Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wearing Wifes Clothes with Size Difference

Wearing Wifes Clothes with Size Difference

Thanks for all the replys
    Last edited by Homesteadjohn; 06-28-2013 at 07:50 PM. Reason: Answered question

better not let your wife know about the big butt or you might be out of luck It is better to get your own clothes or at least talk about sharing
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

In the closet - for now. Shadeauxmarie's Avatar
    They generally hate you wearing their clothes. Especially if you don't ask. Also, we tend to stretch them out. It's better to get your own.
    May you live long and prosper.
    Infinite diversity in infinite combinations.
    "Smiling makes my face ache." F. N. Furter

Banned Read only
    Don't borrow anything you will stretch out. She'll be pissed AND if you are closeted, she'll KNOW. You need to buy your own things.

Buy your own stuff. Better yet, tell your wife and THEN buy your own stuff.
    Reine

I agree...better to get your own. Although when I first said I do, the SO was a slim size 10.....I was a size 14, now she's an 18 and I'm a 12... She prefers calf length skirts and t shirts and I prefer LBDs...

Anyways, buy your own and you'll be happier....

Renne....

My problem isn't a size difference, it's a height difference. Her pretty dresses often are cute tunic tops on me!

As others have said, buy your own clothes and very seriously consider letting her in on your secret before she finds out on her own. Women are very sensitive to others wearing their clothing, particularly underthings.

My wife and I have an "open closet" policy where we share freely. I love it when she wears something I've purchased and it somewhat justifies my clothing expenditures.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

you are right on

Yu are better off wearing clothes yo buy for yourself.
    Most here do not advocate wearing spouses clothes without their permission.
    You are headed for disaster if you are not already there.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Even with permission, other than borrowing a cute top for a party, it's just right and polite to own your own clothes. Hers are hers. Also remember, yours are hers, just not vice versa.
    Sharing underwear is just wrong.

Just one of the Girls 4mymichelle's Avatar
    First of all welcome to the forum. It is always good for a new member to use the introduction forum to give a little background about themselves so we can better understand your situation and be able to offer our replies based on that. From reading what you have said you are trying to wear your wife's clothes without her knowledge or permission. In addition they are too small for you. As many others here have said this is not a good idea. Stop doing that now before she finds out and gets upset. The best approach is to be honest with her and tell her about your crossdressing desire. Buying your own clothes at this point is not an option now if you have to hide everything. Everyone's situation is different, but the one thing for sure is don't continue to wear your wife's clothes.

Summation: Mine! yours! Use mine, ask! Like my borrowing your motorcycle (if you have one) without asking permission first. That type of behavior tends to get a hurt put on people. Just my opinion!

My husband and I have a reasonably open closet. I am much larger than he is though so I can't fit into too many of his things. Just a few gypsy type skirts and a couple of his sweaters. I told him if I lost weight, we could double our wardrobe!

As for your question, there isn't much you can do except buy some of your own clothes.
    If it's easy, it's not worth it.

Yup .. buy your own womenswear .. it's the only way. It's easy on the internet, retailers want your money and you'll be amazed how friendly and " accepting " they are, if only for that reason! My wife's a (British) size 16, I'm a 20, I'd wreck her stuff if I forced it on and it would NOT be comfortable Enjoy having your own lingerie drawer and your own skirts and dresses in the wardrobe Good luck!
    It's complicated, then again it's simple ... where did I put that skirt?

Quote Originally Posted by DawnD View Post
    ...I told him if I lost weight, we could double our wardrobe!
    Wow, weight loss experts talk about buying one item in the desired size to use as motivation but a whole wardrobe? How could one resist!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

."Big Butt"...i soooooo hope your wife does not read that lol. .......
    My SO is smaller than I, I have given some clothes for her to wear and keep.....
    I like to think Cass has her own sense of style and i like to help, but i do prefer we have our wardrobes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]----Live....Laugh....Love------SO of Cassandra Lynn.

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    My problem isn't a size difference, it's a height difference. Her pretty dresses often are cute tunic tops on me!

As others have said, buy your own clothes and very seriously consider letting her in on your secret before she finds out on her own. Women are very sensitive to others wearing their clothing, particularly underthings.

My wife and I have an "open closet" policy where we share freely. I love it when she wears something I've purchased and it somewhat justifies my clothing expenditures.

