Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: hiding your clothes?

Many years ago I also hid my things, I was embaressed if someone found me out. I hid from my wife who I love and loves me. I did not trust her with the secret that really defined who I am as a person.

I found myself bringing my things out more and more in the open, allowing her to see, or find. I would put my panties in my under ware drawer, do the laundry and fold all my clothes out to be seen. Of course this was done on a very gradual time line, but it was me saying I want you to be a part of my life, I did not want to live in a secret. Of course, that also forced my hand in coming clean with my wife about who I was, but that was such a cleansing conversation!!!

Do others feel that hiding your clothes thus also your identity is cheating yourself. I mean I feel so much better after coming out to my wife and family. No more hiding, I feel better about who I am, cause I don't feel like I am living a lie. Do others feel that way?

Jenny, yes there are others that feel the way you do. I came out to my wife when I realized I was never going to "OUT GROW IT". I did so just because I knew I didn't want to spend the rest of my live hiding who I was in my own home. It was scary, I knew the risk was great, but I just could not live a lie the rest of my life, I'm just not that good ay keeping secrets anyway.
    Last edited by Tina B.; 01-29-2011 at 11:35 AM.

I came out to my wife about a year and a half ago, since then we both have shoe storage hangers "hers & hers" that hang in the middle; wifes clothes on her side of the shoe hanger and my fem clothes on my side. Nice not to hide and she borrows my jeans -- makes it easy for both of us !

Old boxes from moving in??? That's what I used...

living alone don't need to hide but sure got ideas today

Platinum Member
    I'm out, so I don't have to hide. I'll echo what I'm sure you've already heard so many times that you can't stand it: Hide, but expect to be discovered eventually, so begin thinking about how you will explain this to your SO. Or start planning now on how you will tell her before she finds out on her own.

In a box(locked) in the loft from my old mobile disco days and an old biefcase for you've guessed it my briefs.

No more hiding for me for a long time, but I did do some hiding in cardboard boxes in the garage. It is a man's place "LOL" so my wife stayed out.

My wife knows and accepts but the child doesn't know, so my stuff is stored in nylon zippered duffel bags on a shelf in the closet.

I try and fit all my stuff in a small duffel bag. It's hard! Like every time I buy something I have to give something I have to the salvation army. Of course, not all clothes are created equal as far as how much space they take up. For this reason I have a whole bunch of thin, short-sleeved blouses, since one of them only takes up about as much space as an apple when it's all folded up. Shoes and boots are the hardest to make room for, so I only have one pair of each.

I'm kind of transient so I have to keep my collection in the trunk of my car, thus the small duffel bag. I mean, if I didn't keep my clothes purchases in check, I'd quickly run out of space in my car! I hide my stuff from my friends, but mostly from my parents, whose house I still live part-time at.
    Last edited by Valerie Nova; 01-27-2011 at 03:53 PM.

I still live at home so the parents and my brother. I hidden stuff everywhere from under the bed to behind books in book cases to at the bottom of the my draws. I dont have any dresses or clothing just yet. Just a few one pieces well alot of one pieces. Anyway they are hidden everywhere at the moment in all the places. I got found out once and i said it was my girl friends she left at home one time. But i was detirmined to get another one to replace it end up buying 3 whoops need more self control!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Marge View Post
    I still live at home so the parents and my brother. I hidden stuff everywhere from under the bed to behind books in book cases to at the bottom of the my draws. I dont have any dresses or clothing just yet. Just a few one pieces well alot of one pieces. Anyway they are hidden everywhere at the moment in all the places. I got found out once and i said it was my girl friends she left at home one time. But i was detirmined to get another one to replace it end up buying 3 whoops need more self control!!!
    No! Bad idea! The more different places you hide stuff in, the more likely one of those hiding places will be discovered! I would recommend a suitcase with a built-in lock if it wouldn't look odd. When I was in high school I built a wooden box that could be fitted with a padlock that I kept under my bed. I didn't actually keep any clothes in it though, it was just for stuff I wanted to keep out of the hands of my younger siblings. Plus, if your parents are concerned about your sexuality, well, going out in the garage with your power tools and some wood and building something is one of the most masculine things you can do!

