Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If they only knew

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar

If they only knew

How many here have ever been in this situation. The other day at work the ladies found an empty vodka bottle in the ladies restroom. It is a bathroom used mainly by customers. So we were all joking about how it got there. I said that I sit in there before work and drink, then one of the guys joked the hardest part is going in wearing a skirt and coming out as a guy. So one of the ladies got all revved up, jokingly of course and ran over and had to look at my finger nails for any residue of nail polish. She goes on to say that a place she worked before there was a cd, he would wear make up and stuff to work and eventually came out to every one that he was tg. Bad thing was in his free time he would dress like a street corner girl, more of a drag queen.
    Now the "if they only knew part. So here I am thinking, yeah a few weeks ago she would have found that nail polish. Oh well maybe it was a test, Im not sure but it ended up no big deal. Has anyone else here ever gotten into a conversation like that and said to themself "If they only knew"
    Erica

It sounds like she might suspect you are a cd.

Platinum Member
    I'm in agreement with Alice. Why didn't she run over to the guy who made the comment? Why did she come over to you? Women can be very observant. My wife once told me she saw I had missed removing some eye makeup. She did not make the comment at the time, but, many months, if not years, later.

On the present issue. There have been numerous time when I've listened to people, friends or family, make ignorant comments concerning gays, lesbians and transgenders. I don't sit there silently, I may speak up on the subject, not because I'm a cross dresser, but, because there is no place for ignorance. I love it when my wife confronts ignorance concerning African-Americans, when she whips out pictures of our African-American nieces. At best it teaches them a lesson to keep their mouths shut.

I was moving a large package at work the other day. I was balancing it on my head as I walked by the front desk. The receptionist said she would like to see me do that in high heels... if she only knew!!

Banned Read only
    My sister in law has arthritis in her big toe joints, as I do. The other day when she came to see us, my wife remarked on the size of the heels on her wedges, she answered that the angle of the heels helped to relieve the pain ! I added absent minded that it does help ! No one said anything, I quickly asked if anyone wanted coffee !

The Mad Scientist
    Teresa, LOL - but I thought it was Tea in the UK?

Aspiring Member
    I've had to be very careful back when I was among the workforce in a factory. One thing I learned about working with women is that if they have even the slightest suspicion, they will bait and test you. It doesn't happen that much with men. For example, I've had simple questions put to me asking my opinion about what another woman was wearing. I learned to say something like, "She looks nice." But again I was very careful because maybe my behavior showed the real me. FWIW

Cheryl

you opened your self up with the drinking in the ladies bathroom, which. was not wise. I shy. away form any reference to Cding. I 'm sure my coworkers suspect . I would prefer to stay in the closet at work, and besides it's not any of their business. people are very much into their own lives to spend much time thinking about someone else , unless it affects them. ♡jean

almost every day, something will come up and I think to my self, omg if they only knew. xoxoxox Jenni
    xoxoxoJennifer Easton
    Mighty bold talk for a one-eyed fat girl!

Happens to me all the time. They usually think Im joking. If they only knew. lol.

Luv doing girl stuff CherylFlint's Avatar
    Not wise to draw attention to yourself needlessly.
    Most people just don't understand the drive, the need, and the desire that a crossdresser has.
    I think of it as my Lemming Instinct in that I've got to dress no matter what.
    That said, the most important part is to keep it to yourself.
    I used to work in a job where, even if somebody had the slightest inkling I was a CD, I'd be fired/laid-off/perhaps even injured in some way. I'm not kidding.
    Some people really get unglued. I used to get my hair cut in a beauty shop by this lady for a whole year before I told her that I was a CD. She immediately became flustered and her hands shook. She asked me why "I did it". I said maybe my 'X's' and 'Y's' make me do it, I don't know. I never went back.
    Last edited by CherylFlint; 09-07-2014 at 09:59 PM.

Teresa, LOL - but I thought it was Tea in the UK?
    It depends on the time of day to some of us Brits Wendy! Coffee for the morning (elevensies) drink and Tea taken at 4pm (traditional tea and tiffin time).
    Carole

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum posts both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal action.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    so THAT'S where I left that bottle of vodka...I was looking for that...my bad.

