Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If you won the lottery: Survey

I'd go to London, Paris, Brussels, Amsterdam, Munich, Zurich, Rome, Vienna, Prague, Helsinki, St. Petersberg, Moscow, Bucharest, Istanbul, Bombay, Nepal, Hong Kong, Singapore, Sydney, Wellington (New Zealand), Tahiti, Galapagos, Tierra Del Fuego, Rio de Janeiro, Nairobi, Cape Town, and the Antarctic continent. Can you imagine the wardrobe change required? LOL...

I would move to place where this way of life isn't out of the ordinary, throw a coming out party for myself, then go on a TG world tour, hitting all the TG friendly spots in the world plus a few others.

I'd play it by ear on feminization surgeries. I'm still finding my way.

Eventually I'd retire to a place out in a rural area and start a rescue for big dogs.

I'd buy my wife a new car , if she would let me, and I would call back the guy that was gonna fix the porch before the market tanked, 5yrs past..................................... OH Yeah. Implants for me!
    regent,

I would pay off all of my student loans, all debts, and all my parents debts. Then shopping spree for myself and my wife.

I would take care of all my obligations, then buy a new house. I would then get my teeth fixed, then get electrolyses done on my face, and get laser hair removal on the body hairs. I will get breast implants, ffs also. I will live full time as a woman.
    Last edited by vivianann; 06-24-2012 at 04:12 PM.

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    I'd probably move Back Home (comparable house is about $150,000 more there.)

Other than that... if I had enough money to not have to worry about later in life, I'd be happy to travel and visit people, programming for them for free. (If that sounds strange, think of artists who care more about doing their art than about being rich.)

On the trans side of things, I'm relatively plateaued at the moment. I've already been on HRT for 17 1/2 months, and I do not currently have any impulse towards surgery. But having "enough" money would be good for the times when I feel like wearing a skirt or dress to work: I wouldn't feel any need to conform in order because I would not need the employment. (I haven't worn guy clothes for several years.)

If I won the lottery I'd wonder who bought the ticket!

I understand probability too well for lotteries to be enjoyable.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

I would have a sex change a full one and spend money on a new cloest and taking all my girls out for a night.

I never would win because of Eryn's point... I don't do it because the stats are incredible! There is no logical justification!

But if I did, and I did win.... I suspect nobody would hear from me again!
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

I haven't bought a lottery ticket in over 20 years, if I've purchased more that 5 tickets in my entire life I would be surprised.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
    I never would win because of Eryn's point... I don't do it because the stats are incredible! There is no logical justification!
    True story: a decade ago or so my wife went on a vacation that happened to include a day cruise on a ship that had slot machines. My wife urged me to play the machines. I, knowing the kinds of returns in those machines (as low as 60% of intake in places not regulated to be higher!) compromised by playing the lowest cost machine, the nickel slots, and got change for only $5. I played a few rounds, then won back about 50 cents, played a few more -- and won one of the higher payouts available on the machine, $5.95. At that point, having made a profit of about $3.50, I refused to play anymore in order to protect my winnings!

(Yes, I rank pretty low on risk taking!!)

I'd get some really secluded land so Angie could walk around outside when ever I pleased.And there would be lots of great clothes.
    Angie

A man won a multi-million dollar lottery.....
    He called his wife and said "Great news honey, I won the lottery, pack your bags"
    She replied "Great, are we going someplace"
    His answer "No WE aren't, just be out by the time I get home"

If I won the lottery, I'd start laser, HRT, probably FFS.
    Proud Daughter of the South
    http://www.facebook.com/loren.smith.581

I actually knew a couple that won it twice!!!

My problem with the lottery is that I have to win at least $5 Million .. since I have mentally spent $3M on all the gifts for family and friends, things done to myself and toys that I want to buy
    Oh for an Aston Martin, I would give anyone else's left arm for one, convertible, British racing Green ...ah.
    Plus the Spitfire, the ..... hmm maybe I need $10 million.

Giver her half and say goodbye
    WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies, projects, or any other purpose - YOU DO NOT HAVE MY PERMISSION To Use Any Of My Profile Or Pictures In Any Form Or Forum Both Current And Future.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaytojillian/

Oh Boy; what would I do, lets see. Pay off all the bills, pay off the kids(grown) bills, give them a million each(only two kids). Have my dream house built. go to Thailand for a complete AND I MEAN COMPLETE sexual change. Go shopping, shopping, shopping and then wake up to discover it was all a dream.

Molly
    "To thine own self be true"

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    If I won the lottery I'd wonder who bought the ticket!

I understand probability too well for lotteries to be enjoyable.
    They are not intended to be enjoyable. I do not nor have ever gotten any enjoyment from buying a lottery ticket. They, like everythng else for sale, are part of a money-making business. There is one underlying principle involved however: The odds of winning without a ticket, is ZERO.

Platinum Member
    I would build another addition on our house with super walkin closets for all the new clothes and shoes
    and my dressing room would have wall to wall mirrors.

