Thread: Camille's in moth balls for awhile

Camille's in moth balls for awhile

My daughter asked recently about the boxes on the top shelf of my closet. As she gets older she's getting more curious. The other day she took some clothes out of my wife's closet without asking. I knew this day was coming when I could no longer keep Camille's things in the house. We live in a small place, and there is really no place I can put them out of reach. So today I put almost all of Camille's things into a large bin and placed them (lovingly) in our public storage locker. Not that I can dress during this pandemic anyway, but it was still nice knowing her things were nearby. Before I locked up the storage locker I closed the door and put on a dress quickly just for one final twirl. It was a magic moment, despite the circumstances.

She'll come back one day soon. Until then, I'll miss her a lot.

Camille, We look forward to having you back with us soon.
    Crissy

Camille,
    We all gotta do what is best for the family. I am betting that things work out for you and your family. Best wishes.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

Platinum Member
    I can empathized the mixed feelings of putting part of yourself away, even when its a temporary necessity.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Platinum Member
    I know your angst. Decades ago our then three year old daughter pulled open the bottom draw of my armoire. My fem clothes were in a large gift box, At that time I had some slips and panties and had one bra; a Vanity Fair vivid red bra. Our daughter opened the top of the box and yanked out the bra which my wife observed. My wife put the bra back in the draw. Of course, this initiated "The Talk" about why I had bought a bra. That's a different story which has been told here before. My clothing was moved elsewhere and as my wardrobe grew so did the box. There is always the chance a child will find anything you're trying to hide. I searched for Christmas presents when I was a kid. We live in a small house; 1,300 sq feet. The garage was converted to a recreation room back in 1983. It is now a storage room. My wardrobe is now in twenty plus Xerox boxes stacked up in there. With coronavirus or just aging I do wonder if I were to drop dead what everyone's reaction will be. I never have seen a portrayal of a angel in pants. It is always a flowing gown. Must be God's choice. Maybe we are all safe, eventually!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I don't know your daughter's age. But, I raised 2 of them. They were raised with clear limits on what was acceptable and what wasn't. We also tried not to intentionally hide things from them. I had women's things hidden in places I was confident they wouldn't look. In brown boxes high up in my closet, in the garage, and my personal chest of drawers. And, so what if they had found women's things? They could have been my wife's.

Why is your daughter so curious about your things? Is it because you've been acting suspiciously about certain boxes, etc.? Otherwise, I don't see why she would be so interested in dad's "boxes"? It seems like maybe your wife mite more of the reason for the storage bin than your daughter?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Reality Check
    Having children really changes your life and your marriage. Fortunately, mine are grown and hundreds of miles away.

I suppose you can go to your storage locker and dress. You could even dress there and then go out on the town. Just remember, most of those places have video cameras. You might be able to find a storage locker that's better suited to dressing.
    Krisi