Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Close Call at my Hotel Today

Close Call at my Hotel Today

This morning I was about to leave my hotel room for a nice long run, dressed in my little jogging outfit, wig pulled back under my girly ball cap, when I spied the housekeeper just starting on my floor – perfect! I asked her if she could make up my room first, so by the time I got back from my run it was all finished, now I could put on the Do Not Disturb sign, change into a woman and come and go all day at my leisure, heaven! Or so I thought…a few hours later, when I got back from Starbucks and shopping, neither one of my magnetic keys worked – disaster! I was about to endure the humiliation of presenting myself to the front desk dressed as a woman in a denim skirt, where identification would no doubt be required, when I spied the same housekeeper down the hall. “Remember me?” I asked her, and she let me into my room with her key. Salvation! Wiped off my lip gloss and put on sunglasses, a quick change back into a guy, two new keys, and now I’m back in girl mode for the rest of the day. That housekeeper is gonna get a HUGE tip!

Been there....

What a horrifying feeling to insert that key and not hear the lock open. Talk about your stomach doing flip flops! Fortunately I persevered and on about the 10th attempt I heard that wonderful sound!

I later found out that cell phones are card key killers.

Hmmmm...good info on cell phones vs. card keys. Any idea how close they have to be to wipe out the codes? I've had a few problems before, but never even considered this as a possibility.

Thanks!

ChanDelle

You want to try sleepwalking at the hotel in just your panties and smeared make-up from the night before. Ouch. Ha-ha
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/

Mostly Harmless...
    Quote Originally Posted by ChanDelle View Post
    Hmmmm...good info on cell phones vs. card keys. Any idea how close they have to be to wipe out the codes? I've had a few problems before, but never even considered this as a possibility.

Thanks!

ChanDelle
    I remember reading something about not keeping them in the same pocket.

That really was a close call on you. It must have felt terrible, being there in front of the door to your own hotel room, but unable to open it up. Especially if you are dressed and you aren't used to go around people. I would have freaked out in a situation like that, I think.
    I look like a Girl
    With Makeup on my Face
    In Reality
    A cute Kitty I am!

I have to admit, it was hard to keep my cool, sometimes I think I should have been a double agent, at least I have the disguise part down pat. I actually have a fake photo ID with my picture as a woman, my real last name and a female first name with the same initial (don't ask me how I got it) which I had to use at a hotel one time to charge breakfast to my room, the things we do...

Not so new... well sorta GINA-CD's Avatar
    That happened to me once but it was 2 am, so no housekeeping woman around. Lucky I could call the front desk (don't ask me why there was a phone next to the elevators in my floor!!!) and they sent up a security guy who was kind to me and didn't even blink when I showed my ID.

That story is here if you want to read more scary stories from other girls. Lots of good advise there also!
    I'll be ready when I'm ready

A man's got to do what a man's got to do. A woman must do what he can't.Rhonda Hansome

Theres no time to lose, I heard her say
    Catch your dreams before they slip away
    Dying all the time / Lose your dreams
    And you will lose your mind. / Aint life unkind?
    Ruby Tuesday, The Rolling Stones

Yikes, good thing she was so considerate

Close call--lucky you that that housekeeper had a good memory. Being stuck like that is one of my worst nightmares.
    warmly, Linnea

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Never put magnetic key cards, or credit/debit cards, anywhere near a cellphone or anything with a battery. That magnetic strip will be wiped clean in a flash! Even keyless entry car keys can do it!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

this thread reminds me of a time i had at a motel. I have discussed this before but here i go again lol. anyways i was employeed sometime ago at a motel, and under my terms of employment i took a room in exchange for partial pay. anyways, the town had huge ice storm and wiped out power to most of the city, including the motel one night. so, being confident that i was in the dark, i snuck into the hall wearing a demin skirt and blouse bra and panties and socks. But then my cat ran out the door. I panicked and called him back but he didnt come. so, as i let go of the door, it shut. i picked up the cat, but then realized thati was locked out.

i had 2 options: 1) hope the maintence room wasopen and i could get he spare key. And it was , but my key was missing (of course). and 2) head to the front desk and get a key. i was so scared but i had no choice. so in the laundry room i found a bedspread and took my blouse and bra off. then covered w/ the blanket and went to the front for a key. Thank god noone saw me...but it was 1 terrible night for me LOL

Aspiring Member
    I had the opposite situation happen to me. I spent a week in a motel in January so I could take care of my mother after her surgery. I drove the 300 miles to Northern Illinois en fem so I checked in as a woman. But sometimes I would leave my room in guy mode. One time when I came back my key card wouldn't work. I had noticed earlier that there was a common bathroom near the front desk. I ducked in there and locked the door. Luckily I had my purse with me. I fluffed my hair then put on earrings and lipstick.
    Then in my softest voice I told the clerk at the desk about my key problem. He fixed it and said, "There you go ma'am." Luckily I have a unisex name and a fem picture on my drivers license. It saved me that day. Leanne

Quote Originally Posted by sissystephanie View Post
    Never put magnetic key cards, or credit/debit cards, anywhere near a cellphone or anything with a battery. That magnetic strip will be wiped clean in a flash! Even keyless entry car keys can do it!
    That has been disproved that cell phones do that. The power to erase the info on a debit ,credit or hotel cards need a very strong mag to do the damage. Like the power form an electro magnet, and that has to have pretty good power to erase the info on the strip. Like the belief that there is enough power and spark ability to start a fire while your filling up. That is caused by you getting in and out of the car and not grounding your self before you touch the handle and a little static spark can happen when you touch it and poof there you go.
    It's just that the card keys are not that great and all that. Plus the door readers and not full prof yet. So don't worrie about your cell phones ladies they are not the cause of worrie , unless you throw it at someone then you might be in trouble LOL.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((("I LOVE BEING A CROSSDRESSER")))))))))))))))))))

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

If you don't like my (honesty) well TFB.

