Thread: Tips for The 6ft n Over Club

Wink Tips for The 6ft n Over Club

::updated::

Hey all.. so I’m new to this site.. and iv noticed a lot of people having a complex about being 6ft+.. .. and I’m 6ft7 without heels!..

So i reckon this would be a good place to start to help a few people out with what i like to call 'The Tommy Ten Toes Top Ten Tips'

1) Get yourself a set of high heels that your comfy in and can learn to walk in..My 1st pair were a set of PVC boots that had a thick-heel-pointy bit if you know what i mean.. Think it only took a few hours b4 i was jogging to the mall!.. hehe <-Jokes)

2) Sneak out at night.. but not after the pubs turnout.. so if you bump into someone its going to be a complete stranger.. and be sure to say hello to him/her..no really say hello and see what happens.. i had to say hello to about 20 people b4 someone said hello back..but i was with my other half at the time and i was a little stoned.... sshh.. so we probably looked pretty intimidating..

3) Make sure u dress with style (check in beauty mags for stylish chicks that look like you and copy them).. and when you go shopping just pretend in your head you shopping for your sister or something.. so like measure your self at home use one of them conversation charts that are every were on the web so when your looking for something you don’t look completely blank.. hehe i just remembered.. i think it was like the 2nd or 3rd time i went out shopping.. (specifically for this skirt (all u can find when u r our height))... and this hot chick was there.. ahhh i went ssoo red! then she looked over and i was like *i gota be busted now* .. i thought bugger that.. went over and asked if she could help me shop for my sister.. i didn’t get her number as she was married.. but we had an awesome laugh finding something..

4) Don’t be scared to take the extra steps..use Veet for legs etc.. works wonder's! plus you don’t get all them annoying 1st time shaving pimples that itch like a b***h... Also pierce your ears with some earrings’.. it doesn’t hurt (if your hardcore like me), or if you want you can use an ice cube to numb the pain.. and when your done playing about, take them out.. the holes will have grown over by morning..

5) Be your self!

6) Took me a while to think of this one..for me, when i was younger, dressing up used 2 upset me cos i could "never pass as 100% fem"..then i went to colledge & made some awsum goth mates.. (yes i was a hardcore goth).. then without noticeing.. it became a fetish & i wasnt trying to be a girl n e more.. was just a goth metrosexual (almost emo) that went the extra mile & that i just let my fem side come out more than norm.. for me, its more about chilling out & growing with my desire/fetish'fem side, rather than letting it control my thoughts..

7)

These tips are taking a lot of thinking.. tune in 2moro for numer'o 7'o.

xTx
    Last edited by Trip_rockcity; 05-23-2009 at 12:58 PM. Reason: I want to make these tips count..from my heart..so i will take me time
    ~xTx~

I always enjoy reading constructive advice--thanks.
    warmly, Linnea

Wink

I am 5/10 with out heals can I still join this club? With heals min. 3 in I stand 6/1. Unless you mean over 6 feet wide well the I in. LOL.

What do you care what people think. I don't. Read two of my threads and you might just care less like me. First one called I don't pass bit do I care what the public thinks yes & mo you say (what) second one. I had a revaltion abouty shoulders weird eh. They might help you shop and not care what people think. This took me years to figger out so if you take a while don't be down it all takes time. Ok. Huggs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((("I LOVE BEING A CROSSDRESSER")))))))))))))))))))

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

If you don't like my (honesty) well TFB.

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)

Perception is Reality Dana Lane's Avatar
    I'm 6'1" myself and am fairly new to expressing my feminine side so I will be bookmarking this thread for sure.

6'0 here. Lot of good information. Subscribing to the thread.

Right now FINDING shoes that are size 13.5 or 14 women's is my biggest concern.

Trip, I stand 6-4 barefooted and have so much fun dressing. I pierced my own ears a couple years ago withh a sewing needle and rubbing alcohol and have them pierced even today. I have a 31 yr old daughter who is 6-2 so I shop where I know she gets her clothes.

Although I wish I was shorter it is not as much of a problem as one would think.

Keli

I'm almost 6'-1" flat footed, and since I'm not going to pass anyway, I wear the tallest heels I can manage. 6'-5" with rockin' calves beats plain old 6'-3" any day!

Kathryn Janos
    Ok, so, here's what I've learned from being 6'4".

First off, for a crossdresser, it sucks, plain and simple. Getting stockings in our size is a pain in the ass, especially for someone like me who is all legs as it is, plus getting women's clothing in general in my size is just so hard in person where I can try it on and not waste money on shipping.

For clothing, I want to stick mostly with long skirts to about knee length so they're never too short, well, unless I graduate to going to clubs, and dresses. Nice girly jeans in my size is the impossible dream, I think.

For shoes, well, I tried heels, and I just have terribly bad ankles making it impossible for me to wear them for any length of time. Since I also don't want to become 6'7" or higher with heels, I figure that just makes me stand out way too much, and I'd rather try to blend in as much as possible, so I found a good pair of flats in my size. They look nice and simple while probably being just good enough for anything upscale I might be doing or wearing. I may eventually get a very minimal heeled shoe for special occasions, but I don't know yet.

