Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Very Confused need help. Please help. / Has anyone taken a gender test?

Wow! I took the test. I was confused about how I felt all these years and this site (it's people) really put me at ease. The test shook me up again. It says I am androgen. That I could live contently as either male or female, but probably couldn't find the ultimate happiness as either male or female. That is interesting to say the least. So I guess I am just a person born to be content with my life. That's kind of a blow to my ego's. Good thing I am not a weak minded person.

Quote Originally Posted by MissConstrued View Post
    What Ralph said. Don't stake any major life decisions on a bullshit test created by quack psychiatrists. (Sorry, redundant.)
    Psychiatrists didn't create the COGIATI, Jennifer Diane Reitz did, and she's a programmer/artist/writer by trade. I wish I could wipe the COGIATI of the net. The thing causes too much fuss because it sounds like something "official" or "scientific" Even JDR herself doesn't claim it makes a reliablediagnostic tool.

Veronica
    Rondelle (Ron) Rogers Jr.
    If you believe in it, makeup has a magic all it's own -- Sooner or Later (TV movie)
    We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?- Marianne Williamson
    Have I also not said that "This Thing of Ours" makes some of us a bit "Barefoot in the Head"? Well, it does.

Has anyone taken a gender test?

Hi Girls,

I've always been a little confused about where I fit in the gender hierarchy. I do feel that I have pretty much equal male and female characteristics, leaning towards the female side slightly.

I decided to take a gender test to see what it might reveal. I took a lot of time answering the questions. Some were easy to answer, some took a little thought. Some had obvious answers if I wanted to push myself to the feminine side but I couldn't answer them that way because I wanted to be true to myself and not skew the test to the feminine side.

An example was something like, "If you were in a terrible accident and your male organs were permanently distroyed how would you feel?" If you said "Hooray" then you are probably wanting to transition fully. I put that it would be terrible but I would find a way to accept it. You can see how I could have selected "Hooray" and it would have moved me to the other end of the spectrum...if I wanted to intentionally move myself there. I answered honestly.

I'm not sure of the validity of the test but I do know that it appears to have given a fairly accurate score based on what I "believe" I am at this point.

Here are the results...

Your COGIATI result value is 125 which means that you fall within the following category:

COGIATI classification THREE, ANDROGYNE

What this means is that the Combined Gender Identity and Transsexuality Inventory has classified your internal gender identity to be essentially androgynous, both male and female at the same time, or possibly neither. In some cultures in history, you would be considered to be the third sex, independent of the polarities of masculine or feminine. Your gender issues are intrinsic to your construction, and you will most likely find your happiness playing with expressing both genders as you feel like it.

Suggestions for Action:

Your situation is a little tricky in our current society, but no tremendously so, depending on your geographic location.

The suggestions for your circumstance are not overly complicated.

1. If you have any conformability about your gender expression, some slight degree of counseling might well prove helpful. The primary goal would be to make it possible for you to enjoy your gender expressions free from any shame or embarrassment, and to resolve any remaining questions you might have.

2. As an androgynous being, both genders, and both sexes are natural to your expression. Permanent polarization in either direction might bring significant unhappiness. It is not recommended that you go through a complete transexual transformation. You might find a partial transformation of value, if you find yourself attracted overall to the feminine. You are more likely transgenderist, than transexual. It is recommended that you recognize that your gender issues are real, but that extreme action regarding them should be viewed with great caution.

3. If you have not already, consider joining any of the thousands or groups devoted to gender play of various varieties. There is literally a world of friends to discover who share your interests.

There are also publications, vacations, and activities that would expand your gender play.

So, what do you think?

Kisses,

Allie
    Last edited by AllieSummers; 08-01-2009 at 10:55 AM.

Where did you take the test on the web or some were else. The one Q you said well If it were me I would not be happy but it would be ok to. I would prob get SRS if that was the case but I want to have kids so that is a hard Q to ansure. Good test I wonder what Mine would be.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((("I LOVE BEING A CROSSDRESSER")))))))))))))))))))

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

If you don't like my (honesty) well TFB.

