Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: In the wrong section of the store.

Deep in the Heart of Texas..okay..DFW area
    [SIZE=4]Good on your girls with the snappy replies.. (no offense) but some GGs need that.. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]I play it off most times but haven't had anyone as rude as what I see here.. I get from "what size is she, maybe i can help" to "lucky girl to have you shop for her, wish my bf would do that for me"[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]the funniest was at wally world a few weeks ago as i was looking for a black bra, an older (ok, maybe my age.. hmm, now i'm bummed..) gg said something to the effect "does it feel nice?" I was feeling the bras for the right cushion.. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]She went on "just had to tease you to see if you were a pervert.. if your buying for her, then i might have to take you home with me" That comment was more in the line of knowing women's clothes, not to ravish me.. k? [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]I was sort of embarressed but then had to join in the teasing "yes, i know how to shop and this one will be just fine" [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]depending on where i'm at, most are just looks. Only a few times I had to profess the real reason for my shopping, mainly when its makeup.. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Standing in the waiting line with mostly fem items can be embarressing but i'm learning to let it all go.. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Hugs,[/SIZE]
    Marissa

"You better look hard and look twice,
    ...is that me, baby or just a brilliant disguise?"- The Boss

Quote Originally Posted by mscassey1963 View Post
    ...but i'm learning to let it all go..
    There's the key to shopping for yourself!
    Life is simple math: Expectations - Realisations = Disappointments.
    Tell ya what... I won't be too easily annoying, if you won't be too easily annoyed!
    Blogging | Twitter | Google+ |
    Acceptance comes in asking yourself the questions... and not caring what the answers are.

I have been thinking about it and IF you give a rude person a sarcastic or rude comment back you might just make it worse for all of us. I think of it this way, with every one I meet , and am nice to, if there rude or nice, I make a good impression on them and maybe can change there mind that we're not so bad after all. The more people have a good experience with CDs the better they think of us ya know. But that's just my worth. I do give funny snappy comebacks but I try to make them nice. I am just a nice girl.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((("I LOVE BEING A CROSSDRESSER")))))))))))))))))))

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

If you don't like my (honesty) well TFB.

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)

Personally, I wouldn't of been offended at all, I'd just say,, Thanks, your so right!!!

Um ......Wheres your Lingerie dept??
    [SIZE=3]Karen[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]I really do have the...Right To Be Wrong.. [/SIZE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkSTG...eature=channel [SIZE=2]and my mistakes will make me strong![/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Just call out my name...and I'll come running...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SxTo...eature=related just lovin classic JT again...[/SIZE]

who cares what that lady said, there is no wrong section anywhere in the store. Enjoy yourself and shop where you please, in men's clothing or enfemme

For those who implied she was an employee, please go back and read Jennifer's Message. She never said it was a salesperson, and at Ross I would rather doubt ANY worker would hassle a customer.

Ross Stores that I have experienced are very TG Friendly. I think Jennifer was dealing with someone who decided they were going to become "The Morality Police." It's too bad that the occasional person can't learn to mind their own business, but I wouldn't let it ruin my day!

If it's ever an employee who's doing The hassle....it's then your job to go find The Store Manager and complain long and hard about ill-treatment of a customer. If you don't get satisfaction at Store-Level, it's time to let Headquarters know about THEIR problem.

Peace and Love, Joanie
    Last edited by sterling12; 10-04-2009 at 04:41 AM.

(not a whale)
    lovin' all the dowright rude and immature responses i'm seeing suggested here.

personally i'd either stare at her with a confused expression on my face or make a nonsensical/strange response so she gets confused and leaves me alone.

I've shopped in boy-mode tons of times over the years and never had anything said to me by either a customer or salesperson. And I probably wouldn't be aware of someone looking at me funny, I'm busy finding what I want in my size. Regardless, I don't give a f*ck what some stranger thinks.
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

I was in Ross a while back, returning a piece of lingerie, seems the size there was a bit smaller, but I like the piece, so I traded for the next size up. When I orginally went in and purchased the items, 2 different pieces, the check out lady was exceptionally nice, no problem at all. A few days later, when I went to return / trade the one item, a different lady was there. I could tell she was looking at me out of the corner of her eye as I waited in line, dressed in my normal male attire, holding a piece of lingerie and the one I was trading for. When I was through making the trade, she looked at one of her friends sitting close by, giggled and said real snippy " thanks mam".
    I stopped in my tracks and asked her if she trreats all of her customers like that and asked for the manager. She was the "Day Manager" she said, so I asked for the general manager. She started side stepping, said the manager wasn't there. I took out a pen, wrote her name down, the time, called the manager later, told her of the incident, mentioned something to the effect of sensitivity training. I told her it didn't matter if I was exchanging a piece for either my wife or myself, she had no right to try and embarass me, and I could take my business elsewhere, and tell my friends to also.
    The next time I went in there, she was at the register, asked someone to relieve her, never saw her again. Turns out the General Manager was the nice lady from the first time.
    Ms Kanuchi

I still do my list thing

I still just do my list thing... If I'm in walmart or target, or one of those larger stores and someone looks at me funny while I'm going through the racks, or in the checkout, I just pretend to be looking at my ever-present shopping list and trying to match it with something on the shelf or make sure I haven't forgotten anything.

