Thread: Gurl-illas in our midsts

Gurl-illas in our midsts

So I was walking on the treadmill last night at my local gym and being bored because the TV wasn't working, I started absently counting the males and females there. I figured there were about 40-50 guys. Then I started wondering Hmmmm, if the stats we've been told are true then, well, there maybe 2, 3 or maybe even 5 gurls working out here amongst crowd. Sooo of course I'm looking around and pleasantly smiling at myself wondering who is who. I know that the gym crowd may not be a representative crossection of society and all that blah, blah, blah but, hey the percentage of tgirls was at least 1 in 50 or 2% 'cause I was counting at least me.

Michelle

Aspiring Member
    Well you can't argue with that logic.

I'm sure that there are far more than meet the eye in a gym or almost anywhere else.
    warmly, Linnea

Now you can narrow that down to who shaves their pits and legs and plucks their eyebrows.

Clear Air Turbulence Joni Marie Cruz's Avatar
    And who covers their legs and arms, like wearing sweatpants instead of shorts. What I used to do, anyway. Damn, I need to get back to the gymn.

Hugs...Joni Mari
    "Because equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who's confronted with it."

--Joss Whedon, to a reporter who asked, "So why do you create these strong women characters?"

I frequently think that way wherever I go now, like how many of these guys crossdress behind closed doors, there are so many of us out there

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica Who View Post
    I frequently think that way wherever I go now, like how many of these guys crossdress behind closed doors, there are so many of us out there
    Hi Jessica<you cutie>-

I always wonder that, too, especially if I see someone who's clean shaven and whose nails are nicely manicured. Just wonder if he's wearing something frilly under those pants.<g>

Hugs...Joni Mari
    "Because equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who's confronted with it."

--Joss Whedon, to a reporter who asked, "So why do you create these strong women characters?"

Oooh it gets complicated. Many younger guys at the gym shave most of their bodies. Heck, I've always shaved my legs for for cycling. So, shaving is not a "tell" nowadays. There are also a couple of "goth" types in there with black polish on their fingers and toenails.

Now the Spanx under my basketball shorts or the VS lace panties in my gym bag would be a tell but, I think everyone thinks the Spanx are just compression shorts and the lace panties? Well they must be his wife's silly! Hey how'd they get in there?

Michelle

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleP View Post
    Well they must be his wife's silly! Hey how'd they get in there?Michelle
    Well, see, it's like this. I had my gym bag open just sitting there by the drier and my wife was doing her laundry and they must have fallen in by accident. Yes, all three pair. That's right. My story and I'm stickin' to it.

Hugs...Joni Mari

They say that some people have "gay-dar" and can pick out gay guys in the crowd. I think I have developed "tra-dar" (transgendered radar) or something. I have noticed that when my wife and I are shopping I almost always see some guy sizing up the clothes.

It is interesting to look for the little "tells".

Kisses,

Allie

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Quote Originally Posted by AllieSummers View Post
    I think I have developed "tra-dar" (transgendered radar) or something. I have noticed that when my wife and I are shopping I almost always see some guy sizing up the clothes.

It is interesting to look for the little "tells".
    Little tells. Ha! Gee, it would sure be hard if you saw me. I don't just size up the clothes, I put skirts up to my waist to check their lengths, dresses up to my body and walk towards the mirror to see how they look. Yeah, I'm reeeeeeal subtle. I'm sure yous TransDar would fail miserably with me.

Kathi

Think of this it this way, They may be bodybuilding cuz there in denial about there CDing so they go over board to compensate for there (sissy) feelings.

If that's the case The gov of Calf could be a closest CD . So "I'LL BE BACK!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((("I LOVE BEING A CROSSDRESSER")))))))))))))))))))

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

If you don't like my (honesty) well TFB.

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)

It's a game I like to play when in public, trying to figure out who else is in on the game. Sometimes I'll even check guys butts for VPLs!

One of the articles I read from a link on this site was talking about there being something on the order of 120,000 people with gender issues in the world...how th ey know that I'm not sure.

Sounds about right though.
    Scottie
    You must dare to disassociate yourself from those who would delay your journey... Leave, depart, if not physically, then mentally.
    Go your own way, quietly, undramatically, and venture toward trueness at last.

-- Vernon Howard

Is it not fun to watch the people in the stores and the malls though ???

Lately, I am a little more perceptive of the "little things" that you see in others, and you know what--- there's a whole bunch of little things going on! Like the "In X -S" song--
    Every single one of us, the Devil inside!
    "And if you want some fun, sing Ob-Bla-Di-Bla-Da!"

Quote Originally Posted by Scottie View Post
    One of the articles I read from a link on this site was talking about there being something on the order of 120,000 people with gender issues in the world...how th ey know that I'm not sure.Sounds about right though.
    Sounds about right based on what criteria? That's 120,000 people out of some 8 billion, less than 1 100th of 1 percent. Given that the most conservative estimates are typically at least 2 percent and some go as high as 10 percent, it should be more on the order of 160 million to 800 million of the world population with "gender issues" (whatever that means). I bet there are more than 120,000 in NYC alone.

Finding conclusive statistics on something that is as slippery and difficult to define as gender issues is a tough one.

I would bet that your presence among 50 guys polluted the sample, leading to significantly higher than normal rates for your sample...
    "I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it." — Marilyn Monroe

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Christina W View Post
    Think of this it this way, They may be bodybuilding cuz there in denial about there CDing so they go over board to compensate for there (sissy) feelings.

If that's the case The gov of Calf could be a closest CD . So "I'LL BE BACK!!!"
    Yes very correct you have to be really suspicous of those macho body builder types

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessica Who
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasibeau
    It's a game I like to play when in public, trying to figure out who else is in on the game.
    [SIZE="2"]I play that game when I’m out and about, too. I’ve only seen a couple of possible “sisters” so far – most guys look like they just (literally) fell out of the RV…
    Another game I play is spotting males that could be trannies with a little effort. If I see a boy or man (young or otherwise) that stands out from the others, I can’t help but visualize them dressed in some girl clothes or a beautiful female outfit. They could do it so easily, if only they wanted to! Very few males fit this category, but now and then an inspirational androgynous type with plenty of potential homes into view…[/SIZE]

I find myself doing this also. Whenever I am out at the stores I look for the sisters that are possibly out there. I know that there are some in my area, I just have not met any yet. I know I have had some girls look at me and ask why my hair is so long? I tell them I never grew up, being a child of the seventies when long hair on guys was cool. I no longer put it up either. I like when my hair flies around my face.
    One day your life is going to pass before your eye's, Make sure it is worth watching.

Eddie Izzard said it best "I am an action tranvestite".

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bethanyannstratford/

GG and SO of Alana1972
    I do this all the time now!
    Since my husband came out to me I look at every bloke I know and wonder if they have a femme side too! As you say the stats would say that I probably do know at least 1 other male who is a crossdresser...now I just need to fathom out who it is!