Thread: Laser on the face hurts so bad what to do?

Laser on the face hurts so bad what to do?

About one month ago I decided to do laser. They did my back: didn't hurt too bad one treatment and so far no hair at all! Sweet!

Then the face: my body hair is very light blonde but my face is dark enough for laser I guess. First off they didn't tell me it was going to hurt at all just said "sensitive" so I though OK you get a sun burn the next day. No it was more like fire on my face and I was starting to cry by the end. They also said it would be like my back only having to shave patches once a month (after the first of probably a few treatments). Nope. Had to shave each day but I can see circles the shape of the laser in less growth patches.

I don't know if I can do that again. Can you do electrolysis instead? The HRT is working really well on body hair but only slows down the face( five oclock shadow 2 days later instead of 8 hours, but still I tried not shaving for 4 days and it didnt look good at all) I like the rest of me but body/face hair is my dysphoria so this absolutely has to get resolved.

Im not going back to that place and it wasn't some shit clinic it was 180$($200 for men and had to tell them I wasn't paying mens prices to which the girl replied "yeah but your not female right now". If she wasn't holding a powerful laser and 50$ of my money and 2 hours time I would have told her off. Thats for each "area" which is equal to half the chest or just the face at a plastic surgeon. Said it was a NdYAG laser: Neodynium Yttrium argon gas laser with out puts in IR and green spectrum if you are wondering. NdYAG lasers are not something new/fancy you can watch people play with/build them in their garages on youtube so they must be making a killing off that price.

Oh then they handed me the bill with the option of 20%30%or 50% tip! No option for not a tip until I told them I wasn't paying extra since they already got me for 50$ consultation fee that I didn't know about. A ****ing tip at a doctors office for something that costs 1000$ an hour? **** you.
    [COLOR="#800080"]Visit my *NEW site with pictures and not much (it's still new, lots to come) more!

I cancelled my appointment for laser due to finances! Mine was $180 from side burn to side burn and $85 for both lips! I decided I need to be in a better financial situation for this to happen! I will just continue to shave for now! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Lexi, you need a second opinion. My four facial laser treatments were around 1000. One touch up about a year later was 80. The person who does the laser (and electrolysis) told me that tipping is not the norm in most offices. She has two in two different cities and one at the medical center. As for pain, yes it smarts especially around the lips. There is a topical numbing they can use but it is of minimal help. You might be able to get a prescription for an ointment which will help better. The good news is that with decrease in hair follicles, the pain does go down some. Electrolysis is not pain free either. It just comes in tiny little doses. It takes a real woman to do this.
    Last edited by Rianna Humble; 04-24-2018 at 10:01 AM.

a facial anaesthetic cream 1 hour before, put cling film over the top to keep it damp, does wonders.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Hi Lexi,

I've done both IPL and Electrolysis on the face and yes they both hurt. Laser would not be any different is my guess.

What I found though is the following.

1) Location of treatment on the face makes a HUGE difference. Top lip hurts way more that cheek or neck.
    2) While both IPL and Electrolysis hurt, IPL is only 3 "shots" on the top lip while Electrolysis is hundreds. 3 quick shots while they bring tears, is easier to handle than an hour of individual needles.
    3) Topical creams, as Pamela suggested, make a HUGE difference. They come in different strengths from 2% to 10%, I use a 10% version on the top lip/nose as that area is VERY sensitive, and while I sometime still end up with a tear or two, I'm not putting holes in the ceiling from jumping off the table. A large difference to going with nothing at all.

Hope this helps
    Peta
    Last edited by Rianna Humble; 04-25-2018 at 01:56 AM. Reason: We don't discuss OTC medication and we don't make recommendations for prescription items
    WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum posts both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal action.

Quote Originally Posted by LexiNexi View Post
    The HRT is working really well on body hair but only slows down the face( five oclock shadow 2 days later instead of 8 hours, but still I tried not shaving for 4 days and it didnt look good at all) I like the rest of me but body/face hair is my dysphoria so this absolutely has to get resolved.
    Five months ago you were going to see a doctor and a psychologist about HRT. Assuming that they started you on HRT that very day, hormones have already diminished body hair? And, as stated in your other post, you have also already grown size B breasts??? I am sure that the medical professionals, whose care you are under, are documenting these remarkable results and you will go down in the annals of medical science.

Oh, the initial appointment with the doctor and psychologist, the ones with the transgender staff? was when you had your size reduced from 5' 8" and 185 lbs. to 5' 2" and 125 lbs.. Remember?

Your OPs read like something from Literotica. Try the writer's section of this forum.

Welcome to the wonderful world of being a woman where all beauty comes with some level of pain.... get used to it.

