Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A Sense of Humor

A Sense of Humor

One thing I've noticed here on this forum is a distinct lack of a sense of humor. Question - have you ever gotten fully dressed up - to the nines - looked in the mirror, and busted out laughing? If not, WHY NOT? Honestly, if you can't laugh at yourself sometimes, what good is life? I understand the issues we deal with are serious ones sometimes, no question. BUT, laughter is the best medicine. Unless you have cancer, of course. Then, laughter would definitely NOT be the best medicine. In fact, you may want to see a doctor at some point.

Crysten

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Oh, good Lord, yes!! "What am I doing?!" seemed to be my thought at the time. I laughed so hard that my eyes watered more than if I had poked one with the mascara brush. I love laughter, and laugh at mself much more often than others who see me in the street (in boy or girl mode). Still, more than laughter, I like the soft, gentle smile I get when I look in the mirror.

Kathi

Coda...

Talking

You clearly haven't met me yet...

I don't remember laughing but I do remember thinking "what are you thinking?" And when it comes to this forum, I am either dead serious or totally whacked. Whacked is more fun...
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Quote Originally Posted by Crysten View Post
    One thing I've noticed here on this forum is a distinct lack of a sense of humor. Question - have you ever gotten fully dressed up - to the nines - looked in the mirror, and busted out laughing? If not, WHY NOT? Honestly, if you can't laugh at yourself sometimes, what good is life? I understand the issues we deal with are serious ones sometimes, no question. BUT, laughter is the best medicine. Unless you have cancer, of course. Then, laughter would definitely NOT be the best medicine. In fact, you may want to see a doctor at some point.

Crysten
    I understand what you are saying but I do have to differ with your thoughts about a sense of humor. There's Karen Hutton and TXKimberly and I think they have a great sense of humor.

I always get a good chuckle at some of their posts.

Jen

I have a great sense of humor . I can laugh at myself, after I am the funnest person in the room now..... hummm no one else here .....oh well. I have a twisted sense of humor and I love to pun a lot. When My uncle and I get together and start puning the rest of the family leaves the room. SO there you go bye bye see ya.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((("I LOVE BEING A CROSSDRESSER")))))))))))))))))))

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

If you don't like my (honesty) well TFB.

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)

Aspiring Member
    What the heck took you so long to bring humor up since that train wreck back there?

When I first began to dress fully so much was funny, and I love when that happens now. Concerning cancer, or any other terminal disease, I know from first hand exp. that laughter is good medicine
    in addition to what the doc's can do.

On the forum I try to not make too many wise cracks... but it's getting harder to control the urges and I know the urges are not going to go away. Sooner or later when I can't repress it any longer, the clown within will emerge and take over...

dd
    Last edited by Deedee Dupree; 06-04-2009 at 12:56 AM. Reason: oops, things crossed there..some additions

Quote Originally Posted by Deedee Dupree View Post
    What the heck took you so long to bring humor up since that train wreck back there?

When I first began to dress fully so much was funny, and from time to time it still happens when I dress.

On the forum I try to not make too many wise cracks... but it's getting harder to control the urges and I know the urges are not going to go away. Sooner or later when I can't repress it any longer, the clown within will emerge and take over...

dd

I will make you a deal hun If you want to make jokes you may use all of my threads to joke with just joke about the stuff I talk about myself with some others might not take it so well if you joke about something they said. SO feel free to laugh at me I will not be offended hun.

By the way your mother wears combat boots and dresses you funny.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((("I LOVE BEING A CROSSDRESSER")))))))))))))))))))

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

If you don't like my (honesty) well TFB.

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)

Lack of sense of humor? Oh no, I disagree. At least in my case, I laugh at myself at some point every time I dressed myself up. It's just a defense mechanism I think, cos if I stopped and took myself too seriously, I think I'd end up in a worse place than I am now with regards to my trans nature.

Safer for me to take myself lightly...

jenn

I got a great sense of humor

I laugh every time I dress up. Because I am just so damn happy. I love being a girl. Daviolin
    [SIZE="6"]
    [/SIZE]
    A CD AND HIS WARDROBE, ITS A BEAUTIFUL THING.

My brand of humor (rude-ees brand off-putting humor) tends to be a bit more sarcastic and dry. Which is simply a bear to translate into text, because once you have explained the joke, it is suddenly not funny any more. Perhaps you have missed it.

Also - I think folks tend to come here with some pretty serious pain and some pretty heavy questions, and some pretty obvious vulnerability. While that is probably the place where a bit of gentle humor is most needed (not rude-ees brand) it is also not always conducive to a lot of humor.