I usually have the list with me anyway so I won't forget what I went there for in the first place while I'm walking through the clothing clearance sections.

Wow! the nerve of some people. This just goes to show us that the old double standard in alive and well. As stated above, women buy men's clothes all the time and NOBODY even blinks. They even have jeans for women called the boyfriend jean. If you're not stealing or anything else ill-legal, you should be able to be in any part of a store you want.
    Cary

Quote Originally Posted by Katie B View Post
    No, the best answer to her is surely:

"No, this is the right section for me. You see, I'm a crossdresser."

...and either you enjoy watching her run screaming for the emergency exit, or else she says: 'Oh pardon me, I didn't realise; most of you are so in the closet!'.
    Hehe, yeah, I like that. I'll try that one sometime.
    O

Aspiring Member
    "I guess we're both in the wrong section. The clothes here are much too young to suit you."

The time when a woman SA asked me if the dress I was buying was for a special event I felt it was none of her business but retorted with "yes as matter of fact and I have great shoes to go with it". She laughed as she probably thought I made a joke but in reality I did that afternoon. LOL

Teri

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley_in_Texas View Post
    A few years ago, I got out of work a little early, so I decided to stop by Target and see if I could find a new pair of heels, some stockings, and other stuff. Granted, I looked a little rough, seeing as how I am a plumber and just got done for the day. I was In the hoisery section, when I noticed that the same SA had been following me around for a while, and I had seen her looking my direction a few times. When she saw me pick up a package of thigh highs, she asked if I needed help finding the mens section. I said "No, thanks". She continued following me around, so I intentionaly went in circles around a few isles. She still followed. I finally had enough, and asked her why she keeps following me. She said that I looked suspicious to the manager, and she was told to keep an eye on me. Her face was RED. I said, "OOOHHHHH, I thought it was because I was looking for womens things." I pulled out a fat wad of 100 dollar bills from my pocket. (I had just been paid $4800 cash from the week long job I had just finished!!) I showed her the wad, laughed and said, "You tell your manager that I don't need to steal, but if he would like me to shop elsewhere, I will be happy to leave!" She said, "I'm sorry sir" and walked away. A few minutes later, the manager came up to me and tried to explain himself. I told him how sad and unwelcome it makes a person feel when they are assumed to be a thief. I said, "I may wear womens clothes, but I DAMN sure arent going to steal them!!!" He assured me that it would not happen again.
    Best. Story. Ever!

From time to time, things like that happen. They always use their loudest voice to advise of a gender mistake.

"THOSE ARE WOMEN"S BOOTS!"

"I KNOW THOSE AREN"T FOR YOU!"

"THIS IS THE WOMEN"S SECTION!"

There was the Macy's shoe salesman, who was suspicious of my asking him to bring out high heel boots in size 9. So I tried them on and walked around his department wearing the boots.

At Kohl's, I asked the sales assistant to locate a denim mini skirt, "THAT WOULD FIT ME." She did it.

At J.C. Penney, I selected some skirts, and asked the sales assistant, "IF I COULD TRY THEM ON."

The direct and straightforward approach works best for me.

Hmmm, I suppose we have all had our challenges with not too funny SAs or ignorant busy bodies. I had several incidents myself before I started going out as Nicole. Over the past 3 years however, when I feel the need to shop or run out to pick something up, I just go as Nicole and I have not had a bad experience since.

I have shopped for items for Nicole and for my male self while dressed as Nicole and hardly get noticed. I have purchased cleaning solution for my electric razor, men's aftershave and men's deodorant without a word being said. I guess that all this means is that woman are expected to buy items for the entire family while men are not.

This isn't really fair, but neither is it that woman can wear frilly oven collars to work and men have to wear closed collars and a tie. Men have to wear long pants to work and woman can wear skirts and dresses. Best of all, woman can look beautiful and sexy in their clothing and men can look, well, drab. Isn't it just wonderful to be able to be a woman.

Nicole

I have had several incidents where SA's said something to me and I immediately realized they were teasing me out of fun. I joined in the fun and everyone had a good laugh.

I think that it would be easy for friendly teasing to be misinterpreted by one of us who was feeling guilty for being there.

Personally, I always hope for an encounter because I think it is fun to banter with them. Someday I am sure I will run into a "prune" but I have quite a stash of smart comebacks in case that happens.

Missy Anne

aka Kara
    Quote Originally Posted by Katie B View Post
    the best answer to her is surely:

"No, this is the right section for me. You see, I'm a crossdresser."
    How about "No, this is the right section for me. You see, I'm a customer."

Pull out a map or GPS and say...nope, is says right here I'm in the right spot. OR say the store manager just told me this is the right spot...why do you say it isn't...do you even know what I'm buying?

