Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your girly VOICE!!!!!!

Talking Your girly VOICE!!!!!!

I use a fem-voice. My male voice is very deep and no where near fem, but all I have to do is soften it and go a little higher and it seems to work great. I have had compliments on my looks and (thankfully ) my voice. So when your out and about do you use your male voice or can you fem it up enough to pass, Vocally. I know it is hard to do but I think it can just be as important if not more so then the look you present to others. After all if it seems to me that there are a lot of girl here that have not figured out the fem-voice yet.

So hows your voice and does it pass muster????
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((("I LOVE BEING A CROSSDRESSER")))))))))))))))))))

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

If you don't like my (honesty) well TFB.

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)

I need to work on mine A LOT. I don't think mine is passable at all.

I dont have a deep voice is kind of easy to me to sound more like a girl

008 Transgender Voice

Ladies seriously there is a lovely Lady one of us on you tube that can help honestly, she helped me even more. Type in 008 Trangender Voice and listen she is good. She speaks in her real voice then in her Fem Voice Fabulous!!
    Joann0830

I sound like a deranged chipmunk... Minnie Mouse on helium... true, true, true. Done all the 'this is the voice I want to use' business, but to be honest I'm so soft spoken naturally all people ever say to me is 'pardon?', 'What?' and 'I didn't catch that.'... So I tend to use my natural voice.
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

My case is just the same as Lisa's I believe, based on how she describes it.
    Last edited by ashcrimson; 09-07-2009 at 01:47 AM.

I just started trying and well its not working at all, I have a deep voice so this is going to take some serious work.

la la la la la

i have been working my on my voice on-off for the past year....have gotten quite a few compliments that it sounds like a girl.

i practice in the care quite a bit. Once i got caught answering a biz call in my girly voice...was excitingly scary.

Quote Originally Posted by Joann0830 View Post
    Ladies seriously there is a lovely Lady one of us on you tube that can help honestly, she helped me even more. Type in 008 Trangender Voice and listen she is good. She speaks in her real voice then in her Fem Voice Fabulous!!
    Joann0830

That video is just awesome. She is wonderful everyone should watch this.

mine is kind of deep but i don't try to fem it up too much. i just talk kind of like a valley girl anyway, sometimes i just bring it up to a slightly higher pitch.

Gender Variant Badger PaulaJaneThomas's Avatar
    I used to try to emulate a female voice but eventually the penny dropped that if I'm close enough to someone to speak face-to-face, they've read me anyway so there's no point and, indeed, no need.
    Best Wishes

Paula

Warning: This product may contain Badger
    Every girl crazy 'bout a sharp-dressed Badger.

"Does Magna Carta mean nothing to you? Did she die in vain?"
    - Tony Hancock

Silver Member victoriamwilliams1's Avatar
    I am still working on mine!

I do not have a very deep voice so I talk softer and being a tall girl a squeaky voice does not work!

Down into the Easy Chair SweetCaroline's Avatar
    My natural male voice has never been that deep to begin with. I think you can still pass with a somewhat deep voice with the proper expression and/ or accent. My femme voice (which is really my real voice) is actually somewhat deeper than my male voice, I always thought kinda like Jodie Foster.
    Caroline Emily
    Co-Moderator
    SISTERS FAMILY

Gardner Chapter
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sisters_of_gardner/
    Worcester Chapter
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sisters_of_worcester/

Family is the most important thing in the World.

Some simple tricks

speak from the head, not the chest.
    speak from the lips & teeth, paying more attention to percusives--p,t-- and sibilants--s, f, soft th.

and raise to tenor or alto, not falsetto.

008 Transgender really is amazing on youtube!

Lainie

You're only young once, but you can be immature forever!

Girly VOICE!!!!!!!....

I wish

My voice is so deep they are thinking about mining it for coal

I've been slowly working on my girly voice, but I'm still shy to use it around people. I definitely need to find a phone pal to practice with

Unfortunately i'm on of us who can look the part and pass reasonably well till I open my mouth. Deep voice and yorkshire accent.
    Sithiear lad tha's gotta du beh'r if tha wants t pass as a lass.But I do try.
    Samantha K
    It's so hard being me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="1"]Now I shout it from the highest hill,
    Even told the golden daffodil.
    At last my hearts an open door,
    And my secret love's no secret anymore.
    [/SIZE]

See Sams pics at;
    http://cid-b4480c99b9b4cdd9.skydrive...e.aspx?lc=1033

Ach, it's the single hardest thing (that you have control over) to do properly I think. Minnie Mouse is easy, but getting it down into normal territory is like sliding down a waterslide and stopping halfway down.

Professional Resource

I always use my fem voice when en femme and have been complemented many times about my voice. Some professional help and practice made the difference. Prior to getting this help I utilized the internet for information and discovered (after the fact) that some sources where wrong in their approach to developing the female voice the best one I have found so far is by a speech and language pathologist and a voice coach, Kathe Perez and Lynn Skinner, they market to the TG community and they do a fantastic job. Check out their web site: www.exceptionalvoice.com, their CD set is called Fundamentals of Your Feminine Voice. They recomend purchasing a musical tunning instrument to fine tune your pitch and that has helped me the most in developing a consistent femimnie voice. With this instrument I found my pitch had been too high, even though it sounded good to my ears but did cause some discomfort in my throat, lowering the pitch has eased the discomfort and I have been told my voice now sounds more feminine.

