Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wearing female clothes in public with no makup, etc.

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"

Wearing female clothes in public with no makup, etc.

I am now retired and have all the free time in in the world and presently live alone so, I can dress whenver I want to.
    I'm also in great, physical health with a still, slim figure with fairly wide hips for a male and 36a breasts

So, what is my problem?
    I really do not like makeup. It takes me forever to look right and my eyesight is failing making it very difficult to apply makeup without my glasses.
    Also, I do not want to exit my apartment with makeup as someone is shure to see me going or coming.

However, recently I have had the serious urge to go to a shopping mall in another town dressed completely as a female without makeup or a wig. I presently have short hair.
    This would probably consist of a white, fairly feminine button down blouse that may be considered asexual by some, tan female elastic waist pants and white canvas female shoes. Also, some light jewelery like stud earing and a simple, feminine chain necklace. The only thing on my head would be a pink baseball cap.
    The look would be casual but definately feminine.
    All I would have to do when leaving my apt is to wear a jacket and a pair of loose fitting jeans over my female pants, removing them after leaving my apt.

With my figure, I would looke like a female from the back. From the front, after seeing my face most will reallize that I'm either a very efiminate man/sissy or a masculine woman..... either a "crazy" old man or strange old woman.
    To be perfectly honest, I have come to the conclusion that I'm a bit of a sissy anyway.

My beard shadow would be visible close up however. I do not have a masculine face other than that. In fact, it is more ferminine than many GGs my age. If I was not cursed with this facial hair, I would dress in public daily. It's a bit frustrating.

Anyway, I want to go to the mall during a busy period so I wont stand out as much.

I fully realize that some may laugh or make comments but I don't care and wiil completly ignore them. I just want to be myself!
    Besides, no one will make a "scene" in a crowded public place.

I must say that at my, age I could not care less what people who I will never see again may in think or say about me.
    It's not against the law so why not?

Has anyone done anything like this?
    Last edited by Tamara Croft; 11-27-2011 at 10:21 AM. Reason: icon removed :)

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Barbara Jo, my late wife always did my makeup and fixed my wig. She was way better at both thing than I could ever be. When she passed away a little over 6 years ago, I decided that I would just go out fully dressed enfemme, but with no makeup or wig! I have been doing that now for the past 6 years and have NOT had one single negative remark made. I have had compliments on my feminine outfits, which usually include a skirt or dress!! And I do go everywhere that way, shopping, or to eat, or go to the Post Office, etc. It was kind of scary at first, especially going into a large Mall and walking around dressed like that! But you know what? People really don't pay much attention! Sure they may look at you, but then they look away or at something else. They just don't care!!

So dress up and go out!! You will have fun!! BTW, I am also at least semi-retired and I am 79 years old. Have been a crossdresser for a great many years!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Banned Read only
    Thanks for the reply
    I'm only 64 (forced early retirement) and doing OK financially.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have nothing to loose but everthing to gain at this point in my life. I just want to be happy.

BTW, the pic in my avitar is fairly old and I have changed much since then. I have since gained a bit of weight (quit smoking) and my hips and breasts filled out a bit due to naturally low "t" and low does HRT. I need to get a new avitar!

So what am I waiting for?
    It's my life and I can tolerate a bit of laughter from strangers. I just need to be sensible about it.
    I guess I aways knew it would come to this some day after I retired.
    It's now or never!
    Last edited by Barbara Jo; 11-27-2011 at 01:02 AM.

I am 62 and have no desire to pass as a woman but I enjoy wearing women's clothes. Especially elastic waist pants.

I like to dress androgenously and I know that is spelled correctly.

There used to be a web site about men who look like old lesbians. http://menwholooklikeoldlesbians.blogspot.com/

That would describe me!

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbara Jo View Post
    I fully realize that some may laugh or make comments but I don't care and wiil completly ignore them. I just want to be myself! Besides, no one will make a "scene" in a crowded public place.
    I quoted this part of your post as sometimes I too feel like this. Why can't I just wear the (girls) clothes I want to wear because I like how they make me feel .. i.e happy.

What's wrong with me just being different than other guys. Ok, I'm not "following the pack" and I'm wearing the clothes (without makeup) that is usually worn by women and girls, why is it "wrong" for me to do that? I get where you're coming from. I just want to wear what I consider to be pretty clothes that make me happy, but not have anyone judge me or give a hard time for doing something that harms no one.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Hi,

Barbara.

I do it all the time tho im a bit different its not a issue or has any problems because i hardly wear any make up.just lippy & eye browliner becuse of burning my face years ago. im allso 64,

Tho im well known & have joined many groups im accepted for who i am , i have masculin facial features so dont really pass as many women would look tho thats not a issue ether, Im I S if that helps. tho i am a woman just different thats all.

One of the details is in accepting who you are , we can.t help how we are born & or how we look other than sugery & at our age its not worth it, not for my self its not.

I would get known join some groups & go from there, as iv said else were im in world wide groups & have a neat time with people . all part of being who you are & gaining acceptance from others,

I do know one or two who dont wear make up & do wear womens clothes & they dont try to be women because they are male, just like the clothes.

The other thing is & this is me i get looked at because i dont blend in & dont try to. i do wear clothes that are a bit different not all the time tho.
    & in my pic youll see i wear my head wear. scarves & i am wearing then as a turbin style now as well as what you see in my avatar.

& i get nice comments .part of being different.

...noeleena...

I think you are all inspirational. You are all capturing something that I feel. More power to you!

