Thread: Acceptance at a gas station

Acceptance at a gas station

Hi Everyone
    I want to share something positive that just happened to me.
    I was at a local gas station filling my pickup truck , under dressed with small forms (they aren't to noticeable under my work uniform) when a woman from the next lane asked me to help her , I said sure , what is the problem , she said she had just gotten the car and couldn't get the locking gas cap off , I went to her car showed her how to work the lock on the cap and said she could leave it in the unlocked position if she didn't want to bother with it , she said that was great and gave me a big hug I didn't even have time to react when she said are you a cross dresser !!! I nodded and choked out a yes , and then she said that is so cool !
    She thanked me again and I said Thank You you made my day by being so accepting! And I went back to filling my truck with gas.
    As I was driving away shaking , I thought how great it was to recieve acceptance from a complete stranger.
    I guess you never know who or when someone will brighten your day !
    Tomara

Hi Tomara,

That's a nice story. A hug from an understanding GG is always a good thing. When we sometimes focus on the negative, its good to remember there are kind, accepting people everywhere.

Michelle

Now that is GREAT. It should always be like that. We should be able to wear what we want when we want. After all no one would say anything about a GG wearing mens jeans with a big belt buckle,shirt and cowboy boots.

that is so cool! Too bad you did not get a chance to get her name or number

Just reading your post made my day as I am sure it made you day.. It is so nice when someone can accept and appreciate your chosen way of life.

Hugs are great. understanding is priceless...

Nicole

A hug!???

I've never been hugged by a stranger. WOW! I'd have been shaking too.

BUT, maybe she thought you were a CD BEFORE she asked for "help" and she wanted to find out. Hmmmmm. Then again, maybe not.
    Kim

"I just gotta be me"

So I'm sitting here wondering if the request to help with the gas cap was a pretext to get you to come over so she could ask the question

What do ya' know! She treated you like a person! lol

Silver Member
    How lovely to just be treated normally, gives people like me who live in the closet some hope!!

For want of a better word, it's called "tolerance" for most people. This Lady was probably shaded into The "Acceptance Category."

When The Gurls in my group go out to eat in a restaurant, when one of us goes shopping, or to get gas, or to do a thousand other small mundane tasks, and people start to get used to seeing us, it's another victory in that War for Tolerance.

My sincere hope is that one day, each and every one of us will get to participate. You gals who wage these small battles....you are the heroines!

Peace and Love, Joanie
    Last edited by sterling12; 08-27-2009 at 09:24 PM.

[SIZE="2"]What great thing for her to say to you. I am sure you will have a hard time forgetting the experience.[/SIZE]
    Marcia (LOVES) Blue

Aspiring Member
    Wow...how cool is that? I'm sure that made your day. If only her reaction was the norm...

Down into the Easy Chair SweetCaroline's Avatar
    Great to hear. Every little encounter like this brings us all closer to wider understanding WTG!
    Caroline Emily
    Co-Moderator
    SISTERS FAMILY

Gardner Chapter
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sisters_of_gardner/
    Worcester Chapter
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sisters_of_worcester/

Family is the most important thing in the World.

awesome. Acceptance by a stranger that is so cool

What a nice story. Do you think she felt your bra straps during the hug? I know they are the telltale sign.
    Kristen

neat story

Sounds like you had a good expierence. The only time I was dressed at a gas station was a year ago and the attendant at first acted fine but then he went into some sort of shock and his jaw dropped. He gave me my change but didnt appear to be able to say anything else. I then left to get into my car to see his face up against the store glass with wide eyes

i had a bad gas station experience once. i went in in full drag, 6" platforms, long wig, to buy a pack of cigarettes when the guy behind the counter asked me "what the hell are you dressed as?" the shock came when i realized that he was someone i used to work with a long time ago so i did a 180 and split. i still have no idea if recognized me.

there isnt a day that i am not underdressed anymore. and the general reaction is positive.. even when i dress "normal" its at best androgynous and those in the know know the clothes are still made around the female forum..... and 99% of the reaction is positive..

as a girl i wear a 36B with small forms that fit my build/frame... and daily when "undressed" i wear a 36A or 36AA depending on brand without forms

and to change from androgynous/emo into girl its a slight color change of makeup and a slight changr of hair style..
    Last edited by nikkijo; 08-28-2009 at 12:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomara View Post
    Hi Everyone
    I want to share something positive that just happened to me.
    I was at a local gas station filling my pickup truck
    You see........
    That will never happen here in NJ.
    We don't pump our own gas here.

PS: Nice story and thanks for some cheery news.
    Warning: This post may contain up to 63% post consumer recycled Sarcasm ... or Peanuts."
    "Sammy, really next time do try to make your point without being quite so abrasive." -RD

Quote Originally Posted by Kim_Bitzflick View Post
    I've never been hugged by a stranger. WOW! I'd have been shaking too.

BUT, maybe she thought you were a CD BEFORE she asked for "help" and she wanted to find out. Hmmmmm. Then again, maybe not.
    Hi Kim
    I don't think that she could have known because I was pretty discretely under dressed.

Quote Originally Posted by JulieC View Post
    So I'm sitting here wondering if the request to help with the gas cap was a pretext to get you to come over so she could ask the question
    Hi Julie
    No , she really couldn't get the gas cap off.

Quote Originally Posted by TxKimberly View Post
    What do ya' know! She treated you like a person! lol
    Hi Kimberly
    That was the greatest part !

Quote Originally Posted by Kristen Marie View Post
    What a nice story. Do you think she felt your bra straps during the hug? I know they are the telltale sign.
    Hi Kristen
    I am sure that is what gave me away to her because when she hugged me her hand was right on my bra strap.
    The amazing thing was the question was so instant , she must have some experiance with cross dressers.

Hey Tomara!
    I'm pleased it all went well for you! That is not my luck.... I'm also pleased to see I'm not the only one under dressing out here in W. MA! Cheers!

Talking

Question? Do you go out dressed. I do and I wonder why I waited so long! I hated the closet the dam dust bunnys were bullyes. They pushed me around for far to long so I ate them then got out. And have never looked back. Now if I just could get my clothes back that would be fine LOL. I did have a dry throat for weeks but well worth it. I wish all of you girls could be out. It's so freeing. Good luck all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((("I LOVE BEING A CROSSDRESSER")))))))))))))))))))

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

If you don't like my (honesty) well TFB.

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)

that is so cool, i enjoy reading your story thanks it made me happy