Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Crossdresser versus trans...what are you?

Crossdresser versus trans...what are you?

I was a crossdresser for several years but now a transgender.
    I'm not going to tell my story or reasons to transition neither the definition of transition but I see that many of us, trans people, were once cds.
    What do you think make the difference and what are you?
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

Banned Read only
    All CD's are Trans.

Because if you weren't even a little Transgender then you probably wouldn't have ever had the urge to crossdress.

When Devi uses the word Trans I am sure that she is meaning Transsexual. She is a trans-woman and it is common with trans-women to use the word trans for transsexual.

She did use the word transgender but that was probably her computer struggling because English is not its native language. LOL

I remember hearing the difference between a CD and transgender is 2yrs. I have seen folks that have started transitioned after 2 yrs of toying with crossdressing.
    I have been cding 50+ yrs off and on but have never really considered transition at least not for more than a few days.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Aspiring Member
    I am a CD and a very light CD compared to most. Not transgender. Not transsexual. No desire to be a woman. I cant really explain why I dont want to be a woman but I dont.

Banned Read only
    Meh.... You can go back into the archives of this very board and find my posts adamantly arguing that I was just a CD with no desire to be a woman...

I was lying to myself most of all, and I have never been happier once I accepted myself as Transgender.

Does that mean I am going to transition?

Not necessarily...

hello Devi,
    I am a man who wears clothes usually worn by women.
    That means that others may choose to call me transgender, non-binary or a crossdresser - these are just labels.
    I am happy and doing no harm to others. That is more important than labels, I think.
    luv J

Both and more

If I had to choose a label I would say I'm transgender. I'm not on a transition path now but there are certainly times when I feel that it would be the right path for me. Then again there are times when thoughts of transition age far from my conscience thought.

My signature kind of sums it up for me. If I were strictly a crossdresser then the clothes would be enough for me. They aren't.

I started as a CD, seeking my feminine side! (Sallee, I am slow, it took 3 years! LOL) I find that I am more Lana Mae than Harry! When I can do my name change, I will be Lana Mae! I am as I told my counselor: a Transgirl! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by Robertacd View Post
    All CD's are Trans.

Because if you weren't even a little Transgender then you probably wouldn't have ever had the urge to crossdress.
    That’s a pretty bold statement, and I’m afraid I must disagree. There is more than one crossdresser, who has no desire to actually be a women, or necessarily even pretend to be a woman. Many are inspired by erotic excitement induced by feminine fashion and form. Others by a desire to be beautiful. Some both. One would have to admit, that many men find beauty in the feminine form and fashion, including clothes, make up, hair, etc. I think, that sometimes, that translates, in some male minds, to feeling a need to emulate women in attempts to feel beautiful about themselves. No desire to be a woman, but, to look like one at times, and feel good about their appearance. Much the same as women, who dress to the nines on occasion to feel “pretty”. It’s, also, hard to argue that there isn’t a certain comfort and satisfaction to the feel of the caress of more traditionally feminine fabrics against the skin.

I’m not arguing that crossdressers in general don’t have a “softer” side, but saying they’re all transgender just isn’t true. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t care if somebody labels me transgender. I could care less, but I do embrace my masculinity, and wouldn’t give that part of me up for love, nor money.

Just my thoughts
    Hugs
    MeeShell
    I'm not a woman trapped in a man's body.
    "not that there's anything wrong with that"-George Costanza
    I just feel pretty in pink

Aspiring Member
    I am a CD and have been active for about 8 years in a DADT situation but had ?feelings? for very many years. I have no plans to trans?? (insert what you want!) but I can see the possibilities.
    Vikky.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adventure before dementia

Banned Read only
    You can deny it and come up with a lot of other explainstions that makes you feel better, but in reality I am right.

Transgender covers everyone here from the occasional fetish crossdresser to the post-op Transsexuals.

Neither, but thanks for asking.

Aspiring Member
    This always gets to a heated discussion.... but not every CD wants to be a woman. I'd say most dont. For those who want to be... go for it. But dont assume we are like you

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Why do some constantly try to nit pick and find a label or classification to fit in ?
    Isn't that just making things harder on them?

Banned Read only
    It's just human nature Tracii. Everyone either wants to belong to some group they like or differentiate themselves from a group they don't like.

I - am me. Not plain, not simple, but me. That said, no I do not want to transition, but I do enjoy wearing the clothes.
    We're all entitled to our thoughts and opinions, but in the end, you are you, and I am me.
    That ... that ... is the reality.

