Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How long does it take you to get into Fem-mode???????

Clear Air Turbulence Joni Marie Cruz's Avatar
    Having been diagnosed with chronic/acute FSL (Femme Side Leakage) I am pretty much in girlmode mentally all the time. Okay, yeah, it was self-diagnosis, but it's still valid. I have a nurse uniform. As far as physical prep time, leaving aside body shaveage, etc, which I do every day anyhow, then makeup and dressing takes maybe 30-45 mins or so. What I call my quality time.

Hugs...Joni Mari
    "Because equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who's confronted with it."

--Joss Whedon, to a reporter who asked, "So why do you create these strong women characters?"

For those of us who shapeshift, it is important to minimize both “in” and “out” times. If “drop-ins” are likely, the more critical time is that of getting back to boy mode, removing makeup and other obvious femme accessories. Items such as lingerie and nylons can just be covered up so I underdress as much as possible to avoid the need to undress, Removing a wig, earrings, shoes, and stuffing for a bra, is quick, but removing make up and nail polish is usually not, so it is critical to minimize that time without “oopses”. (Of course that time is zero and there can not be residuals if I don’t wear them.) Other items that don’t need to occur help too, such as removing forms if you have natural boobs. Any other “tricks” to minimize the time needed to undo a MtoF transformation?

If I have to remove hair with veet and all that good stuff going all the way through makeup, dressing and putting on fake nails. Two hours! Once I have my nails on and if I already am smooth from the day before...maybe an hour if I push it. Generally however I find dressing to be quite fun and an artistic activity that has its own rewards...so I take my time and enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Christina W View Post
    I think I did not make myself clear , I am not talking about how long to get "made up" I am talking about how long to get your (mind and thinking fem) before you go out. You know the walk the hand gestures, attitude, and of course Mind Set. I hope that cleared it up.

Sorry - in that case no time - as I always feel this way

Oh, well in that case, I'm pretty much in femme mode the moment I decide to dress up. And I enjoy dressing quite often.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Hi Christina,

This is a tough question. For discussion, I'll take boy-mode as when I feel like a guy. All gruff and focused on a task at hand. I'll take girl-mode as when I feel like a girl. Pretty, feminine, more aloof and loosely task oriented.

If I'm in boy mode and going to bed, even before I put on my girly tank top or t-shirt I'm there. If I know in the morning I'll be having some Gillian time I'll wake up in girl mode.

If I've been in boy mode in the daytime and having some Gillian time in the afternoon or evening, the switch happens just before or as I'm changing.

Sometimes there's a little remnant of boy mode left for a short while, but not often. I think the longest it's taken me to switch is maybe an hour or so and when I've felt rushed and distracted.

This has changed over the years. I can hardly remember, but I think there was a time when I was really still in boy mode when dressed as a girl.

These days, I'm often in girl mode even when dressed as a guy. And the switch happens so early now that I'm changing to match my feelings rather than my feelings changing to match my appearance.

-Gillian

Living and Enjoying Life Kristen Kelly's Avatar
    [SIZE="3"] Depends on where I'm going. If I don't need to do my hair and its just makeup a top and jeans 35-40 mins to go out in daytime, for I use little makeup. At night doing my hair all up and full makeup 1 1/2 to 2 hrs is normal.

Took me 3 years to get me to where I can rush and go, have done it half asleap in the am on the way out the door.
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]Life Begins When You Stop Worrying What Other People Think[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]
    Walk TALL SMILE and be CONFIDENT all will be OK
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]It's Brave to be Different, Be Brave Too, Accept Me for Who I am ![/SIZE]

Since my last post i started getting changed and timed it..started 15:00, its now 16:45...so almost 2 hrs...i'm right ready to going out of the door time...i couldn't be bothered to mess with the wig this time left it hanging..

I understood the question the first time. About 45 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Joni Marie Cruz View Post
    Having been diagnosed with chronic/acute FSL (Femme Side Leakage) I am pretty much in girlmode mentally all the time. Okay, yeah, it was self-diagnosis, but it's still valid. I have a nurse uniform. As far as physical prep time, leaving aside body shaveage, etc, which I do every day anyhow, then makeup and dressing takes maybe 30-45 mins or so. What I call my quality time.