You can use numbing cream and you can also take a Tylenol and Advil prior to your appointment but i would seriously consider maybe trying another laser tech to see if you tolerate them better...remember not all machines/techs are created equal.

And personally after 1 year of laser and 2 years of electro i find electro way more painful than laser EVER was.

Facial laser therapy is quite painful, especially at the beginning. But it's well worth it. Why don't you have the practionner adjust the laser at a lower level? It may take you longer to achieve desired results...but at least it won't hurt as much. I'm also very sensitive & this is what we did at the beginning. Regarding costs, well, I'm over $1000 so far and still not done....Gotta be patient.

Laser works for some, and I think it would work for more if they would try it. Most of the people I know who said it didn't work only went one time, then quit.

I did a round of laser that ended about 14 months ago. Face and neck from top of ears down. It included six sessions. They said I should expect to have one or two more sessions in a year, as more will appear.

Hair grows in waves (not the right term), with one round coming up now, another round coming up in 4-6 weeks, and so on. About five levels, if I understand it right. So it takes more than one treatment - though I noticed a benefit after the first one. But my issue is i am 67, and have light brown (not quite blond) hair on my head, and some of it is turning grey, especially the lower down I go. One batch (six sessions) of laser didn't get it all.

I read they got some new machines, that can get the blond and white hair, so am doing it again. Also, this girl does my whole face three times in a session, with different settings for the new machine.

And it hurts like the dickens! But it only hurts for about 10-15 minutes while she is doing it. Having a noticeable beard growing on my face during the day could end up hurting more, if you get my meaning.

I REALLY like that if i shave in the morning, do my makeup - i can go out in the evening without shaving again if i want. Sometimes I do shave before going out in the evening, if I am home just before. Then I redo my makeup on the lower portion of my face. But I don't have to - I don't have to - I don't have to.

My place had a BOGO special, which they had going when I did it the first time. It cost me about $450 for six sessions. I can afford that.

One person I read says her face electrolysis took 200 hours - and at $100 an hour that's $20,000. I can't spend $20,000 on my face, but I can afford $450 every year-and-a-half, or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeri Ann View Post
    Five months ago you were going to see a doctor and a psychologist about HRT. Assuming that they started you on HRT that very day, hormones have already diminished body hair? And, as stated in your other post, you have also already grown size B breasts??? I am sure that the medical professionals, whose care you are under, are documenting these remarkable results and you will go down in the annals of medical science.

Oh, the initial appointment with the doctor and psychologist, the ones with the transgender staff? was when you had your size reduced from 5' 8" and 185 lbs. to 5' 2" and 125 lbs.. Remember?

Your OPs read like something from Literotica. Try the writer's section of this forum.
    Wow thanks. I broke my back in three places and had surgery leaving me disabled and now I'm 5'3" was 5'2" but after some PT it straightened out. I fit inside a B cup bra. Would you like pictures? Oh and before I was on HRT my body was making prolactin on its own we all know what that does. As for the decrease in body hair I'm guessing you are basing this on what? Your own experience? Again would you like pictures? Sounds like you are jealous and furthermore did you research all those posts? I don't even remember back that far glad someone is documenting all my changes I certainly don't have the time to go back and reread posts for forensic purposes.
    Yes some people do BS on the internet maybe its coping in a way for them to be someone they want to be that are not. Why shoot them down?

Imagine if I reread all your posts? I don't even know who you are 1st time I have even seen you on this forum. Guess I have fans and should be glad.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Here is another posts that I don' consider fiction:
    I went full time after 4 months on HRT. I was consistently getting weird looks from other guys in the men’s restroom at that point, even while presenting male. More importantly I simply couldn’t stand to live as a man any longer. I think the HRT made me feel an increased urgency to transition.

I’m a pretty rare case though, and I know that most don’t transition nearly as fast as I do. Some people can be on HRT for years without going full time. But based on my experience it can and does happen very quickly sometimes.
    Last edited by LexiNexi; 04-25-2018 at 10:43 AM.
    [COLOR="#800080"]Visit my *NEW site with pictures and not much (it's still new, lots to come) more!

I am so sorry Lexi. Yeah, I guess I'm kinda new around here and this whole trans thing.

I am so sorry Lexi. Yeah, I guess I'm kinda new around here and this whole trans thing.
    Thank you. I wasn't expecting that. Every one is different. You are right I was BSing when I first came here to the CD section but that was long ago and then I posted my picture to show I had stopped. I look so manly in those pictures but I'm glad I posted them so now I have a reference to compare to. I look so much different now but thats alot of things not just hormones.