Over the years, I have had a plethora of hiding places. I started out with clothes mixed in my regular clothes until my mom found them and I told her they must have been mixed up in the laundry. I then started hiding them under my nightstand draw until my sister moved my nightstand and found them. I used the between the mattresses trick until I went into the Marine Corps. From there, I used the trunk of my car and then when I was married, I just wore my wife's clothes until I came out to her. My second marriage, I went back to the nightstand trick until I had too much stuff and then started hiding them in a duffle bag in the attic. I carried that into my current marriage until I grew tired of climbing up and down the ladder to get them so I put them in a box in the cupboard above my workbench in the garage. Now that I am out to my wife, I have two lingerie drawers that my wife knows about and stays out of and the rest of Christy's belongings are in plastic storage tubs in the bed of my truck. I have a tonneau to keep out the weather, critters and theives. It is a pain but at least I don't purge anymore.

I used to hide them under the bottom drawer or high up in the airing cupboard. Since I came clean they are hanging in my wardrobe. My makeup bag lives next to hers. It's the most amazing feeling. Good luck x

After i go for a dip in the bath in a swimsuit and if there is washing out and the family is away i hang them with the rest of the washing on the clothes line. Gotta have good ears though when they come back though. Otherwise i air dry them behind a book case that is big enough that they dont notice at all.

General nuisance AliceJaneInNewcastle's Avatar
    These days, my clothes are all over the place. Hanging in the wardrobe where my wife borrows them from, hanging in a spare wardrobe, in plastic storage boxes, in the ironing basket, etc.

The last couple of years when I lived with my parents, I had 2 wardrobes in my room. One was a small lockable one, the other was not lockable. The lockable one ended up crammed with my girl stuff, including a long wig on a stand.

Earlier still, I hid things in various places. The one that might be most useful as a suggestion is that I had a set of bookshelves that had a gap between them and the wall. One end was accessible with the bedroom door closed but with the door open, as it was when anybody else came into my room, the door hid the gap entirely. I bent the hook on a wire coat hanger to fit flat on the top of the bookshelves so that the hanger fitted between the bookshelves and the wall. I hung a dress on the hanger and put a dry cleaning plastic cover over it. It worked quite well.

Before my daughters moved in my stuff was all over the place. The good thing was that my wife was full figured and I am quite a bit slimmer so there was no problem knowing who's was who's. Now that my daughters have moved in all of my clothing, wigs and makeup are down in my "woman's cave" where I spend 90% of my time and can hear anyone coming down. I loved the "false wall" idea and if I get on another shopping spree, I may have to use it. Or maybe the daughters will get their own place soon and I can get my closet and dresser back.
    If the clothes make the man then the makeup makes the woman.

I have been chartered by my wife to build a closet in the basement, a place to move seasonal things because we have small closets in the bedroom. Therefore, the false wall is going to be a part of my project

Here's an idea a friend gave me and don't laugh until you hear me out. If you don't have a lot of stuff, you can rent a locker at a bowling alley for like 25 bucks a year! You can store your stuff in a bowling bag and take it in an out without ever drawing suspection, but for the love of humanity don't rent their shoes (even though they go with anything LOL) How's that!?

Yeah, I need to hide my clothing so my wife don't wear them! sometimes we are on our way out and..there she is!! Wearing one of my blouses, I told her I will start hiding them if she doesn't quit that..lol

Love, Ericka
    She's back

Well, I used empty speaker boxes in the back of the attic, the old "box in the trunk of the car", behind the tools in the garage and lots more till I just got tired of hiding and came out to my spouse. Now they just hang in the closet or in the lingerie chest that she suggested I build for myself.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

My fem wardrobe is hidden all over in different areas of our house and garage. At first wifey was ok with my cd'ing and I had a closet all to myself. Years later she wanted me 'cured' and demanded I get rid of all of my clothes, etc. I didn't so I had to find various places to hide everything. What a job that was. She still hasn't found anything but I guess its only a matter of time. (sigh)

Silver Member
    Well I used to have awful trouble and I did such an amazing job of hiding it so well, I used to spend ages doing it and there was no way my SO would be able to find my little secret - WRONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG - she found them and outed me, we had a short discussion about it and she hasn't mentioned it since but now I use my normal drawers to keep stuff in but in deference to my wife I put my female things under my man things just so as not to rub her nose in it

But boy does it make it easier now

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta Marie View Post
    I don't have this problem anymore, since I came out to my wife about 3 1/2 years ago.
    Ditto, except, I came out right from the start.

I tried using a speaker cabinet to hide my puny PH stash in through high school.. I now use a tote box for most of my clothes, and just like someone earlier said some of my clothes are hidden in plain sight.. Some are just right there, look you can see them.. if you look closely..
    This is what I mean by "every guy can look like a girl from the right angles".. this is one of the first pictures of me dressed up.. very vague look.. almost fem...

i don't have that problem anymore.my wife uses my clothes and i use hers.but i have better clothes that she does.
    janielatb: I'm in love with the person inside me.