Hugs...Joni Mari
    Doctor Join In the house!!!!!

OK most of you understood what I was looking for , I like all of you replies , But what I was hoping for was your mind set you need to go through to get your girl on.

Thank you for all the tails of you daily regime. It has been very eye opening.LOL.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((("I LOVE BEING A CROSSDRESSER")))))))))))))))))))

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

If you don't like my (honesty) well TFB.

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)

Quote Originally Posted by karynspanties View Post
    I understood the question the first time. About 45 minutes.
    I take you 45 min to get your fem on. WOW I must be lucky . Maybe I am in part fem-mode when in guy-mode. hmmmm something to think about.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((("I LOVE BEING A CROSSDRESSER")))))))))))))))))))

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

If you don't like my (honesty) well TFB.

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)

Semi Sane innocent angel
    15-35 minutes.
    Business is the the art of extracting money from another mans wallet with out resorting to violence

9 out of 10 Dr say I'm sane. The 10th one never made it to the hearing. Did you know that California has drop bears ?

First a groom then a bride. Never again.

They call me quiet girl.. Sarah...'s Avatar
    how long to get your (mind and thinking fem) before you go out. You know the walk the hand gestures, attitude, and of course Mind Set. I hope that cleared it up.
    No time at all - it won't go away. I'm always me it seems. Mostly I struggle to get into some sort of male mode when I need to, it's such hard work. So I'm not going to bother anymore - too flippin' difficult.

Let's hear it for the easy life

Sarah...

It takes me no time to get into "my feminine mode" mentally. Physically, I can do my makeup in less than 10 minutes unless I "slip". The actual dressing, maybe 10-15 mins
    assuming that I now what I am going to wear.
    Hugs, Carole

I live in the real world! DaphneGrey's Avatar
    About 30 minnutes
    Living the life I choose!

For me it ranges. I am entering femme mode when I first start thinking about getting ready. It continues to progress as I pick out clothes, get makeup ready, etc. Finally when all dressed, made up etc. Of course if Im going out then it progresses further. I guess I see it as a continuum.

About an hour all up for the make up, hair and clothes. No further time needed for the mental side of things as I am already there as soon as the make up kit is opened .

Tash

1 to 3 hours depends on how i want to go basic to glam to sexy
    Mistybtm

I can dress, do my makeup and be out the door in 30 minutes. On our frequent crossdressing cruises we sponsor, frequently I sleep longer than my wife in the morning on a ship and to make breakfast on time have to be out the door in 30 minutes or less. I think and my wife agrees that I pass better when I only take 5 minutes to do my makeup. No doubt when I take longer I overdo the makeup.
    I love being "gender gifted"! www.pmpub.com

Monique

How Long?

It usually takes me from 2 to 3 hours!! Its a lot of hard work to get pretty but its worth it! I hate when I start to sweat from all the work!

Down into the Easy Chair SweetCaroline's Avatar
    I'm always in femme mode mentally so the answer would be no time at all.

As for getting dressed in full femme mode? I can do it in under an hour, if I don't have to shave my legs. I do have to wash and dry my hair every time, which takes a good part of fifteen minutes. And a basic make-up job takes about a half hour. I usually give myself at least two hours over all, so I don't have to rush.

Of course, if I chose to paint my nails, it about another hour for that, so the more time the better. It never hurts to take your time.
    Caroline Emily
    Co-Moderator
    SISTERS FAMILY

Gardner Chapter
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sisters_of_gardner/
    Worcester Chapter
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sisters_of_worcester/

Family is the most important thing in the World.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Ooops! I almost messed up!

I think I did not make myself clear , I am not talking about how long to get "made up" I am talking about how long to get your (mind and thinking fem) before you go out. You know the walk the hand gestures, attitude, and of course Mind Set. I hope that cleared it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzy Harrison View Post
    Sorry - in that case no time - as I always feel this way
    Also, no time at all! All I do is dress. I don't go out, so don't HAVE a "fem mode"!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I'd say at least 1 hour.

It can happen at any time for me, as I thoroughly enjoy the whole process of transformation.

Sometimes, though, I can feel like I'm in femme mode without even dressing or anything.

It takes me at least 2 hours, probably more. I have a fairly complex regimen, with various padding, tape, and make-up.