But I agree with your whole heartedly. Anyone who hasn't laughed at themselves in the shower shaving their legs, or at the gremlin sized mat left in the drain when they are done - is going about this all wrong.
    "I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it." — Marilyn Monroe

Why would anyone want a sense of humor as life is far to serious, i would never ever think about making a joke about something and as for laughing , well it took me 3 hours to trowel on the makeup if i laughed it will crack and the filler never seams to go on quite right after the rest have set.
    AND if you put a laughing smilie in the WRONG place you are in deep poo. Not that i would know how did they get there
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny J View Post
    There's Karen Hutton and TXKimberly and I think they have a great sense of humor.

Jen
    I'm sorry, Jen, but I'm confused; does that mean they have one sense of humor between them?
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Aspiring Member
    This is serious stuff! Don't you remember the first time that you pulled on a pair of panties? I bet that not one of us laughed. It was such an incredible feeling that we all wondered where that one single event was going to take us. For those who have become more relaxed and accepting of themselves, then I think we can look at ourselves in a more humorous light. It is only when we truly accept ourselves as we are, then we can find humor in our journey.

We laugh at our own fear of that first time out in public; we laugh at our lame attempts of putting on make up and we laugh at our reflections in the dressing room mirror when we never dreamed that the outfit we picked out made us look that way. The more confidence we have with ourselves, the more we are able to laugh at the way we look.

Smile

Debs and I laugh all the time about all sorts and yes even about CDing occasionally ... well she is blonde and does blonde very very well
    I allow myself to set healthy boundaries ..... to say no to what does not align with my values, to say yes to what does.
    Boundaries assist me to remain healthy, honest and living a life that is true to me

Crysten,

Your blood is worth bottling honey.

A - this if fun

B - it is funny

and C if it wasn't for the humour it might just drive us mad.

Keep laughing,

Jan

One of the main things I have learned is to just be myself and not take myself that seriously in either mode. Seems to work for me.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Crysten
    Crysten, laughter is always the best medicine irrespective of the circumstances. Anyone who has not had a laugh from their CDing attempts at times is just taking life too serious. This is usually a fairly serious forum but every now & then I come across a comment that causes lots of laughter.

Maybe we need to set up a jokes or funny stories section to lighten things up a bit.

Mod Note: We do have a joke/humor section... you can find it here.
    Last edited by Holly; 06-04-2009 at 10:02 AM. Reason: Added Note

Funny, Funny?

[SIZE="4"]How can I have any humor? CDing is a very serious business! Now look what you made me do! You got me all upset, and my mascara is running...[/SIZE]

Everybody's normal until you get to know them. - Tracy Schapes

An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Blog: Tracy's Happy Place

I do have a sense of humour, a quite vicious and sarcastic one which is very prevalent in my everyday life. But, when I am on these forums, a lot of the time I am opening up about things that have dominated my whole life, and some of it is very painful and continues to be painful at times, and I just can't be flippant about it.

Banned Read only
    One thing I've noticed here on this forum is a distinct lack of a sense of humor.
    Jolan Tru,

If you are looking for a humorous atmosphere in this forum, then you are definitely in the wrong place. Do you want a jokes? Take a comic strip...

No sense of humor? I think not as there are a number of girls here seem to find humer at all times. As for me, I find myself looking into the mirror while putting on my makeup and have to ask what is my late wife thinking as she looks over my shoulder. Then there is the time I spend with her sisters and laugh at the silly things we do are talk about. Humor has it's place and then there i the serious moments, you just have to look for it.

Wow where did all that come from? Oh yah I have my blond wig in the closet. Huggs Keli

absolutly

All the time I mean really who am I fooling, not me that's for sure

SO of Lisa Golightly Deb The Brunette's Avatar
    No sense of humour? ...... you ain't met me then lol

Some people build walls around themselves......not to keep people out
    But to see who cares enough to break them down
    So thanks lisa for taking a bloody great sledgehammer to mine you certainly made short work of it

Loves you Poppet
    x

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sense of Humour. Oh yes I have one, I mean when I look in the mirror I need to have one otherwise I wouldn't continue with this.

You'll notice there are no face pics of me. One reason is that I'm still working on make-up techniques etc and until such time as I stop looking like a clown there will be no face pictures. My sense of humour is one of things that helps me keep life (in general) in perspective. However, my sense of humour my not be to everyones tastes so I tend to keep it at bay unless I really know someone.