Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Variants of transgendered women

Variants of transgendered women

[SIZE=6][SIZE=2]There are so many types and presentations of [/SIZE][SIZE=2]transgendered[/SIZE][SIZE=2] women around and all are so different.

CD very part time, only into women
    CD frequent, could find men attractive when en femme
    TG not yet 24/7, feel identified as female
    TG in transition and considering SRS
    TG full time but decided against SRS, enjoys her male genitalia
    Pre op TS
    Post op TS

[/SIZE]

[/SIZE]
    Last edited by ReineD; 10-10-2010 at 08:03 PM. Reason: Fixed your font size. It looked like you were shouting at people.:) - Reine

Aspiring Member
    I think this is a good thread. Thank you for thinking of it.

Duality sometimes hurts.. PetiteDuality's Avatar
    I think it's an interesting exercise, but nor sure how useful could this theoretical taxonomy be...

Where are the Transvestites that you didnt list. Also what about Transsexuals that dont want to Transition, where are they listed. Start a tread wouldnt it include every one ? Where am I listed, I dont count ?

Dazed an Confused Bree.
    What else are you going to pick on cause for me it just ain't worth it, so I just look away and keep moving forward.

Breena.

Oh sweety you have forgotten our

TV - Transvestites= love to dress as women as a sexual release
    DQ- Drag Queens= Dress to entertain as women or men

I personally know a drag queen who at 68yrs is a pleasure to be around at anytime. Plus she is a TS who is not only fun but very supportive of our community in Minnesota.

Gee Linda, I NEVER knew that. Thanks for sharing!

And are you sure you are all-inclusive? You might want to add about 1,001 other combinations to your list.
    Last edited by Traci Elizabeth; 09-26-2010 at 10:12 AM.

Just call Me: "W - O - M - A - N"

As King said: "I'm free at last, I'm free at last.
    Thank God Almighty I'm free at last!"

I know I'm 63 yrs old and have had cataracts, but I still don't need the large print magazines yet. If I tried to figure out what I was from you list, I'd say I'm a TGCD transitioning to a No Op TS, because Social Security doesn't pay enough for me to get SRS and still help my daughter and grandson. Here it's family first. have a great day...Billijo

I thought we had all agreed that operative status had nothing to do with one's status as a TS woman?

And what about the TS woman who lives full time, and desperately wants to have SRS, but can't afford it? (I seriously think there should be some sort of scholarship or charitable foundation set up for these girls)

Or the TS woman who has successfully transitioned but doesn't feel the need for SRS?

Or or or...
    "I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it." — Marilyn Monroe

To be transgendered is extremely fluid and ranges from the necessity to transition - to dressing as the opposite sex for halloween once a year. Also as life progresses circumstances may change.

There are so many wonderful people on this site ...
    Linda.wai
    7sisters
    PetiteDuality
    Bree
    Teri Jean
    Traci Elizabeth
    Billijo
    Hope
    Stefan
    and thousands of others, including me!

All of us unique. Each of us different.

Yay!!!

Be free - overcome fear!
    Wow, I never knew we could all be so easily pigeon-holed

I think that trying to classify everyone will always end up with discussions and exceptions, and therefore be a useless while maybe fun exercise. Like, what about the infrequent MtF CD who has an interest or fantasy about being with men, or the more frequent dressing MtF CD who is only interested in females? Plus, where are the FtM's?

Aspiring Member
    Linda, I think this thread is a good idea, because you didnt get all of the possibilities. I think we can all share where we are at and encourage people who dont fit into those categories exactly, so just dont know who or what they are. That was me. As someone who is beginning the process of transitioning, lives at home as a woman but has to work as a man, Im not sure completely what category I fall into myself.

Quote Originally Posted by MelodyN View Post
    Wow, I never knew we could all be so easily pigeon-holed
    Agreed! That's all I wanted to be is put in a box and labeled.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [SIZE="2"]Huggs, Renee [/SIZE]

The biggest problem with all of those definitions is that I am constantly evolving along the list. I have no idea where I will be next week.
    Michelle

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AKAMichelle View Post
    The biggest problem with all of those definitions is that I am constantly evolving along the list. I have no idea where I will be next week.
    The biggest problem with these definitions is they try to categorize every possible deviation. Trying to find what word defines the whole of who you are can cause more grief than is necessary - especially if you are just coming to terms with who you are.

I say screw the definitions!

Quote Originally Posted by Bree_K View Post
    The biggest problem with these definitions is they try to categorize every possible deviation. Trying to find what word defines the whole of who you are can cause more grief than is necessary - especially if you are just coming to terms with who you are.

I say screw the definitions!
    I AGREE with you that definitions is not helpful as they cannot describe the situation of each individual.
    However, as crossdressers, non-op and post-op have totally DIFFERENT long term outcome and psychological state, it might be useful to indicate their difference through such pigeon hole approach.

Banned Read only
    Sorry Sweetie,,,,, I don't hang out with pigeons! The only label that is necessary is your name other than that we are all different, yet all sisters. The only thing that needs to be put in a box is the lables.

Here's a interesting idea, that I think we can all agree. We are just people that are trying to atleast break even in this game of life. I hope everyone has a great week, or atleast a great day...Billijo

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Thanks, Linda! I had NO IDEA!

That if I CD infrequently I'm into women.

But, that if I start dressing more often, I MAY begin thinking about sex with my SISTERS!

THAT will make Sherry VERY JEALOUS!

