Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My neice said my new Skirt sucks:(

I think the skirt is fine, I am not sure if I would like the style for myself. The shoes on the other hand are distracting for that style of skirt. Again, it all depends on the person wearing the outfit, and how they feel. I am sure that many would say I am far to conservative in my dress style.
    Enjoying the softer side of life!

Quote Originally Posted by trannie T View Post
    What size is it? It might fit me.
    It's a large but it stretches good. SO ya if your a size 20 it would. BUT YOU NOT GETTING YOUR HANDS ON IT BITCH. LOL. thanks for trying to steel my skirts hun. mad me feel better about how many girl here don;t seem to like it. I am glad the are being honest about it, I need all the advice I can get. so keep it coming girls. Since I am new at wearing short skirt's I need to know.

Quote Originally Posted by JoAnne Wheeler View Post
    Young people have different tastes - just overlook it - you could ask her to

picl out some clothes (skirts) for you that she thinks would look good on you

But you know, the main thing that I got from your post was that you are OUT

to your neice and she doesn't seem to mind - could you elaborate some more

on whom you are "outed" and how you have been received

JoAnne Wheeler

Ok I am out to everybody, even at work. I drive truck all over Canada and the states and I out my self at work , not on purpose but I did you can read about that and, You can read about all the friends and family I have told by reading some of my posts. Not all of them in my posts have I talked about it but some . Plus it make for some interesting reading LOL.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((("I LOVE BEING A CROSSDRESSER")))))))))))))))))))

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

If you don't like my (honesty) well TFB.

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)

Did you ask?

Hey Christina!

If you ask for an opinion you have to take what you get. If it was an unsolicited comment then it was rude. I won't comment on it since the only pix I have of Vieja are not likely to reap any praise.

Vieja

Quote Originally Posted by El.Vieja View Post
    Hey Christina!

If you ask for an opinion you have to take what you get. If it was an unsolicited comment then it was rude. I won't comment on it since the only pix I have of Vieja are not likely to reap any praise.

Vieja
    You don't have to take a good pic of yourself to comment on one. SO fire away hun I can ("sob") "gulp" take it hun really.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)

I'm wishing to be her SANDRA MICHELLE's Avatar

My niece said my new skirt sucks

The skirt looks just fine but the shoes have got to go. They look comfortable and probably good for truck driving but you need some snappier heels for that outfit. Come on girl lets see those feet!!

My thoughts:

If you want to be noticed . . go ahead and wear it and enjoy it.
    If you want to "blend in" . . . no chance!

Most of all, its about personal comfort. If YOU feel good ... that's what matters. Have fun.
    Mirani - [meer-rahn-nee] Beauty to Behold; to "See" beauty

My tupence worth

Loose the boots. Just my personal taste but short boots with a skist to me look terible
    Life is for living don't let it pass you by.

As long as your niece didn't say the magic death words " THAT SKIRT MAKES YOU LOOK FAT " wear it. I agree with most of the other girls is what you feel comfortable in is the most important criteria for your clothing choices.

Yours Terri

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Christina W View Post
    I was just talking to her on msn and she said it's afull . I love it HUGGS

The way I see it, you have two choices: Get a new skirt or get a new niece. I'll let you decide!

Gen

I can't say I like the skirt. Is it blue? The black top doesn't go with blue.

The thought strikes me that you should hug your niece. Not because I think she is right, but because she gave you her honest opinion instead of giving you the "It looks fine response".

Quote Originally Posted by Di View Post
    Maybe your niece would help you shop and get something a bit more suitable....if you love it it's ok for home just not a good look for you if you are wearing it out.
    I think that this is very good advice. I don't care for the look myself, but that's my taste. Your niece's taste differs from yous--so what. It's taste, not fact. I probably make some bad choices, but I do wear what makes me feel good and what I feel confident about. I think that that's what you should do.
    On the other hand, if I had a niece who would give me feedback on my fashion choices, I'd be listening and taking her shopping with me (though I wouldn't necessarily let her do the final choosing).
    I think that it's good that you asked: we all need constructive feedback.
    warmly, Linnea