Banned Spammer
    Maybe that is true Roberta but seems to me that is the crux of why they have so many problems dealing with their trans ness.
    This never ceasing need to fit in and to be part of a group or classification.
    The spectrum is so large they may never figure out where they fit so its constant searching and stress making their life hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Devi SM View Post
    I was a crossdresser for several years but now a transgender.
    I'm not going to tell my story or reasons to transition neither the definition of transition but I see that many of us, trans people, were once cds.
    What do you think make the difference and what are you?
    I think I've changed over time, but I cannot swear to it. I liked bras and wanted boobs from the time I was young, but I did not think of myself as a girl until I was much older. I did an experiment for a class in college and enjoyed it and that was my first time seeing myself as a woman. That's more than 20 years ago now and I'm completely ok moving to and fro on the gender spectrum. Some days, I am just a CD, other days I feel as a woman, and some other days I'm just a guy who likes pretty things.
    Last edited by dallasmann; 10-31-2019 at 02:29 PM.

You can deny it and come up with a lot of other explainstions that makes you feel better, but in reality I am right.
    Why? Because you say so? I disagree. There are dozens of threads on this forum extolling the wonders of panties, girdles, hosiery, or bras. Sometimes in combination, sometimes a single article of clothing. Some of these folks will never, ever expand their wardrobe, because those articles are fetishes for those people. And they are satisfied with that, and there is nothing wrong with that practice. And how many threads about "underdressing" are there?

We have people on these boards who swear that they will never, NEVER!, wear women's pants or jeans. Why? Is it because they associate pants with masculinity or male clothes? Clothes have become gendered, even though clothing itself is genderless. Would you claim that a GG who wore jeans, slacks or trousers (cut for a woman's body, for you pickers of nits) as a crossdresser? Or as transgendered? Would you claim that a Scotsman, wearing a traditional kilt is transgendered?

Transgender covers everyone here from the occasional fetish crossdresser to the post-op Transsexuals.
    Pardon me, but you are mistaken. That is like saying that everyone with red hair is Irish, or that everyone who likes tea is English. Or that the GG woman who owns a pair of shiny PVC thigh-high boots is into BDSM. Or that every woman with short hair is a lesbian.

I am NOT saying that transgendered people are above or better than crossdressers, or worse, for that matter.

But there is a vast difference between the crossdresser who dresses because "it feels good", 'it feels taboo', or because they just like it, to a transgendered person trying to live their life the best they can and be authentic to themselves and how they see themselves.
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

Banned Spammer
    See what I mean the spectrum is so huge there may no answer for some.

I am one who detests thongs. Others love them. I admit that i do fantasize about being a woman a lot, and there were times, if i had had the money, i may have sought SRS. I still have fantasies about if i had been female, and i like being admired for my finished look all dolled up, and would like to meet gentlemen, for non penetration play, but reality is i need to stay male for a number of good reasons. I need my guy self, in spite of its not much fun being an unwanted older single man.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Dallasmann, You said it for me, too. I can very much relate with your experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    The spectrum is so large they may never figure out where they fit so its constant searching and stress making their life hell.
    The spectrum is "so large", only because we want to include everyone under the umbrella of transgender. It's very PC to include anyone who crosses gender boundaries as "one of us", but in reality, How much does a transwoman (or man) have in common with the person who wears only a single "genderized" piece of apparel, in the privacy of their own home, when no one else can see? How does a person who wears ONLY "specific brand, make, model, and color" of panty, relate to the person who gets up, shaves arms, legs, torso, picks out an outfit, fixes hair & make-up and ventures forth into the world, and presents as the gender they were NOT assigned at birth?

Is the male who paints his toenails bubblegum pink, and then buries those toes in heavy socks & work boots, transgendered? Is he a crossdresser? Or is he just someone who feels 'edgy' crossing gender boundaries?

Quote Originally Posted by dallasmann View Post
    I did an experiment for a class in college and enjoyed it and that was my first time seeing myself as a woman. That's more than 20 years ago...
    OK, ya can't leave us hanging like this, dish!
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

Tracii, I think the answer(if there ever is just one answer to these questions!) is that no matter where any member of this group falls on the spectrum, we do see we are somewhat different from the rest and are trying to understand why we're doing what we're doing.

I had a great time on Sunday and am working up a post to share it. I had the time to enjoy my "hobby" and went a bit further than the last time I got all pretty. Though I truly enjoyed myself I can't really say why it was such an awesome experience. I think all the self questioning is a part of trying to understand and possibly explain why I enjoy it. Each member seems to have a different goal or enjoyment, but we all have the same general tendencies to simplify complex issues, slap a label on something and move on.

I'm all for the discussions if they help anyone feel better about themselves,knowing they're not completely alone; I know that's what I get from reading and posting.

Dallas, along those lines I can remember back to when I was about 12 and using some bathtub foam to see what it might look like to have breasts, not sure where that would place me on the spectrum but I know I enjoyed it! About the same time I had started wearing "borrowed" underwear which relatively quickly progressed to full out dressing whenever I could manage to be home alone.

Some of my best memories were the times I pretended to be sick and spending the day progressing from nightgown (with a nap!) to lingerie to complete dressing with make-up and nail polish and that was all in about 3 years. Anyone watching the progression would likely say I changed but I only see it as the logical progression, which I am currently extremely comfortable saying I've gone as far as I want to go, not looking to become a woman but enjoying the moments when I feel that way.