As a seasoned Cder (read: "older than dirt"), I also agree that is it is never a good idea to wear your wife's or SO's clothing without her permission, and especially if she doesn't know about your little "hobby" yet. She'll clue in soon enough, have the predictable WTF! moment, and you'll quickly discover to your chagrin that your @ss is grass, and she is a lawn mower. Besides which, that kind of stuff is bush league - as an adult, you have your own money and resources and can buy whatever you like. No need to skulk around like some broke teenager who would also love to experience wearing women's clothes, but hasn't got the means to buy his own...and even that isn't a proper justification for invading someone else's privacy this way.

That is not to say that I haven't been guilty of the same thing in my younger and less experienced days as well, but I have since seen the error of my ways, gotten religion, and can now come out unequivocally against this practice on so many levels. And clearly from the responses given above, there appears to be an almost unanimous consensus here among the other forum members that this is a "no-fly" zone.

I do, however, take exception with Eryn's blanket statement that "...Women are very sensitive to others wearing their clothing..."

I would argue that this actually is a very common practice among sisters, mothers and daughters, friends and room-mates etc. who happen to be the same size and like similar clothing styles. That said, I also understand that there is a whole different dynamic at play if it is the husband, brother, or boyfriend etc. who wants to share their female counterpart's clothes as that has all kinds of sexual undertones associated with that, not the least of which are the "creepy" and "ewww" factors. On this point, I would concur with Eryn.

Interestingly enough, there is also a very noticeable double standard at play when it comes to this type of thing, and women seem to think nothing of borrowing their SO's clothes on the pretext that they are more comfortable, practical, and durable etc. for whatever particular purpose they might have in mind. Hence the natural evolution of "menswear", "boy-shorts", and the "boyfriend jacket" etc. when it comes to contemporary women's wear. But when the male partner expresses a preference, for example, for pantyhose or tights to keep warm in winter as opposed to bulky and uncomfortable "long johns" - well, that's considered "weird" and a whole other matter.

All that said, for those Cder's here who are the same (or similar) size as their wives or SO's, and who knowingly and openly share their women's clothes with them - you are the rarity and the lucky ones, and more power to you. The rest of us can only look up to you with a mixture of awe, wonderment, and admiration.

I am so jealous of the girls that can swap clothes with their wives. I'm ten inches taller than my wife and more than double her weight. The only she owns that I can share is a scarf and even that looks to small. I must've pissed somebody off upstairs. Let's see crossdresser...built like an NFL lineman.

I also look at those small, thin guys, you know like 5'5", 135 lbs, and wonder. Do they crossdress?. Probably waste it and haven't put on a dress in their lives.

Honey get your own thing.
    Angie

Silver Member
    You are living on borrowed time!!! She will figure it out very soon. Hope that you are reincarnated as a woman.
    Rule 1 Never borrow without permission
    Rule 2 Read Rule !

Luv doing girl stuff CherylFlint's Avatar
    Rule Number ONE is to NEVER, EVER wear anything of your wife's.
    Rule Number Two is to NEVER, EVER use any of her makup.
    If she wants to use your stuff, that's fine, but NEVER even think about "borrowing" any of her things, even if she suggests it.
    Trust me on this.
    There are two main reasons for Rule Number ONE.
    The First is when you wear something that's really yours it has the added attraction of making the cross dressing even more real.
    Secondly, you show respect for what is your wife's things and not mix and match to the point of you being an annoying little sister by "can I borrow this?" and "Can I borrow that?", "You wouldn't mind, would you?".
    Just because a wife may say it's "Okay", it is NOT okay.
    If you cross dress, do it 100% and get your own things.
    Visit thrift stores, it's the smart way to shop.
    Last edited by CherylFlint; 05-28-2013 at 08:47 PM. Reason: Not clear enough.

Hey! I'm going to have to show this to my wife. She borrows my makeup without asking. Women!

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    Buy your own stuff. Better yet, tell your wife and THEN buy your own stuff.
    What Reine said!

Love you Reine, Youre the best!

The avvy pic isn't me
    Forgive me for the assumptions IF i'm wrong, but yes it's time for you to go shopping.

Judging by the way you asked your question (nonchalantly and all), it would seem your thinking it is very common for all CDers to borrow the nearest females clothing. Nothing could be further from the truth.......and everyone is actually going fairly easy on you in the replies.

Read around since your new (and welcome by the way) and you'll see that shopping isn't nearly as daunting as your making it out to be.
    Goodwill stores can be your best friend. But the basic truth is that department/clothing stores would be delighted to accept your money.

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    Your issue is not with borrowing clothes, it's with respecting your spouse as a person, "Big Butt" indeed.
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57