Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why do some of you (Not) put a pic of your fem-self as your Avatar, or post pics?

5) insert your own reason here!

The only pictures of me I have are male pictures(yuck) and besides, I wouldn't want to my hideous complexion to break your monitors. I like my tornado avatar as it is.
    Last edited by Stormgirl; 05-18-2009 at 03:36 AM.
    Merry

HRT since 2009

I used to worry about posting a picture/avatar for fear of being recognized. Finally I added an avatra and the world kept spinning. Nobody has said anything to me (except a few of you ladies). I know for me it was a big step. I just jumped in and have had no regrets. Secretly, I kind of wish someone would recognize me....I'd then have someone close to share Rachel with.
    Rachel Denise

[SIZE="2"]“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. ‘Which road do I take?’ she asked. His response was a question: “Where do you want to go?’ ‘I don’t know,’ answered Alice. ‘Then,’ said the cat, ‘it doesn’t matter.' "
    - Lewis Carroll
    [/SIZE]

Originally I had planned to take a pic of me in the dress seen in my avatar, and use that one. But after nearly having been 'made' on another site, I've reconsidered. I'm not out, and don't plan to be. Putting up a picture of any kind that could identify would be pretty stupid of me. As I don't like to do stupid things, I'm not going to do that just to satisfy other's curiosity of what I look like. I come from an era before widespread video communication; much was done with ham and CB radio, and we got to know each other just fine without any visual aids. For those of you who look great as females and like to show off, wonderful for you, and enjoy it. I know I'll never come remotely close to looking as good as the girl in my avatar, but I can dream, can't I? So in the meantime, I'll pass.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I want to put my picture but I have to post 10 times before the systems allows me..

Slim chance

If anyone can figure out who I am by my avatar! Good for them

I don't have a camra yet. I have other financial priorities rightnow(food, rent, clothes,shoes, etc.). I plan on getting a camra by the Fall, so look for some pics soon.
    Cary

Banned Read only
    Jolan Tru,

Like many others, I was also afraid of being recognized but after some time I realized there is nothing to worry about, so I decided to set my avatar, pictures etc. To my current knowledge, here is nobody from my country except one inactive member...

#5 - Don't have any pictures to post. I don't have the drive to take pics that a lot of CD's seem to have.

Besides, Kate Beckinsale is way hotter than me.

I have a profile pic and I'll try to have a small album and an avatar pic coming up in a few days if all goes as planned. I've been slow to get into digital cameras and my first digital camera which I bought about a year ago wasn't very versatile. I just might keep the "green eye shadow" avatar for the time being.

All above true. Mostly to keep the picture from proliferating. Security.

my nic says it all obsessedwithpantyhose's Avatar
    dont know how,,,,
    and all my pix r to big and i dont know how to shrink them for this forums format,,,

i had help with my avatar pic,,,

Banned Read only

My avatar's

The ones I am using now are cuter and pleasing to everyones eyes. If I take pics of myself everyone will be

I do not want to make anyone sick !!!!!!!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Aspiring Member

Advanced computer technology

I haven't taken the course to do the process. Any suggestions?

Silver Member
    Easy, I know what I look like. Real reason, I'm not interested in broadcasting that information. While many people know I wear women's clothes why should I tell the world.

One thing that everyone should be aware of. Several companies and some search engines now have face recognition software which can identify you in either mode. Soooo, soon you will be able to click on a picture and ask who is this or find all pictures of Sally Sue. For some it could be embarrassing.

a valleys girl at heart sadie67's Avatar

my avatar

the reason i dont have a pic of myself is simply that i dont have any pics of my self enfemme yet and also i connect to the website using my moble phone
    every journey starts with a single step

[SIZE="3"]Sadie[/SIZE]

everyone has their own reasons on no to post a picture or avatar...I post mine because is one outlet I have to express myself

Not just a pig-n-lipstick
    For me it used to be the Job issue but I have since moved into independent contracting so now it is not an issue.

It's relatively easy - there are documents that I am required to agree to or my employment will be terminated - unceremoniously. A part of those documents take a negative view of dressing, or frankly anything sexual at all - which while dressing is not sexual for me - it would be seen that way by my employer.

Additionally, I know one of the girls here IRL, (she does not know that I come here, or that I dress) and I am not sure that I can trust her to not out me. And yes, it is arguable that if she comes here - she has a "secret" too - but she is evolved in employment where she is free to be out - I am not.

So I protect my identity. It's not rocket science.
    "I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it." — Marilyn Monroe

1, 2, 3, and 5: don't have a digital camera and don't know how to post pictures! Someday, maybe . . . .

Michaella

You know I think if more girls put there pic's out here they would (INHO) be able to make there look much better to the point they could go out and feel more comfortable with it. Just my
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((("I LOVE BEING A CROSSDRESSER")))))))))))))))))))

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

If you don't like my (honesty) well TFB.

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)

my nic says it all obsessedwithpantyhose's Avatar
    i dont know how to shrink the pic,,dont know how to post pix,,

It's my wifes request that I don't put a picture up. A small price to pay for peace and harmony.

I have the right to not post a pic,I haven't seen anywhere in the rules/guidelines that a pic is required.
    Drink up me heartys,yo ho!

Kate

Quote Originally Posted by Kate Lynn View Post
    I have the right to not post a pic,I haven't seen anywhere in the rules/guidelines that a pic is required.
    never said you (had) to post I was just wondering why some of the girls here don't. The many different reasons have been very interesting to say the least.

Since they changed the way to upload pic's to your albums I can't figger out how to make a new album either. But I still know how to post Pic's in the threads. That's saying something.

I don't know how to shrink pic's either, But I barely know how to turn my computer on for the Love of Pete woods!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((("I LOVE BEING A CROSSDRESSER")))))))))))))))))))

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

If you don't like my (honesty) well TFB.

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)

Quote Originally Posted by Kate Lynn View Post
    very good point.
    I've known a lot of people on various boards that had an avatar that had nothing to do with the boards subject.