Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I told my mom last night

I told my mom last night

Last night, I had a private conversation with my mom, and I told her everything. I thought she'd be uncomfortable with it, but it turns out she's delighted! Well, she's delighted because she knew something hadn't been right with me for a while, and she's glad I put it out in the open and settled this issue. She's encouraging me to dress, because she knows how repressed my feminine side can be living with my dad and my macho brother, so she's glad I have an outlet. She even told me I can borrow some of her clothes sometimes and that I can order stuff online and ship it to her office. She doesn't want to see me enfemme quite yet - but she said maybe in time she can love me as a daughter as well as a son, and we can even go shopping together!

Anyway, I've never felt closer to her in my life, and I owe it all to you girls for the encouragement. Thank you!

Follow your dream.
    Simply awesome. So happy for you.

I wish I could have one of these success stories My mom wouldn't be quite so accepting. Congrats!

WOW! This is a great story! I have envisioned so many times talking to my folks...mom especially, and having it go much this way. But reality is that I'd probably be disowned. I'm happy for you. Great job!

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    That's a great reaction - parents can sometimes be amazing!

When I came out to my father last year, I took it gently over the next couple of months until he became OK with seeing me dressed. The main thing is to keep the communication going at your mum's pace and listen to her feelings.

Congratulations Violet.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

I am very happy for you! I really want to tell my mother too. My wife and I have discussed the topic of telling my mother. Here's the rub. No matter how confidential something is she cannot keep her mouth shut. And now days it is even worse because she is becoming very forgetful. So either she will forget that I cd or she will forget not to tell the rest of our Irish family. Which of course includes guys who drink too much and razz each other to death. So that would give everyone something to laugh about for a while. But I suspect that she would be very understanding of it.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!! That is too awesome!! :-) I'm so happy that your mom cares about you so much. I kind of get the feeling that she's 100% on board the train for Violet's Journey, even if she's not comfortable with the terrain the track is going over quite just yet. Give it time, slowly, and I'm sure your mother will be your #1 cheerleader!

Silver Member
    Incredibly good news! I'm so happy for you. If you had no sisters growing up, maybe you could become the daughter your Mom never had! You'll probably have to build up slowly, but you might someday be going shopping with her or having a girls night out. Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by suzanne View Post
    Incredibly good news! I'm so happy for you. If you had no sisters growing up, maybe you could become the daughter your Mom never had! You'll probably have to build up slowly, but you might someday be going shopping with her or having a girls night out. Awesome
    Well I mentioned that to her... she said she never really wanted a daughter because before she had me she had to help raise my girl cousins and thought they were holy terrors

Isn't it funny, mothers know when things are not right.

Wow, that's great. What made you decide to tell her? It seems that the "I thought they would be uncomfortable, but they don't mind" thing happens a lot more than we think...

Banned Read only
    Western Upstate NY, on a Lake Ontario city
    Don't forget her on mothers Day... buy her something special and feminine.

I came out to my girlfriend before Christmas and it could not have went better. But I am still hesitant to tell my mother yet. Your story sounds familiar in that my mother is always telling me that I have changed and that she can tell something is wrong. I felt so much relief after telling my girlfriend, I wonder if I would feel the same relief telling my Mom.

That's a great story Violet! What a super understanding mom... that's so special... thanks for sharing hun... Hugs, Alisa.

I remember when I told my mother.
    Then I asked her to shorten and hem a skirt!

Woman and loving it Jennifer Marie P.'s Avatar
    Thats great when your mom knows.

Your story has even brighten my day! I'm very happy for you! 'We sure could use some good news today'! And you just provided it! Thanks! Hugs for you both!

I just love reading stories like this. It makes my day!
    Thank you Violet for posting this.

Hugs, SUZY

Someone to be celebrated

Violet,

This has made my day, week, and maybe even month and year. Your Mother deserves the biggest hug ever and maybe a present. If everyone were like your mum, no one would be in the closet. I shed a tear of happiness for you when I read this.
    One day your life is going to pass before your eye's, Make sure it is worth watching.

Eddie Izzard said it best "I am an action tranvestite".

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bethanyannstratford/

glad your mum understand i remember having to tell my mum, I had to tell her so she would understand partly why my wife was leaving me all my mum could say was she always wanted a daughter.

On Hiatus
    Again. I am overjoyed over the fact that things went so well with your mom, hon. My mom is similarly accepting and even lets me wander about the house enfemme while she's here haha. Wouldn't it be great for all parents to be so open to gaining a "daughter"? x]
    "None is more cruel and violent than the coward"
    -Italian economist and sociologist Vilfredo Pareto-

congrats to you Violet. You have opened a new door for enriching your relationship with your mom.

I have noticed that MOST moms are like puppies, there love is unconditional.

That is such great news to hear. Hopefully it will hold, and you can be the person you wish to be.
    "I am not altogether on anyone's side as no one is all together on my side"
    Tree beard. Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers.

That's great for you and your mom, but I would suggest wearing your own clothes. Otherwise, she may look at this as just dressup fun for you.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleScott View Post
    That's great for you and your mom, but I would suggest wearing your own clothes. Otherwise, she may look at this as just dressup fun for you.
    Yeah. I told her I need to start building up a wardrobe, and she's letting me order things online shipped to her office (to avoid my dad and brother stumbling across the packages), but for now if I need some of her things to tide me over I just have to ask