Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First time in public -ooh!

First time in public -ooh!

OK - March 27th 2009 is a day I'll never forget. This might be a tad long, but bear with me I'm busting to get this out!

I had this day marked down to finally break the ball and chain from the closet. After putting on the make up (oh dear my skills are still atrocious ) and trying out half a dozen different outfits, and taking dozens of photos, I decided on the boring knee length skirt and the even more boring plain white shirt - what???? not the LBD, ahh, mebs another day for that

I had the time and place picked out. Parked the car about 50 meters away from a coffee shop on quite a busy street. One last check in the rear view mirrow, a couple of deep breaths then out of the car. Bought a newspaper on the way and walked past a few people. I did get the odd raised eyebrow and jaw drop, but nothing at all negative.

The experience at the coffee shop was bizarre. There was hardly anyone in the shop (mid afternoon), just a couple of customers sitting down. I ordered my double strength cappuccino to a jaw drop and a very positive sounding OMG from the girl on the counter, then sat at a window seat and started to read the paper, yeah right as if I could concentrate on the news!

Three waitresses delivered my coffee with huge smiles and a chorus of no way, until I smiled back and spoke to them....then they truly believed

The rest is pretty uneventful, I drank the coffee and left to a 'please come back again'. Walked back to the car and drove home.

Truly a years supply of adrenaline used up in an hour

BTW, I took my current avatar photo just before leaving home!

I had to share this with everyone here. Thanks to you all for helping me dredge up the guts to finally get out and about

Cheers

Tash

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    What fun! Isn't it intoxicating? In time, the adrenaline will give way to a feeling of utter peace, softness and "rightness." Enjoy, my friend!

Kathi

awesome!

I'm so happy for you, Tasha!

That old chain was no match for your strong femme side. With one brave, swift step out that door - your freedom began to the sound of the links in the chain breaking apart.

I take it the jaw drops were cause by your voice? In other words, they saw a woman until she spoke and revealed something they didn't expect? Do you have a femme voice? I try, but I sound more like a guy just talking in a high voice. lol

Sounds like you had a really positive experience and dropped some jaws in a really good way! I hope and pray my first outing will be as good. I think the talking part will be my biggest fear - I really don't want to sound like a guy or like an idiot if I try talking like a girl (and fail miserably at it).

You did it though. You pulled it off and experienced an amazing moment, I'm sure. You got me smiling ear to ear over here - cheering!

I hope to drink from the adrenaline chalice soon. I just hope it tastes as sweet as yours.

Here's to your bravery and success!

Congrats, Tasha!
    [SIZE="3"]Tired of all the lies and misconceptions about crossdressing?
    Separate fact from fiction and learn the truth
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="1"]My wife loves ALL of me, not just my man-side. Will you?[/SIZE]
    My informative and fun website | flickr photos | YouTube videos.
    Things to consider when preparing to come out to your wife.
    The unique story about coming out to my wife.
    Meet the official Babes of myCDlife

Quote Originally Posted by Gabrielle Hermosa View Post
    I take it the jaw drops were cause by your voice? In other words, they saw a woman until she spoke and revealed something they didn't expect? Do you have a femme voice? I try, but I sound more like a guy just talking in a high voice. lol
    Gotta laugh I think the jaw drop was for 'what's the hell is he doing'?

From a distance, apart from my size i might not get noticed, but up close if you look there's no chance of miskaking me for a female. That's just my opinion though!

I don't have a femme voice, never practised it really. Might try one day on a voice recorder.

Cheers

Tash

Sol III, Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way Galaxy
    Congrats Im happy for you, I hope some day I will be able to do what you just did

Remember, Always enjoy being yourself
    *Hugs*Kisses*
    [SIZE="3"]<3 One Soul on Earth, Two Spirits in One Body <3
    [/SIZE]
    PSN: Col_Scott
    Gamertag: Speederz

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am not sure what casued the OMG reaction but your pic looks really good. I am so jealous of your courage. Way to go.
    Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    I bet the OMG was for "OMG, I would never have known!" Until you spoke that is. I took a look at your profile album and I think you look cute. So ok, you got read but never mind, going on the "please come back again" sounds like they like you!
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

I live in the real world! DaphneGrey's Avatar
    Thats Awesome! Congratulations, I am so very happy for you. And your makeup skills are not atrocious. you are adorable.
    Living the life I choose!