Barbara, this is actually my preferred scenario! I have never gone out presenting 100% female. I either wear rather ambiguous tops and pants, or I go out at night in things that are a bit more overt (for example I went out in a skirt and blouse just last night with no other preparation). This is just how I feel most comfortable with myself. If it's what you want, do it, and who cares? People in a mall you'll never see again?

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    Barbara, I am 65, retired, and new to this, and learning much in recent days. I have found out that if you can, and want to, you should.

I am trying to develop my new life along these lines now also.

Enjoy, Babes
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Banned Read only
    In my case, before I retired, I worked in blue collar macho environment and I had to be careful that nobody there found out. I never knew when I might run into on of them, even out of town.
    However, now, that is no longer an issue and the ony people I'm now concerned about are my neighbors.

I may go to the mall monday.
    Wish me luck!

A friend of mine does it, and doesn't worry about what others think. I say go for it.
    You couldn't look worse than the women I see wearing PJ bottoms, house slippers, and are about 100lbs overweight, out shopping!
    Last edited by marlacd; 11-27-2011 at 02:43 AM.

Banned Read only
    ^ ^ ^
    Good point!

i dress in girl pants & tops with a small amount makeup jeweler panies & nailes done it keep them guessing & me happy...................................di

Quote Originally Posted by marlacd View Post
    You couldn't look worse than the women I see wearing PJ bottoms, house slippers, and are about 100lbs overweight, out shopping!
    Or the 300lbs blob in spandex pant with stretch top that doesn't even cover her belly.

Very good point, We would certainly look better then them.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Morley View Post
    I just want to wear what I consider to be pretty clothes that make me happy, but not have anyone judge me or give a hard time for doing something that harms no one.
    Sorry Rachel, maybe in a prefect world, but in this one, people judge you, no matter who you are, no matter what you do, people judge you, it's just what humans do!
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Hi BJ, I too am retired and 64(ugly age)!!!!! I haven't gone out yet except at night( yeah I'm chicken) and the wife kinda' knows but doesn't acknowledge my feminine "other self". I have wanted to do that very same thing but have always found a "reasonable excuse" not to. The thing here is you have nothing to fear and everything to gain from the experience. If we lived closer, I would wholeheartedly suggest we do this together. There is safety in numbers!!!!!

Molly
    "To thine own self be true"

Barbara, I am still a kid but I too have the same eyesight issue. I recently discovered wall mounted swivel arm magnifying makeup mirrors. The one I bought is a 10x magnification and it is amazing. I can actually see my face, eyes and even individual eyebrows when I do my makeup or thin my brows. No more doing makeup by sense of feel or with a 3 inch paint brush!

Robyn

I have done this since I was around 19 (now 40+). Wife doesn't know about CDing so about once or twice a year I go to a city an hour or so away and go to small non-mainstream stores. Don't have time or place for makeup, nails, wig so go in full male mode. I love ladies active wear and usually wear cotton or spandex leggings with a waist length shirt or light jacket and tennis shoes. When feeling brave my favorite is tan/neutral colored dance/exercise tights with black spandex exercise short-shorts and waist length shirt. I am slim and fit (5'6" @ 140lbs) so the clothes "work" as exercise wear. I hope to go "Christmas shopping" soon and plan to go to a shoe store like this to buy new tennis shoes and some classic Mary Jane style pumps with ankle strap and around 2" "wide" heel or maybe ankle boots. A lot of times when buying new shoes you can walk out wearing what you purchase. Hope to do this with the pumps, at least back to the car. May put on some black leggings and do more shopping in the pumps. Also like to go to parks in faraway cities to walk the trails. Have thought about buying wig to help conceal my identity a little, may help from being caught in case of a chance encounter with someone I know.

I believe there was a thread that mentioned blending in. That's my usual desire when out in public. For instance, I was shopping yesterday entirely in womens clothes without wig and make up. I wore skinny jeans, low heel boots, cashmere turtleneck top along with a thigh length leather car coat (and of course underdressed as well). I shopped for more clothes, groceries as well went to a craft fair. At the craft fair I chatted with vendors and had no wierd glances or comments. In fact, the only time I thought I was being scrutinized was from a teenage girl, roughly my height and size. I smiled as I'm sure she was thinking how to copy my look.

Banned Read only
    Well, tomorrow is the day! I'm excited about it!

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I hope you do go out to a Mall on Monday! I know you will enjoy getting out like that!! And you will learn that while people may look at you "twice", they really don't care. At least not where I live in Georgia! BTW, there is a little town 45 miles southeast of Buffalo, N.Y. that is my ancestral homestead! It was founded in 1808 by my great great grandfather!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

GO out in gilrs jeans now and then if i go in a dress or a skirt it to a drag party .

Maybe this will be considered beside the point, but ...

I know quite a few women (GF) who seldom or never wear makeup. I also know a few women (GFs) who have hair that would be considered short on a man. As far as I can tell, nobody gives them a second glance, or at least no more than they would any woman.

So why would anyone consider it a faux pas to go out en femme without makeup or a wig? Or is this against some rule of CDing that I wasn't aware of? (Of course, "that I wasn't aware of" isn't saying much -- I'm probably one of the least hep-to-CDing-rules of anyone here.)

Granted, I know women who would sooner go to the mall naked from the neck down than be seen in public without makeup, but can't you just pretend you're not from that subculture?

Just do it, I went out to the Post Office and to Kmart today wearing yoga pants and an obviously womens shirt, it had all the glitter on it, breast forms and just a light coat of foundation and mascara, couple rings,a neck lace and my finger nails were painted purple with sparkles, nobody paid any attention to me as far as I could tell. I was dressed mostly like in my picture I have posted in the pictures section.

Dizzy, that sounds fantastic. That's what I'm aiming for myself.