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by JenniferZ2009
    ...this older lady said to me "You are in the wrong section"

[SIZE="2"]When you have a corseted mind, you point out what people should be doing, how they should think, and, in this case, where you should “be.” I feel sorry for that woman…

When you’re a free thinker, the whole world is a blank canvas – Freddy’s deep thought for the day…[/SIZE]

Silver Member

Wrong Section

I love to shop. It is my hobby even if I don't buy anything. I have no problem spending an hour in lingerie. Some women find it hard to shop with an unrelated guy next to her. I've had women compliment me on being comfortable in the lingerie department while shopping with my wife and her friend. I also don't have a problem with talking to women while shoping about most anything.

Over the past 50 years I've had several gg's of all ages make comments. In the early 60s I had one tell her father that I bought all my clothes at the women's store where she worked. And, had bought the sweater she had her eye's on. Later, after several dates, I offered to give her the sweater.

Another time, 60's when I was single and buying a very pretty lingerie set the SA said "everyone should have beautiful lingerie" in a way that let me know that she had no problem with it being mine. She also managed to slip me her phone number in case I needed to make an exchange or .... appointment. I used to wish I had asked her out.

Once in awhile I will run into someone who doesn't get it, but not often. Last year I had a women ask me if I always wore them while I was looking at bras. I answered yes before I realized what I had said, but confirmed for her that I did indead wear them. She said she was cool with it.

Was in a marshall's or ross when the security person started following me from rack to rack. I played games with her until she realized what I was doing.

I figure I'm pretty confident in who I am so not much bothers me. Only time I felt like an idot was at a store and didn't read the sale tag. It said $5 and I thought it said second blouse was $5 instead of $5 off. When I told the cashier I didn't want to finish the purchase she made a big loud scene of it. I started to lash out, but decided against it. I had been there for quite some time trying on clothes so why start a fight.

I have yet to be dressed and go out into a store. I need company to go out and buy stuff though because I don't like all the eyes on me type of feeling when you walk into a store. I almost always buy my stuff in "the norm" clothing. I have had a few remarks and a few stares at me while doing so, but I am getting to the point where I just say to myself sorry for them they don't know how it really feels to be dressed so pretty!!

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    In the past this sort of comment would have gotten me pi$$ed off ... the nerve of the woman. What business is it of hers which section you're in? I guess there really are some people who are so narrow-minded that they really can't think of things any other way except for "blue for a boy and pink for a girl" ... huh? You could have been shopping for a birthday present.

I'm not sure what I would say if it happened to me today. I'd probably try to come up with a clever "put down" like some have suggested here. Some people are so ignorant
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

I like JackieInPA's answers she has faced in similar situations. If I was faced with these situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Leslie Langford View Post
    But what I really get a kick out of is when typical women's' wear is described in store flyers or signs as "women's dresses", "women's skirts", "women's bras", "lingerie for her", "ladies' hosiery", and "women's' blouses"....
    Hmm. Walk up to the service counter and say "Excuse me. I noticed you have some of your clothing sections marked as 'Women's skirts, women's bras, and etc. Could you please tell me where your men's skirts and bras are? I don't want to shop in the wrong section"

Pointing out incorrect labeling on things isn't out of line.

Quote Originally Posted by Shayna2008 View Post
    a few years back I was at a ROSS in Austin, TX looking for woman's pants, and a female employee told me "those are woman's pants".
    Hmm. "Really? But, they were hanging on this rack right here. You're telling me they belong to someone? Can you show me the rack of unowned pants that I can choose from?"

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley_in_Texas View Post
    (standing in hosiery aisle) she asked if I needed help finding the mens section.
    "I'm sorry. I didn't see the signs forbidding men to be in the hosiery aisle"

(your response was great Ashley!)

Quote Originally Posted by Plasibeau View Post
    First time I went shopping for myself, a woman walked up to me (not an SA) and asked if I was shopping for myself, my answer: "No, I shopping for someone the exact size, shape and same voice as me but goes by a different name." The woman's jaw dropped and I litterally stared her out of the store!
    !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer Giovannetta View Post
    Lots of women do this. My wifes girlfreind once slipped into my shoes to step out into my yard. I wondered, what if I slipped into her nice strappy shoes to step outside?
    My wife does this too. I tell my wife she's a crossdresser when she does it. Of course, if you slipped your girlfriend's strappy shoes on, you'd be labeled as a depraved pervert or something similar.

Quote Originally Posted by mskanuchi View Post
    I took out a pen, wrote her name down, the time, called the manager later, told her of the incident, mentioned something to the effect of sensitivity training. I told her it didn't matter if I was exchanging a piece for either my wife or myself, she had no right to try and embarass me, and I could take my business elsewhere, and tell my friends to also.
    And that's the point with snippy responses.

I have very little tolerance for hate. Crossdressers, shockingly, are human too (gee, imagine that). We have the same rights as anyone else does. To be treated otherwise is wrong.

There is something to be said for treating hatred with pleasantness; kill 'em with kindness. I grant that it can be effective. I personally am not terribly keen on the idea, because our society has had plenty of enough time to get on board with the idea that people are different, no matter the environment. If someone can't handle that, they deserve to be treated as the neanderthal they are, and dealt with accordingly.