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)

those darn key cards can be a royal pain dressed or not. I can't count the number of times I've gotten one at check in walked to me assigned room carting suit cases full of clothes for the two of me and the darn thing wouldn't open the door. Trapes back to the front desk haulling all my stuff to get a new card and that one didn't work either. For my money bring back regular metal keys.

Quote Originally Posted by Christina W View Post
    That has been disproved that cell phones do that. The power to erase the info on a debit ,credit or hotel cards need a very strong mag to do the damage. Like the power form an electro magnet, and that has to have pretty good power to erase the info on the strip. Like the belief that there is enough power and spark ability to start a fire while your filling up. That is caused by you getting in and out of the car and not grounding your self before you touch the handle and a little static spark can happen when you touch it and poof there you go.
    It's just that the card keys are not that great and all that. Plus the door readers and not full prof yet. So don't worrie about your cell phones ladies they are not the cause of worrie , unless you throw it at someone then you might be in trouble LOL.
    I think there's something to it, the front desk at my hotel told me not to put my key next to my cell phone, and I've been told that several times at other hotels too...as a rule I always ask for two keys, and I keep one in my purse and one in a pocket or my shoe in case I lose my purse, so it's unusual for both of them to go bad.

where's the stop button? Daenna Paz's Avatar

electronic keys from hell

It's only happened to me twice - both times dressed, both times early A.M.
    It must be my lipstick!!
    [SIZE="3"]Daenna[/SIZE]

Aspiring Member
    I don't know about the cell phone being able to demagnitize the key card. I have had a card demagnitized from being in contact with a metal object.

More late night desk clerks have seen me en femme than in drab. I either forget the plastic key or it malfunctions. It is absolutely no problem, go to the office show ID and get a new key, no problem, the desk clerk gets to see a crossdresser, and the crossdresser is able to get into the room.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by windycissy View Post
    I think there's something to it, the front desk at my hotel told me not to put my key next to my cell phone, and I've been told that several times at other hotels too...as a rule I always ask for two keys, and I keep one in my purse and one in a pocket or my shoe in case I lose my purse, so it's unusual for both of them to go bad.
    That's why it's a myth hun. If enough people believe it that it must be true right? I mean you have seen the sings to not use your cell phone while fueling up. the study that's been done has disproved that plus the magnet or battery of the cell phone. I think you all might remember a few years ago when they said you can get cancer for the radiation off the cell. Is that true? NO. E.T.C. I could go on but I hope I have put my point out there. Ta Ta.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((("I LOVE BEING A CROSSDRESSER")))))))))))))))))))

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

If you don't like my (honesty) well TFB.

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)

A quick Google search turns up quite a bit about cell phones and magnetic key cards...it's a particular problem for BlackBerries (I have a Pearl, very slim and feminine) see the following discussion on BlackBerry Chick: Can Blackberry Erase Magnetic Card or Electronic Car Key

I sometimes wonder what I would do in the event of a fire alarm. I've been in hotels several times when they've gone off, but that was before I included makeup and wigs in my crossdressing routine. Wig no biggie I guess, but makeup removal is a bit time-consuming. I virtually always have coworkers in the same hotel who have no idea about me, so taking my chances en femme is probably not the way I'd want to go!

That's happened to me when I go out on a run, of course I haven't been in girl mode!!

Quote Originally Posted by windycissy View Post
    This morning I was about to leave my hotel room for a nice long run, dressed in my little jogging outfit, wig pulled back under my girly ball cap, when I spied the housekeeper just starting on my floor – perfect! I asked her if she could make up my room first, so by the time I got back from my run it was all finished, now I could put on the Do Not Disturb sign, change into a woman and come and go all day at my leisure, heaven! Or so I thought…a few hours later, when I got back from Starbucks and shopping, neither one of my magnetic keys worked – disaster! I was about to endure the humiliation of presenting myself to the front desk dressed as a woman in a denim skirt, where identification would no doubt be required, when I spied the same housekeeper down the hall. “Remember me?” I asked her, and she let me into my room with her key. Salvation! Wiped off my lip gloss and put on sunglasses, a quick change back into a guy, two new keys, and now I’m back in girl mode for the rest of the day. That housekeeper is gonna get a HUGE tip!
    Ya know, what's so humiliating about presenting in a denim skirt? You seem so "out" in some of your other posts that frankly I'm surprised that you needed to get back into guy mode to get a new key. You're clearly running about the hotel in girl mode, you don't think security has already spied the TG in their midst?

Quote Originally Posted by Annamarie B View Post
    I sometimes wonder what I would do in the event of a fire alarm. I've been in hotels several times when they've gone off, but that was before I included makeup and wigs in my crossdressing routine. Wig no biggie I guess, but makeup removal is a bit time-consuming. I virtually always have coworkers in the same hotel who have no idea about me, so taking my chances en femme is probably not the way I'd want to go!
    Been there, done that with the fire alarm thing a few weeks back in Vegas. My problem is that I didn't want to be "overdressed" for the evacuation as we were getting ready to go out for the evening. I posted a thread about this experience in the pictures section if you're interested in reading the rest.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Quote Originally Posted by Annamarie B View Post
    If you want to read a horror story about a crossdresser who is trapped outside his hotel room, check out Dressed for Disaster, talk about a nightmare!

The first time my keys failed to work, and I had to go to the front desk "dressed" it upset me. Funny thing though - it taught me something. It taught me that no one cares in the least. It taught me that I can stand in front of people and have them know I'm a cross dresser, and nothing bad will happen. That event, having to get my keys recoded while dressed, is probably THE trigger that started me going out and about as much as I do now.