Tasha, congratulations! It sounds like you had a wonderful time and you've found a very friendly place for future visits.

And, I have to concur with several other posters. You look lovely.
    Linda Marie Daniels

Way to go, Tasha. You make a very convincing girl.

Banned Spammer
    I remember my first time. I felt so free and light.

Oh and don't worry, you look great.

Good deal...So OK what's the next trip out going to be now that the "genie is out of the bottle"?
    Discovering the female self aka "Bitch with an Attitude"

AKA Elizabeth, Latin Girl
    Yeah!!!!! Another one out in the open. WWoooohhooooo!!!!!! Awesome Tasha, all I have to say is that you did and it feels better everytime you do it. I am glad that it went well and that you continued on your way to dressing freedom. You didn't let a couple of jaw drops and other things let you down. You go girl!!!!! Now all you have to do is relax and think of the next time you go out, just remember though, no LBD during the daytime!!!! LOL

Here's to you and your future adventures!!!

Elizabeth

I am so happy for you!
    I am in love with the most understanding GG and my biggest fan. Jennifer, I love you!

Tasha way to go, I know you are still on top of the world, I also looked at your profile and your pictures are very cute and I believe the OMG was from your voice. I do not believe they noticed you as cute and passable as you look. I think it is the greatest think in the world to break the chain, as I am totally in the closet my SO does not know, I have planed my first outing, with the help of a GG that specializes in helping Crossdressers and have set up a date for April 7, hope I do not chicken out as I am very nervous but very excited as well. Once again Congrats on you outing and you are a very cute girl. Have a great Girl Day!!!
    [SIZE="2"]Hugs
    Debbie Lynne
    [/SIZE]

Have a Great Girl Day

Way to go ....

Way to go, girl!
    You are an inspiration now to me .. and perhaps for many who are still in the closet!

Congratulations Tasha, I am glad to see more of us going out enfemme, it helps to get society use to us out enfemme. Keep up the good work my fellow sister.

Congrads on the outing--I remember that feeling -- the next one will be easier.

I'm wishing to be her SANDRA MICHELLE's Avatar

First time in public

Way to go Tasha, the first time is always the hardest. You look great and it can only get better from here on out.

OMG, another good looking gal to compete with out there!

Seriously, It's a great feeling and now that you've done it you'll want to get out more and more. It's fun and exciting and really help release the girl within. Especially if you interact with other people.

You've probably noticed not too many people really care that your are really a guy. They'll just comment on how convincing you are. Next time get some pictures for us to ooggle over.

Way to go girl!

Jen

Last edited by Jenny J; 03-28-2009 at 10:18 AM.

Congratulations on getting out!! Wonderful to hear you had a good time. Arent things so much easier once u get out the door!!!

Girls just wanna have fun heidi99's Avatar
    Awesome story, Tasha! Way to go!
    Heidi99

Thank you all so much for the positive comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny J View Post
    You've probably noticed not too many people really care that your are really a guy. They'll just comment on how convincing you are. Next time get some pictures for us to ooggle over.
    Thanks Jenny. The pics are in a new album, with a couple on the pic section

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny J View Post
    Seriously, It's a great feeling and now that you've done it you'll want to get out more and more.
    I hope so, but at the minute I'm still struggling with what I have just done. It's all been so quick, I wasn't prepared for all this to happen so fast .

Thanks again

Tash

Silver Member
    Way to go Tasha! Another beautiful butterfly spreads her wings and takes flight for the first time. I'm sure you will always remember your first time out. It is a very special ocassion. Congratulations girl!