Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is The Mobile Phone A Deterrent For Us?

Is The Mobile Phone A Deterrent For Us?

Going on a break with my wife and said i wanted to spend some time as Vicky. she was ok with that but did make a valid point.

There are people from our city whom we do not know going on the same trip and she brought up a valid point. If we meet someone
    from our home town and what if they decide to take a photo of us or me for their own comedy value or just to have a photo.

Got me thinking that years ago we did not have to worry about snap happy people using their phones to take sneaky snaps and also the worry that
    30 seconds later it can be all over social media.

So is this a new deterrent for us? x

Banned Read only
    We'll there's nothing you can do about it, other than tell them not to take your picture or stay inside your home.

You can't have it both ways. If you are going out in public then you have to be prepared for running into someone you know or being seen and outed.

You can not expect privacy in public.

Banned Read only
    Vicky,
    I'm inclined to agree with Roberta , you do take that risk . Some may say this is the problem of being with someone who may be instantly recognisable even if you're not .

I do not think it is a big deal. The chance that this would happen I think is very small so I would not let it put a damper on your good time with your wife.
    Crissy

Out in public is OUT in public. There is no explicit, constitutionally mandated right to privacy in the U.S. It is implied in the fourth amendment; The right to be secure in one's person.

As far as video is concerned if you are out in public, you can ask them not to take your picture. You can Tell them not to. It doesn't mean they can't.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

Hi. I have had women take selfies of me with them at drag shows and bars. They don?t know my real name so looking for me on social media would not be so easy. I decline when they ask for my social media contact info. So I am not that worried about it. Even if they posted a picture, I am not sure I could ever find it.

Sandi

This conversation brings to mind the memes that go around about people of Walmart. They're slide shows about the way some people are dressed in the stores and most include people that are dressed but are not passable. There is no guarantee that we won't see ourselves in those memes if we tend towards the MIAD end of the spectrum. Everyone today walks around with sophisticated cameras in their pocket so it could happen to anyone and there is little we can do when we don't even realize someone might have taken our photo.
    Last edited by Star01; 01-09-2020 at 02:28 PM.

I have been going out for years and have never run into someone I know (knock on wood). But the more I go out in public the more likely that this will happen. I have often thought about this and I guess if it happens my response would be an honest one. As people have pointed out that is the risk you take.

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    If you don't want your picture taken in public by strangers, stay inside.
    Only a problem for people in the closet.
    I don't happen to care, I am actually proud of myself and who I am. I don't care what other people think. I post my own pictures on my own social media sites.

While it's not necessarily a deterrent, it's definitely a concern, if not a nuisance. I was once sitting quietly in a bar once when I saw two giggling girls pointing a phone at me from 30 or so feet away. I covered my face with my fist, giving them the finger. On another occasion, I was leaving a museum and while I was going down the steps, I had a funny feeling, so I let the guy behind me go by and sure enough, he was holding a phone which happened to be in cam mode.

While I have come to terms with the fact that some folks see us as a novelty (and a humorous one at that), I do my best not to show my face, which is I usually have a pair of sunglasses on hand when I'm out and about en femme.
    Last edited by Patience; 01-09-2020 at 02:54 PM. Reason: typo.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Star01 View Post
    there is little we can do when we don't even realize someone might have taken our photo.
    In Washington state there is nothing you can do even if you catch someone taking your picture in public beyond asking them not to.

Believe it or not even taking "upskirt" photos was legal in Washington state up until just a few years ago because Washington state voyeurism law only protects people in places where they have a reasonable expectation of privacy. (When you are out in public you have NO reasonable expectation of privacy) So they actually had to make a separate law just to outlaw taking upskirt photos.

"In Washington state there is nothing you can do even if you catch someone taking your picture in public beyond asking them not to."

Pretty sure in the USA anywhere out doors in public anyone can video and take pictures of you without consent. They can generally not sell or use the pictures for financial gain, unless they are an actor, reality star or some other sort of famous.

