Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ma'amed in Drab

Aspiring Member

Ma'amed in Drab

My adult daughter lives with her husband and two small children in a town ten miles from where my wife and I live. My daughter was quite sick yesterday so her husband stayed home from work to take care of the kids. Because today (Wednesday) is a day off for me, I offered to drive in to help her. She and her husband accepted my offer.
    After Sesame Street ended at 10am she put the baby down for a nap. I had errands to run so I took my 20 month old grandson with me. That would give my daughter a rest.
    I needed to buy a few things at Menards so I put my grandson in a shopping cart and away we went. Now I was dressed in drab because only my wife knows that I like to dress up. My hair was kind of wild because of the wind and rain. It's longer than usual because I'm overdue at the beauty shop. I wore my plain women's jeans with a unisex zip up jacket.
    Because I don't like to hold up the line, I usually fill out the check and register in the store before checking out. Then all I have to do is enter the amount and hand over the check. When it was my turn the checkout lady said," How are you today Ma'am?" I was surprised but said" Fine" in my softest voice. After I handed her my check she asked for my drivers license. It has my fem picture on it but it says that I am male of course. She looked at it and then circled my wife's name on the check. She must have thought that my husband had presigned the check for me.
    Then she handed me my license and said," Have a nice day ma'am." I said thank you and then my grandson and I left the store without looking back. I was afraid that someone that knows me might want to say hello. But I did have a smile on my face as we left. Leanne

Girlygirl Tomboy Wannabee Toni_Lynn's Avatar
    I've been ma'am'd and called miss whilst dressed in drab, but what happened to you tops of it. It must have felt great.

Once, about 22 years ago I was in a Target store. I was waiting in line and was in drab, but long hair as usual, a purse, and small hoop earring. A child (don't recall boy or girl) said it mum, "Mommy. that boy is a girl!"

Oh how right that child was!

Huggles

Toni-Lynn
    --I'm TN (transnationalist) - a Canadian born in an American's body! I stand on guard for thee!

Happens to me once in a while. My wife and I went out to dinner and the hostess said, "How are you ladies doing tonight?". We laughed and laughed at that one.

Since my hair is long and I am short I will get ma'amed from behind alot. Standing in line at Borders a woman gets in line behind me to pay. Her friends says that she'll be waiting outside and the lady replies that she'll only be a minute as the girl in front of her (me) is next in line.

I do love it when it happens.

That's a great story. I was called ma'am once due to the beret clip in my long hair. When I turned around to face the girl that said it, she pulled a home alone with her hands cuffed over her face and trying to appologize.

Just a girl at heart too Kerigirl2009's Avatar
    I have never been called maamed face to face, BUT I do get maamed all the time when I go through the drive thru or answer the telephone. I LOVE when that happens, as I am not trying to sound feminine, I guess it just comes natural. Now if I was ever maamed while en drab I would be shocked, But I would LOVE to be maamed while dressed.

Doesn't it feel great!!
    I get ma'am pretty regularly, as well as "ladies" when I am out with my wife. Even get read as lesbian once in a while
    All in "guy" cloths, but my hair is in a a-line bob and I have small hoops in allthe time.

I get Mam'ed on the phone all the time.
    I used to get mamed en-drab alot to. Then again, I have long hair, long nails, pieced ears ect....
    Lately though, sciince mother nature has "taken a little off the top" (if you know what I mean) I havn't gotten it as much while hiding my shame under a ball cap

Down into the Easy Chair SweetCaroline's Avatar
    It happens to me all the time, mostly because I have long hair, people see me from behind and say "excuse me mam" even if I have facial hair. Funny thing is they always feel compelled to apologize after realizing I'm a male.
    Little do they know...
    Caroline Emily
    Co-Moderator
    SISTERS FAMILY

Gardner Chapter
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sisters_of_gardner/
    Worcester Chapter
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sisters_of_worcester/

Family is the most important thing in the World.

I have never been ma'am ed in drab before. One time oh years ago like maybe 6 or 7 I was trying out my fem-voice, (this was be for I was going out dressed) I tried the southern bell fem-voice I was gonna use , on the CB driving my truck down south. I no longer use a southern accent. I would do it at night cuz people when talking to a women on the CB always try to find what truck the girl is in to see what they look like. Well I called myself Pussy foot. No one I ever talked to ever figured out I was a man. I then figured I had the voice down pat. The prob I had was trying to explain why a Canadian Girl had a southern bell voice. I since lost the bell part of my voice and now it seem to be fine. Even though my mom thinks

1) She can't get used to the voice change. She thinks it sounds like I am forcing it to much.