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)

Here is where you can take the test:

http://transsexual.org/cogiati_english.html

Kisses,

Allie

Clear Air Turbulence Joni Marie Cruz's Avatar
    Hi Allie-

To be honest, I've taken a couple of these tests, different ones, online and don't give them a lot of credence except that they conform pretty much to what I already know about myself. I think they're fairly easy to manipulate and just by thinking about the answer a little you can skew the results to make yourself either more TG or more masculine or whatever. With that said, I have tried to answer them with the first thing that pops into my head when I read the question and usually wind up as pretty far into the femme side of the scale. Works for me.

Really, I suppose if I wanted some serious insight into my femininity I would go to a therapist who specializes in gender issues and spend several hundreds of dollars to find out what I already know about myself. Being someone who tends to intellectualize things, that would be fun if I could afford it, actually, if I had the money I'd buy some really cool shoes instead.

Hugs...Joni Mari
    "Because equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who's confronted with it."

--Joss Whedon, to a reporter who asked, "So why do you create these strong women characters?"

I just took it, and my result seems accurate, although I am not sure how much of the suggested course of action I agree with; it recommended counseling.

I'm pretty comfortable with who I am. The world around me may not be though!

You can find the test here: http://transsexual.org/cogiati_english.html

Your COGIATI result value is: 190 Which means that you fall within the following category:
    COGIATI classification FOUR, PROBABLE TRANSSEXUAL

What this means is that the Combined Gender Identity And Transsexuality Inventory has classified your internal gender identity to be essentially feminine, but with some masculine or androgynous traits. It is very possible that you are a candidate for a diagnosis of transsexualism. You show a strong degree of gender dysphoria. At the very least, further investigation should be undertaken. Your COGIATI score places you among the majority of those diagnosed as transsexuals, the 'late onset' tanssexual.
    [SIZE="3"]"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." -Emerson
    __
    ❦Cindy
    [/SIZE]

Tammy's Transsexual girl. Joan Merrie's Avatar
    Yes I took the real test, I talked to my therapist.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Tammy and me, not your usual couple
    :JoanMerrie:Yes I admit it I'm a trans rabbit.
    Simply me.

Hmm. I was rather surprised at the results. However I did find some of the questions a bit narrow...where the choices didn't always fit. I suppose it just suggests what I was planning anyways which was to see a therapist capable of dealing with gender issues. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter as I will almost certainly not be able to transition. With a wife and child, I just couldn't put them through that.
    Just like everybody else does

Gender Variant Badger PaulaJaneThomas's Avatar
    Things like the COGIATI test should be taken with a good pinch of salt. FWIW, I got Type 3 Androgyne too when I did it.
    Best Wishes

Paula

Warning: This product may contain Badger
    Every girl crazy 'bout a sharp-dressed Badger.

"Does Magna Carta mean nothing to you? Did she die in vain?"
    - Tony Hancock

Allie,

I did take the COGIATI as well. It was at least 5 years ago. It came back Type 4 I believe and said I should get help.

I found it somewhat accurate but like many have said it can be easily manipulated. There are other tests but they can also be manipulated.

I think the best thing I learned was that I should see a gender therapist--and I started with a therapist and it has been helpful.

i just finished taking it I tried to honestly answer the questions I recived a score of 165

i got Type 3 Androgyne too which i do agree with

stacy-marie

I just took the test and here was my 100% honest result

The
    COMBINED GENDER IDENTITY AND TRANSSEXUALITY INVENTORY
    (COGIATI)