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Christina W View Post
    So hows your voice and does it pass muster????
    Christina, I am glad to hear you are working on this It suprises me how many otherwise passable CD/TS totally neglect voice, I mean that is one of the few things we can do for free.

Supposedly mine does pass, the femme voice, but I don't quite have the nerve to try it in public. Mine needs a bit more work and fine tuning, I cannot use it for long periods of time. I am not full time anyways so no need to use it all the time yet.
    I just use mine like on SL, and when I want to acid test it for passability, I just rezz up on some turd-hole moron place like Help Island where I know they won't be nice and spare one's feelings if something is out of place.

IN the word "here" on this paragraph, there is this spectrogram you can DL.
    http://w5big.com/spectrogram.htm
    All it really does is measure the frequency you are speaking, it is pretty good, just set the red lines as indicated below. If you can keep the tones within the red lines, it is good. I try to pinch off the bottom of my voice. I was raising the tone too high and was told I sound like an old lady.
    ANYways - here are the instructions on setting the spectrogram -

1) Go to this link -
    http://w5big.com/spectrogram.htm

2) Click the "here" link in the paragraph.

3) Click "save" on the window, and set it to save to desktop.

4) It will save as a Zip file, unzip the program.

5) In the new folder it creates on the desktop, open folder.

6) open "Gram", and then click File, Scan input.

7) Settings should be -

Sample Rate - 22K
    Resolution - 16 bit
    Type - mono
    Display type - scroll
    Scale (dB) - 60
    Palette - CB
    Scroll mem - On

Freq Scale - Linear
    FFT Size - 4096
    Freq Resolution - 5.4
    Band - 0 to 1378 (adjust the slider if needed)
    Spectrum Avg - 1
    Pitch detector - Off
    Recording enable - On

8) Then click OK

Now the spectrogram is running,

9) Click "pointers" on the top menu then "frequency marks"

The target range for a female voice is between the 175 and 220.
    Marker 1 set to 175
    Marker 2 set to 220

How to use this thing -

when you speak into the mic, you notice layers of blue lines,
    The bottom one is what to watch, of course ther louder you speak the more
    blue lines layered.
    When you are done using this thing click Stop and then you can X out of it.

Each time you open it, it will have the specs come up.
    No need to set it up each time, just click OK.

This is one tool you can use to help train your voice.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar

so much to think about in a voice

I too have been working on my voice very hard. I can pretty much shut down the bass part of my voice now, but as soon as I did that I learned that much of my vocal inflection is channeled through that bass area.

Suddenly I understood what I had been reading, and that is that women use different ways of generating inflection since they don't have that bass part of their voice. I've started listening to the length of vowels and consonants, and also the use of words, like the use of fewer contractions.

Has anyone found a resource for that next step beyond the tonality of our feminine voice?

tina

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7qSJ19f_QU Ok this is the link to that tube site that I just watched and I will tell you it was neat and she is very funny to. so watch it and It will help , I will try her technique and I hope my voice will just keep getting better and better. It's not the same lesson and was stated by Joann0830 but it like the 3rd lesson. So this one is a good one o start with cuz she gives a better way to "SEE" the way you change your voice. SO watch it and practice practice practice practice until you get it. But do the one part where no one can hear you cuz you will be teased alot I think.LOL.good luck.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((("I LOVE BEING A CROSSDRESSER")))))))))))))))))))

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

If you don't like my (honesty) well TFB.

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)

Just an average girl Carole Cross's Avatar
    I am softly spoken and often have to repeat myself. I have not really practiced my female voice but I have tried to raise it when I have spoken to some people and it seems to work OK. I will try to practice a bit more over the next few weeks and see what results I get.
    living the dream

I haven't legitimately worked on one at all seeing as I only dress for myself and only at home. If I ever work on actually trying to pass enough to go out into public without fear that would be one of the things I would work on the hardest. I think what stops me is what my sister calls being "tone deaf" in that I really have a hard time changing pitches of my voice, I guess thats why being a rockstar didn't work out for me lol.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    I have a fairly quiet, and not very deep voice, to begin with but when I try to speak in a more feminine voice it's even quieter. I have tried to follow Candi's advice as suggested in the Youtube link )(btw ... I think that when she switches to her male voice and then back again it's absolutely mind blowing!) but I can't get it anywhere near as good as hers, although she does say it's taken 2 years to get how it is for her.

My feminine voice is not so much a feminine one more like a "less-masculine" one. It's just ok. I don't use it that much as most of the time when I'm dressed I'm in a TG environment and so I get lazy and not bother. If I use it, I think people can tell immediately that it's a guy voice but at least it's a guy voice that I believe is not a million miles out of place for someone who's trying to present as female ... that's t say IMHO I think it's better than a big deep booming voice. I have along way to go but I'll keep trying.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!