Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: In the wrong section of the store.

In the wrong section of the store.

So yesterday I was shopping for tops at Ross and I was in the Ladies section browsing. I was wearing male cloths and this older lady said to me "You are in the wrong section" so I looked up and and looked around and went over to the Junior tops section since they are much more cute than the ladies section.

I thought to myself later that I should have said that as well. I should have said "Oh your right I want the cute tops not these ones." (Although I did find a gem in that section, a beautiful sweater.)
    "Be excellent to each other" (Wyld Stallyons)

"Marches alone cant bring integration, if human respect is disintegrating" (Barry McGyuire)

If she only knew it was for you

I think that's pretty audacious of somebody to go ahead and tell you where you "should" be. The nerve of some people.
    "You are in the wrong section"
    Next time, your reply should just be, "So are you."

Quote Originally Posted by Ze View Post
    Next time, your reply should just be, "So are you."
    I was thinking the same as :Ze:

For all the old woman knew, you could have been shopping for a present for somebody

Aspiring Member
    Wow, I guess guys are not allowed to buy clothes for themselves or their female friends. Rather closed minded woman. Maybe I'm being too hard, but I would have directed her to where the batteries are kept in the store.

What nerve she had! You might have said, "who asked you?" or "how is it your business where I shop?" Sheesh, some people!! Let them ask me that question... O

"You are in the wrong section"

"You should mind your own business!"

(is what I would like to think I would've said...)

You should have said something like" Oh you mean this is the men's section Oh darn I guess I AM in the wrong section!" then say " is there a right section that "you" think I need to shop in like the dirty old stile-less old drab, plain, men's ugly section, Well I have mush to much stile to shop (gag) there." I think you would get your point across better and n0t be rude just sarcastic as hell. LOL. I have done stuff like that just not the precise thing I have said here cuz (she)or(he) never worded it that way. I must say it has only happened to me like twice when I was in drab. The funny thing is they honestly think there helping you. Some stores have a undefined line between the men's and women section. Some men do shop in the wrong section and not know until the either see some thing that they know is a girly thing or some one tells them. So don't be to hard on her. If she said it nicely with out sarcasm then she probably thought she was helping you. And if you were in the lost in the mo look that we can get shopping she might have thought you were lost.

Ok I don't know how she said it but it could be a chance eh. People who have not been exposed to US the guy and dolls of our WORLD don't think we could be shopping for ourselves. Plus if there is no sing of mean intent just tell them your shopping for your self and then watch the reaction , It is way toooooo much fun. I have never had a bad experience out and I hope I never do. I love to be the center of attention where ever I go.It's the the drama Queen in me!!!!!And if if people don't like TFB>>>>>>>>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((("I LOVE BEING A CROSSDRESSER")))))))))))))))))))

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

If you don't like my (honesty) well TFB.

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)

I think I would have suggested to her that she was in the wrong line of work.
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

And no doubt...

...this same woman buys her husband's and/or son(s) socks, underwear, and shirts etc. for them because if they're like most "real" men, they would rather have burning wooden splints shoved under their fingernails than go clothes shopping and will wear what they already have until it literally disintegrates and falls off their bodies. Hey, come to think about it - that sounds just like me when it comes to my "drab" clothes - and yes, men's clothes are drab in every sense of the word !

Betcha no one ever re-directed her out of the Men's' sections when she was on those shopping excursions. And if I had a nickel for every time I saw a GG browsing among (and trying on) men's sneakers, shoes, jeans, shirts, belts, windbreakers etc., I would probably be a rich man today.

But what I really get a kick out of is when typical women's' wear is described in store flyers or signs as "women's dresses", "women's skirts", "women's bras", "lingerie for her", "ladies' hosiery", and "women's' blouses". Why the unnecessary redundancy? Is it because these retailers have secret, hidden sections of their stores geared towards crossdressers, and stocked with the crossdresser equivalent of the above clothing that only those "in the know" are aware of and requiring a secret knock to gain access to ? Or is it a subliminal "women only; crossdressers not welcome here" message that I, like most of the ladies here, am more than happy to totally ignore ?

Hey, what's good for the goose is good for the gander !

A lot of people are stuck in their old fashioned thinking, and there's not much you can do about it. But, your right, the juniors have much cuter stuff!
    "And if you want some fun, sing Ob-Bla-Di-Bla-Da!"

Apparently ROSS employees like to answer questions nobody asked...

Interesting, a few years back I was at a ROSS in Austin, TX looking for woman's pants, and a female employee told me "those are woman's pants". I simply looked at her and said "I know." She then walked away. Looking back on it I wish I'd said something more witty.

The only time this has happened to me has been when the person trying to 'Help' mew says it in a loud voice that can be heard By the Queen of England. These people were trying to embarrass/Chastise me. I responded once "Oh should i be in the section where i don't spend money or can i stay here?' The other time while everyone in six states was looking at me i replied 'Really i was wondering why the assosiates in this store were so stupid as to put all these skirts in mens section.!!" I am what u call a natural smart ass it takes less time for me to be sarcastic than it takes another woman to grab that perfect skirt from teh rack in the mens department before you get there.

out of mind out of sight

I would have thought it rude and would have said something like: that is what you think because in my opinion there is no better place to be than in the women's section!!