Your COGIATI result value is: 100 Which means that you fall within the following category:
    COGIATI classification THREE, ANDROGYNE
    What this means is that the Combined Gender Identity And Transsexuality Inventory has classified your internal gender identity to be essentially androgynous, both male and female at the same time, or possibly neither. In some cultures in history, you would be considered to be a third sex, independent of the polarities of masculine or feminine. Your gender issues are intrinsic to your construction, and you will most likely find your happiness playing with expressing both genders as you feel like it.
    SUGGESTIONS FOR ACTION:
    Your situation is a little tricky in our current society, but not tremendously so, depending on your geographic location.
    The suggestions for your circumstance are not overly complicated.
    If you have any comfortability about your gender expression, some slight degree of counseling might well prove helpful. The primary goal would be to make it possible for you to enjoy your gender expressions free from any shame or embarrassment, and to resolve any remaining questions you might have.
    As an androgynous being, both genders, and both sexes are natural to your expression. Permanent polarization in either direction might bring significant unhappiness. It is not recommended that you go through a complete transsexual transformation. You might find a partial transformation of value, if you find yourself more attracted overall to the feminine. You are more likely a transgenderist, than a transsexual. It is recommended that you recognize that your gender issues are real, but that extreme action regarding them should be viewed with great caution.
    If you have not already, consider joining any of the thousands of groups devoted to gender play of various varieties. There is literally a world of friends to discover who share your interests. There are also publications, vacations, and activities that would expand your gender play.

I wish it was higher but it is fine with me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((("I LOVE BEING A CROSSDRESSER")))))))))))))))))))

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

If you don't like my (honesty) well TFB.

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)

Roseville, Ca. (fromerly of Riverside, Ca.)
    I took it a long time ago and just took it again, from what I remember I got pretty much the same answer.

Your COGIATI result value is: 230 Which means that you fall within the following category:
    COGIATI classification FOUR, PROBABLE TRANSSEXUAL
    What this means is that the Combined Gender Identity And Transsexuality Inventory has classified your internal gender identity to be essentially feminine, but with some masculine or androgynous traits. It is very possible that you are a candidate for a diagnosis of transsexualism. You show a strong degree of gender dysphoria. At the very least, further investigation should be undertaken. Your COGIATI score places you among the majority of those diagnosed as transsexuals, the 'late onset' tanssexual.
    SUGGESTIONS FOR ACTION:
    Your situation is potentially serious and indicative of a probable inborn gender conflict. It is definitely recommended that you pursue further action.
    The suggestions for your circumstance are several.
    It is recommended that you seek help from a sympathetic counselor or professional about your gender issues. It is very possible that over time they will become increasingly difficult to cope with. Early determination of what you really need and want is vital. You need to determine if you truly are transsexual. Keep in mind, thought, that many alternatives exist other than complete sexual transformation. Partial transformation and many other way of existing are available. While you are very possibly a transsexual, COGIATI has determined that this is not absolutely certain. While time is an issue, being certain is more important. Proceed with investigation of your possible transsexuality or transgenderism, but with caution.
    Some actions may help you to define your needs more clearly. Experimenting with living full time as a woman, taking hormones for a short time under supervision, or taking testosterone suppressers to observe how you feel are all viable options. Keep in mind that while it is very likely that you might be a transsexual, it is not certain. Do not take severe or permanent actions without long thought and the help of counselors and professionals.
    Your gender issues are real, and should not be ignored. Neither should you rush into acting on them, however powerful they may feel. You do not fit the full criterion for the rarest classification, classic transsexuality, and so should be cautious, and open to possibilities. You may yet end up undergoing transition, and the path of the transsexual may well be your salvation. Be very careful, but do not ignore your issues.
    If you have not already, consider joining any of the thousands of groups devoted to gender expression of various kinds. There is literally a world of friends to discover who share your interests. There are also publications, vacations, and activities that would expand your gender expression.
    Thank you for using the Combined Gender Identity And Transsexuality Inventory.
    "A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history." -Ghandi-

When I saw the thread title, I wondered what you meant by a gender test...

Please - do a search here on 'Cogiati' and read some of the threads you will find?
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

Nicki-thank you for directing me to the Cogiati posts which I found in the "Search" heading.This really should be in the Trivia and Fun and Games sections. I was beginning to take it seriously-so thanks again.

Incidentally-are there any "Professional Tests" available?
    Last edited by Holly; 08-03-2009 at 10:05 PM. Reason: Merged two consecutive posts... please use the EDIT button to add content. Multiposting is not permitted.

