their pictures, I have friends and have exchanged messages with several members, where for decades before there was nothing. People have spoken of being on a journey, well I am on one too, and right now I don't which way it is going, but being here will help me on my way.
    Last edited by DIANEF; 06-23-2017 at 06:42 PM.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

I suppose if you look at it one way this forum is what drives us forward but there will always be that inner unspoken thought that desire or drive whatever you want to call it that will propel you forward to your goal. This forum is just the catalyst that is needed to help give us that drive forward. The exchange of thoughts and explanations and ideas that help us on the voyage of discovery. I think all of us here in one way and another provide inspirations for others either by threads, posts or by PM.
    Diane, you talk of a common bond that is one thing and a very strong thing which binds us all together. This common bond that you speak of is also a driver of what I/we cherish here.

Nothing in particular really. I just do what I choose to do.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

What Inspires me..... The people on this forum. The brave ones, the timid ones, the SO's &the GG's, the pathfinders and the trailblazers. Those who can, and those that wish they could.

And yes, I mean you, and you, and especially, YOU!
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

I think we all need inspiration in one form or another in that inspiration provides ambition which in itself turns to drive to move forward. I am on a journey of discovery like many others to reach the ultimate end that we are striving to reach. A position of satisfaction and pleasure in achieving that aim.
    Everybody here are the inspirationers , the drivers the providers for what I/we seek. The answers to be found and to be given. After all of that what are we left with? we are left with companionship, friendship and a mutual trust brought about by the safety of being her, if you like cosseted by this forum but also with the freedom to express our concerns and worries and to find an answer to that which troubles some of us.
    But the main inspiration for me comes from being here among all the sisters here. I cannot think of a better place to be.
    This forum inspired me to get over some dark moments in my life but the inspiration continued to envelope my desire to achieve the best degree of femininity within my grasp. The drive to do this comes with the inspiration. The need to be feminine to emulate feminism as far as possible.
    I don't mean that we should push ourselves as hard and fast as we can towards that ultimate goal that would bring with it stress, I certainly could do without that but to be inspired by someone/something is the way forward.
    As my journey continues on this path I feel a greater degree of contentment as dressing slowly and steadily occupies more of my life and brings about it a certain calmness, a feeling of being at peace with everything around me.

I won't say this forum drives me forward but it has and does give me the confidence and support to progress and present a more femme me when out and about. Phrases such as "Owning your space", "Being confident", "Hold your head up" have enabled me to go out and loose (nearly all) my self consciousness.

As others have supported me I hope I'm able to pass on what I've learned and there is in truth a degree of satisfaction when you read someone's post about that first step out and you hope you played a part, albeit in some small way.

So perhaps a little belatedly I should thank all those who, over the past years, have helped me along on my journey. You are all wonderful.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

I think it's just the girl in me when dressed I just feel right. Just wish I could go full time but that can't happen.
    Angie

To go full time is still a dream for me, as it must also be to some of you and for some it will be just a dream. For me it is a hope one day. As Helen has said being confident and holding your head up is half the battle won and thus one moves forward.

This site showed me that I am not alone and that we all are looking for our own satisfaction. As far as inspiration, it is trying to come up with a level of comfort between my two sides and hopefully eventually have the two sides become one. Where this will lead to at this point, I'm not sure, but I think if I was born 40 years later I'd probably be living as a woman. To much water under the bridge, too many responsibilities to go all the way, but I have been drifting slowly to the pink side.

Aspiring Member
    Self knowledge drives me and my Spirituality. I seek peace.

Drifting to the pink side is a lovely way to put it. Drifting suggests a slow pleasant journey of evolvement. To have inspiration is a means to enable the drifting to arrive at a point at which one wants to be or where one feels comfortable with being. To take your words I am still drifting to the pink side but in a more deeper meaningful sense of depth.

"Drifting to the pink side". I now have a mental picture of Obi-Wan Kenobi in heels.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

I loved that one, Helen! LOL Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

I was inspired to come here to share what I learned about crossdressing, because it was so hard to find the information. It took me decades to figure myself out. Nothing drives me forward. I just lean in that direction, and put my feet forward so I don't fall over.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

That's an interesting point actually, does that meant that Obi-WAN Kenobi is the true source of our inspiration? LoL
    All this time I thought it was ourselves inspiring each other and getting inspiration elsewhere also. In a way it is a slow projection (drift) towards one ultimate goal and a journey that I don't suppose any body completed in a rapid manner. My evolvement was and is slow and gentle and continues at just the right speed. Shangri la here we come, in time of course.
    In the meantime I have an appointment with Obi-Wan Kenobi!!!