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    Would you like pictures? Oh and before I was on HRT my body was making prolactin on its own we all know what that does. As for the decrease in body hair I'm guessing you are basing this on what? Your own experience? Again would you like pictures?[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]
    Yes. Pictures would be great. For the before you could use your original avatar from a few months ago so we can see the remarkable transformation to a now picture. That would be great.
    Last edited by Rianna Humble; 04-26-2018 at 10:29 AM. Reason: Sarcasm doesn't travel well in print and is the worst way to offer support

Hi Lexi. As long as we’re telling horror stories, here’s mine. I did my facial laser treatments prior to going in HRT. The summer, fall and winter of 2014 I went through seven treatments to remove my dark beard. My shadow would show up within 90 minutes, even with the best coverage products.

The first time was the most excruciating pain I have ever gon through, even though I had a topical pain deadner on my face. Rounds two, three and four were just as bad. On the fifth time I did notice some reduction in pain, but then the tech started upping the power to get the stubborn hair. Six and seven were a piece of cake comparatively.

I am very pleased with the result except for the numerous gray hairs, especially on my neck, that escaped the light. I had a follow up treatment in the fall of 2015 to get a few dark stragglers. My overall cost was about $1000 for all the treatments. Since then I have been on HRT for 3 years. It’s effect on the remaining gray hairs has made shaving them a quick task and they have no shadow to cover. I can go all day now with makeup use equivalent to what a cis female uses. I guess I’ll have to get those removed by Electrolisys.

Let me say that one treatment is not enough for a face. If you want to be clear of hairs, you will have to grin and bear it a few more times. Good luck!
    Be yourself. Everyone else is taken!

As for the decrease in body hair I'm guessing you are basing this on what? Your own experience? Again would you like pictures? Sounds like you are jealous and furthermore did you research all those posts? I don't even remember back that far glad someone is documenting all my changes I certainly don't have the time to go back and reread posts for forensic purposes. Yes some people do BS on the internet maybe its coping in a way for them to be someone they want to be that are not. Why shoot them down?
    Because without truth, forums such as this can be a very dangerous place. People who are in a weak place see fantastical stories and project themselves into those situations, sometimes following what they view as pathways of possibility with disastrous results. The easiest example is the relationship wreckage we see from newbies who suddenly dive headlong into disclosure, somehow without comprehending that another's result is not a predictor of their own. And it is sad to say that there are others who can be coaxed towards a transition path that they have no business going down based on what they perceive the experience of others to be. Lies about transition do absolutely nothing to help that person, only hurt.

If we want fantasy, falsehood and/or outright lies, then I'm sure there are forums out there which cater to such a crowd. We are real. There is no one more real or inspiring of late than Jeri. Jealous, perish the thought. Show some respect, she has earned it. Given your storied history, no one can discern where the line is drawn between what is real and what is utterly false. Especially when many here know one another IRL, I dare to say there is no expectation that any of us should have to separate truth from fiction when communicating in these pages.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Will have to make a medical comment about your body producing prolactin. It your prolactin levels are in a range to cause side effects in a male, then you have a prolactinoma, most likely in the pituitary gland, which can lead to all sorts of medical problems. So, yes, I know what prolactin does. Please get your medical facts straight.

Quote Originally Posted by Sara Jessica View Post
    Because without truth, forums such as this can be a very dangerous place. People who are in a weak place see fantastical stories and project themselves into those situations, sometimes following what they view as pathways of possibility with disastrous results. The easiest example is the relationship wreckage we see from newbies who suddenly dive headlong into disclosure, somehow without comprehending that another's result is not a predictor of their own. And it is sad to say that there are others who can be coaxed towards a transition path that they have no business going down based on what they perceive the experience of others to be. Lies about transition do absolutely nothing to help that person, only hurt.

If we want fantasy, falsehood and/or outright lies, then I'm sure there are forums out there which cater to such a crowd. We are real. There is no one more real or inspiring of late than Jeri. Jealous, perish the thought. Show some respect, she has earned it. Given your storied history, no one can discern where the line is drawn between what is real and what is utterly false. Especially when many here know one another IRL, I dare to say there is no expectation that any of us should have to separate truth from fiction when communicating in these pages.
    I accepted her apology and totally understand where she was coming from. I should have been more clear. Some of my best friends were once adversaries that didn't understand me; I'm kind of used to that people often don't like me at first because i'm over top and do outlandish even crazy things that many people wouldn't believe so that doesn't help me either. I hope to be friends I thought it was very admirable that she apologized that quickly and without back and fourth shes a good person.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Laura912 View Post
    Will have to make a medical comment about your body producing prolactin. It your prolactin levels are in a range to cause side effects in a male, then you have a prolactinoma, most likely in the pituitary gland, which can lead to all sorts of medical problems. So, yes, I know what prolactin does. Please get your medical facts straight.
    It can be other things too like an adverse reaction to medications. I had my brain scanned that was scary.

Ummmn, you need to re-read post #11.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)