2) She does not like my red hair that I love by the way. What's one to do with one's Mommy anyway. Ah ya gotta love them EH.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((("I LOVE BEING A CROSSDRESSER")))))))))))))))))))

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

If you don't like my (honesty) well TFB.

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)

I used to get "ma'am"-ed on the phone when I was younger. It offended me then, but at the time I was trying so hard to pretend that I wasn't me.

Did get ma'am-ed at a club once this summer, my first real time out en femme.

It felt so good.
    [SIZE="3"]Ali[/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]"You're as beautiful as you feel"... Carole King[/SIZE]

I've had that happen a few times. At the laundramat the other week a woman gave me a smile, then came over to hit on me thinking I was a woman. Had a guy ask me to dance at a nightclub one time, should have seen his eyes when he heard my voice.

Untill recently I keep my hair around shoulder length and would often get Ma'aned, but that is one thing that's always bothered my SO. So now I've gotten a hair cut and just wear my wig when I'm Enfem

I got "ma'amed" last Saturday night at a restaurant. A guy said, "excuse me ma'am." I was in typical "stealth-mode" and it made me smile. I got back to our table and told my wife Jackie, "Well, I must be doing something right, I just got ma'amed". Big grin from her...it felt good.
    O

Lucky.... I don't even get Maamed when I'm out enfemme... sigh.....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I've been ma'amed in drab a couple of times that I've actually noticed, and reportedly once when I wasn't paying attention.

Once was at the local Burlington, I was buying a sweater dress, and the SA said, "I can help you over here ma'am... Oh, I'm sorry sir!"

The second was at the grocery store, doing my regular run. The bag boy asked, "paper or plastic, ma'am?" at which point I turned to give my answer and he also fell right into an apology.

Both times I laughed a little and let them know it was all right. After all, I have long hair (still growing out from the bob cut when I donated), stud earrings and longish fingernails.
    One may tolerate a world of demons for the sake of an angel. - Reinette, Doctor Who: The Girl In The Fireplace

Have posted before that I have been Mammed a few times. Always liked it.

While in guy mode I sometimes get "ma'am" from store clerks who didn't look too carefully.
    I have a birth defect: a Y chromosome.

I got the "reverse stammer" from a server at my local drive-through pizza-by-the-slice place a couple of months ago. I was in drab, and she handed me my food, then said, "thank you sir, omigod, I'm so sorry about that, I mean ma'am!"

Made my day, especially since this is someone I see once or twice a week, so she's had some time to look me over and form an impression before.

- Diane

Quote Originally Posted by Christina W View Post
    I would do it at night cuz people when talking to a women on the CB always try to find what truck the girl is in to see what they look like. Well I called myself Pussy foot. No one I ever talked to ever figured out I was a man.
    When i ran a base station, my handle was IceCream. I used to like to adgitate and agravate the "disle deamon dummies" and be a constnat reminder of the split speed limit. (65 for cars, 55 for trucks)

Separate and distinct

I'd like to be able to keep the two entities separate and distinct. My thought is that there really isn't that much separating our individual actions in either sex other than perception. In other words, with practice and feedback it should be possible to switch modes, like an actor or actress. All theory of course as it's not something I've worked hard at but geniuses like Christopher Morley appeared to able to pull it off. Given the choice between not passing (not that my genetic appearance would allow that anyway) and passing but having fem flow into my everyday appearance I'd choose not passing. My mom is gay however and as a result I grew up around lots and lots of gay guys; fabulous did not seem especially feminine and so was not something that appealed to me. I hope this does not give offense to those who do as none is intended in anyway.

I got ma'med once leaving a Mcdonalds. I was wearing a huge bulky sweatshirt and Men's Levi's Skinny 501's, and my tennis shoes. I was like, "did she really just call me ma'am? Another time on a bus, of all places, a girl was having an entire conversation about me to her friend. It seems she thought I was FTM. Again, I never go out dressed. I was wearing like all guys clothes! I was absolutely incredulous. Might be because I'm letting my hair grow out much longer. But being 6'1", I wouldn't have thought anyone could mistake me for ever being female. I was secretly flattered.

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    I get greeted as ma'am all of the time when my wife and I are out shopping. I suppose the SA's are just not paying attention, but at first glance with my hair pulled back into a ponytail; maybe?
    Dana Ryan

Nice stories. Wish it would happen to me.

I wear femme rings and clear nail polish on weekends, and several times I've been "ma'amed" in drab that way when people see my hands first. When people apologize I used to say "no worries". What I should say is thanks for the compliment!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

I haven't been maamed since I was a teenager and had my gorgeous blonde hair...