Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Web tracking ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Web tracking ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Web tracking. Google, eBay, Amazon, etc. makes me bum out!
    I looked on google and eBay in "private browsing mode" for Breast Forms and now they've been showing up a recently viewed items "Really sucks" no privacy! browsing!
    If my wife sees it all hell will break loose! GDB they suck!
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

What browser are you using? I use Firefox, private window and have all the tracking stuff turned off. Seems to work pretty well.

Molly

Banned Read only
    I recommend a good ad blocker like Adblock plus

Or better yet if you are into computers and such setup a Pi-Hole

Go into your browser setting and delete cookies. It will clear your browsing history.

I aam like Molly
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Kas View Post
    Go into your browser setting and delete cookies. It will clear your browsing history.
    Surely, clearing the browsing history will only create suspicion from the wife, who will question what you are hiding.
    Rachel,

As a crossdresser my personality has several facets. Therefore, I suppose I can be forgiven for being facetious.

Let me elaborate, deleting cookies will not “clear” the browsing history per se, but they are the things which “remember” what you have searched for etc.

It won’t be suspicious as your website history is still there.
    Last edited by Kas; 10-26-2018 at 01:49 AM.

Clearing browser history probably won't make a difference, as private browsing won't have added to page history or cookies. It sounds like a known problem with eBay where there is no way to clear the recommendations their algorithms come up with, unlike Amazon. You'll find many complaints on the eBay member forums about this. I run a separate eBay account for Rachel's browsing, though I occasionally forget. My main account is still showing recommendations for womens dresses even now. Browsing and viewing lots of other types of item does clear this eventually in my experience.

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    Rachel is right. Open seperate accounts for your 'hidden' browsing (Ebay and Amazon etc) and always browse in private mode. No need to delete anything. Problem solved. Simple.

Re-reading the OP it sounds as if your problem might be the grid of recently opened pages that appear when you open a new tab. You should be able to configure your browser to open a specific page instead of this, but if and how would depend on the browser. Otherwise plenty of non-CD browsing might move the offending site off the list

And invest in a VPN.

Well I think the solution is in other posts here, me, I don't seem to get many follow ups from Ebay.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Aspiring Member
    Me, I use Firefox with private browsing and I have everything set that I can to block, stop and to turn off ad tracking and all of that. I only have one tab open at a time and when I move between websites I close the browser and start a new session. I only ever log into Google to check webmail and again, I log out and then close the browser before looking at anything else. As a result, I don't seem to be hounded by ads and such like. I know I could do more but this works for me.

It goes further then that, I watched a crossdressers video that opened in Utube. My kids opened my tablet and asked me if I was into crossdressers because even Utube follows and suggest video that you watched before. In that situation I have to go into the Utube history and clear it.

I had the same issue, I used Chrome in incognito mode, separate eBay account for Brandi, adblock installed etc... and all of the sudden adds started showing up on the regular pages (facebook, news sites etc...) showing stuff 'Brandi' would be interested in when using non-incognito chrome. We share a laptop and my Wife usually uses Firefox, fortunately nothing shows up on that (so far). As a workaround I've switched to using Edge for 'Brandi.' It seems to work so far.

I was on eBay, I didn't log in with my user name and I had Safari in Private mode.
    This morning on a different computer in my house I went on ebay and Breast forms showed up again , not even logged in.
    Must be seeing my IP.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Opera, with VPN and a private browsing window will prevent all tracking of the type described by OP.

Judy, every time my secretary walks in my office and I have a browser open to a non work site, you can bet the ad is for dresses or lingerie.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Judy,

Getting rid of recently viewed is easy, suggested not so.

Recently viewed. Log in to eBay. Top right you'll see My eBay, float the cursor over it it and in the drop down you'll see recently viewed. Click that; then top right on the recently viewed section you'll see Delete All. Click and confirm, all gone from your home page.

As for recommended. There's loads of complaints about it on the web. I don't think there is a way other than searching for stuff you don't mind other people seeing which resets the algorithm.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

I use Epic Privacy Browser. It is designed to prevent any tracking etc. The only down side is that it is so secure some video chats don't work.

I have separate accounts and passwords on all the different electronic devices I have. I use an I-Pad for in private mode for all my naughty sites ( that's what my wife called this site), any way I also turned everything off that I could. It seems to work here on this site but not on eBay. I quit buying heels on eBay because I bought two sets on there and for months I had heel ads pop up. I finally flooded my computer and I pad with looking up what call manly things. Cars, pickups, fishing and hunting equipment, news and everything male I could finally every thing femme went away. The only thing I have in private browsing is this site and a few U tube sites. I never go to UTube in regular browsing. It seems to be working but sometimes I'll mess up and an ad will pop up for heels or lipsticks & etc.
    Judy you might just get an I Pad and use it only for your dressing sites in private mode and have totally different browsers than your regular computer accounts.

My mate Julian could help with this!

For some reason he's stuck in an Ecuadorian Embassy though!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

Platinum Member
    The key isn’t the browser. It’s your account of the on line vendor that tracks viewed items. So, delete recently viewed items, etc, from any account your wife has access to or knowledge of. Then create an account just known to you.

But do You hear a ticking sound? Seriously...the tension, worry, and, yes, anger, are palpable in many of your recent posts. You already know that all the elements for an explosion are present in your situation. The question is how can you diffuse it.
    Last edited by kimdl93; 10-26-2018 at 08:34 AM.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by RachelPortugal View Post
    Surely, clearing the browsing history will only create suspicion from the wife, who will question what you are hiding.
    Clearing your history and cache are simply good computer techniques for maintaining performance. If the wife is that computer savvy that she would be suspicious then she should understand the importance of keeping the computer clean and safe.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Banned Read only
    I am telling you all ad blockers is the key here from the start.

Since ads are blocked so are all the cookies and tracking that come with them.

Plus it draws no suspicion because you can say you are just tryng to block those annoying banner ads and pop-ups .

Plus you can hide things like the nice but large Crossdressers dot com logo at the top if these pages, that comes in handy if you are in a DADT or still in stealth mode.
    Last edited by Robertacd; 10-26-2018 at 10:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl T View Post
    Clearing your history and cache are simply good computer techniques for maintaining performance. If the wife is that computer savvy that she would be suspicious then she should understand the importance of keeping the computer clean and safe.
    My wife isn't computer savvy but it is not an issue for me as she is OK about my crossdressing and related purchases, so long as she doesn't have to go without her treats.
    Rachel,

As a crossdresser my personality has several facets. Therefore, I suppose I can be forgiven for being facetious.