Anyway, I'd ask that everyone here share their favorite shops and online stores for tall women so that we can all try to find better fitting cloths. I'd kill for some good jeans with a nice tight fit that don't make me look like Pete Wentz in the process... Or, well, just a shitty wannabe anyway.

I got my flats from kathrynkerrigan.com. Right now it looks like their site may be infected with malware, so I'd avoid going to the site right now, but I've ordered from them and gotten very good service so far, so I can recommend them for large size women's shoes that don't make you look like you should be on a stage topless.
    "Thoughts are the shadows of feelings, always darker, emptier, and simpler. I don't care if they're fake or real, I just thank them for showing up at all. I have black periods. Who does not? But they are part of me; they are not a part of illness, but a part of my being. What am I saying? I have the courage to have them. Four o' clock in the morning. This sucks." - Alkaline Trio - Warbrain (First line courtesy of Nietzsche)
    WARNING: Sarcasm, dry humor, witticisms, and a twisted sense of humor is likely to be present in this post. Please read accordingly. If you are uncertain of my intention, PM me before posting a hasty response that will only serve to embarrass you. If necessary, I will clarify the confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by JacDoe View Post
    6'0 here. Lot of good information. Subscribing to the thread.

Right now FINDING shoes that are size 13.5 or 14 women's is my biggest concern.
    You don't say where you live, but I wear a 14 and am able to find lots of shoes on eBay, or on Amazon / endless. The trick is to find something that is not a 7" patent leather stripper heel... Certainly the options for us girls with flippers are significantly smaller - but options are available - especially if you don't mind paying $100+, I for one do mind... but I still pay...
    "I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it." — Marilyn Monroe

6ft 2in with no shoes 6ft 5in with can not walk in any higher

Aspiring Member
    I'm 6'-4" in my stocking feet a good place to shop on line is Newport-News for talls.

6"3" barefoot. Don't pass but love to wear heels. Usually 3" but do have some 4.5" as well.
    Rachel Denise

[SIZE="2"]“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. ‘Which road do I take?’ she asked. His response was a question: “Where do you want to go?’ ‘I don’t know,’ answered Alice. ‘Then,’ said the cat, ‘it doesn’t matter.' "
    - Lewis Carroll
    [/SIZE]

Very comforting thread...." IRnotALONE " I'll add finding those size 14 shoes in WIDE widths and carrying the back and shoulders of an Oxen here.... Couldn't pass in a cave on a moonless night. With all the other complications of everyday life I don't even try. Sure would be nice to have a sympatico friend of similar circumstance though.

I am 6' 3" and I can find plenty of shoes at both marylandsquare.com and zappos.com .

Clothing is a little more difficult. It is a lot of trying and returning but I am looking forward to gaining the strength to go shopping dressed and try on the clothes at the stores instead of internet shopping.

Clear Air Turbulence Joni Marie Cruz's Avatar
    Hi girls, I'm six foot one inch, at least in the mornings before I settle. So far, finding clothes and shoes hasn't been that hard, fortunately. Since it isn't my height, or not just my height, that gets me read, I wear what I like depending on where it is. Most of the time it's flats or low heels, but if I'm going out to a club lots of times it's my 5" cfmp's.

Our main PC is down right now, but I have several sites for tall women's fashions and so on. As we all know, g-girls are much taller than they were even a couple of generations ago, I am always running into natal girls who can look me in the eye. Anyway many companies cater to taller women including not only clothes, but shoes, hosiery, etc. I'd be happy to post them if someone else doesn't beat me to it.

I hope everyone is havng a great Memorial Day weekend. Have fun and be careful out there.

Hugs...Joni Marie
    "Because equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who's confronted with it."

--Joss Whedon, to a reporter who asked, "So why do you create these strong women characters?"

Quote Originally Posted by Hope View Post
    You don't say where you live, but I wear a 14 and am able to find lots of shoes on eBay, or on Amazon / endless. The trick is to find something that is not a 7" patent leather stripper heel... Certainly the options for us girls with flippers are significantly smaller - but options are available - especially if you don't mind paying $100+, I for one do mind... but I still pay...
    That's precisely what it is. I do mind paying $100.

Sure, I can find a pair of 2.5-3" heels online at Zappos or whatever, in a 14 or 14W (13.5W seems to not exist for all intents and purposes), but it'll be some fancy designer that costs $120-150.

I can't really justify that at all, but at the lower end of the scale, you find your 7" patent leather (and Plexiglas sometimes!) stripper heels.

I've found one shop (which I've lost the address for) that was selling something good for ~40, but in all of one style.

I should not that I have absolutely disgusting feet and toes, so I can't wear anything open-toe which makes it even harder.

$100 bucks is highway robbery for anything but the best of running shoes. Looking at the typical construction of ladies heels indicates a standard production cost of about 5 bucks even outside of a sweat shop. Heck, they build MP3 players and sell them for 15 bucks!

Disgusting feet aside..... Cramming wide gnarly old feet into "cheap" pumps can be a painful ordeal. Sandals are a whole 'nother thing for us Bozo footed girls.

Quote Originally Posted by JacDoe View Post
    That's precisely what it is. I do mind paying $100.
    I should not that I have absolutely disgusting feet and toes, so I can't wear anything open-toe which makes it even harder.

Here's a tip...

Wigs give an awful lot of padding on those occasions where you don't stoop far enough, when going through a doorway.
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]