Then I would buy a couple new fire trucks for our local volunteer fire dept and set them up with a trust fund.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    The lottery would allow for us not to have to worry about what something costs when we want to do house remodeling, or buy clothes, or cars, or whatever. Outside of removing that stress, I don't think I'd change a thing apart from the natural evolution of Tina's progress. It just wouldn't be a cost issue of any kind, and that would be wonderfully lovely!

I've heard it said that the lottery is a tax on math-challenged people.
    Yes, the odds of winning without buying a ticket are zero.
    But the odds of buying a ticket and winning are very, very close to zero.

Gold Member
    Hey look I am posting after Nicole Scott. Nicole is sure a popular name yes?

I don't play lottery cause it is a gip. If I played and won though - I would not keep working, I would buy an exotic car (hell with that modest crap) and I would not live like a normal person. Well i already don't live like a normal person anyways.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Are you SURE it's the biggest pot going? I think I'll need it!

I would set up a fund for each of my younger cousins and Crystal Alberta's niece and nephew to pay for their schooling wherever they wanted to go (also I would throw in some for my own future kids). My granny is in her 70s and still working: she can never hold on to money and has no savings because she gives it all away to televangelists, so I would put some in a trust account for my social-worker aunt and uncle to manage as her executors for when she cannot keep up with her house anymore and needs to either hire a carer or go to a long term care home. Other than my granny, I wouldn't give money to my family: they all have ways of making their own and it's kind of demeaning to say, 'here, accept charity because clearly you are making squat for money!' None of my family I am close to have debt other than the fact that my brother and his new wife bought a house together, and so I would feel totally fine with giving them a chunk towards their house but not the whole amount: I mean, it's their house and not mine, and I would just want to make sure that they had enough equity in their home to deal with it comfortably if they had something horrible happen to them and neither could work for a few years.

I would give a bunch of money to the Nature Conservancy of Canada so they can help protect vulnerable Grizzly Bear habitat on the west coast and help preserve the Y2Y corridor. I would set up a grant foundation to give money for enhancements to my favourite museums based on how they would decide to spend it, I would pay for scholarships in Haiti so they can have their own citizens train as technicians, tradespeople, doctors, nurses, builders and all the other jobs they are short of. I would put aside money to help clean up areas where debris from the Japanese disaster are washing up in North America. I would fund a prize to be awarded to the organization, nation or individual who works out how to deal with the Great Pacific Garbage Patch.

I would probably hire a personal assistant, to follow me around and keep track of where I put down my keys and my glasses. I would hire JaytoJillian to run Zumba classes for me :-). I would buy a smallish house (really, I would - I've lived in a big house and it is more trouble than it is worth!) and hire help to get the garden started up properly. I would get rid of any fricking kentucky blue grass, or brome grasses or anything else that was in the yard, and replace it with short native grasses so I don't really have to mow or water.

After I bought one of EVERYTHING off ModCloth, Irregular Choice and ThinkGeek, I would find an awesome indie designer somewhere in the UK, US or Canada and work with them to create any other clothes Crystal or I felt like having in recycled fabrics, peace silk, or organic cotton, linen, bamboo fibre or wool; hopefully they would be able to hire starting-out designers to work with them on internships in their workshop and be able to (with my funds) devote some of their time to sharing their skills by visiting schools in their local area to share tips with home ec classes. I would buy about fifty gazillion pairs of shoes: running shoes which are comfy, cute, and functional, hiking boots for summer, fall, and winter, climbing shoes, outdoor sports sandals, cute walking sandals, cute bike riding sandals, comfy ballet flats, awesome sneakers, snowboard boots that fit a little bit better, boating shoes, awesomely cute dancing shoes, high heels, wedges, and pretty much anything without those silly peep toes that always give me weird blisters and suck.

I would buy a vintage rolleiflex TLR camera and set up a dark room (so long as the weird chemicals needed didn't make me stop breathing). I would buy all the ridiculously cute cruiser bicycles a girl could want, and cheekily install a small motor-and-battery that would charge as I pedaled, then kick in to help take me up hills because I am absolutely rubbish at riding upwards. I would take weeks at a time off work so I could go on long trips around the world - I would find some way to kidnap Crystal along with me as much as possible. I would hike the West Coast trail, and bike the Romantic Road. I would backpack around Europe again, visit more of Asia, spend time in South America, Australia, Africa, and I would volunteer to work as an assistant on a research project in Antarctica so I could say I'd been on all the continents.

Hrm.. I can't think of anything more off the top of my head?! I think that's enough, though!

Quote Originally Posted by Babeba View Post
    ...I would probably hire a personal assistant....
    Mimi and I will be your personal assistants and help you keep track all the cool stuff you're buying!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    Mimi and I will be your personal assistants and help you keep track all the cool stuff you're buying!
    Sigh! Just when I think I am doing okay with not being too consumerist!

OOh! thought of another thing! I would make sure that cute little house I bought had extensive kitchen renovations, and I'd get a vintage Kitchen Aid from back when they were made with all-metal parts. When I travel, I would make sure that everywhere I went I had someone who was great at that style of cuisine teach me some of the basics of their food culture.