Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Would you buy & ride a womens bike?

I ride my wife's bike occasionally in drab as I don't have one without a big motor. I have often wondered just why they put that ominous bar on boy's bikes (Yikes!!!!!!!!!).

ChanDelle

Gold Member
    the only real difference between a male and female bike is that one top frame bar.

And me, my fat butt is in no shape to be on a bike anyways.

One thing though, check out craigslist for used bikes.
    Rule of thumb for buying used exercise equipment - it is probably not used, it just sat in the garage for years. Someone probably rode it around the block one time and never touched it again.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

All of the Amish GG's around here ride 'girls' bikes, while all the English GG's ride the regular straight top tube bikes. With the exception of the Amish I haven't seen GG riding with a skirt, they all wear bike shorts. As Karen said, you can't ride very far tucked anyway.

Renyta
    "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds."
    Albert Einstein

Due to the associated problems caused by riding a womans bike while tucked

How about driving a womans car instead?

I regularly drive womens cars!!

Check the yard sales if it is just for an occasional outing or wear some sexy shorts and top. I have both in my garage and should get them out and serviced for summer.

Keli

Quote Originally Posted by Sharon B. View Post
    One thing about the woman's bike, if for some reason your foot slipped off of the pedal, you won't have that bar there to cause discomfort.

The ONLY time I ever caught the boys when riding was on a ladies bike. I had to grab the brakes and went straight forward into the bar that rises on a ladies bike.

when I was young I had a girls bike with monkey bars and a flower banana seat. I loved it. Had it from age 8 to 15 when I rode it right into a huge snow ball on the side of the road. I did for fun stunt man thing. But when I jumped off I bent the forks and dad told my it was now trash. I cryed when he through it away but oh well I got to get a 12 speed so it was ok. I would love to ride a bike dressed but would water proff makeup.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((("I LOVE BEING A CROSSDRESSER")))))))))))))))))))

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

If you don't like my (honesty) well TFB.

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)

I read in a bicycle magazine some years ago that one benefit of having a woman's bike is that they are less likely to be stolen. If you get a woman's bike paint it hot pink and you will not even need to use a lock and chain.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

It may be a Ft Lauderdale thing, but I see guys riding women's bikes all the time, hot pink, purple, you name it! I don't think most people care really anyways, they probably spend more time wondering why your not driving an SUV around than what type of bike your riding, lol.

Platinum Member

He said it's a girls bike

Some one said isn't that a girls bike your riding I told him that the salesman
    told me that it was a METRO-SEXUAL model. Then he just said HUH.
    Who knows maybe we are onto something here
    .................................................. ............................orchid

Semi Sane innocent angel
    Hmm now that I think about it, those hard plastic bike seats were the original DIY SRS kit . I say ride what ever makes you happy .
    Business is the the art of extracting money from another mans wallet with out resorting to violence

9 out of 10 Dr say I'm sane. The 10th one never made it to the hearing. Did you know that California has drop bears ?

First a groom then a bride. Never again.

I was thinking, why not use my 2 mtn bikes as women's bikes! Like they already have a low top tube! I looked at my old 1997 modified with Shimano XT and Rhynolite Wheels Pacific mtn bike and IT'S PERFECT AS A WOMEN'S SHOPPING BIKE! I hit a top speed of 27.6 mph on this bike! It's already nicely decked out with fenders and Jandd Commuter panniers!

SO I DON'T HAVE TO BUY A WOMEN'S BIKE! SEE THE PIC OF IT! I removed the Suntour Beartrap II pedals on it because these are old school bmx pedals that sell on ebay for $250+ !

Like I already have 9 bmx, 2 mtn, and 7 road bikes!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yes, just go out and get one. I have one and ride it when I'm wearing a skirt or a dress.
    warmly, Linnea

I have a road bike I commute with all the time. I just wear a pair of athletic shorts under a skirt or dress and I'm just fine. No need for a bike with a drop bar.

Banned Read only
    Jolan Tru,

I ride BMX bike made entirely of chromoly steel. Womens bikes are nice, but they can be broken easily, and they are also a bit bulky and heavy. So BMX is a perfect "unisex" bike for me. Furthermore, some cool things can be done with it...

Here is the picture:

Personally for me, riding a boys or girls bike doesn't really matter to me.. I'm a girl no matter what I ride..besides, I'd rather be riding a Harley..

Have you thought of getting a Moped??, I think those are generic and all have a low crossbar..
    [SIZE=3]Karen[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]I really do have the...Right To Be Wrong.. [/SIZE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkSTG...eature=channel [SIZE=2]and my mistakes will make me strong![/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Just call out my name...and I'll come running...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SxTo...eature=related just lovin classic JT again...[/SIZE]

I have both a road bike and a mountain bike. I would not ride a woman specific bike. As other people have stated the geometry of higher end women's bikes are different than men's due to body size. If you just want to ride to the store or around the neighborhood or are small in stature it doesn't matter. If you want to do serious riding then you need to go to a real bike shop and get fitted to a bike that is right for your size and body type.

Well if were posting pictures of our bikes, then this is mine. Only a week old. Red bikes are faster you know.

Glamerous Granny carolinewalker_2000's Avatar
    I regularly use a womans bike; never had anyone comment.
    [SIZE="3"]Caroline

Tranny Granny
    [/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Sara Jessica View Post
    OK Karren, you just look like the ultimate soccer mom. Absolutely convincing, one of your best pictures in my opinion!!!

There's been much debate about dressing it up at all costs versus being more casual but this proposal has to take the cake. I can think of no good reason to want to bike in a skirt suit. If transportation other than a car is required to get around, I'd suggest taking a bus.
    All need is the explorer or the wind star and that sayes soccer mom all over it!LOL

Surely you are joking. I had no idea there was a difference in bikes, I thought they were all for transportation. Gender specific, what a novel idea. Hummm just think they can make 'em with a crossbar for the girls who don't have the family jewels to worry about and without for the boys who do. I do suppose it shall be a bit diffucalt for the girls in skirts to swing their legs up and over the back tire but hey they'd give us a good show wouldn't they.

Serious a bike for riding to and from work, so long as it's close enough to do so, is good healthy excerise. Does it really matter what sex the bike is, i mean you're not going to take it to bed just ride it to the store, or work, or the park, or the ballgame, or....... .

SarahLynn
    Great leaders are not great because of their words or deeds but because of the greatness they inspire from others."
    (Legends of the StarDancer)

As an avid cyclist I will never understand the reason why there are mens and womens bikes! I think they should all be womens style because they are much friendlier to ride in sooo many ways. The straight bar on mens bikes are an absolute hazard to men if you know what I mean. I think it just shows how fanatical
    our society is about gender distinction. I ride my womens bike about 150 miles a week and I've never noticed any stares or comments, of course then I really don"t care anyway! Its all about the fit. It's also purple and pink.

I ride recumbent bikes and there is no gender differences at all on them. Far more comfortable and no "bar where the nuts might fall."

here is the wiki link for them en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recumbent_bikes.

I wont ride one of those regular bikes ever again. They are just too primitive (yes even those fancy racing bikes.)
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. Mark Twain