Thread: advice finding a job enfemme?

getting closer everyday.. Kiera's Avatar

advice finding a job enfemme?

Ok... Where do I begin... I have been having a lot of trouble at work the past several months. Not with the people or even the work. I get along well with my peers and have excelled in my job to the point that they are now using my ideas and pretty much let me work unsupervised as I cover an area at night that takes three others to do in the daytime... But the problem is that I find it increasingly difficult to make it on time if I even make it in at all.
    This is not typical of how I feel about work because I take it very seriously but without having the option of working in girl mode I am sabatoging my own efforts to advance. Sooo... Long story short... Ne tips on finding accepting employment?
    Hugs,
    Kiera
    Kiera Renea

Aspiring Member

keep the job you got

Kiera,
    don't know where you work or what you do, but in this economy, I would advise keeping your job, underdress and work en femme in your attitude.
    Mandrake out of water

Quote Originally Posted by Kiera View Post
    Ok... Where do I begin... I have been having a lot of trouble at work the past several months. Not with the people or even the work. I get along well with my peers and have excelled in my job to the point that they are now using my ideas and pretty much let me work unsupervised as I cover an area at night that takes three others to do in the daytime... But the problem is that I find it increasingly difficult to make it on time if I even make it in at all.
    This is not typical of how I feel about work because I take it very seriously but without having the option of working in girl mode I am sabatoging my own efforts to advance. Sooo... Long story short... Ne tips on finding accepting employment?
    Hugs,
    Kiera
    I would imagine to find a job in girl mode, one should apply in girl mode, or contact your human resources deptment ( if there is such a thing where you work). I doubt that too many employers would agree to let you switch back and forth. An all or nothing type deal. A little more information would be helpful. Do you want to go full time as a woman? Do you want to transition? Do you work for a large company?

Kel
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

Yes it is a large corporation but by the pay you wouldn't think so. The problem is that everyone only knows me in guy mode. I am very aggresive when it comes to work and fear that because of that i would not be easily accepted. I spend most of my time off work enfemme however and think that if I had the option of working that way I would be... Well simply a happier person in general. If I can't make it to work ill never be able to even consider transition.
    Last edited by Kiera; 11-19-2009 at 08:33 PM.
    Kiera Renea

Quote Originally Posted by busker View Post
    Kiera,
    don't know where you work or what you do, but in this economy, I would advise keeping your job, underdress and work en femme in your attitude.
    Mandrake out of water
    With a 10.2% unemployment rate and soon to get worse in 2010. I totally agree.. I wouldn't abandoned what you have untill your 110% sure you have a new one.. And I'm not even going to discuss wage idsparity between male and female jobs..
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Loves ordinary miracles SuzanneBender's Avatar
    Do your best at your current job. Getting fired would not help you with an already tough task.

As for your en femme job search, as usual, the girls are right. You need to apply interview and plan on working 100% en femme. Most employers are hiring you for the image that you portray and they are not fond of you switching that image from day to day.

An outstanding resource is the SCC conference site for 2009 and 2008. They have a job fair during the conference with TG friendly employers and a pretty good listing of companies and many of them are fortune 500. Get the resume out there and start interviewing. Don't expect miracles overnight in this economy, but there are still jobs out there for those with the proper skills and attitude.

You can also take the route that I have retraining. I am really tired of my employer and all the hassle that comes with it. So I have started working on another degree in the evenings with all me free time <---that was said with extreme sarcasm. In less than three years I plan on hanging my shingle in Marriage and Family Therapy with an emphasis in Gender Psychology.
    See yourself as a soul with a body not a body with a soul" Dr. Wayne Dyer

I never said it would be easy. transitioning at your present job might be more difficult than at a new job, but either way you will be in the spotlight. You will be seen as a man transitioning into a woman. Been there, have the t-shirt. As someone said "it takes balls to wear a dress", and that's no BS.
    If you are serious you could contact your HR dept by phone and ask the companies policy on transsexuals. I don't even think you would be required to give your name when asking.If they are accepting you could find yourself a gender therapist to see where you fall in the spectrum. If you can convince your therapist that you are indeed GD they may give you a letter that you can take to HR. Can ya handle it?
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

Silver Member
    Yeah. Been there, done that too. It ain't easy.

But in this economy those of us who HAVE jobs should be working hard to keep them. If you are fired or laid off you will find it almost impossible to find another job.

Lovies,
    Stephenie

Have you checked with the Human Resourse Dept. or the Corporation`s web site to see how Gender friendly they are ?

(not a whale)
    this is a terrible, terrible idea. suck it up and be like everyone else who generally dislikes their jobs

Keep

your job, do whatever it takes. Leave your hobby at home.

Thank you all for your responses but I didn't really get the type of responses that I was looking for...
    First I would like to say that I have no plans of quitting my job abruptly but find myself in a situation where I may, despite all my efforts, be slowly hurting myself in my workplace inadvertently due to my dressing... Which btw is much more to me than just a hobby. I didn't make that clear either lol.
    ... It seems the more I type the more complicated this all seems to me... I'm finding it difficult to express what I had been trying to ask without going into a very long explanation lol... So once again thank you all and perhaps I should just save this one for the therapist...
    Hugs,
    Kiera
    Kiera Renea

Therapist is a good idea.... I generally do not like therapists, but in this case I think you need a sounding board of someone that understands your situation a little better than I do!
    I am a business owner, and I can tell you that no matter how great a job you may be doing when you are at work, if you miss a lot of time, it will be noticed in a very negative way!
    Keep in there!
    Lisa E

Hi Kiera
    I guess I am thinking more along the same lines as Kellycan , in that could you talk to your HR person and see how they would feel about you dressing en fem at work , I would think that with your good work record they would be happy to let you dress and be comfortable at work , in my eyes that would mean a more productive worker.
    Therapy has certainly helped me through a lot of difficulties so maybe it would be best to talk about your feeling there first.
    I wish you all the best!
    Tomara

... It seems the more I type the more complicated this all seems to me... I'm finding it difficult to express what I had been trying to ask without going into a very long explanation lol... So once again thank you all and perhaps I should just save this one for the therapist...
    Kiera,

Things are not always as straightforward as they appear. It does sound likely that a good therapist, with more time for discussion than a system like this creates, could be helpful in clarifying your own feelings and goals.

I am personally curious about one thing you wrote, "I am very aggresive when it comes to work and fear that because of that i would not be easily accepted."

If you don't want to get into an expanded discussion here but are still willing to explain what you mean, please feel free to private message me.

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

But the problem is that I find it increasingly difficult to make it on time if I even make it in at all.
    Ok what I want to know is WHY you have a hard time making it into work. Do you have a old car that does not want to start, do you get lost on the way to work , or is it because you don't want to get out of fe-mode to go to work.

I think it's the ladder, Work is something you do to keep the money coming so you can buy all the dresses, tops ,shoes , makeup etc. If you don't make it in , you might not be able to buy that cute pair is pumps you saw yesterday.

If that is the reason you are late for work.....We all can relate to it, but ya have to work.

Like the other girls I would say to go job hunting en-fem and until you find one and know it will be good for you, before you quit. I drive truck and I am gone 1 to 2 weeks at a time and I hate it. I have to keep working , but I will look for something else maybe next year , En-fem of course.

So good luck and I wish you luck hun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((("I LOVE BEING A CROSSDRESSER")))))))))))))))))))

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

If you don't like my (honesty) well TFB.

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)