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar

new tactic :)

Sometimes there are no words that will make a difference to an insensitive clod. In that case I have found that a fixed stare speaks volumes!

tina

Even worse...

A few years ago, I got out of work a little early, so I decided to stop by Target and see if I could find a new pair of heels, some stockings, and other stuff. Granted, I looked a little rough, seeing as how I am a plumber and just got done for the day. I was In the hoisery section, when I noticed that the same SA had been following me around for a while, and I had seen her looking my direction a few times. When she saw me pick up a package of thigh highs, she asked if I needed help finding the mens section. I said "No, thanks". She continued following me around, so I intentionaly went in circles around a few isles. She still followed. I finally had enough, and asked her why she keeps following me. She said that I looked suspicious to the manager, and she was told to keep an eye on me. Her face was RED. I said, "OOOHHHHH, I thought it was because I was looking for womens things." I pulled out a fat wad of 100 dollar bills from my pocket. (I had just been paid $4800 cash from the week long job I had just finished!!) I showed her the wad, laughed and said, "You tell your manager that I don't need to steal, but if he would like me to shop elsewhere, I will be happy to leave!" She said, "I'm sorry sir" and walked away. A few minutes later, the manager came up to me and tried to explain himself. I told him how sad and unwelcome it makes a person feel when they are assumed to be a thief. I said, "I may wear womens clothes, but I DAMN sure arent going to steal them!!!" He assured me that it would not happen again.

How rude. I remember buying several pairs of panties and being stared at. I was in drab. I went to purchase them and the female SA truly paused, looking at them, looking at me, then looking back at the panties. I just stood there waiting for her to say something. She didn't, but I knew what was going through her mind. I thought it was funny!
    I just want to look pretty.....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I would of asked her if she was that dumb everyday or just worked hard at it on certain days of the week.Like she thinks people don't know what section of the store they're in.

Fredericks of Hollywood

Not too many stores left but I used to go to the one in Lakeforest Mall in Gaithersburg MD and they were always helpful. They even let me try thing on in the dressing rooms. It was so nice to go in and out of the drssing rooms trying things on with other women in the store shopping.

Sylvia

I would have said but the cloths here are so much nicer to look at to see what my so would look like in them or me lol.

Quote Originally Posted by JackieInPA View Post
    The only time this has happened to me has been when the person trying to 'Help' mew says it in a loud voice that can be heard By the Queen of England. These people were trying to embarrass/Chastise me. I responded once "Oh should i be in the section where i don't spend money or can i stay here?' The other time while everyone in six states was looking at me i replied 'Really i was wondering why the assosiates in this store were so stupid as to put all these skirts in mens section.!!" I am what u call a natural smart ass it takes less time for me to be sarcastic than it takes another woman to grab that perfect skirt from teh rack in the mens department before you get there.

First time I went shopping for myself, a woman walked up to me (not an SA) and asked if I was shopping for myself, my answer: "No, I shopping for someone the exact size, shape and same voice as me but goes by a different name." The woman's jaw dropped and I litterally stared her out of the store!

An experience

I had an experience like that, but it was a sales associate who walked up and asked if I needed some help; not thinking straight I almost immediately told her it wasn't for me and her reply was "Yeah Right" SA's aren't dumb they really truly do want to help you no matter what you are looking at or buying!!

[SIZE="3"]Jennifer,
    I think you did the right thing by letting it go and not responding to this woman. Why get into a "thing" with her and have it grow into something messy.
    Susan
    [/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Leslie Langford View Post
    Betcha no one ever re-directed her out of the Men's' sections when she was on those shopping excursions. And if I had a nickel for every time I saw a GG browsing among (and trying on) men's sneakers, shoes, jeans, shirts, belts, windbreakers etc., I would probably be a rich man today.
    I see women shopping for mens clothing ALL THE TIME. Underwear, socks t-shirts even shoes.
    Once in a while if in a store, if I spot a top I like, I will see if it comes in my size and grab it if it does.

Once while shopping in Macys in the ladies section, I got a look from an older woman. So, I shot her a look back. She quickly turned and walked away. I cannot understand what is so disturbing to some women when men shop in the womans section when they probably shopped for men at some point in their lives for mens stuff.
    And let me take it a step further, has she not worn her husbands t-shirt, socks or slipped into HIS shoes if she had to step outside her house? Lots of women do this. My wifes girlfreind once slipped into my shoes to step out into my yard. I wondered, what if I slipped into her nice strappy shoes to step outside?

I had one clerk at a Target - back in 1990 - say to me - "Those pantyhose are for women..." My response was - "Yes - I know - They are so comfortable don't you think?"

Dee