Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: sisies are someone else.

I rather relish my sissyness and would have considered it a compliment. I would have offered him a flower. I would never resort to fisticuffs. I could hurt him anytime I want, that's why I have a safe full of firearms, but I choose not to.

Oh, and Cheshire Gummi, here's a flower for you.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    I'm assuming the person who said this was a guy .... a regular guy who hates to see other guys doing anything he doesn't consider the sort of "guy-ish behavior" he would do

I personally have no fear or bad feeling about being called a sissy (even to my face). In fact, I actually think of it as a compliment. To me a sissy is the term regular guys call a feminine man ... and that's what I am, and I'm proud of it!
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

I agree with Rachel. I am a Sissy and I am very proud of it. I have even thought of changing my name to "Sissy".

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Morley View Post
    I'm assuming the person who said this was a guy .... a regular guy who hates to see other guys doing anything he doesn't consider the sort of "guy-ish behavior" he would do

I personally have no fear or bad feeling about being called a sissy (even to my face). In fact, I actually think of it as a compliment. To me a sissy is the term regular guys call a feminine man ... and that's what I am, and I'm proud of it!
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

It seems that sort of behavior is almost always caused by insecurity.

Quote Originally Posted by TNLadi View Post
    drushin703, your neighbor is a serious jerk. I think you should come up with a creative way of setting him straight.
    Ooohhh... that sounds like fun.

Banned Read only

Sissy

There is a sort of "sissy" scene that involves forced fem or bloomers or other various fetish stuff but that's not what I'm referring to when I proudly refer to myself as a sissy.

When I was young, clever, articulate and a bit too graceful boy growing up in a very rural back woods kind of environment, I got called a sissy at least once a week.

Fight? Oh yeah, I fought and got beat up quite a bit. You see, while I am admittedly quite headstrong, I'm not very physically strong so the average boy could over power me fairly easily. The truth is I've always hated to fight even if I was winning. I'm reasonably competitive but I have zero percent of that killer instinct guys like to talk about.

After many years of working out, rough sports and endless skirt chasing I finally decided to quit running from that little sissy that had such a hard time.

I am a feminine man.
    I am a special kind of girl.
    Call me a sissy
    I'll wear your invective like a badge of honor.

-Misty

Well, here's the really important question? He now has himself in a "lather," got to call you a bunch of names, and act like a "big man." Can you imagine that he will probably escalate? I don't think he's going to be happy with just calling you names.

I bet if you asked just about anyone, (including our thinking-challenged neighbor) to define a "f***in' Sissy, you wouldn't get two answers out of a thousand they were anywhere near the same. It's a nonsensical label, that anyone who has a brain bigger than a hamster's wouldn't enunciate.

BUT, you would be wise to now start "The Ball Rolling," and make a formal complaint at your Police Department. I think you have a real opportunity to make sure that he gets "talked to," that The local police get to "eyeball" him and know who he is, and that they try to make him understand that if he keeps on with this, there will be consequences.

Peace and Love, Joanie

Quote Originally Posted by LilSissyStevie View Post
    I rather relish my sissyness and would have considered it a compliment. I would have offered him a flower. I would never resort to fisticuffs. I could hurt him anytime I want, that's why I have a safe full of firearms, but I choose not to.

Oh, and Cheshire Gummi, here's a flower for you.
    Are you insinuating I need to lighten up?

'Cause I'm pretty sure step one to sissihood is to never speak unless spoken to. It's not very proper to stick your tongue out at someone, either.

Bad girl. No cake. And relinquish your firearms. Sissies are not allowed protection from life. You're helpless, remember?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My writing thread

Quote Originally Posted by Cheshire Gummi View Post
    Are you insinuating I need to lighten up?

'Cause I'm pretty sure step one to sissihood is to never speak unless spoken to. It's not very proper to stick your tongue out at someone, either.

Bad girl. No cake. And relinquish your firearms. Sissies are not allowed protection from life. You're helpless, remember?

Actually, all I'm saying is that you don't get define what a sissy is or make rules fo them. Sorry, I guess your just not man (or woman) enough.

I understand you're offended by my initial statement, but I fail to see how I'm defining what a sissy is. I'm pretty sure the definition is pretty clear already.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sissy_%28transgender%29

You may not be one of the more extreme, but...

Well, when you say something like "I'm into bondage" people assume there are whips involved, not that you just handcuff yourself to the bed from time to time. "Sissy" culture may incorporate people who just crossdress and act rather girly, but its majority are people like that.

I didn't mean to offend you if I did, nor was I trying to define you. That's just what I know and think of it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My writing thread

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    I think your neighbor was born in a pig sty and raised by neanderthals (Sorry Geico guys). But that's just one intelligent person's opinion.

Some people are proud to be called sissies so to them it would have been a compliment. We are who we are.