Platinum Member
    Many times. I remember when at a neighborhood party my next door neighbor quipped something about me wearing black lace panties...strictly as a joke. Of course he was mistaken...they weren't lace or black!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Banned Read only
    Erica, evert time, and I do mean every time someone makes a cross dresser joke, I reply with a joke, "Well I do have the legs for it." or "I'd never been seen in THAT dress." Really anything to joke that I am a cross dresser. Reverse psychology applies here. No one expects a cross dresser to joke about being a cross dresser!

Platinum Member

Cup Sizes.

Hi Erica, One time I joined in on a conversation about bra cup sizes on how
    a D cup can be the same size as a C cup, B cup or an A cup as the band size goes up, IF THEY ONLY KNEW !
    Last edited by BLUE ORCHID; 09-07-2014 at 07:37 PM.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    Erica, evert time, and I do mean every time someone makes a cross dresser joke, I reply with a joke, "Well I do have the legs for it." or "I'd never been seen in THAT dress." Really anything to joke that I am a cross dresser. Reverse psychology applies here. No one expects a cross dresser to joke about being a cross dresser!
    Jennifer we must think alike. I figure if you ignore the conversation people will suspect something. If someone jokes about it, I throw one right back at them. It's when people start badmouthing cd's, that bothers me.
    Erica

California Dreamin Michaelasfun's Avatar
    I work in a predominantly female office; after the initial getting-to-know-me phase that occurred after I was hired, I overheard more than once "now he's just one of the girls"..made me smile!
    Michaela

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice. - Rush

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    We are, by definition, going to be in that situation all the time. Since we are crossdressers, every time the conversation turns in that direction we have to be alert to what we want to say, or not. It's good to think ahead and decide what your position is going to be before the situation takes on a life of its own in a direction that makes you uncomfortable. It only gets more frequent if anyone transitions in your workplace...speaking from experience here! When colleagues were derogatory to the transitioning person behind her back, it was pretty easy to diffuse the situation only because I had thought about it ahead of time.

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl Ann Owens View Post
    One thing I learned about working with women is that if they have even the slightest suspicion, they will bait and test you.
    I don't recall that ever happening to me. I would posit that I was too obvious for any need for "testing", but I did get enough "I didn't know" reactions that I would have to discount that.

I did get some women recognizing me in less-obvious mode after having seen me in more-obvious mode. Salespeople offering earrings are not "testing" if they have previously sold you earrings that were obviously for yourself.

Women are definitely more observant. The closer they are to you the
    more they can sense. Smells, and tell tale reminders will get you busted.
    So if you want to keep it on the QT, better have an excuse or story.
    Char

Hi,

If they knew ,

well it was not nail polish or wearing any clothes or makeup that would have given me away , they knew me well enough to know and more about myself than i could have said any way ,

they knew i was female , so what gave me away . that was in the 60,s i spos it was just who i have allways been just did not express myself fully. and one woman told me years later. was 6 years ago, and funny as a guy knew as well ,

So you may think youv got your self covered and really hidden dont count on it,

...noelenna...
    Last edited by noeleena; 09-08-2014 at 04:11 AM.

Women are more observant, when I finally started to come out to people in work. I was in fact more or less dragged out of the closet by one who persisted in asking questions until I gave in. Prior to that there had always been questions asked. Mostly 'Are you gay?' I always said no quite correctly. But it's clear many had an inkling over the years. Others I told were not in the least surprised. Apparently I do come across as somewhat feminine for a man. I don't know why I was surprised!

I was filling in for an absent employee in the lab one day. I had on a pair of shorts that were covered by my lab coat which went down to slightly below knee height. Another female employee who was working with me said "nice skirt." I replied by saying that she would be surprised at how many skirts are in my closet. She dismissed that by saying, "Yeah, right." She didn't realize I wasn't joking. When I got home I counted. 23 to be exact. If only she knew.

I was thinking about starting almost the same thread. A new hire that sits near me told me that I should wear heels to work. I was blown away but tried my best not to show it. I said something like "oh they'd probably fire me for that." In retrospect, that's probably not the answer that a guy who didn't wear high heels would have given... She really caught me off guard. She then just casually started talking about the rocky horror picture show. There was really no natural conversational lead up to her comment though. It's like she just sort of knew that I would be quite thrilled to wear heels to work. I can't figure out why she would have any suspicion though. Women really are observant. Sheesh.