Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why do I or any of us come to this forum?

Why do I or any of us come to this forum?

Why do I come here? I need to talk someone about dressing and the things I do. I can talk to the wife she doesn't understand my need to dress. Since being married I can't dress and go out and meet others like me and talk.

So I come here. I post I read what others are doing. I give you my thoughts on subjects. I tell you want I've been doing or going though. I listen to you.

But most of all I feel I have friends here.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

Did you say shopping? Caden Lane's Avatar
    To fill in the gaps in knowledge about makeup, or clothing...or associate with people of like minds and passions...to spark friendships with people who truly understand what we go through.

*~Plain-Vanilla TG Girl~*
    Dressing up gives me a Happiness that words can't describe
    well enough.

When I can't...work or other reasons...I can still be Very
    Very happy seeing others and reading their thoughts.
    Because I sure Do understand....

We "get it"

~Kate~ ♥ (loves her sisters!)

50's Housewife Wannabe Madilyn A.'s Avatar
    Lots of 'crazy' people who understand me, and I them...sharing a passion only we can understand...... or another words FRIENDS !
    Believe in the impossible dream, dreams do come true !!!

www.flickr.com/madilyna

Madilyn

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Glenda much the same here, I enjoy the threads and just making friends for those who have an understanding of this crazy thing we do.

Gold Member
    I come here for the advice and the companionship. This forum has given me much self
    confidence to even under dress, and push the envelop to the max
    Like today, I went out of the house with my bra and forms witch gives me a DD look,
    and a fem shirt and pants. Granted I just went to the mail box, but that is a giant
    leap for a guy buried in his closet.
    No this forum is a great place to at least type talk to others. I wish I could talk face to face
    with some of you, so my hunting and pecking is getting better.LOL
    Rader

I come here so I don't feel so alone with my feelings. Also,like to read the different opinions and points of view on the various topics.

Well, I'm really new here and quite young, so I can't say too much but...it makes me feel better to be here. I'm not alone and I have a lot of wonderful people that will give me advice and support. I don't have any family or friends that would accept this part of me so being here is a place where I can explore a part of myself without being stifled or judged. I don't know enough to where I could explain it to them...yet. Being here let's me be myself.

All in all, I'm here because it's a great place to be.

GG/SO of a CD
    Because if I were to tell people I am dating a CDer out in the real world I would hear a mirage of responses. Probably many of them negative. "He is a freak, you are a freak for being with him, you should break up, it will never last, blah blah blah" but here, nope not here. Here I get validated that I am making the right decision and that I am an awesome human being for supporting my SO through this process.

Platinum Member
    Hi Glenda, It's like the old saying goes, " Birds of a feather sticks together " .

This forum fills a large void in my life,
    I'm lucky that my wife only tolerates my dressing it's a DA-DT kind of thinggie around these parts.
    Last edited by BLUE ORCHID; 01-29-2014 at 09:28 PM.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I'm pretty much settled with who I am but come here to help others get through things if possible and add my experiences where I think they may help others. The greatest thing I feel is being able to be yourself no matter who that self is. In fact my one rule for friendship is always be yourself as that is the person I relate to and appreciate. There is so much more to all of us than our plumbing and exploring that is the greatest adventure of all. Works for me my friends.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I'm mainly going to be coming here for advice and tips, and I like reading other peoples stories. It comforts me to know I'm not the only straight guy doing this.

I tend to gravitate myself to the lighter topics instead of heavier ones here in the forum. But really I come here to remember that I am not alone.

Thank goodness for the computer age and sites like this. Without these I would never have realised there are others that feel like I do.
    I always suspected it but had never met another man who was as interested in feminine things as I am.
    I come here to be with people I can understand and be one of them.

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    Well Glenda, it seems like you've answered your own question pretty well. This is just about the only interaction closet CDs can get. I guess the rest of us just need a place to brag about our exploits!

Crossdresser
    I come here to read others' experiences and realize I am not alone in this. This forum has given me much encouragement and hope. Thank you to whomever started this forum. This is the one internet forum I am most active in. All the others I am only a lurker at best.

Banned Read only
    I like the people on this forum, so I come here.

I come here for support and to offer support when I can

Well it keeps me off the streets and I gave up writing graffiti and threw the spray cans away.

There's a great bunch of people to interact with also.

Not to mention getting a local weather report regularly.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beverley Sims View Post
    Well it keeps me off the streets and I gave up writing graffiti and threw the spray cans away.

Not to mention getting a local weather report regularly.

Honestly.........................me too on both

Nice, supportive people, good practical information on clothing and makeup, no flaming. This group is the most welcoming I've encountered.
    Dana

I come here because I like it here!
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

I like it here - and for the first time in my life I have been able to share my thoughts and feelings which has helped lift my self-imposed burden of guilt and shame - thank goodness....!

And you're all beautiful people...

And I feel like I've really connected with some people that I can call friends...

And it's still frickin' raining here in blighty...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

I used to think i was the only guy in the world with this "problem". This forum and the support of a loving wife has made me feel it's a blessing.

I come for support, understanding, maybe even a laugh or two. I enjoy seeing how people have over come their fears and grown as a human being. I have learned a lot from the experiences of others and hope that maybe by sharing some of my own experiences I can help someone else avoid the pitfalls I have had in my life.