So, I'll keep to an, "every other week", schedule for her sake!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I wasn't going to reply, here...the entire premise of the original post seemed to be an exercise in obvious, with no interesting theme or explanation to go along with it. But it did start a conversation that many of us have had before, and that I have at times found pretty interesting. And I thought your second post was much better and more usable than your original one, Linda. I guess I can understand, on one level, the oft-repeated ambivalence for "labels". It sounds good, anyway, I guess that's why so many repeat it so often. But then I snap out of it. Things like real prejudice and bigotry aside, we use language to describe what we see. It helps a little to say. "that's a cat, and that's a dog". Language is also a somewhat useful tool for describing our own state of being. Like Human being. Or being happy. Or being John Malkovich. I'm, unfortunately, not a born woman, but a transsexual woman. That's a fact that I cannot escape. For my purposes and feelings, it's simply "woman", but that's a whole other conversation... I have no desire to be confused with a drag queen or a transvestite. Drag queens and transvestites can be wonderful, fun people, with as much legitimacy within our created community as I. Heck, some of my closest friends describe themselves as genderqueer and the like! (hooo-did I really just say that?? Sorry!) But I'm not them. Nor do I really have anything in common with gays and lesbians, outside of a seething hatred for injustice, violence and unfairness. Terms can divide, undoubtabley, and maybe they make some feel unfairly "labeled". But words describe. They can divide, and also bring together. "Transgender" is a political term that to me, doesn't really describe anything but a community of gender-variant people, many quite different from the others. Useful because there is more strength in numbers, hence our affiliation with LGB, although sexual orientation has zero in common with identity. There is nothing wrong, to me, in pointing out that many of us are different and have different motivation for what we do. So go ahead and label me, baby. Just make sure you get it right! At least make an attempt, or you may have one pissed off bitch on your hands.

Hugs,

Melissa
    Last edited by Melissa A.; 09-28-2010 at 09:34 AM.

Be free - overcome fear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Melissa A. View Post
    They can divide, and also bring together. "Transgender" is a political term that to me, doesn't really describe anything but a community of gender-variant people, many quite different from the others.
    You are spot on their Melissa and because 'Transgender' is often used so loosely applied has been the reason that many of us have been mislabeled especially in the media, this was a case with a friend of mine a transsexual female who made the news recently... See this article and read the comments in reply to this... http://www.cairns.com.au/article/201...ocal-news.html

It was a guy in DRAG , not a "transgendered person" as written by the Cairns Post.Here we have another story that has been distorted by the Cairns Post to make it sound like something it wasn't. Gutter Journalism again.
    Posted by: graham martin of forest gardens 09:58am Saturday 10th July
    This comment isnt correct either because this female is a transsexual, not just 'transgendered'. See why people get so confused because of labels?
    i know the driver and until recently she was a man but has decided 2 go for a sex change operation as she feels that she is a woman, there is a waitin time that you must live as your prefered gender b4 they will consider actually doin the operation... so she is transgender not in drag!
    Posted by: 09:03pm Saturday 31st July
    Quote Originally Posted by Melissa A. View Post
    Just make sure you get it right! At least make an attempt, or you may have one pissed off bitch on your hands
    I share your sentiments Melissa
    Last edited by Melody Moore; 09-28-2010 at 10:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AllieSF View Post
    Plus, where are the FtM's?
    Didn't you get the memo? We don't count. (Okay, so I kid...kinda...)

From what I've seen, FtMs might be pidgeonholed in odder categories. We range from not existing to being butch lesbians in denial to just a product of third-wave feminism to having been sexually assaulted and hence are compensating for that, etc.

I daresay we're quite happy when we're actually recognized as "men trapped in women's bodies." We're even happier when we're actually respected for that.

And happy to see somebody actually brought this up.

[QUOTE=MelodyN;2276948]You are spot on their Melissa and because 'Transgender' is often used so loosely applied has been the reason that many of us have been mislabeled especially in the media, this was a case with a friend of mine a transsexual female who made the news recently... See this article and read the comments in reply to this... http://www.cairns.com.au/article/201...ocal-news.html[/QUOT

I don't have a huge problem with the use of the word "transgender" in journalism, per se. If the writer practices due dilligence, makes an attempt to find out something about the person in question, and uses the right pronouns, all is good, to me. Of course, describing someone as transgender in a news story should be dependant on their transness having some relevance, such as a story about an assault. So I have a problem, in this case, with the headline, and the theme of the story. I would think this being a deliberate act, a complete accident, or the result of drunk driving would be relevant. Her being trans doesn't seem to be, at all. The writer was careful to avoid pronouns, and quoted a person who used the word "she". Now, here's where it gets a little tricky-to completely ignore the fact that a person is trans could lead to a problem...I don't know if your friend has legally changed her name or her gender marker, but if she hasn't, and this writer had actually done her job and reported her name(why didn't she?????), one could say she would be justified in reporting her given male name. So reporting that the person was transgender, in that particular case, should have been an aside, such as, "xxxxxxx goes by the name xxxxxx, and she is currently undergoing(or has undergone) male-to-female transiton". If she's changed her identity completely and legally, it should have just been ignored. But her being trans as the focus of the story is simply attention-grabbing. Should transsexuals be described narrowly as transsexuals, when relevant, and nothing more? Sure, of course. But maybe a bit much to expect from people totally unfamiliar with the whole issue.

Hugs,

Melissa

One group you almost never hear of on these boards is the group that doesn't crossdresses at all because they feel no hope of looking like the opposite sex or even the desire. Feeling it suffices.