Gender Test

I recently took that gender test. Just as I figured, I am half and half. I made a strong effort to not side with the female questions ( at 66 I have taken a LOT of tests). Just as before on a similar test I was found to be half and half.

That question of having my genitals blown away was easy....I don't want anything blown away. I have give a lot of thought to what would it be like without the "boys". I am not sure how I would do emotionally, but would not miss sitting on them when eating breakfast in my gown. As we grow older, the male "sac" gets looser and longer. In addition to aging, we get to take more medications...hey, it comes with the birthdays. Like our personalities, everything begins to relax. The best medicine is accept yourself for who you are. God don't make no junk!

Emme

That thing gave me a score of 170 / classification FOUR, PROBABLE TRANSSEXUAL and says: potentially serious and indicative of a probable inborn gender conflict. It is definitely recommended that you pursue further action.

Yeah ok... maybe later. nah.. Think I will go put on some heels, my purple skirt and grab a beer instead.
    Weeeeeeee

here is the breakdown of scores for those of you that didnt find the link to them

-650 to -389 Class 1 (Definite Male)
    -390 to -129 Class 2 (Feminine Male)
    -130 to 129 Class 3 (Androgyne)
    130 to 389 Class 4 (Probable Transsexual)
    390 to 650 Class 5 (Classic Transsexual)

Quote Originally Posted by Nicki B View Post
    When I saw the thread title, I wondered what you meant by a gender test...
    For my sake, I thought: "Oh no, AllieSummers has found the COGIATI without realizing it's been discussed ad infinitum and ad nauseum.

Please - do a search here on 'Cogiati' and read some of the threads you will find?
    Yep,

The COGIATI shouldn't be taken too seriously, even JDR (Jennifer Diane Rietz, it's creator) says so, and IMHO shouldn't be taken seriously at all.

Veronica
    Rondelle (Ron) Rogers Jr.
    Last edited by VeronicaMoonlit; 08-01-2009 at 02:47 PM.
    If you believe in it, makeup has a magic all it's own -- Sooner or Later (TV movie)
    We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?- Marianne Williamson
    Have I also not said that "This Thing of Ours" makes some of us a bit "Barefoot in the Head"? Well, it does.

Gold Member
    Here is a tried and true gender test -

1) do you want to live your life as the opposite of your birth gender?
    Yes No

If yes - Start taking steps now to transition
    If no - Take no steps towards transition

Many moments went into creating this gender test. The majority of time was spent correcting typos.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

According to the COGIATI test, I am androgynous.
    I would probably agree ... I can talk golf with the guys and lingerie with the ladies.
    Do I need help?
    Nah!
    The COGIATI test should be considered a little bit of (potentially harmful?) fun.

I just took that test and wound up a negative 65 (does that mean that I do not exist?).
    I tried to answer the questions honestly and not distort them in either direction.
    Again, the results were what I expected them to be and I still do not any solid information, just what I already suspected.
    So, what am I? Defineately not as good looking as you!
    But as popeye said, "I yam what I yam"

Jo

I just saw the scoring for the test,[SIZE="1"]wow[SIZE="4"]I am not[/SIZE][/SIZE]what I thought. I guess maybe I overemphasized some of the "male" answers.
    Oh well, if all these tests were accurate, I would be a surgeon somewhere.
    (Test taken for career suitability when I separated from the Corps).

God don't make no junk!
    This quote from Emme is true, and at age 39++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    I will agree that, , , , , , , sigh
    just get up and do something . . . anything, Just do it!
    Last edited by Tamara Croft; 08-01-2009 at 03:44 PM. Reason: Use the edit button please
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]All good things come to "she" who waits!

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Allie,

When I look at your Avatar, I wonder why you bothered to take the test?? No queation what it should have told you!!! Girl, Girl, Girl!!!

I took the test some time ago, and scored as a definite Feminine Male. I have taken a couple of other similar tests for gender, and always score as a female or feminine male! No desire to be a woman, but I sure do like to dress like one!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!