Ok ok first I THINK you need to apologise to the Geico guys cuz you just slammed them and insulted them very badly hun. There good guy and don't want to be brought down to the neighbor level. There better than that , the neighbor is not.

Quote Originally Posted by sterling12 View Post
    Well, here's the really important question? He now has himself in a "lather," got to call you a bunch of names, and act like a "big man." Can you imagine that he will probably escalate? I don't think he's going to be happy with just calling you names.

I bet if you asked just about anyone, (including our thinking-challenged neighbor) to define a "f***in' Sissy, you wouldn't get two answers out of a thousand they were anywhere near the same. It's a nonsensical label, that anyone who has a brain bigger than a hamster's wouldn't enunciate.

BUT, you would be wise to now start "The Ball Rolling," and make a formal complaint at your Police Department. I think you have a real opportunity to make sure that he gets "talked to," that The local police get to "eyeball" him and know who he is, and that they try to make him understand that if he keeps on with this, there will be consequences.

Peace and Love, Joanie

Ya what she said. I was going to tell you to call the police and charge him with verbal assault. Then at least if he did try something in the future you know that the police have the report. Even if they only just talk to him it will be recorded as long as you insist and don't back down. Like If he vandalise you place car etc If you don't call now they might not believe you.
    Plus if he does attack you and there is a report out on him If you fight back and really hurt him your covered eh!

Personally if some one did that to me I either would have set him straight or kicked his ass. I would not consider it a complement just in the way he said it. If some one said it as a joke I might but it would depend on how it was said. And if I did not beat him into the ground I would stand there and call the cops right in front of him and wait till they came. I think that would either shut him up or give me an excuse to trash him, I know I know Not lady like , well that's the guy in me , Dam I thought I tamed him.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((("I LOVE BEING A CROSSDRESSER")))))))))))))))))))

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

If you don't like my (honesty) well TFB.

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)

Feelings with no outlet.. Ballerina's Avatar
    Omg.. what a jerk off.. If he don't like it, he can turn the other cheek and be a real American.

Ya, I may like to dress as a ballerina, but as far a wiki's term, and my knowledge of karate goes, I am no "sissy". Heaven forbid that a man should dress in female clothing and be subjected to the same disgusting stereo types that women see everyday.

And yes, I am referencing to the fact that he not only insulted the TG community, but also women. I don't even want to know what that Jack *** thinks of his own wife..
    I'm not out to fool the world, just my inner girl
    Real men wear pink <3

G.K. Chesterton
    “Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”

Jersey for 33 yrs, Now Vancouver, Washington!
    I'm sorry you had to deal with a moron like that drushin703

I agree with Christina W, the way he said it was meant to be an insult. And if it was me I totally would've confronted him and if it came to it kicked his ignorant ass. My boots could do some serious damage! And as someone said on the last page then he'd have to deal with getting his ass kicked by a sissy !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] x o x o x o Samantha Girl!!! * remember girls, sexiness is a state of mind!!!

I think Sissy mostly is used as a bullying type term by males BUT I believe that sissy is sometimes used by females to belittle ie bully females as well as males and I think bullying is just showing someone's inadequacies in understanding and or ignorance so, just ignore it!

I am sorry you have a neighbor like that. Get someone to mail him a gay (not that there is anything wrong with it) magazine. Then call him a sissy.
    Last edited by Stephanie Stephens; 09-02-2009 at 07:03 AM.

In the UK, the term sissy is never used.

So I have never understand what it truely means.
    Whenever I have worn a skirt in male mode, there have never been any issues at all.

Gender Variant Badger PaulaJaneThomas's Avatar
    As insults go "sissy" is about as feeble as you can get. Stick and stones may break my bones but "sissy" is going to cause about as much damage as a dust particle
    Best Wishes

Paula

Warning: This product may contain Badger
    Every girl crazy 'bout a sharp-dressed Badger.

"Does Magna Carta mean nothing to you? Did she die in vain?"
    - Tony Hancock

Quote Originally Posted by LilSissyStevie View Post
    Actually, all I'm saying is that you don't get define what a sissy is or make rules fo them. Sorry, I guess your just not man (or woman) enough.
    Really? No one is allowed to discuss an absolutely documented type of sexual fetish because it happens to share a name with a term you apply to yourself too?

Sometimes I am still amazed at how thinly skinned so many of us are.

As far as this guy is concerned, I doubt he knows there's a sub-culture of fetishists that crossdress as submissive misogynistic images of women, it is much more likely he's an ignorant old fool who just went to the easiest most base insult he could come up with to describe the image that frightened him because it was different.