Quote Originally Posted by linnea View Post
    I think that this is very good advice. I don't care for the look myself, but that's my taste. Your niece's taste differs from yous--so what. It's taste, not fact. I probably make some bad choices, but I do wear what makes me feel good and what I feel confident about. I think that that's what you should do.
    On the other hand, if I had a niece who would give me feedback on my fashion choices, I'd be listening and taking her shopping with me (though I wouldn't necessarily let her do the final choosing).
    I think that it's good that you asked: we all need constructive feedback.
    yes it is good. And I all ways hug her when I see her. we were talking today and I asked her when I go to my 20th high school reunion this Aug 1st if she would be ok with Christina coming over and going shopping , she said it would be weird in her town . I suggested I pick her up and we go to a town about 100 KM away cuz that where the best shopping is on Vancouver Island is with out going to Victoria, She said she would like that it would give he time to get used to Christina and in a town that no friends would see. Don't get me wrong she is fine with it mostly just she need some time to feel better with the way I look in person ya know? She also said that she hates how my family (my mom) can be mean about it and want to be the good one. She when she was young went through A very bad streak where she was a very bad person and I was almost the only person whom she could talk to and not be kicked out by. So this is good.I knew she would come around and I am very glad she did . I am very proud of me girl. She is happy with a good boy friend and all is well. She will also try to come on this site just she was unable to post and thing or befriend me so I might have to wait for her to post the 10 before she can make threads or make friends. When she gets here give her the warm welcome I know you all give new members. Her name is Littlelou so we shall see.

Trying To Understand.. LittleLou's Avatar
    im sorry but its just not my style, and i am just trying to have an input on ur second life, i didnt know it hurt you

aww way to make me cry... lol
    Last edited by Shelly Preston; 04-10-2009 at 06:14 PM. Reason: merged - please use the edit button

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLou View Post
    im sorry but its just not my style, and i am just trying to have an input on ur second life, i didnt know it hurt you

aww way to make me cry... lol
    All I would like to introduce you all to my niece LittleLou She is trying to understand my CDing so give her a great big hay and thanks LittleLou for coming on here. And no you really did not hurt mu feelings ....well maybe a little but that's how we learn and grow . SO thanks hun LOVE YOU very much hun. HUGGS

With the styles so many women wear, you should fit right in. It looks fine to me.

I agree with your niece, sorry
    I allow myself to set healthy boundaries ..... to say no to what does not align with my values, to say yes to what does.
    Boundaries assist me to remain healthy, honest and living a life that is true to me

I will be going out with my Nieces girl friend this time home and that's the next step my niece asked me to do so she can find out what her girl friend thinks and it might help her out except her Uncle/Aunt. SO we will see how it goes. Oh Little Lou's girl friend knows me from when they were little so it's not like I don't know her. Just she have like Lou not meet Christina. SO this will be fun It will be the first time I will have gone out with a "girl friend" . I can't wait!!!

Nice! sounds like you will be having fun...

but, honest opinion:

It looks ok.. Not really my style, but if you like it, go for it. Unfortunately, I will have to agree with your niece

From the picture it looks kind of plasticky and unnatural.

but that's just my own opinion,

Aspiring lady of leisure kay_jessica's Avatar
    Sorry Christina, but I have to agree with Tamara, TxKimberly and Mirani. The skirt is awfull, it does not suit you and it will draw attention.

And the boots just make it worse.

Kay

UNPASSABLE

Smile neice

If you like it that is all that counts.I like that style in deam as a work skirt and
    long mid calf for lounging around home.

ROBERTA

Quote Originally Posted by katty View Post
    Nice! sounds like you will be having fun...

but, honest opinion:

It looks ok.. Not really my style, but if you like it, go for it. Unfortunately, I will have to agree with your niece

From the picture it looks kind of plasticky and unnatural.

but that's just my own opinion,
    well It's not plasticity but it's like Silk. But it's just shinny. Thank you all for your input.

Aspiring Member

you asked for it

Deletion:

Deletion:

I think you are fortunate to have access to contemporary feedback.

dd
    Last edited by Deedee Dupree; 05-14-2009 at 09:46 PM.

If U like it wear it

I personally wouldn't wear it out but would wear it about the house. However I prefer skirts shorter than a lot of gals

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar

not the skirt

I think the skirt is fine. It's the combination of things. My wife is working hard to explain fashion sense to me and that's what the issue is here, I think. We really need GGs to help us out on this one since they learned this from the cradle!

I just think with that top you need a longer skirt and the shoes are a little too eye-catching. Then I think it works.

tina