Some places getting caught trying to take an "up skirt" might get you convicted as a sexual predator. There was a man that got charged and convicted for that very thing not long ago. Pretty serious charge for such a silly thing to do.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Well what can they do?
    They don't know you so why are they going to take pics of you for comedy?
    That makes no sense.
    Its obvious you are not "out" and you are scared that someone you don't know "might" take a pic? Come now.

Kind of like the police arresting you in a sports car because you "might" speed.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 01-09-2020 at 06:55 PM.

I have gotten makeovers done and sat there for an hour while they performed their magic on me. The first time I began to get really nervous that someone may take a picture with their cell phone and I would not even know it. By the end of the makeover no one had taken a picture. I then began to realize that no one really cared either. Even if they did, the internet is a great big place. Where would they post the picture? How long will it take to make the rounds through cyberspace to get to your friends and family. In reality, I don't think there is much concern. I never really worry about. I'm much more concerned within seeeing someone I know face to face.

Often Lurking
    Pumped~ There are a couple states that require 2 party consent for video.
    If I remember the Washington thing correctly was a 16yo kid taking upskirt pix of girls his age. The girls parents wanted to press charges but it wasn't illegal. So they made a law.

Tracii~ The OP is in danger of being spotted by people they DO know. I don't like the analogy.
    A better way of looking at it would be skydiving. Its beautiful and heart pounding excitement. But if things go wrong, it could ruin your life. Its safer to stay on the ground, but if you do, you miss the experience.
    Be aware of the danger, but don't let it stop you from living.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    It is my opinion that if u r concerned about people who don't know u taking your photo when out?

U aren't ready to go out yet. If ever!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Some years ago I was out enfemme but sat in my car at the time, parked up at a local beauty spot. Two GG's turned up and read me, goes with the turf, and pretended they were going to take a picture or two of the scenery. It just happened I was in the scenery. I just stared hard at them, the sort of "I know what you're doing, I wouldn't if I was you" look.

If they did take a pic and post it who knows but there's probably more likelihood my car registration would be recognised than me.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Jessika she said there were people going from her city that she didn't know so maybe you read what she said incorrectly.
    My point is if you are afraid to be recognized maybe you aren't ready to be out.
    Sorry you don't don't like my analogy but you don't have the right to change it to fit something you like

Whether you are wearing a skirt or trousers, the world is full of witless clowns. Nothing will change that so decide what you are willing to accept.

Before someone might see you and start gossiping. Pictures and social media just make gossip easier and larger audiences.

When mall trick or treating in a femme costume, both years I got asked for pictures and other's trying to inconspicuously take pictures. Never an issue any other day I go out dressed femme or non-binary.

Quote Originally Posted by Vicky_Scot View Post
    Going on a break with my wife and said i wanted to spend some time as Vicky.
    If you aren't in a group setting 24/7 while on break, you should be able to find some Vicky time. Either way, have fun!

Yes it could happen.

I have had strangers ask and take my picture a few times. Most of the time I don't mind.

There was one time I was at the bar with my friends. This guy asks to take my picture and I say no. This is the only time I have said no, I was like having a bad hair day. He takes the picture anyway, I started crying. My friends didn't see, we are playing pool , so their attention was there. They ask what's wrong, than lite into the poor guy. He apologized.

I love up-skirt pictures; they're so sexy. The whole point of wearing a skirt, surely, is that there's somehow a secret path to the pleasure regions.

Do you encourage strangers to take upskirt pics of you without your permission for their own enjoyment (and who knows who else's), MiniRock?
    Last edited by Patience; 01-10-2020 at 01:14 AM. Reason: Added some qualifiers.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Mini rock,

I have to call foul on this one. Upskirting without someone's prior agreement is a form of sexual abuse. Utterly deplorable. Where do you draw a line? Grown men upskirting teenaged girls? Is that acceptable in your view?

The point of wearing skirts isn't, repeat isn't to provide a "Secret path to the pleasure regions". Women are not sexual objects solely there for the sexual gratification of a bunch of sad men.

If I were to catch anyone upskirting me I'm afraid they're in for a hard time. They might quickly find their phone being used as an anal endoscope.