My 'other' other half. tanya1976's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by drushin703 View Post
    going to my car the other nitght, my neighbor who had seen me dressed as
    a woman befor, decided to confront me.He called me many names but the one
    that I remember most was a f-----in sissy.Now I will put on my pink frills with
    the best of them but I have never considered myself as a sissy.I always con-
    sidered sisies to be someone else....what do you ladies think. dana.
    I quite like being called a crossdressing sissy (!) but context is everything. This guy sounds like an idiot.

Aspiring Member
    What a sad, angry little man your neighbor must be!

Look, he said it because he's a confrontational ignoramus. He said it to provoke a response, and he's your run-of-the-mill average moron. He, like most people, doesn't want anything out of the norm waltzing around in his world. His reference to you as a "sissy" came out because that's the first word that came to his small mind when he thought about a guy dressed as a woman. So pondering the absolute definition of "sissy" is not relevant here.

I wouldn't put up with it from him. What does he think? That just because you wear a skirt, that you're some shrinking violet who cowers at anyone who says anything to him? He's the one causing the problem. I wouldn't confront him while wearing heels, but I'd definitely let him know that his comments are not welcome, and not acceptable. He's no better than you, and you have a right to be wherever you are, especially your own home. No one will ever tell me how to act in my own home. I don't give a damn if I'm mowing the lawn in a bikini. It's my life and my house. If he were my neighbor, I'd tell him to deal with it, and shut up. His ignorance is showing.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

hot patootie,bles my soul marisa's Avatar
    sorry to hear about the meat head that lives next to you. if he try's to insult you again just tell him what i tell my sister when she catch's me picking my nose. don't like it, don't look. works for me. i might concider putting a heel some place tender to. i could use new shoes.lol. i would sujest not getting physical with him. cause s#!t splatters when you hit it, and you don't want that on your clothes.

In the minds of people like your neighbor, they don't give a rip about the definitions, terminology or distinctions that we make within the CD community. He used "sissy" as an insult, expressing the kneejerk loathing and hate some people feel toward us based on a self-righteous conviction that we are perverts deserving their condemnation -- and possibly their retribution. He doesn't like having a perv in his neighborhood and and probably feels a primordial need to defend his family and territory, to rid it of this pestilence. The fact that he was willing to confront you in such a manner tells me he isn't frightened by the prospect of an escalated altercation -- in fact, he would probably relish it.

The sad thing is there's probably not a lot you can do to change this guy's attitude, especially now that he's taken a stand. I do know that responding to his verbal attack by initiating physical violence would be a big mistake, almost sure to land you in hot water that could have far-reaching consequences. For that matter, responding in kind verbally isn't going to solve anything either, and may make the situation worse.

As some have suggested, you could file a complaint with the police, and if they're willing to follow the letter of the law that might chill the situation somewhat -- put him on notice, so to speak. And yes, that would put him on their radar, but it also puts you on their radar and if the truth be known, their private sympathies (along with those of the rest of your neighbors) would probably lie more with him than with you. Not that that should matter, but I'm just saying.

There's another thread going on right now about CDing and neighbors that should take note of your experience with this guy. To my way of thinking, about the best you can do under these circumstances is to try to defuse the situation as best you can by being a bigger person than this jerk, which means demonstrating to him that you are a person of quiet conviction and courage unwilling to be shamed by him, and doing so without lowering yourself to his level or letting him bring out the worst in you.

Also, I might make this observation/suggestion: personally, I fully support your decision to be more open about your gender orientation and expression, and I respect your courage. But based on the current realities of the world around us, if you wish to live your daily life more openly, it might be prudent to consider relocating to a neighborhood / cultural environment that would be more tolerant. Sometimes discretion really is the better part of valor.

Quote Originally Posted by TGMarla View Post
    His reference to you as a "sissy" came out because that's the first word that came to his small mind when he thought about a guy dressed as a woman. So pondering the absolute definition of "sissy" is not relevant here.
    Hey, who asked you to bring common sense to the table?

Totally agree, of course. My only surprise is that he trotted out a last-century epithet instead of the default US term for insufficiently barbaric men - "faggot". Most guys of his caliber, that's the only insult they know. (note to our friends across the pond - yes, for some reason men perceived as homosexual are called cigarettes around here. I have no idea why.)

Sounds like your neighbor is a real closet case.

I wonder what his big secret is and him being demeaning to you is a way to make himself feel better about himself.

It is times like this that makes you think that being stupid and ignorant should be a terminal disease.

Quote Originally Posted by tricia_uktv View Post
    Sissies in the UK are merely effeminate men. So I guess we qualify. As others say though there is no need to ram it down your throat.
    That's what I thought. Does sissy have other meanings in the USA?
    WARNING: I'm a hopeless forum troll. I sometimes get carried away in arguments. I'm not from the USA and not a native speaker, which does mean I sometimes simply misunderstand.

Mainly here to find out who I am and learn. Having a place to let of steam to understanding people in relative anonymity is great!
    ---
    Men run on testosterone, women on Toblerone.